Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.

I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any
hints.
Thanks
Jim
jimo@jdssc.com
in ls_mod_string
DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",
~"inv~".~"price_by_dim2~",
~"inv~".~"price_by_dim3~", ~"inv~".~"price_by_dim4~",
~"inv~".~"price_by_dim5~",
~"inv~".~"ticket_desc~", Null new_last_cost, Null new_regular_cost, Null
new_current_price,
Null new_sugg_price, ~"inv_dtl~".~"loc_price_group_id~" FROM ~"inv_dtl~",
~"inv~"
WHERE inv_dtl.inv_id = inv.inv_id and inv.price_by_dim2 = 0 and
inv.price_by_dim3 = 0
and inv.price_by_dim4 = 0 and inv.price_by_dim5 = 0 AND inv.vend_id IN
( 3 )"
s_mod_return = dw_1.Modify(ls_mod_string)
After mod
dw_1.Describe("DataWindow.Table.Select")
SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~",
~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",
~"inv~".~"price_by_dim2~",
~"inv~".~"price_by_dim3~", ~"inv~".~"price_by_dim4~",
~"inv~".~"price_by_dim5~",
~"inv~".~"ticket_desc~", Null new_last_cost, Null new_regular_cost, Null
new_current_price,
Null new_sugg_price, ~"inv_dtl~".~"loc_price_group_id~" FROM ~"inv_dtl~",
~"inv~"
WHERE inv_dtl.inv_id = inv.inv_id and inv.price_by_dim2 = 0 and
inv.price_by_dim3 = 0
and inv.price_by_dim4 = 0 and inv.price_by_dim5 = 0 AND inv.vend_id IN ( 3 )

Go into Powerbuilder Database painter and paste into ISQL Session 1 and
paste in the After Mod and remove the tildes
SELECT DISTINCT "inv_dtl"."inv_id", "inv_dtl"."orig_cost",
"inv_dtl"."last_cost",
"inv_dtl"."regular_cost", "inv_dtl"."orig_price", "inv_dtl"."current_price",
"inv_dtl"."sugg_price", "inv"."vend_id", "inv"."style",
"inv"."price_by_dim2",
"inv"."price_by_dim3", "inv"."price_by_dim4", "inv"."price_by_dim5",
"inv"."ticket_desc", Null new_last_cost, Null new_regular_cost, Null
new_current_price,
Null new_sugg_price, "inv_dtl"."loc_price_group_id" FROM "inv_dtl", "inv"
WHERE inv_dtl.inv_id = inv.inv_id and inv.price_by_dim2 = 0 and
inv.price_by_dim3 = 0
and inv.price_by_dim4 = 0 and inv.price_by_dim5 = 0 AND inv.vend_id IN ( 3 )
The AND inv.vend_id IN ( 3 ) works we get the correct number of rows.

0
Jim
4/13/2000 6:19:42 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 14 followers. Follow

The string looks fine to me but I am the type that is reluctant to use ~"
in SQL when I can get away without it.
If you are certain that you run into reserved words then try this
ls_mod_string= "DataWindow.Table.Select='"+'SELECT DISTINCT
"inv_dtl"."inv_id", ....IN(3)' +"'"

I hope this may help you avoid some possible errors with using ~.  In some
situation you may have to use more than one tilde especially if you somehow
end up PBselect in your datwindow and things get rather messy.
"Jim Oss" <jimo@jdssc.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> paste in the After Mod and remove the tildes
> SELECT DISTINCT "inv_dtl"."inv_id", "inv_dtl"."orig_cost",
> "inv_dtl"."last_cost",
> "inv_dtl"."regular_cost", "inv_dtl"."orig_price",
"inv_dtl"."current_price",
> "inv_dtl"."sugg_price", "inv"."vend_id", "inv"."style",
> "inv"."price_by_dim2",
> "inv"."price_by_dim3", "inv"."price_by_dim4", "inv"."price_by_dim5",
> "inv"."ticket_desc", Null new_last_cost, Null new_regular_cost, Null
> new_current_price,
> Null new_sugg_price, "inv_dtl"."loc_price_group_id" FROM "inv_dtl", "inv"
> WHERE inv_dtl.inv_id = inv.inv_id and inv.price_by_dim2 = 0 and
> inv.price_by_dim3 = 0
> and inv.price_by_dim4 = 0 and inv.price_by_dim5 = 0 AND inv.vend_id IN
( 3 )
> The AND inv.vend_id IN ( 3 ) works we get the correct number of rows.

Powerbuilder terminate when open the library painter in PowerBuilder 9
From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default But it does not work for me. I have tried to re-install PowerBuilder but same result. When PB terminate, it display the following: AppName: pb90.exe App Ver: 9.0.0.5507 ModName:msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 000360cb Does anyone has the solution? Thanks. L K wrote: > From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in > registry: > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default > >...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

Powerbuilder running independent of database provider.
We currently use powerbuilder 6 to develop our front end application. The database we connect to is a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database. We now have new clients that want to use Oracle 8.0. How can powerbuilder work for both providers? Things to validate for dbms-independent processing: 1) All datawindow syntax can be viewed in graphics mode. DW syntax does not include any DBMS-specific functions in any computed column. 1a) If you require any DBMS-specific functionality in your datawindows, create multiple versions--one for each DBMS to be supported. Assign the dataobject acc...

Powerbuilder running independent of database provider
We currently use powerbuilder 6 to develop our front end application. The database we connect to is a Microsoft SQL Server 2000 database. We now have new clients that want to use Oracle 8.0. How can powerbuilder work for both providers? If you leave your datawindows in graphic syntax mode, they will look at the database vendor information at runtime and format the SQL accordingly. Try to make sure you do all your database interaction via such datawindows whenever possible. You'll also need to make sure that you don't do things like call server specific functions in compu...

Does PowerBuilder run in interpretive mode in the IDE?
Does PowerBuilder run in interpretive mode in the IDE? Or does it have to be compiled before it can be tested? The reason for the question is there we are having database connection errors while testing. But the deployed application in the same environment is not having any issues. Please let me know. Thanks. Ed; PB always runs compiled. When you save any object it is compiled and saved in the PB Library. So PBL's contain both source and p-code. Can you describe the connection error? Do you trap the return code and message from the DBMS if the "Connect&qu...

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

Powerbuilder
I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe. How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can anyone pl guide me. thanks. Shaikh moin If you are using ASA 6 then look in the Help... ASA User's Guide PART 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use CHAPTER 27. Deploying Databases and Applications Using a silent installation for deployment If you are using SQL Anywhere 5 try looking here... SQL Anywhere User's Guide ...

Web resources about - Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode. - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles