Running PB8 application from a scheduler application

I am trying to migrate a PB6.5 app to PB8.0. The migrated app runs fine from
the command line or when invoked from explorer.

We use a scheduling application called "SmartBatch". When the migrated app
is started from within this scheduler app, the application does not even
start. There is no error message whatsoever.
The run time dll's for PB8 are all there. But the PB6.5 version of the same
application runs just fine from the scheduler.

Does anybody have anything to say about this?

The server runs both PB6.5 apps and PB8 apps. I also verified that
co_existence of the pb65 and pb8 dll's is not causing the problem.

Thanks,
Bharathi

0
bharathi

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

Application to Application
Hi,  Curious on what different solutions there are for one application that is closing down to contact another application. I have the closing down applicaton sending something to the database and for the other application to monitor the database records, but I think that is a horrible solution. Another idea would be when the closing down application sends a message to the database for the database to then respond by sending a message to the other application, but that means the database would have to know where the other application is.  If possible, the security issue mak...

PB8
Hello, Sorry my english isn't very good, but I hope you can understand my question and somebody is able to help me. I know work with PB8 (befor PB6). In PB6 I could run or debug the application witout opening the application object. But now in PB8 every time I try to start the application (without opening the application object) there comes a system error and PB8 and the application crash. Is it not possible to run an application in PB8 when the application object ist closed? Or does somebody has a solution for this case. I would be happy if somebody could help me, beca...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Application as Service is an advanced system utility which lets you run any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 Service at system boot. Specify application priority, run your program without the need
Application as Service is an advanced system utility which lets you run any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 Service. You can easily configure Application as Service using its intuitive GUI interface or command line configurator directly from your software. Application as Service features very low CPU usage, custom environment variables, monitoring and detailed logging as well as many other features. You can use Application as Service software to: Launch any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 service at system boot, before user logon; Automatically start applications before and after ser...

Running an MVC Application as a Sub-Application?
 I'm attempting to create an MVC application as a sub-application to my standard Asp.Net Web application. Both of these projects are inside the same solution. While the parent application appears to be going fine, I'm having trouble getting the sub-application to work. After some massaging of my two web.configs, I was able to get the Asp.Net runtime to accept the configurations, but I have been unable to browse to any of the pages/controllers in the MVC application, including the root of the sub-application ("http://RootSite/SubApplicationName/"). I continually get 404...

Run PB application from any another application
is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder application from any other application ? any input is greatly appreciated. If the other application has the ability to start applications. To pass a value, you can add command line arguments to your run script, look at commandparm() function in PB for getting those values. You can also use the windows SendMessage API call to trigger events on windows/application. <Julie> wrote in message news:4048e90b.6e7e.846930886@sybase.com... > is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder > applicatio...

PowerBuilder application run once
Hi everybody! I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once.. Thanks eSistemex Sistemas y Consultores de M=E9xico S.C. www.esistemex.com What�s your environment ? PB and DB version, error message, etc... <Lucio_Sanchez> escreveu na mensagem news:B06B33753CA971DA0058B9BB85256ABC.0058B9CB85256ABC@webforums... Hi everybody! I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once.. Thanks eSistemex Sistemas y Consultores de M�xico S.C. www.esistemex.com This shouls help. http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0064.html /ck <Lucio_Sanchez&...

running application in pb8
hi all did anyone encourted this problem....!!! we migrate our applications from pb 7 build 9028 to pb 8 if we run the application, without openning the appliaction object and make it the active window, it always give an illegal operation on pbvm80.dll so when we must run the application we must always reopen the application object.(even if it's already openned , we must closed and reopened it again, each time we run the application). N.B: all our migrated application give this error. if we create a new application object in pb 8 and past all our script in it , it still give...

Run VCL Application as Service or as Application with Forms
Hi, I have an existing VCL application based, comprising of serveral forms, timers and worker threads. Now I've been asked to make it possible to have the program be started/executed as a service as well (e.g. before the first user logs on, without the ability to show any forms of course). The application is based on VCL, having TFoms, TThreads and TTimers. I have also once written a system service based on the TService base class, which worked OK. Unfortunately as it's not possible to have the main form derive form TForm and TService at the same time I have no idea what it wo...

Opening a window from a running application on another application
Hi! An answer would be appreciated... * Is there another way to open the windows that belongs to different application (executables/DLLs) other than executing a DDE call from a calling executable (by having the launch pad executable serve as the "client" and the executable of the different applications being the "server" to establish the DDE communication so that windows that is contained within the executable's DLLs would be opened) ? * Someone suggested of having an OLE... How does it work if lets say I'm gonna opening a window from a running application on a...

can we run another application from a PB application
Can anybody tell me if its possible to run a second PB application from an already running PB application? If yes, then is there any way to terminate the first application and continue with the second? Thanks, Menka Gupta Corsair Communications, Inc. Run("secondapp.exe") Halt Close S Rivankar Menka Gupta wrote in message <3846D57A.FE3778BB@corsair.com>... >Can anybody tell me if its possible to run a second PB application from >an already running PB application? > >If yes, then is there any way to terminate the first application and >con...

Deploying powerbuilder application as .NET web application
Hi when I deploy Client/Server PowerBuilder application as .NET Web application I get below output. Not even getting any bug messages. Checking IIS Server... Generating .NET assembly file... Deploy failed. Have deployed provided Tutorial application as Web application. It has successfully created and deployed. Any information is appreciated. If this question has to do with PB 11 WebForm deploys, you want to post it in the sybase.public.powerbuilder.net.webform section. This section is for DataWindow.Net, a different product. On 29 Jul 2008 05:32:55 -0700, Raju Gol...

How does a web application run a local windows application ?
Hello, I have a requriement that a web app. could run a local windows application. For example, when you click a menuitem in a web app. it will fire a local application like notepad or caculator.Which class should I use?thanks, Isn't this a security problem? Most browsers won't let you do it, anyway. Even IE7 won't let you do this. You might be able to do it useing activex controls, but then again why. If you need the user to run an apllication, just tell them. http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/default.asp?url=/library/en-us/cpref/html/frlrfSystemDiagnosticsProcessClassTopic.asp.&nb...

Web resources about - Running PB8 application from a scheduler application - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Application developers struggle to adapt to changing licensing models
Application producers are aware of rapid change impacting their ability to make money from their software products, but they're not adopting ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 30% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Slightly Decrease in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications decreased 0.2 percent from one week ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

LED market saturation to drive industry to seek profits in new applications in 2016, says LEDinside
According to LEDinside, LED makers had an especially tough year in 2015. "Despite rising LED lighting market demand and the large scale replacement ...