Send a message with a different way that send an email using outlook

Guys I don't know what is happening  with me or my outlook express, this is
the fouth time that I try to send this post and all are included in the
first one, so I had to change the title, I hope this is the last try

TIA

Osvaldo

"Osvaldo Valenzuela" <ovalenzuela@ias-tecnomex.com> wrote in message

Sorry if I post my problem again, I noted that I sent it with date of
yesterday, this is not my good day, thanks again.

"Osvaldo Valenzuela" <ovalenzuela@ias-tecnomex.com> wrote in message

 Hi all, maybe it sounds very strange but I need to find the way to send an
alert message or email to another user from one workstation, currently our
application send an email to the supervisor in some specific situations, but
the people that work in that workstation had been using the Outlook program
for non business issues like send jokes and dirty photos, and we had to
uninstall Outlook and close the Internet access, so now the Supervisor is
not able to receive the email alerts.

Anyone has an idea of how can I send a message or email using API functions
or something else ?? any idea or clue is very appreciated

 Thanks in advance.

 Osvaldo

0
Osvaldo
1/29/2002 5:35:44 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 14 followers. Follow

Try to create a bat file called Net_Send containing the following:
NET SEND %1% 'This is a test message from ...'

then in your script do this :

string ls_run

ls_run = 'NET_SEND.BAT USERID'

RUN (ls_run)

This will send a network message to USERID (your variable) with the
following message 'This is a test message from...'

0
GERRY
1/29/2002 6:29:16 PM
Hi Gerry, I was enable to run the bat file in win 98, but I could run it on
one win 2000 machine, I run NET SEND OVALENZUELA TEST and the prompt
indicates the message was successfully sent to that user, but in the target
machine (win 98) I can't see anything, how it suppose that I have to see the
message, in a popup window or something ?? and this command only works
between NT / win 2000 machines ??

Thank for your help

Osvaldo

<GERRY> wrote in message
> Try to create a bat file called Net_Send containing the following:
> NET SEND %1% 'This is a test message from ...'
>
> then in your script do this :
>
> string ls_run
>
> ls_run = 'NET_SEND.BAT USERID'
>
> RUN (ls_run)
>
> This will send a network message to USERID (your variable) with the
> following message 'This is a test message from...'

0
Osvaldo
1/29/2002 7:10:12 PM
I believe the user must be running winpopup.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

> Hi Gerry, I was enable to run the bat file in win 98, but I could run it
on
> one win 2000 machine, I run NET SEND OVALENZUELA TEST and the prompt
> indicates the message was successfully sent to that user, but in the
target
> machine (win 98) I can't see anything, how it suppose that I have to see
the
> message, in a popup window or something ?? and this command only works
> between NT / win 2000 machines ??
>
> Thank for your help
>
> Osvaldo
>
> <GERRY> wrote in message
> > Try to create a bat file called Net_Send containing the following:
> > NET SEND %1% 'This is a test message from ...'
> >
> > then in your script do this :
> >
> > string ls_run
> >
> > ls_run = 'NET_SEND.BAT USERID'
> >
> > RUN (ls_run)
> >
> > This will send a network message to USERID (your variable) with the
> > following message 'This is a test message from...'

0
Terry

How to get rid of warning message "A program is trying to send..." when sending email using Outlook 2007
Hi, How do you find a way to get rid of the warning message "A program is trying to send an e-mail message on your behalf...." when sending an email (using MAPI) using Outlook 2007 from a PowerBuilder application? I would like an email message sent with an attachment automatically without interruption. BusyBeaver There is a setting that your email admin can change to avoid that message. I don't know what it is but I know it exist because we had the same problem years ago. Another option is to ditch mapi and use smtp instead. I just recently changed our syst...

A problem to send email using Smtp
I have a proble to send an email from asp.net I do the following code to send an email: MailMessage mail=new MailMessage(); mail.From="test@server.com"; mail.To="myemailaddress@server.com"; mail.BodyFormat=MailFormat.Html; mail.Subject="testing..."; mail.Body="cool"; SmtpMail.SmtpServer="localhost"; SmtpMail.Send(mail); But I dont' receive an email when I use this method. Why is that? How can I send an email? Thanks in advance! check and see if.. -your client-side code has no errors -you imported the S...

How to send an appointment to OutLook 2003 from asp.net 2.0 that not use spmt.send() email attachment
hi all, I have web application internal write by asp.net 2.o OutLook has Exchange Server I want to send an appointment to OutLook from this application web any idears ? please help me. thanks and regards niemdamme See if this helps: Sending Appointments to an Outlook 2007 Calendar from an ASP.NET 2.0 Web Site http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/bb655909.aspxThanks,MaxLet Me Google That For You! hi Bullpit I want to send an appointment to OutLook 2003 not OutLook 2007 I have refered to your link but not work thanks , I think this is for 2003. http://codebetter.com...

Using Outlook 2003 /Groupwise 7
--____QNGLRLTZMDMZLESUCFLJ____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-15 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Content-Disposition: inline; modification-date="Sat, 26 Sep 2008 07:39:59 -0400" Testing Groupwise 7 before we make it live. Some users want to use = Outlook and Outlook 2003 appears to work fine and retrieveing and viewing = the email but when they attempt to send email, it does not get sent. In = the left pane under accounts you have personal folders and then the users = Groupwise folders. The unsent email shows up under sent in the personal = ...

send email using outlook 2003
user should get a mail jn the inbox of outlook 2003 to confirm that their request form has beensent to their supervisor ... i did 1 in vs .net right click on references and choose add reference2 select the com tab3choose microsoft outlook 11 object library and click select4click OKand on the asp .net  form  create button send double click the button i added the codeprivate Outlook.Application oApp = null;private Outlook.NameSpace oNameSpace = null;private Outlook.MAPIFolder oOutboxFolder = null;oApp = new Outlook.Application();oNameSpace= oApp.GetNamespace("...

How can I send an HTML format email using send mail
Does anyone know how to send an HTML formatted email using sendmail. I can send plain text email OK. If I format the message using HTML the message shows the HTML tags. I can't find any information regarding this on cpan. Are there any other modules that have this capability? Any help is greatly appreciated. Jeff I've sent you a private message with a script. I didn't think it would be appropriate to post that much code to the list. Agustin Rivera Webmaster, Pollstar.com http://www.pollstar.com ----- Original Message ----- From: "jeff" <we...

Sending email without using Outlook
What's the best way to send an email without having Outlook loaded on the PC? We've been using Outlook but are catching flack for having it loaded on the server (and using a very old version that doesn't prompt when an outside program trys to access the address book). Thanks! Dave If you use an SMTP server, you could use that without using Outlook. I had similar problem once upon a time. Works great unless you have relay restrictions, in which case you can open up just the users who need to pass through. Mark <Dave Simpson> wrote in message news:4237399b...

Send secure email using Outlook
I have the following code which is woking ok. My question is how do I send this email securely? Any suggestions ??? Thanks. --------------------- const olMailItem = 0; var Outlook: OleVariant; vMailItem: variant; begin begin try Outlook := GetActiveOleObject('Outlook.Application'); except Outlook := CreateOleObject('Outlook.Application'); end; vMailItem := Outlook.CreateItem(olMailItem); vMailItem.Recipients.Add('xxxx@yahoo.com'); vMailItem.Subject := 'test email'; vMailItem.Body := 'This is a test'; v...

Why do Sending SMTP Authenticated E-mail succeed using SmtpMail.Send() function but fail using SmtpClient.send() function ? Bugs in System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail?
I click btnOK button, the email can send OK, but click btnFail button,  the following error is displayed! why ? you can test the section code. The SMTP, username, password are valid!  Many thanks! "Syntax error, command unrecognized. The server response was: authentication failed,decode user password error" I have tested some other SMTP, somes is OK. I think there are some bugs with System.Net.Mail.SmtpClient when send a Authenticated E-mail with some SMTP!   //------------------------------------------.ASPX Code----------------------------------------...

