Rich Text Datawindow Problems in 10.5

Here's a couple of things I've been banging my head against:

1. I have a treeview control that when the user adds a new entry to
it, I want focus to change to a separate rich text datawindow so that
they can see the flashing cursor in their new row and immediately
start typing.  SetFocus() will switch the focus, but there isn't a
cursor displayed in the rich text editor.  They can type but it isn't
until you click in the field that the flashing cursor actually
appears.

2. How can I insert formatted hyperlinks into a PB rich text
datawindow?  If you block copy one from Word for instance and paste it
in, it keeps the appearance but strips the hyperlink code so that when
you copy it from within PB and paste it back to Word, you can't click
on the link.

Thanks in advance!

Rob

0
robk72

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

Rich Text Printing Problem in Powerbuilder 10.5 Build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

PB 10.5 Rich Text Datawindow
Hello I�ve migrated some applications from pb9 to pb 10.5 I�ve used ORCASCR10.exe to build an application (pgm.exe). When I print a Rich Text Datawindow with pgm.exe on my computer, that works (PB10.5 is installed on my computer). However, when I use the printing in an other computer (without pb10.5), pgm.exe crashes down. I copy all dll files from Prgram Files/SyBase/shared on my computer to the user�s computer but it is the same. Can somebody help me? ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp did you install ...

Powerbuilder 10.5 - SQLServer2000
I have a problem with a datastore timing out after 17.1 minutes when trying to do a retrieve from the database. If I set the CommandTimeout parameter to 10 seconds then PB will timeout at 10 seconds but if I set it to an hour then PB will still timeout around 17.1 minutes. The datastore has a stored procedure datasource, I'm connecting to Microsoft SQLServer 2000. If I call a stored procedure from within powerscript it doesn't timeout at the 17.1 min mark so it seems to be related to the datastore somehow. ...

Powerbuilder 10.5.1 Rich Text issue
I have migrated an application from 10.2 to 10.5.1 (build 6021). I am having a problem with the new rich text control on a form, that only occurs at runtime. It seems to be preventing a Print and Close button on that form from working. The form has a datawindow object on it and the two buttons. Based on a menu choice which opens the form, one of several rich text datawindow objects are loaded into the datawindow. At first, after upgrading, once I deployed the application and tried to run it on another machine, the data window wouldn't display. I realized that this was due ...

How do I center an image in the header of a rich text datawindow in version 10.5?
I converted several rich text datawindows from version 9 to version 10.5. They had an images in the header that were centered. When I opened them in 10.5, they were left-justified. I can center them, but when I close them and reopen them, they're left-justified again. ...

Rich Text DataWindow In Rich Text Control
Hi, is there a way to take the contents of a rich text data window and put it into a rich text edit control? Thanks, Cliff ...

Rich Text Datawindow #5
I'm trying to design a system and this question is important. Can you have multiple detail rows in the detail band in a rich text datawindow presentation. Something just like a group on customer number with multiple products. So far I cannot get this to work. Any help very much apprciated. Thanks Richard I'm using 11.5.1 ...

Character set problem Oracle 10g/EAServer 5.3/Powerbuilder 10.5/JSP
Hello! Web development: JSP/Java servlets/PB Components I'm having quite some problems with my character sets... Here is how our system is set up Oracle 10g (10.2.0), NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 Client PC XP Pro, NLS_LANG=AMERICAN_AMERICA.WE8MSWIN1252 EAServer codeset utf8 Connection cache: utf-8 JSP charset: <%@ page contentType="text/html; charset=windows-1252" %> I've tried all sort of combinations, all utf-8 (a part form the database), all windows-1252, ... But nothing seems to work, especially with the � sign... And when I put all utf-...

Rich Text Datawindow Problems
We are working with an application that requires us to use the RichText datawindow (32-bit WIN95 platform using PB 5.0.03). We are getting GPF's on this control whenever we try to put in a page number or do a print-preview from the datawindow painter. Is there a fix for this problem somewhere? TIA, Monty mmanley@hboc.com Monty Manley wrote: > > We are working with an application that requires us to use the RichText > datawindow (32-bit WIN95 platform using PB 5.0.03). We are getting > GPF's on this control whenever we try to put in a page number or d...

update powerbuilder 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5
hi, I need update powerbuilder ver 10.0 to powerbuilder 10.5. by the way, my company already buy pb ver 10.00 and need to update to ver 10.5. the question : if update pb from ver 10.00 to ver 10.5, is it free of charge ? if no, How I found the price ? best regards, alim 10.5 is considered a major release, you would need to purchase an upgrade. This is what I found on Sybase's own eshop: http://eshop.sybase.com/eshop/buy_detail?id=92023&prodId=9281&bid=17856 You may find better through an online merchant, partner or local retailer. This is also the Ent...

Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs
Name: Allen Email: allenatbergstedtdotorg Product: Firefox Summary: Problem with Firefox 3.5.3 on Mac 10.5 and 10.5 in Blogger.com blogs Comments: The following problem occurs with Firefox 3.5 on Mac 10.5 and 10.6 The problem does not occur with Safari on 10.6 or on Windows version of Firefox. In my Blogger blogs I've enabled the one-click edit function which is shown by a pencil icon. One click on the pencil should put me in edit mode. However, Firefox 3.5.3 does not show the pencil. I have to click the Sign In button which puts me into my Dashboard where I can select ...

Rich Text Datawindow Printing Problem
I have a rte datawindow as a datastore that I send to the printer. The first copy prints fine, the subsequent copies lose data sporadically. It doesn't happen everywhere (we have several installations). It doesn't happen if I use a datawindow and preview it before I print. Environment: win95, pb 5.0.02, sqlanywhere 5.5.02 any suggestions appreciated, mark ...

Rich Text datawindow problems #2
I have some unusual problem with rtf datawindow on pb version 10.2.1.9761 and 10.5.1.6021 1. The pastertf function is always paste rtf text into the first position of document. I guess it's a wrong working. Is it?(with 10.5.1.6021 is correct) 2. If I change a fix size column poperty with a popup menu of rtf dw and describe a dw syntax, it's unchanged, the width.autosize property staying unchanged (width prop. too) 3. If I change twice a column alignment propery with modify function, at the second case coming a GPF error. 4. If I change a width.autosize propery with m...

Web resources about - Rich Text Datawindow Problems in 10.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo