running another application from a PB 5 app

I have a PB 5 application that uses the run() function to run another PB 5
application.  The first application contains a loop that has the run()
function.  My question is: After the second application runs and finishes,
is the control passed back to the first application?

thanks for any help.
Chloe
0
Chloe

Chloe;
    No separate Address Space, so the other PB application is on it's own!
The PB App. doing the Run ( ) is not waiting for the other to complete, only
to start (so you can check the RC)

regards ... Chris
<Chloe> wrote in message
> I have a PB 5 application that uses the run() function to run another PB 5
> application.  The first application contains a loop that has the run()
> function.  My question is: After the second application runs and finishes,
> is the control passed back to the first application?
>
> thanks for any help.
> Chloe

0
Chris
10/17/2002 3:14:25 PM
No. Control is passed back to the first application immediately after
the second app is launched. The OS will multitask the two apps.

Good luck,

On Thu, 17 Oct 2002 10:46:53 -0400, Chloe wrote:

>I have a PB 5 application that uses the run() function to run another PB 5
>application.  The first application contains a loop that has the run()
>function.  My question is: After the second application runs and finishes,
>is the control passed back to the first application?
>
>thanks for any help.
>Chloe

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

Web resources about - running another application from a PB 5 app - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Would you give up chocolate for better application performance?
Application performance is critical to business performance according to 98 percent of businesses, yet 89 percent of executives say the poor ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 29% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 1.2 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications down 0.2%

Digitimes Research: China touch panel makers increasing investments in niche products and large-size ...
The China International Touchscreen Exhibition (C-Touch) was recently held in Shenzhen, China, featuring a number of local and international ...