Mass Email sending or Bulk sending email
  i have a Problem regarding Email sending ie : Bulk sending mails --> let me explain Clearly i have an excel sheet in that there are around 3000 Records and in that each and ever record has a unique email id( it can be either gmail , yahoo. or hotmail )so , now i need a soluction for how to send a Bulk email at a timeas i told earlier  , each record contain Unique email id , so i need to send email for individual recodes in excel with appropriate record data  for the above probm , i have writen a program with foreach loop --> it is like, i have taken a co...

multiple SMTP's and different IP's, domain names to send email from this server using different SMTP's
Is anybody can help me with this 2 issues we have: 1. We need to have multiple SMTP's installed on our server - how do you do that 2. We need to rotate different IP's, domain names to send email from this server using different SMTP's          Thanks   Third party mail server.  Look at Smartermail or iMail, Exchange if you need that much. JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue. Is this only option? &n...

Sending mail messages using Outlook 2000
--------------A34A159E71B967FF20F44B5A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi Everyone, I am a newbie to PB 7.0. I am trying to add a feature in my application that would allow me to send mail messages using Outlook 2000 locally. I can send mail messages successfully using VB 6.0. But I have to do this in PB. I tried the following. I don't know how to declare Mailitem. I have also attached the VB Code that works. If there is any other way could some one let me know. Any little bit of information would be helpful. Please e-mail to rnath...

Sending email with Outlook using VB.net
Hi I develop an application in Vb.net that email using Outlook 2003 (Primary Interop Assembly). But when I deploy to the client PC, it only WORK if that user has to be a member of Administrator group. If that user is NOT in that Administrator group then it doesn't work. I don't know the reason behind it? Please advice the reason. Thanks a lot Right click on MyComputer. click on Manage Under see the group section add that user in Administrator group. Alos install "Click yes"  programSatalaj Watch The true story of internet ||Yet another forum |||I'm big fan ...

send email using sql at message parameter
Hi friends, i am using the xp_startsmtp for send mail but i need to send a query in the message parameter, for example: CALL "dbo"."xp_startsmtp"("smtp_sender" = 'hpalomino3@adisof.com',"smtp_server" = 'www.qqq.com.pe', "smtp_port" = 25,"timeout" = 60); CALL xp_sendmail( recipient='hpalomino@adisof.com', subject='Backup', cc_recipient = 'ltelles@adisof.com', "message"= select name_customer from customer ); At SQLServer it`s possible. Thanks ...

Web resources about - Send a message with a different way that send an email using outlook - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Russia’s Vladimir Putin says easy to work both with Assad and US on Syria conflict
News agencies said his quotes were from a new documentary to be released on Russian television on Sunday.

Cruz opens new front of attack against Rubio
Washington Post Cruz opens new front of attack against Rubio CNN Washington (CNN) Ted Cruz tried to regain the offensive Friday in his escalating ...

National Herald Case: Rahul Gandhi says charges false, will never bow down
Speaking to members of the press after the Patiala House court granted them an unconditional bail on a personal bond of Rs 50,000 each, Rahul ...

‘Tis The Season! Fight Holiday Stress With These Expert Tips
It is supposed to be the most wonderful time of the year, yet with non-stop shopping, a sudden overblown social schedule full of holiday parties, ...

Tennessee High School Student Dead After He Shielded Three Girls From Random ...
TheBlaze.com Tennessee High School Student Dead After He Shielded Three Girls From Random ... TheBlaze.com As a few men opened fire on a seemingly ...

Ethan Couch: ‘Affluenza’ Teen May Have Fled Country, FBI, U.S. Marshals Join Search
The FBI and U.S. Marshals are joining in on the hunt to locate Ethan Couch, the 18-year-old Texas teen who became famous for receiving probation ...

Canadian allegedly stabs to death British tourist during hallucinogenic drug ...
CBC.ca Canadian allegedly stabs to death British tourist during hallucinogenic drug ... Fox News LIMA, Peru – A 29-year-old Canadian is being ...

People Want To Bomb The Fictional Kingdom In 'Aladdin,' But Don't Panic Yet
Huffington Post People Want To Bomb The Fictional Kingdom In 'Aladdin,' But Don't Panic Yet Huffington Post The "Flying Carpets Over Agrabah" ...

UN endorses peace road map for Syria
Politico UN endorses peace road map for Syria Politico The United Nations Security Council reached agreement Friday on a plan that aims to ...

Apple's Tim Cook says tax avoidance criticism is 'political crap'
Apple and other tech companies have been criticised for using complex cross-border accounting measures to transfer profits to low tax jurisdictions ...