Select in child datawindow

--------------0A203C65A855245F309D924D

I have a child datawindow nested in the datawindow . How can i change the
SQL select statement at runtime in the child datawindow i tried dw.modify()
function but it is giving sql error 201.

--------------0A203C65A855245F309D924D

begin:vcard
n:Singh;Surinder
tel;fax:91-80-6681057
tel;home:91-80-5721577 (PP)
tel;work:91-80-6685672/4-(422/407)
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:BFL Software Ltd;ESBU/BAZIC
version:2.1
email;internet:surindersingh@bflsoftware.com
title:ASE
adr;quoted-printable:;;1/1A,18th Cross,7th Main,=0D=0ABTM 2nd Stage;Bangalore;Karnatka;560076;India
fn:Surinder Singh
end:vcard

--------------0A203C65A855245F309D924D--

0
surinder

Use the GetChild() function to get a pointer to the embedded datawindow
and then do the Modify on it...

-Charles

surinder Singh wrote:

> I have a child datawindow nested in the datawindow . How can i change
> the SQL select statement at runtime in the child datawindow i tried
> dw.modify() function but it is giving sql error 201.

0
Charles
--------------BD978C36EC30D8381AAE1D26

&nbsp;I have a child datawindow nested in the datawindow . How can i change
to get the old select statement after changing i am using dw_.modify()
funtion.
embedded datawindow

--------------BD978C36EC30D8381AAE1D26

begin:vcard
n:Singh;Surinder
tel;fax:91-80-6681057
tel;home:91-80-5721577 (PP)
tel;work:91-80-6685672/4-(422/407)
x-mozilla-html:TRUE
org:BFL Software Ltd;ESBU/BAZIC
version:2.1
email;internet:surindersingh@bflsoftware.com
title:ASE
adr;quoted-printable:;;1/1A,18th Cross,7th Main,=0D=0ABTM 2nd Stage;Bangalore;Karnatka;560076;India
fn:Surinder Singh
end:vcard

--------------BD978C36EC30D8381AAE1D26--

0
surinder
3/29/2000 3:57:14 AM
DataWindowChild    ldw_child
dw_1.GetChild ( "name",  ldw_child)
ldw_child.Modify ()

If you get any errors modifying the SQl then you must have a bad modify
clause.

-Charles

surinder Singh wrote:

>  I have a child datawindow nested in the datawindow . How can i change
>
>  the SQL select statement at runtime in the child datawindow
> i have used getchild() to get the datawindow name and after describe()
> to get the old select statement after changing i am using dw_.modify()
> funtion.
> but it is giving sql error 201.
>

> Charles Ginzel wrote:
>
>> Use the GetChild() function to get a pointer to the embedded
>> datawindow
>> and then do the Modify on it...
>>
>> -Charles
>>
>> surinder Singh wrote:
>>
>> > I have a child datawindow nested in the datawindow . How can i
>> change
>> > the SQL select statement at runtime in the child datawindow i
>> tried
>> > dw.modify() function but it is giving sql error 201.

0
Charles

I will print two datawindow in one page,and I use child datawindow.One master datawindow (dw_master)with two child datawindow(dc1 and dc2)
dw_master("dw_dc1",dc1) dw_master("dw_dc2",dc2) dc1 has a argument (arg1) dc2 has a argument (arg2) Arg1 and Arg2 are send by one column of dw_master. When I use retrieve() function,the datawindow can display normal,but when I print preview or use Zoom or printsetup() ,the childdatawindow dc2 can't display but dc1 normal! Why?? Thanks for your help! I'm having trouble understanding your question. Is this a composite or nested datawindow? On Mon, 6 May 2002 22:49:23 +0800, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow spark <fenfei79@hot...

Datawindows with child datawindows

Multiple Selections in Child DataWindow DDDW
Dear All, I would like to know, is there any possibility to select more than one record in DropDownDataWindowss attached to a column in a DataWindow Thanks in advance 1. Use: GetChild method of DataWindow control to get DropDown DW as a DatawindowChild object 2. Work with DatawindowChild object to set the selection "Sybase" <kr_vasudev@hotmail.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag news:40e4fe47$1@forums-2-dub... > Dear All, > > I would like to know, is there any possibility to select more than one > record in DropDownDataWindowss attached ...

child,chid of child ,child of child of child
    ............child  |parent|.............a1     |a     | .............a2     |a     |.............a11   |a1    |.............b1     |b     |.............b11   |b1    |.............b111 |b1    |............. Here is my table I want to get all childs of "a" ie {a1,a11,a2}I mean recursivelyie child,chid of child ,child of child of child ........etc up to any extentet the table containHow can...

Child datawindows (Nested DataWindows)
Hello all...I was wondering... I have used Child Datawindows for quite some time under PB9.03. These are invaluable when a user is in the Parent DataWindow and must choose a value from a list of choices provided by the Child DataWindow. The kind of Child DataWindow I am talking about is a DropDownDataWindow (DDDW). This is the only kind I have ever used. I was simply wondering whether there are more kinds of Child DataWindows other than the DDDW? Any info would be greatly appreciated.:) The next most popular use is of child DWs within Composite Presentation Style parents. Nested ...

Get selected row in child drop-down datawindow
Hi- I am trying to get the row the user clicks on in a drop-down datawindow and just can't seem to get the code right. Any help is appreciated. Thanks, Jay Schlenker Micro Medical Systems When the user selects a row in the dddw, the itemchanged of the parent should be fired. There, you can get the child dw (via GetChild()) and then get ldwc.GetRow (). HTH, steve [TeamPS] Jay Schlenker wrote: > > Hi- > > I am trying to get the row the user clicks on in a drop-down datawindow > and just can't seem to get the code right. Any help is appr...

Menu Parent should select when child is selected.
I am using asp Menu control binding to sitemap. I am using horizantal orientation.and my sublevel display dynamic. When I am selecting sublevel my Mainlevel also should be in selected mode. here the sample.  Product1 | Product 2 | Product3| Product 4                 Poduct A                 Poduct B   When I select Prouct A or B. I should display Product 2 has slected.            Thanks,Venk...

selected row in the datawindow to displayed in the other datawindow
hi iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to other datawindow. thnaks deva see IsSelected functions and transfer those rows to the other DW Regards Vasu "Vasu D" <vasu@i-vantage.com> wrote in message news:sDZOLqlpCHA.187@forums.sybase.com... > hi > iam unable to display the data which is selected data in one datawindow to > other datawindow. > thnaks > deva > > > Hello Vasu D, Are u using shared dw's? In this case you'll only have to use the function dw_secundary.scrolltor...

Getting Datawindow name from datawindow child variable
Hi ! I want to get the datawindow (name) from a datawindowchild variable. But, the dwc has no way to get it. I want the code like this : datawindowchild dwc dw_1.getchild("colname", dwc) dw_2.dataobject = dwc.dataobject -------------- -> X In the above code, "dw_1.object.colname.dddw.name" is what I want. But, from the "dwc", I can't know that. Please, help! thx. You're correct. There is no way to get the datawindow name from the datawindow child, you have to ask the paren...

Set menuitem.selected if child menuitem is selected.
I have a Menu Control linked to a web.sitemap file.  I have "switched off" dynamic display and set the static level display to 2, i.e. Home and first level nodes. When the Root or 1st Level pages are displayed "Home", "Contact", "Packages" or "Links" the appropriate menuitem is "selected".  However when the "Select Item" or "Order Form" pages are displayed, I want the 1st Level "Packages" menu item to be selected as the 2nd level menuitems are not displayed. My sitemap is...

Export datawindow select statement form all datawindows
I have a large application with a lot of DWs. DB is SQL Server 2000. Some DW use " (double quotes) in the select statement (not '), and now, with PB105 and oledb, this statements fails (MS native driver works) I know that " isn't a valid character for delimiting strings in SQL, but this large application was written by many people :) How can I find all " in all select statements in all DW within my application to do a replace. Thanks, Alex B. Hi Alex, I'm not sure wether some tool like PBL Peeper is capable...

Any way to get the parent of a child datawindow in a composite datawindow?
Using PB 8.0.3 9704 on Win2K. I have a DataWindowChild that came from a GetChild() call for a composite datawindow. At runtime, I don't "know" what composite datawindow is the parent of the child datawindow. Any ideas on how to get this information? I tried DataWindowChild.GetParent(). Compiles fine and "Help" says this should work, but all I get is a null object reference. Thanks in advance... Is this a problem with a poorly designed function signature? Succesfull GetChild call could ONLY have been done with having a reference to the datawindow...

GetObjectAtPointer() returns wrong child datawindow in composite datawindow
PB 7.0.3 Build 10077 I have a composite datawindow that contains a number of child datawindows. When I click in the composite dw I want the name of the child datawindow to be returned. It doesn't seem that the GetObjectAtPointer() function corresponds with the position being clicked in the composite dw. The problem is that the child datawindows will be of varying heights depending on number of rows in each datawindow. How can I make sure that when I click in the composite datawindow, the correct name of the child datawindow is being returned. Here is an excerpt of the code t...

Problem with a Drop Down DataWindow (child) on a grid type DataWindow.
PB 7.02 Build 8046 on Windows NT 4.0 I have a problem with a Drop Down DataWindow (child) on a grid type DataWindow. One of the columns in my DataWindow is presenting a selection, limited (filtered) according to what the user has selected in a previous column (on the same DataWindow). The Drop Down DataWindow is not displaying the raw data (an abbreviated code), but an English text translation of the data needed. Here is my problem: When the DataWindow is activated, all data are correctly displayed (no filtering yet). When the user clicks on one of the rows and on the column, w...

Web resources about - Select in child datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo