Run application program using RUN

I need to run a batch program. However, the batch file is located in a
folder that contains spaces. So I included quotes around the complete path
but still the program fails to run.

Run('"c:\ghj gdsh jh\test.bat"') or Run("c:\ghj gdsh jh\test.bat") does not
work!

Is there another way or external API available to execute a batch file from
withing PB?

0
egattu

We use that all the time, and it works just fine:

string        ls_runStr
ls_runStr        =    '\\servername\share name\folder name\program name.exe'

Run( ls_runStr )

What's the error you're getting?

--
Paul Horan[TeamSybase]

"egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4131e640@forums-2-dub...
> I need to run a batch program. However, the batch file is located in a
> folder that contains spaces. So I included quotes around the complete path
> but still the program fails to run.
>
> Run('"c:\ghj gdsh jh\test.bat"') or Run("c:\ghj gdsh jh\test.bat") does not
> work!
>
> Is there another way or external API available to execute a batch file from
> withing PB?

0
Paul
8/29/2004 4:29:49 PM
Thanks for prompt reply.

MY BAD!!! I had problems with the batch file...It referred to a file in the
same directory (without complete path) and blowing up!!

"Paul Horan[TeamSybase]" <paulhATvcisolutionsDOTcom> wrote in message
> We use that all the time, and it works just fine:
>
> string        ls_runStr
> ls_runStr        =    '\\servername\share name\folder name\program
> name.exe'
>
> Run( ls_runStr )
>

> What's the error you're getting?
>
> --
> Paul Horan[TeamSybase]
>
> "egattu" <egattu@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:4131e640@forums-2-dub...
>> I need to run a batch program. However, the batch file is located in a
>> folder that contains spaces. So I included quotes around the complete
>> path
>> but still the program fails to run.
>>
>> Run('"c:\ghj gdsh jh\test.bat"') or Run("c:\ghj gdsh jh\test.bat") does
>> not
>> work!
>>
>> Is there another way or external API available to execute a batch file
>> from
>> withing PB?

0
egattu

Running Running Running
Name: John Harris Email: jkharrisatmindspringdotcom Product: Firefox Summary: Running Running Running Comments: Why, does Firefox, even when mimimized, still takes up to 20, 30, 40% (or more) of my CPU on my Windows XP Pro computer. It seems to just happily chew up cycles. How do I get it to do nothing while minimized. Especially a problem with virtual machines. Thanks, John Harris Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.0.3) Gecko/2008092417 Firefox/3.0.3 (.NET CLR 3.5.30729) From URL: http://hendrix.mozilla.org/ Note to readers...

SQLCA works when application runs in PB not when application is run with Powerbuilder WDK.
Hi, My applications with out SQLCA run great through Powerbuilder WDK, my applications that contain SQLCA information doesn't. When I run the application in PB I get a splash screen and then the application starts. When I run it through PB WDK the splash screen starts and the I get a login box. No matter what I do it always show's up and when I hit OK I get the following SQLSTATE = 08001 error. How can I stop this from occurring? The SQLCA code and ini file are below. code: startupfile = "pds.ini" /* Populate sqlca from current PB.INI settings */ sqlca.DBMS...

Application as Service is an advanced system utility which lets you run any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 Service at system boot. Specify application priority, run your program without the need
Application as Service is an advanced system utility which lets you run any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 Service. You can easily configure Application as Service using its intuitive GUI interface or command line configurator directly from your software. Application as Service features very low CPU usage, custom environment variables, monitoring and detailed logging as well as many other features. You can use Application as Service software to: Launch any application as Windows 2000/XP/2003 service at system boot, before user logon; Automatically start applications before and after ser...

SR6 is running, and running, and running...
I started it last night at about 1130pm, now its 905 am. It seems to be stuck at 95% on the first partition, with 12 minutes left, and 4 hours 21 minutes elapsed, which I know is bologna. The SMART information has all dissapeared, except for the EEC stuff. Dynastat is not running, but it shows data moving across at a normal speed. I'm not totally sure it's hung up, but it may be taking it's time because it won't move the files in the current area, due to them all being marked as system/hidden. I hope it moves on. Torrance "Torrance Bell" <st...

How to Run my .exe file or Application in the Background using .NET Application like explorer.exe file is Running always in the Background...(you can see in task Manager..)
Hi , This is Sundar , i want to develope one small Application in windows or web ,that should send the mail continiously according to at what time scheduled in the application and that should Running in the Background always like windows service,SQL server ........ so , please help me ......................  what;s the problem if you develop an windows service and install it in your system.  http://www.15seconds.com/issue/021007.htmGive a man a fish and you feed him for a day. Teach a man to fish and you feed him forever.  see, i have created the Windows services and wh...

Cannot run programs after running Dsrepair
After running Dsrepair no one can map to the server. I can drill down thru the NDS tree and see folders and files but can not launch programs from the server. When I try to copy a file from the server I get the error (Cannot copy LOGIN: Cannot read from the source file or disk.) When I launch Nwadmin it prompts me to login to each database (Netware and GroupWise). Everyone who was on the server before I ran Dsrepair is fine till they login again. I am running Netware5.1 SP6. Please HELP!! Thanks Bryan Sounds like DSREPAIR did not release DS properly. Try UNL...

run as a service, not run as an application
How to make a program (PowerPro) to run as a service than run as an application. Your kindest most honest response will be appreciated. ------ PIII / 1Ghz / 384mb ram / WinXP Pro Sp2 / AntiVir / Kerio 4.2.1 / Ad-aware / Spybot / a-squared / Spyware Doctor / Proxomitron / A4Proxy "John Abraham" <Nobodyknowsabcdef@unknown.com> wrote: > How to make a program (PowerPro) to run as a service than run as an > application. Use the MS utility srvany.exe, MS info here: How To Create a User-Defined Service http://support.microsoft.com/kb/q137890/ G...

