screen capture

we have about 100 pb users using our inhouse application.
we would like to do a screen capture and store it on a network drive
somewhere.

does anybody know an api or module that does this or even how to do it
code wise?

thanks

jjj

0
Jon
11/30/2010 5:16:46 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 16 followers. Follow

Hi Jon;

   How about the built-in PB command PrintScreen ( ) - would that suffice
your needs?

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Jon Jaroska"  wrote in message

we have about 100 pb users using our inhouse application.
we would like to do a screen capture and store it on a network drive
somewhere.

does anybody know an api or module that does this or even how to do it
code wise?

thanks

jjj

0
Chris
11/30/2010 6:00:02 PM
Here is the code you need:
http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_bitmap.html

It captures a screen, window or control into a blob and then can write
it to a .bmp file.

On 11/30/2010 12:16 PM, Jon Jaroska wrote:
> we have about 100 pb users using our inhouse application.
> we would like to do a screen capture and store it on a network drive
> somewhere.
>
> does anybody know an api or module that does this or even how to do it
> code wise?
>
> thanks
>
> jjj

0
Roland
11/30/2010 6:07:01 PM
just what the doctor ordered!  thanks!

In article <4cf53d45$1@forums-1-dub>, "Roland Smith [TeamSybase]"
says...

> Here is the code you need:
> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_bitmap.html
>
> It captures a screen, window or control into a blob and then can write
> it to a .bmp file.
>
> On 11/30/2010 12:16 PM, Jon Jaroska wrote:
> > we have about 100 pb users using our inhouse application.
> > we would like to do a screen capture and store it on a network drive
> > somewhere.
> >
> > does anybody know an api or module that does this or even how to do it
> > code wise?
> >
> > thanks
> >
> > jjj

0
Jon

Screen Capture
Hi, how should one implement "Print Screen" functionality within PB without using any OCX's? What I'm looking for is to get a print of the active window e.g. to clipboard. Then copying that to e.g Word using OLE is ok and that I can do. The problem is getting the picture of the active window to the clipboard. Or is there a better solution? TIA, Kari You can simulate pressing the print screen key. See http://www.sybase.com/detail?id=47760 "Kari Paukku" <paukku@falx.com> wrote in message news:42fbb4bb$1@forums-1-dub... > Hi, &g...

capture the screen using print screen key
hi all,I am new to this ASP.NET web application. I want to capture the screen using the printscreen key and save it.How can i do this using ASP.NET programming?Thanks in advance....  You can do it with an activeX control- not with ASP.NET. Have a look at this article for more info. However, you should be aware that activeX controls will only run in IE, and are generally considered a security risk, which really makes them only suitable for intranet applications.My Blog   Hi,    Kindly Checkou this article    http://www.c-sharpcorner.com/UploadFile/perryle...

Capture Screen
Hi. How can I capture some rect a desktop? > {quote:title=Brunnen Gi wrote:}{quote} > Hi. > How can I capture some rect a desktop? need a little more info. usually print screen will capture the whole desktop..and from there you can crop it in paint.. ? Google is your friend ... http://stackoverflow.com/questions/10303256/how-to-take-a-screenshot-with-firemonkey-multi-platforms ...

Screen Capture
This is definately an off the wall question but what the heck here goes. How can you capture an image displayed on your screen and then save it to a file? I've wanted to do that several times when explaining system settings or software settings in newgroups. I'd also like to display settings pics on my web site too. Any help would be very much appreciated... --------Todd if this shouldn't be here let me know and I'll post it elsewhere Todd OBert wrote: > This is definately an off the wall question but what the he...

