Run PB application from any another application

is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder
application from any other application ?
any input is greatly appreciated.
0
Julie

If the other application has the ability to start applications.  To pass a
value, you can add command line arguments to your run script, look at
commandparm() function in PB for getting those values.  You can also use the
windows SendMessage API call to trigger events on windows/application.

<Julie> wrote in message news:4048e90b.6e7e.846930886@sybase.com...
> is it possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder
> application from any other application ?
> any input is greatly appreciated.

0
DT
3/5/2004 9:12:22 PM
Thanks DT.
> If the other application has the ability to start
> applications.  To pass a value, you can add command line
> arguments to your run script, look at commandparm()
> function in PB for getting those values.  You can also use
> the windows SendMessage API call to trigger events on
> windows/application.
>

> <Julie> wrote in message
> > news:4048e90b.6e7e.846930886@sybase.com... is it
> > possible to execute and pass a value to a Powerbuilder
> > application from any other application ? any input is
> greatly appreciated.

0
Julie

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

can we run another application from a PB application
Can anybody tell me if its possible to run a second PB application from an already running PB application? If yes, then is there any way to terminate the first application and continue with the second? Thanks, Menka Gupta Corsair Communications, Inc. Run("secondapp.exe") Halt Close S Rivankar Menka Gupta wrote in message <3846D57A.FE3778BB@corsair.com>... >Can anybody tell me if its possible to run a second PB application from >an already running PB application? > >If yes, then is there any way to terminate the first application and >con...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

Opening a window from a running application on another application
Hi! An answer would be appreciated... * Is there another way to open the windows that belongs to different application (executables/DLLs) other than executing a DDE call from a calling executable (by having the launch pad executable serve as the "client" and the executable of the different applications being the "server" to establish the DDE communication so that windows that is contained within the executable's DLLs would be opened) ? * Someone suggested of having an OLE... How does it work if lets say I'm gonna opening a window from a running application on a...

PB Application to PB Application communication
I need to have 2 powerbuilder application be able to communicate with one another. A string is all I need to pass between the two applications. I tried creating a com object that I could connect to from both applications. This com object would basically store the information I want to pass between the two applications in an instance variable. One application would populate that instance variable, then notify the other application(through the send command) to go read the information in the com object. I created the com object fine and can call a function on the com object ...

How Can I handle a PB Application from another Windows Application
Hy Guys, I have a big problem, I don't know how handle an Application created by PB from another application. I. E.How can I launch the an event or a global function or get some properties value? Thanks. Stefano Giostra. You can trigger user events mapped to pbm_custom01-pbm_custom75 by using the SendMessage Win32 API using message IDs between 1024 and 1098, respectively. You will need to use the FindWindow API to get the handle of the main window of the application you want to "talk" to. -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Develop...

How can I run another application from PB ?
How can I run another application from PB script and continue its execution after finish this application (NOT immediately after start) ? Thanks, Radko Najman Look at the CreateProcess() Win32 API -- it allows for this type of functionality. There are a number of posts titled "Run Command" in this forums that mention that. Roy On Tue, 13 Oct 1998 15:46:44 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.powerscript Radko Najman <radko.najman@ksprogram.cz> wrote: >How can I run another application from PB script and continue its >execution after finish this ...

Application to Application
Hi,  Curious on what different solutions there are for one application that is closing down to contact another application. I have the closing down applicaton sending something to the database and for the other application to monitor the database records, but I think that is a horrible solution. Another idea would be when the closing down application sends a message to the database for the database to then respond by sending a message to the other application, but that means the database would have to know where the other application is.  If possible, the security issue mak...

Running PB while PowerGen is rebuilding another application
Hi, I have to make several FullRebuilds on many differents applications in a week. Of course, while that process take place, it �freezes� PB so I can't use it to work on another application. I wonder if, on the same PC, PowerGen can be rebuilding one application while I'am working with PB on another application? Note that the two applications are using a complete set of different libraries. So nothing is shared. I'am asking that question because I read on the news something about the fact that only one application should use the ORCA functions on a PC at the same t...

how to run my created powerbuilder application on another machine
Hi, I just created my application, it uses a local obdc connection, which i can also create the same profile on the other machine, i just dont know how i can run that same application on the other machine, since it requires that on the shortcut to the application it start in sybase/shared/powerbuilder?? Is there any way i can get around this, just to demonstrate the application on the other machine. Open the help files and search for deployment. There is an installation guide in the online books that goes thru all the things you need to deploy including the PowerBuilder runtim...

running another application from a PB 5 app
I have a PB 5 application that uses the run() function to run another PB 5 application. The first application contains a loop that has the run() function. My question is: After the second application runs and finishes, is the control passed back to the first application? thanks for any help. Chloe Chloe; No separate Address Space, so the other PB application is on it's own! The PB App. doing the Run ( ) is not waiting for the other to complete, only to start (so you can check the RC) regards ... Chris <Chloe> wrote in message news:79E822D2B59882C50051324C852...

Frontend PB application for a mainframe General Ledger application using Platinum Infosession
Hi, I am trying to get a project to write a frontend PB GUI application for a mainframe General Ledger. I have succeeded to make an example for a login and CEMT list + update of CICS programs. The customer requires me to do an example based on a very small part of the General Ledger so that he can demonstrate to his colleagues this is viable and this will remove the necessity of training for the users to pass through natural and cumbersome mainframe screens to reach general ledger. They intend to have the whole of general ledger to get a GUI interface... My question is: Th...

pb application deployment of application
ver 10.5 is there an easy way of finding which pb runtime files i need to deploy with my application to create an installation for a customer First of all, check out the PB runtime packager, and documentation in HTML books under application techniques, chapter 40. You can also use tools like process explorer (www.sysinternals.com - now Microsoft) that lists the active DLL's used by an application. Including tools like Dependency Walker (www.dependencywalker.com). (That even integrates with Process Explorer.) Regards Andr� P� Wed, 21 Feb 2007 12:04:10 +0100, sk...

Application inside of another application
I am somewhat new to asp.net and Windows development. This is probably an easy one but is there any problem with setting a directory as an application (through IIS) when it is within another directory that is an application?  I have been having some permission issues and access denied errors when writing to files and I was wondering if this could be related.    An application inside another as such is not a problem, but what exactly are you trying to achieve by doing this?  I am not sure if you are taking the right approach to solving your problem, a bit more detailed d...

Web resources about - Run PB application from any another application - sybase.powerbuilder.general

ACT development application volume falls between 2015 and 2014
Development applications dropped in the ACT in 2015 compared with 2014, year-end government figures show.

Patent application shows Apple Watch band that transforms into a case, stand and Mac accessory
An Apple patent application published today reveals an idea for an interesting variation on the magnetically-closed Milanese Loop band that allows ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications sink after rush