Send Mail through Exchange Server

Hi,

I face a problem in using mail functions to get mail alias and address
as well as send mail.
Now my company is using MS-MAIL. In Future, we would plan
the upgrade the MS-MAIL to MS Exchange Server . In the testing
environment, I
cannot get the receiver name by executing the 32-bit Powerbuilder
program,
the code in the program is like:
mSes = create mailSession

// Log on to the session
//mRet = mSes.mailLogon(mailNewSession!)
mRet = mSes.mailLogon()

IF mRet <> mailReturnSuccess! THEN
 MessageBox("Mail", 'Logon failed.')
 RETURN
END IF

mRecip.Name = dw_1.GetItemString(1, 'last_name')
mRet = mSes.MailResolveRecipient(mRecip)

The exchange server always return offline global address book but during
the
logon process, the mRet value returns MailReturnSuccess!

However, when I run the 16-bit version of the same program, the receiver
name can be successfully.

How can it happen?? Any help will be appreciated!
Thanks in Advance!

Regards,
Francis

0
Francis

Sending E-Mail from a server with Windows Server 2003 and Exchange
What's the proper way to do this? I can't seem to find any simple answer to this...anybody got one? ;)Erik PorterChannel 9 Dev Team...

how to send mail from exchange server
Hi!  How do I configure web.config to send mail from an exchange server? This does not work:  <system.net> <mailSettings><smtp> <network host="exchangeServ1" username=user1@mydomain.com password="pass" /></smtp> </mailSettings> </system.net>   update: solved,  username needs to be userName Don't stop here, would be nice to include the code behind as well for the post! I always forget how to talk to exchange, great reminder, I'll write it down this time.CheersAlMy BlogMapStats.NETPlease clic...

After configuring the SMTP server for sending mails ,How to authenticate against the mail server?
  Hi,After configuring the SMTP server ,How to authenticate against the mail server for sending mails?Swati                                             http://www.systemnetmail.com/faq/4.2.aspxhttp://www.systemwebmail.com/faq/3.8.aspxAlso, in .NET 2.0 you can store the SMTP credentials and server info in web.config.Ryan OlshanASPInsider | Microsoft MVP, ASP.NEThtt...

Sending Mail via Exchange Server
Hi allI am currently trying to send and email via exchange except I'm having a nightmare getting it working, you'd think this would be pertty simple wouldn't you?I have added a reference to cdoex.dll in my project and this is my code: ADODB.ConnectionClass conn = null;CDO.MessageClass msg = new CDO.MessageClass();CCDO.ConfigurationClass config = new CDO.ConfigurationClass();conn = new ADODB.ConnectionClass(); conn.Provider = "MSDAIPP.DSO.1";conn.Open("http://servername/exchange/mailboxname", "username", "password", -1);config.Fields[CDO.CdoConfiguration.cdoSendUserReplyEmailAddress].Value =...

Mail Sending problem from exchange server
I want to send mail from the following code and getting the error Mailbox unavailable. The server response was: Relay error on mailstor for your ip - "IP Address" Please let me know how to come out from the error.   My Code is : MailMessage mail = new MailMessage(pMailForm, pMailTo); mail.Subject = "Subject"; mail.Body = "Body";mail.IsBodyHtml = true; mail.Priority = MailPriority.High;SmtpClient smtp = new SmtpClient(); smtp.Credentials = System.Net.CredentialCache.DefaultNetworkCredentials; dsConfigDetail = gClsWSUserAdmin.GetConfiguration...

sending mail to a microsoft exchange server
Hi,I am looking for a tutorial to send a mail to microsoft exchange server using one of its mail account.For example I have build an inventory application and exhange server admin has created a new account for my inventory application ( example : inventory_notification@myexhangeserver.com). For some reason, my inventory application must send some notification mail to certain people (usually my warehouse boss).Sample e-mail :from : inventory_notification@myexchangeserver.comto : warehouse_bozz@myexhangeserver.comsubject : confirmationmessage : There are some change in stock balance.if invento...

Send Mail through MS Exchange Server
--------------FD7B94321A7D8DF8D301711E Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I am using mailsession.mailogon() and the relative mail powerscript function (PB 6.5 Version) to send mail through MS-Mail. Now we would plan the upgrade the MS-MAIL to MS Exchange Server. In the testing environment, I cannot find the receiver name by executing the 32-bit program, the code in the program is like: mSes = create mailSession // Log on to the session //mRet = mSes.mailLogon(mailNewSession!) mRet = mSes.mailLogon() IF mRet <> mailReturnS...

Send Mail from my Mail Server
Hi,         I tested the sample code which is used to send mail from asp.net page like SmtpMail.Send(....). Actually it works well. But here the mail was not stored in the send items of my email ID (From ID) when i sent a mail. I think you got my question. My question is every time i send a mail the mail will also be stored in the sent items. And also I want to send mails from my Mail Server. Please send your suggestions or links.Thanx,M. GANESAN  The mail isn't being sent from your email software, so it won't be stored in your Sent Items folde...

Mail sending through a mail server or ASP.NET mail component??
Hi masters; I'm building a webmail UI and theres one thing I would like to know: What would be the feature or performance differences if I send my mails through my mail server COM API (hMailServer 4.3) or through ASP.NET mail component? Thanks..Kaan ÖZGEN Performance likley negliable differences, even if sending 100 000 emails, the real time will be the sending of the email. If the API offers smarter batching of e-mails then it might make a difference. The advantages of using the .NET SmtpClient (which I assume is what you're referring) are that you're really not dependent on ...

How do you send e-mail via a MS Exchange Server?
Hello, I need send e-mail via an MS Exchange server. When ever someone submits a request through the website, I want to fire off an e-mail back to the submitter saying "thank you for submitting" and to an admin saying "something was submitted". I can do that with SMTP and the .NET System.Net.Mail but it doesn't work through our MS exchange server? Any idea's on how this is done?  Thanks Hi, First you need to add this in your web.config:   <system.net> <mailSettings> <smtp from="Tesn...

Sending mail thorugh Windows 2003 exchange server
I have set up my Bugzilla install but whilst setting it up there was not an available exchange server so I had nowhere to route the emails. =20 Having now set up my exchange server on a separate physical server I now need to change the settings but am not able to find how to do so? Am I being stupid? ...

The server response was: 503 This mail server requires authentication when attempting to send to a non-local e-mail address
I am not sure why now I am getting this error all of a sudden.  Our ISP had changed some of their mail server around, and I think this should still work but it's not:    Public Function SendMail(ByVal userid As String) As Boolean        Dim obUser As New BusinessLayer.BUser        obUser.GetUser(SqlTypes.SqlGuid.Parse(userid))        Dim obMail As New Web.Mail.MailMessage        obMail.To = obUser.Email        obMail.From = "postmaster@sss.net "     ...

Not able to send mail to Hotmail Account. Mail getting queued up in the mail server.
Hi, I have created a mobile web page in VS2005, which has the functionality of sending emails. With the code I have written, I am able to send mails to all the other accounts except Hotmail account. The email is getting queued up. This I was able to find out  from the Inetput\mailroot\queue folder. I am not able to find out why this is happening and what should be done to solve this. Any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks ASMJ      Check the SMTP logs to see what's happening.  Also post at www.iis.net, the forums there cover SMTP and i...

Web resources about - Send Mail through Exchange Server - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Medium of exchange - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
A medium of exchange is an intermediary used in trade to avoid the inconveniences of a pure barter system. By contrast, as William Stanley Jevons ...

Heated exchange at cobalt hearing
Jeff Gleeson, senior counsel for Racing Victoria, clashed heatedly with trainer Danny O'Brien in the closing stages of day five of the hearing ...

GroupM Buys The Exchange Lab
GroupM has acquired The Exchange Lab and its proprietary programmatic marketing technology, Proteus, helping expand the capabilities of the WPP ...

Exchange photos and videos with a mechanic using Openbay app
... , Technology Openbay, an online marketplace app connecting customers to repair shops, has added a feature that allows mechanics to exchange ...

Paul Ryan Negotiated Exporting Oil In Exchange For Importing Syrians
House Speaker Paul Ryan traded exporting oil for importing Syrians in the trillion dollar omnibus bill.

Love Home Swap acquires Dutch competitor HomeForExchange as it looks to dominate the home exchange market ...
... London-based startup with a platform that allows people to swap their homes with other property owners, has acquired Danish rival HomeForExchange ...

New York Stock Exchange Leads in Global Capital Raising for Fifth Consecutive Year, with 2015 Proceeds ...
The New York Stock Exchange, a subsidiary of the Intercontinental Exchange&rsquo;s (NYSE:ICE) global network of exchanges, announced today that ...

Securities and Exchange Commission complaint against Martin Shkreli, - Chicago Tribune
... SEC complaint (Text) Get unlimited digital access to chicagotribune.com. Try it today for ONLY $0.99. Chicago Tribune Securities and Exchange ...

The world's newest stock exchange
Former pariah state Myanmar is set to launch its first stock exchange on Wednesday.

Breast Milk Scammer Sends Fake Check In Exchange For Mail-Order Milk
In this story, a woman and her customer were engaging in a controversial practice: they had arranged online to exchange human milk for money, ...