Screen Capture
Hi, does anyone know if it is possible to do a Screen Capture and save it to a jpg or similar? Thanks, Wesley > {quote:title=Wesley Harrison wrote:}{quote} > Hi, > > does anyone know if it is possible to do a Screen Capture and save it to a jpg or similar? > > Thanks, > Wesley Hi Wesley, If you're referring to taking a screenshot in code, the following works for us. It saves the screen to a TImage but can be modified if you simply want the TBitmap object instead... {code} procedure TfrmBaseMobile.MakeScreenshot(AImage: TImage); var ABmp: ...

screen capture.
hi, i am trying to email a person via web form, however, I am having a slight issue figuring out the capture code, because of a handicap. does anyone know of an add on that can help me solve a visual capture code? On 2/21/2014 8:20 PM, bryan roache wrote: > hi, i am trying to email a person via web form, however, I am having a > slight issue figuring out the capture code, because of a handicap. does > anyone know of an add on that can help me solve a visual capture code? (I assume you mean web forum and a screen capture) Irfanview the free image manipulation program h...

capture screen

Screen capture
Hi, What is the easiest way to make a wxPerl application take a screen capture of its window? -- Johan > What is the easiest way to make a wxPerl application take a screen > capture of its window? Hi Johan, Can't you use wxScreenDC? I've never used it myself. However, Wx is a GUI programming language and normally a screen grab wouldn't show itself. It's more of a background operation, so using straight Perl might be a better option. Here are a couple of items from Perl Monks: http://www.perlmonks.org/index.pl?node_id=355073 http://www.perlmo...

Screen Capture the Ctrl-Alt-Del Screen for HOW-TO Handouts for users?
Greetings. Like everyone here, we make handouts on How-To's for our users. Pictures help, and I have used for years the Print Screen Key that captures a page, and then put it in word, crop it, add text, and distribute. I wanted to show people how to change their password, by Ctrl-Alt-Del, and use the screens in it. However, the key combo locks out the ability to screen capture. I have tried all the combinations of WindowsXP screen capture, and also have used several screen capture programs. Nothing Even a movie capture, and it ignores it, and stays on the windows background! An...

What generals generally do

Capturing the Captures.
--------------enig8FD89A3647DBE88C32C59B85 Content-Type: text/plain; charset=Big5 Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable As promised yesterday, today gaal and I entered a gobby Q/A session, producing the first document under the Perl6::FAQ tree, on the newly coined Capture objects (previously known as Arguments) objects: http://svn.openfoundry.org/pugs/docs/Perl6/FAQ/Capture.pod A HTMLized version is also available online: http://pugs.blogs.com/pugs/2006/04/perl6faqcapture.html With gaal's clearly-worded, carefully probing questions, I found myself discover...

capture screen
Name: TKC Email: tkc7211968atyahoodotcomdottw Product: Shiretoko Summary: capture screen Comments: should have capture screen and webpages function. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.1b3) Gecko/20090305 Firefox/3.1b3 From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers: Hendrix gives no expectation of a response to this feedback but if you wish to provide one you must BCC (not CC) the sender for them to see it. ...

Web resources about - screen capture - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Capture - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

SWEET 16: Dayton Captures Facebook Buzz
The field of 68 teams in the 2014 NCAA Division I Men’s Basketball Championship tournament has been whittled down to 16, and the regional semifinals ...

How can Facebook advertisers capture a millennial’s attention?
Getting the attention of a millennial on Facebook is difficult — especially when big companies, social media outlets, and TV networks are not ...

Capture 365 Journal on the App Store on iTunes
Get Capture 365 Journal on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Kangaroo photos capture pair with dead companion
Scene plays out as male cradles his dead mate and joey looks on. A Queensland photographer has captured a heartbreaking scene of mourning in ...

Queensland scientist captures breathtaking images of Antarctica expedition
A Queensland scientist has shared photos from his expedition in the Antarctic, capturing some of the animals that call one of the most dangerous ...

This tiny Bluetooth speaker can also capture selfies
If you have the desire to have a very small portable Bluetooth speaker with a special hidden feature, then this is the one for you. The Mengo ...

"Iran humiliated the United States with the capture of our 10 sailors. Horrible pictures & images. We ...
You don't need to have the speaker identified. The style is unmistakable.

EXCLUSIVE: Security Camera Footage of Cologne Gropers Appears to Capture Well-Known Figure in the Mix ...
Another @BiffSpackle world exclusive: is that who I think it is? EXCLUSIVE: Well-Known Figure Captured in Security Camera Footage of Cologne ...