Rich Text Edit control: get total pages?

Hi, can anyone think of a way I can get the total number of pages contained
in a rich text edit control after having executed a DataSource() function?
I need to switch back and forth between letterhead and regular paper when
printing this 2-page document and the number of pages would help me write a
loop.

0
Rick

Since you are using DataSource function, to get the actual number of pages you
can use:
rte_1.PageCount ( ) * dw_1.Rowcount(), where dw_1 is the DW you have used in
the Datasource function.

Hope this helps.

John.

Rick Charnes wrote:

> Hi, can anyone think of a way I can get the total number of pages contained
> in a rich text edit control after having executed a DataSource() function?
> I need to switch back and forth between letterhead and regular paper when
> printing this 2-page document and the number of pages would help me write a
> loop.

0
John

How to get a text from rich text edit control ?
It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to variable whatever user types ? Thanks. string ls_text this.SelectTextAll() ls_text = this.SelectedText() On Thu, 24 May 2001 11:43:44 -0400, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general yt <tyuriy@aol.com> wrote: >It does not have a such property as 'Text'. So how can I catch in to >variable whatever user types ? > >Thanks. > > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.needhim.org ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_news...

Rich Text Edit Control Page size setting...
Hello All, I believe this question has been asked over & over again but i did not find a good solution , my problem is how to set the Page to Legal Size in Rich Text Edit with out manipulating the printer setting of the computer?. Is there any one who has done this with out setting the printer properties of the system. If anyone can share API calls that would do this would be great. I am using PB 10.5.1 Build 6565. I have a business requirement that allows the users to view and print documents built in RichText in Legal size. Thanks in Advance Suresh ...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Page up and Page Down keys don't work in a Rich Text Edit box?
I'm Googling myself to death on this problem, and all there seems to be is 1 million people talking about how you HAVE to use the PageUp & PageDown keys in the RTE print preview mode to get around. I don't even understand why they are having an issue there. Anyway, my problem is much more basic. I've got the user entering Rich Text into an RTE control using PB 10.5.1, build 6565, and the page keys simply don't work. I tried my classic old trick from my old PowerBuilder days of over-riding the pbm_dwnkey event and wiring some stuff up to detect the page keys,...

PowerBuilder Rich Text Control
Hello group, I have a problem.... I am trying to save the contents of a rich text control in an sqlserver table through jaguar. The problem is with a specific text column. Sql Server "sees" that column as text whereas in powerbuilder i see that column as char(32767). When the update statement executes then jaguar reports the following error: ******************************************************* **** EAS SERVER 4.2 (ERROR LOG) ********* ******************************************************* Sep 22 14:27:51 2003: Bind parameter value for ':1' is too big (10434) ...

Rich Text Edit Control
Who's successfully using a - easy to use, cheap or free - rich text editor control in a VWD project?  What's the name of it?What's the name of the rich text edit control I'm typing into right now for this forum post?Thanks.Frank Free Text Box or FCKEditor.  The fact it's a VWD project isn't relevant.JeffPlease: Don't forget to click "Mark as Answer" on the post that helped you. That way future readers will know which post solved your issue.     I use FreeTextBox as well (though not in Studio, not that it matters much).&nbs...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Does anyone know how to set the font for a RTE programmatically? ---- AND ---- How can you tell in a script how far a RTE has been scrolled HORIZONTALLY? Hi Paul, There should be an easier way of setting the font size for RTE controls, but I have not found it yet. The code below will change the font size for the entire window. I don�t know how to change it for selected text. Give this a try. Hope it works. String ls_init_rtf ls_init_rtf = '{\rtf1{\fonttbl{\f0\froman Tms Rmn;}}' ls_init_rtf = ls_init_rtf + "{\f0\fs24\cf0\up0\dn0 a big brown house...

Rich Text Edit Control
Hi All I'm using PB703 Build 10213 I'd like to use a RTE on a window, together with a Datawindow control, get the data from a Long VarChar column on the Datawindow control, set them in the RTE, do some formating on the (BOLD, UNDERLINE, etc), get them from the RTE set them back in the column and save them to the database. Is this posible. TIA Stelios Stylianou Stelios - This is what the RTE Datawindow style is supposed to accomplish. From what I've heard it works FAIRLY well, but it has "issues". You have been warned. :) Olan "...

Rich Text Edit Controls
Hello, We have just migrated our app from 6.5.1 to 7.0.2. I had problems with a few particular objects when trying to open in the library painter and when running from source. PB would crash with "Invalid page fault pb70.exe@014f:10005357". The only way that I could solve the problem was to comment out all code from the 6.5 version, remove a control(one at a time) and migrate to 7.0 until I found which one was the culprit. Rich Text Edit control is the one that is crashing . No matter what I try to add it to, pb70 will blow up with that same error. Does anyone know if ther...

Rich Text Edit Control
HI All: I have a RTF control which imports a RTF file and I want the RTF file to print with it's original margin settings. The RTF document has the following margin sizes: L = 1, R = 1, T 1.80 and B = .25 What happens when I print (rte_1.Print(blah...)) the RTF document is expanded to the edges of the paper. When I view the RTF in PREVIEW mode, the margins are set to: L = .25, R = 0, T = 0 and B = .20 I tried scripting the desired margin settings (RTE_1.LeftMargin = 1 etc.. )and printed with the same result. I do NOT want the users to use the RTE_1.Preview = true window to...

chinese character in rich text control and text control
I have a chinese character in either rich text control or text control. The character is look fine if it is a small size (10, 12), however when the font size is changed bigger (36 or 72), the character is out of shape(many dot, not smooth). Is anyone has any idea to print a bigger chinese character from pb7.03. ...

Rich Text Edit Control
1. I am using RTF control in a window Can i get rtf data in the format like: {\rtf1\ansi\ansicpg1251\deff0{\fonttbl{\f0\fnil\fcharset0 Verdana;}} \viewkind4\uc1\pard\lang1049\b\f0\fs24 RichText control is installed!!!\par } from this control.... I know i can use UPDATEBLOB and SELECTBLOB but that would be blob data. i want to get data like above because i have to display the contents of richtextedit control on a webpage as well. 2. Can I put RichText Edit control on a datawindow? 1) You can store and retrieve up to 32k without needing to use SELECTBLOB and UPDATEBLOB. You c...

Rich Text Edit Control Limit
Is there anyway to limit the number of characters in a Rich Text Edit control? I know there's a limit property on a multi line edit, but there doesn't appear to be anything on the rich text edit. What I'm trying to do is have a datawindow with multiple rows at the top of the screen and when a rowfocuschanged occurs to populate the rich text edit control with data from one of the fields. From there they can edit it and the editchanged user event copies it back to the datawindow so that it can be updated. Everything works great except that the field is only 4000 characte...

Rich Text Edit Control #2
Hi, Is there a way to set the font (Arial, Times New Roman ...) and its size through one of the controls functions? Markus http://www.teamsybase.net/bruce.armstrong/downloads/rte_font.zip On 19 Aug 2004 06:19:13 -0700, "Markus Zurbuchen Consulting \(mzc.ch\)" <mz@mzc.ch> wrote: >Hi, > >Is there a way to set the font (Arial, Times New Roman ...) and its size >through one of the controls functions? > >Markus > Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase] http://www.teamsybase.com TeamSybase blogs: http://www.teamsybase.net/blogs Vote fo...

Web resources about - Rich Text Edit control: get total pages? - sybase.powerbuilder.general