Cannot run program after running Dsrepair
I had this same problem this week. Aftre running DSREPAIR's Unattended Full Repair on 7 of our 30 servers in our Tree, once a user logged out at any of the 7 different sites they did not get their drive mappings. A few that did get mappings got access denied errors when accessing their files. The users that stayed logged in were fine. After 2 hours, we started rebooting each server and that fixed the problem. I used to run DSREPAIR monthly and will need to in the future without having to reboot the servers each time. The recent changes to our netword are ZEN...

Forced run application always runs?
Okay, I've got an app setup to force run. I have not checked the "run always" box, nor is the "run once" box checked. It runs a simple application (the nipp-s.exe file for iPrint 4.05) But it runs every time you login? I thought that the force run looked at the GUID in the registry and if it was there, it wouldn't run again? If it's supposed to run always, then what's the purpose of the run always box (seems redundant) Further, I put a registry key requirement that IF it sees the DisplayName key and it does NOT equal: "Novell iP...

Running a *.bat file using RUN
I am calling a *.bat file using the RUN command from powerbuilder 6.5 The bat file ftp's some files from one server to another and deletes the files. RUN(ls_filename_ftp_bat, Minimized!) 1. Is there any to wait until the bat file has successfully run and then execute the next line after RUN. 2. Is it possible to close the dos command window after the bat file has finished executing. It put a exit in the bat file but it does not close the dos window. Any suggestions. Thanks in advance for all the help. For question 2 try: RUN("cmd /C " + ls_filename_ftp_bat...

PowerBuilder application run once
Hi everybody! I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once.. Thanks eSistemex Sistemas y Consultores de M=E9xico S.C. www.esistemex.com What�s your environment ? PB and DB version, error message, etc... <Lucio_Sanchez> escreveu na mensagem news:B06B33753CA971DA0058B9BB85256ABC.0058B9CB85256ABC@webforums... Hi everybody! I need to validate a powerbuilder exe is running once.. Thanks eSistemex Sistemas y Consultores de M�xico S.C. www.esistemex.com This shouls help. http://www.rgagnon.com/pbdetails/pb-0064.html /ck <Lucio_Sanchez&...

powerbuilder program in citrix environment
We have a program written in powerbuilder deployed using citrix. Users connect to our program through citrix log on. The program runs in citrix server and user sees the seamless screen. From this program we need to execute a client program such as excel, acrobat reader or Internet explorer . 1) Used run command in powerbuilder but excel or iexplore runs in server side and screen transmit to user. 2) Tried using ole and show the files but same thing. can anyone help with this? Thank you in advance If not "seamless" does it work? (ie - log into a Citrix deskto...

Login to server application using with local running application Credentials.
Hi, This is Ravichandra, I have a Requirement that i need login Directly to server application from local application which is installed in local system using with local application login details. I am calling the server application as follows. Response.Redirect(@"http://192.168.0.57/AE/Home.aspx?PortalUserName=" + drpUserName.SelectedItem.Text + "&PortalPwd=" + txtPassword.Text, true);I am passing the login values using URL query string. I am not able to get these querystring values in server application. I am getting Request.QueryString.Count is Zero. How...

Can I run an .MSI using Force Run?
I don't know if we are doing this correct. But because Naldesk is started up on user login, is there any other way to deploy an .MSI application to a workstation. I'm guessing it can't be done through Force Run?? We are running ZFD4, I would appreciate the help Cheers, Johan Either assign to a user or if WS-Based, select the "Force-Run as user" option. ZFD6.5 may allow the force-run of MSI based installs prior to user logon. dr_snapps@yahoo.com wrote: > I don't know if we are doing this correct. But because Naldesk is started > up on ...

Web resources about - Run application program using RUN - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Miller accused's bail application adjourned until Friday
One of the two men charged with causing the one-punch death of Brisbane teenager Cole Miller will stay behind bars until at least Friday.

Apple Stores planned for India as application is filed with regulators
... India Times , the company has recently taken a major step in accomplishing that goal. According to the report, Apple has just filed an application ...

Tech City UK received just 37 applications for a visa scheme that could allow 200 tech immigrants to ...
Tech City UK, a taxpayer-funded government organisation, has received just 37 applications since April 2015 for a dedicated technology visa that ...

MBA: Mortgage Applications Increased in Latest Weekly Survey, Purchase Applications up 19% YoY
From the MBA: Mortgage Applications Increase in Latest MBA Weekly Survey Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent from one week earlier, ...

Mortgage applications rebound
Mortgage applications increased 21.3 percent on a seasonally adjusted basis, for the week ending January 8th, versus previous week,

Toshiba expands ApP Lite processor family for wearable applications
Toshiba has announced the launch of TZ1201XBG, an application processor for wearable devices, as the latest addition to its ApP Lite family for ...