Rich Text Edit Controls

Hello,

We have just migrated our app from 6.5.1 to 7.0.2. I had problems with a
few particular objects when trying to open in the library painter and
when running from source. PB would crash with "Invalid page fault
pb70.exe@014f:10005357". The only way that I could solve the problem was
to comment out all code from the 6.5 version, remove a control(one at a
time) and migrate to 7.0 until I found which one was the culprit. Rich
Text Edit control is the one that is crashing . No matter what I try to
add it to, pb70 will blow up with that same error. Does anyone know if
there is a nother patch out there that addresses this issue??

TIA
Tylene

0
Tylene

There is a more recent build than 7.0.2 (C3/build 8046 is a
consolidated patch for 7.0.2), but I haven't heard that it addresses
any problem like this. In fact, I've never seen any problem like this.
If you've seen PBL Peeper, you know I'm pretty reliant on the rich
text control. For work reasons (my work has been split across PB5, 6 &
7 for the last year), I've been developing in PB5, migrating up to PB6
and PB7. I probably average about a migration a day (sadly enough, I
have that many bugs to fix urgently <g>). I've never had any problems
with RTEs in any public or private build of PB7, starting with PB
7.0.0 up to the current build.

If you add the control back in after migrating, do you still have the
problem? If you look at the export of the objects in question,
particularly the sections with the attributes of the RTE, do you see
anything "unusual"? (I guess if you don't read exports much, it *all*
probably looks unusual. <BG>)

Either way, I think everyone here would encourage you to move up to
build 8046 if you're not already there. People are much happier with
it, and it's a much better place to start your PB7 development. It's
available for download from MySybase (http://my.sybase.com).

Good luck,

On Wed, 11 Oct 2000 13:33:46 -0400, "Tylene J. Smith"
<smith_tylene@bah.com> wrote:

>We have just migrated our app from 6.5.1 to 7.0.2. I had problems with a
>few particular objects when trying to open in the library painter and
>when running from source. PB would crash with "Invalid page fault
>pb70.exe@014f:10005357". The only way that I could solve the problem was
>to comment out all code from the 6.5 version, remove a control(one at a
>time) and migrate to 7.0 until I found which one was the culprit. Rich
>Text Edit control is the one that is crashing . No matter what I try to
>add it to, pb70 will blow up with that same error. Does anyone know if
>there is a nother patch out there that addresses this issue??

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit,
winner of PowerTimes 1999 "Little Helper of the Year"
0
Terry
10/11/2000 6:01:04 PM
Dear Tylene,

This sounds like you might be running into an already fixed bug - CR
202402.  It had to do with the length of a string with printer properties.
It showed up when simply trying to place a Rich Text control.

You could also see it in the browser if you simply right clicked on a topic
and chose Document - it would gpf.

Upgrade to C3 - build 8046 and see if this fixes it for you.

Pat Steinhardt
Sybase Product Support

"Tylene J. Smith" wrote:

> Hello,
>
> We have just migrated our app from 6.5.1 to 7.0.2. I had problems with a
> few particular objects when trying to open in the library painter and
> when running from source. PB would crash with "Invalid page fault
> pb70.exe@014f:10005357". The only way that I could solve the problem was
> to comment out all code from the 6.5 version, remove a control(one at a
> time) and migrate to 7.0 until I found which one was the culprit. Rich
> Text Edit control is the one that is crashing . No matter what I try to
> add it to, pb70 will blow up with that same error. Does anyone know if
> there is a nother patch out there that addresses this issue??
>
> TIA
> Tylene

0
Pat

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Rich Text Edit Control
1. I am using RTF control in a window Can i get rtf data in the format like: {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1251\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1049\b\f0\fs24 RichText control is installed!!!\par } from this control.... I know i can use UPDATEBLOB and SELECTBLOB but that would be blob data. i want to get data like above because i have to display the contents of richtextedit control on a webpage as well. 2. Can I put RichText Edit control on a datawindow? 1) You can store and retrieve up to 32k without needing to use SELECTBLOB and UPDATEBLOB. You c...

Rich Text Edit Control
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to use a RTE on a window, together with a Datawindow control, get the data from a Long VarChar column on the Datawindow control, set them in the RTE, do some formating on the (BOLD, UNDERLINE, etc), get them from the RTE set them back in the column and save them to the database. Is this posible. TIA Stelios Stylianou Stelios - This is what the RTE Datawindow style is supposed to accomplish. From what I've heard it works FAIRLY well, but it has "issues". You have been warned. :) Olan "...

PowerBuilder Rich Text Control
Hello group, I have a problem.... I am trying to save the contents of a rich text control in an sqlserver table through jaguar. The problem is with a specific text column. Sql Server "sees" that column as text whereas in powerbuilder i see that column as char(32767). When the update statement executes then jaguar reports the following error: ******************************************************* **** EAS SERVER 4.2 (ERROR LOG) ********* ******************************************************* Sep 22 14:27:51 2003: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (10434) ...

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

Rich Text Edit Control
HI All: I have a RTF control which imports a RTF file and I want the RTF file to print with it's original margin settings. The RTF document has the following margin sizes: L = 1, R = 1, T 1.80 and B = .25 What happens when I print (rte_1.Print(blah...)) the RTF document is expanded to the edges of the paper. When I view the RTF in PREVIEW mode, the margins are set to: L = .25, R = 0, T = 0 and B = .20 I tried scripting the desired margin settings (RTE_1.LeftMargin = 1 etc.. )and printed with the same result. I do NOT want the users to use the RTE_1.Preview = true window to...

Rich Text Edit Control
Who's successfully using a - easy to use, cheap or free - rich text editor control in a VWD project?  What's the name of it?What's the name of the rich text edit control I'm typing into right now for this forum post?Thanks.Frank Free Text Box or FCKEditor.  The fact it's a VWD project isn't relevant.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.     I use FreeTextBox as well (though not in Studio, not that it matters much).&nbs...

Rich Text Edit Control Limit
Is there anyway to limit the number of characters in a Rich Text Edit control? I know there's a limit property on a multi line edit, but there doesn't appear to be anything on the rich text edit. What I'm trying to do is have a datawindow with multiple rows at the top of the screen and when a rowfocuschanged occurs to populate the rich text edit control with data from one of the fields. From there they can edit it and the editchanged user event copies it back to the datawindow so that it can be updated. Everything works great except that the field is only 4000 characte...

MAPI and rich text edit control.
I can email the contents of a multiline edit control (mle_message) by doing the following: mMsg.notetext = mle_message.text But how can I substitute a rich text edit control (rte_message) instead? // the following doesn't make sense !! mMsg.notetext = rte_message.text So, how do I store the contents of a rich text edit control to mMsg.notetext? Also, I know I could solve this by emailing a file attachment but I don't want to do that. Thanks, Andy ...

Problem of rich text edit control
Is it possible to prevent a user set the margin of rte control to a negative value? ...

Rich Text Edit Control #2
Hi, Is there a way to set the font (Arial, Times New Roman ...) and its size through one of the controls functions? Markus http://www.teamsybase.net/bruce.armstrong/downloads/rte_font.zip On 19 Aug 2004 06:19:13 -0700, "Markus Zurbuchen Consulting \(mzc.ch\)" <mz@mzc.ch> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there a way to set the font (Arial, Times New Roman ...) and its size >through one of the controls functions? > >Markus > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Vote fo...

Rich text edit control formatting
Hi, I have inserted a document into a rich text edit control .The problem is that I am losing all the formatting ie. font size etc. when I am inserting it using insertdocument() function of rte. Could anyone tell me how I can have the formatting in it. Thanks, Namita Hey, What version of RTF is the document you're inserting? PowerBuilder supports version 1.2 of the RTF standard. Any unsupported formatting is ignored. Davy "namita goel" <namitag@affinitygs.com> wrote in message news:iKbZniehCHA.248@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, > > I ha...

Web resources about - Rich Text Edit Controls - sybase.powerbuilder.general

WA bushfires: Firefighters work through the night to control several blazes
Firefighters in Western Australia are working through the night to control and contain several blazes.

MAZEL TOV, HILLARY: Clinton Wins Gun Control Award From Major Anti-Bill of Rights Group
... restrictions on the freedoms protected by the Constitution is not a sign of character, but a clear indication of blind adherence to a gun control ...

Democrats New Plan For Gun Control – A Secret Government Terrorist Watch List
They call it the "Denying Firearms and Explosives to Dangerous Terrorists Act of 2015"

The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess Wii U will likely support Wiimote and Nunchuk controls
Well this is interesting. Fans have been speculating as to the control schemes that will be supported in The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess ...

USB Volume Control
... computer speakers, they often have a volume knob you can mount somewhere on your desk so you aren’t dependent on the onboard volume control. ...

ICYMI: Even the AP couldn’t validate any of Hillary’s gun control nonsense
... – not 200 as she claimed . Asked to explain the discrepancy, Clinton’s campaign pointed to 2013 statistics from the Centers for Disease Control ...

5 Questions: Punjab’s rightful control over Chandigarh, says Prem Singh Chandumajra
Shiromani Akali Dal (Badal) MP Prem Singh Chandumajra on why he raised the issue of Punjab’s claim over Chandigarh in LS.

Over-The-Counter Birth Control Empowers Women And Pharmacists In Oregon And California
Over-the-counter birth control is coming to Oregon and California. There’s an enactment of new laws on the horizon that will allow pharmacists ...

In this Dark Fairy Tale, a Sheltered Young Girl Seizes Control of Her Future
“In a family headed by a tyrannical father, the younger daughter will regain her freedom on her birthday.” It’s a simple synopsis, but Blood ...