Retrieving all rows not just 1 row

I have a dw that is retrieving all rows not just the row that is supplied by
the retrieval argument.
Have debugged and everything seems to work fine.
This only happens at runtime as the retrieval arg is passed from another
window.
Have posted the entire question in the pfc group but was hoping for a quick
answer????

Matt

       When you run from the datawindow painter does it retrieve just the
one record?  What about running through the powerbuilder IDE checking the
return code of teh retrieve?  Check the value of the retrieval argument you
pass to the datawindow, does it contain any characters which the database
is considering a wildcard?  What Version of PB and what database?

- Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
www.planetdx.com
0
Joe_Slawsky
10/17/2002 7:32:59 PM
Yes in the dw painter it only returns one row.
NO widcard value is passed.
PB8.03 9704 ASA7.04

<Joe_Slawsky> wrote in message
>        When you run from the datawindow painter does it retrieve just the
> one record?  What about running through the powerbuilder IDE checking the
> return code of teh retrieve?  Check the value of the retrieval argument
you
> pass to the datawindow, does it contain any characters which the database
> is considering a wildcard?  What Version of PB and what database?
>
> - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
> www.planetdx.com

0
Matt
10/18/2002 2:33:08 AM
Okay solved it.
Was using 'like' instead of = in the where clause.
But worked okay in design mode??
Anyway thanks for all the help.

"Matt" <NoSpam_chuck1rar@mbi.nifty.com> wrote in message
> Yes in the dw painter it only returns one row.
> NO widcard value is passed.
> PB8.03 9704 ASA7.04
>
> <Joe_Slawsky> wrote in message
> >        When you run from the datawindow painter does it retrieve just
the
> > one record?  What about running through the powerbuilder IDE checking
the
> > return code of teh retrieve?  Check the value of the retrieval argument
> you
> > pass to the datawindow, does it contain any characters which the
database
> > is considering a wildcard?  What Version of PB and what database?
> >
> > - Joe Slawsky (NOSPAMFORME_jslawsky@planetdx.com)
> > www.planetdx.com

0
Matt

retrieving from row # to row #.
I have over 750 000 rows to retrieve from a table using a datawindow, but my system can only handle approx 30 000 rows and I would like to start from the end of the table. Is it possible to set the row numbers to retrieve? For example, start the retrieve from row 750 000 and stop at row 720 000. There must be a way. thanks, Vern what backend are you using? <Vern> wrote in message news:6BA241541AAD7F2F0063357385256C40.0063358685256C40@webforums... > I have over 750 000 rows to retrieve from a table using a datawindow, but > my system can only handle approx 30 ...

Gridview - itemtemplate - compare validator - validates all rows
I have a itemplate - on the gridview that has a dropdownlist and a textbox.  Then I have a button on each row that when clicked triggers the comparevalidator.  The problem is that it is validating all rows when i click on a button.  I just want it to validate only the row that the button is on.  This is not in edittemplate mode.  It has to be in itemtemplate.  How can it be done? I am trying to do it manually:  Since the compare validator didn't work for each row.    I want to use a customvalidator.  But how can I pass the dro...

Datawindow retrieve rows in dev, retrieves no rows deployed
I created a datawindow in PB10 and given parameters it retrieves the appropriate rows when running from development. After deploying the application, given the exact same parameters (hard coded) the datawindow does not retrieve any rows. I have seen this once before where if we had comment lines inside of the SQL select for the DW it would not retrieve only when deployed. This time, I have no comments and can not find any reason why the exact same program would retrieve differently when run in dev as opposed to deployed. (Both being run on the same machine) Any ideas?? Is the ...

First Row, Next Row, Prior Row, Last Row
I have a SQL Anywhere 7.0 Database, have a table Product_detail which contains Column Name Datatype width Null Default batch_id char(10) No None prod_id Integer No None employee_id Integer No None quantity Integer No None price Numeric (14, 2) No None Its primary key is batch_id I have a Freeform Datawindow with this table I want to provide the first row, next row, prior row and last row Ho...

Several rows with the same data into 1 row
There is table where some rows includes the same data (at least UserId, Name but ID - unique) ID, UserID, Name, Money Required, Money Spent, Products 1    234        aaa     2000                    345                Product1 2    234        aaa     300      ...

[question] retrieving some rows from a specific row ?
Hi, I'm trying to retrieve some rows from a specific row number in a datawindow. I don't know how I compose sql statement in sybase. I'm sure this facility is in oracle. Anybody help me. thanks in advance. The PB function is called reselectrow(row #). it Accesses the database to retrieve values for all columns that can be updated and refreshes all timestamp columns in a row in a DataWindow control or DataStore. The values from the database are redisplayed in the row. As far as recreating the Sybase statement then you would just recreate the where statement us...

How to divide 1 GridView Row with 1 column in 2 Rows with 5 columns?
Hi; I have a GridView with 10 rows and 1 column. How can I do to this GridView show the same data, but with 2 rows and 5 columns? In classic ASP, I made it this way: While (NOT rsFotos.EOF) if i mod 5 = 0 then Response.Write "</tr><tr>" end if ... Someone can help? :)  You have to use a custom template and lay the table out the way you want, either dropping controls in the template or creating a custom ITemplate that takes care of it for you. http://professionalaspnet.com/archive/2006/06/15/Useing-ITemplate-in-the-Data-Controls.aspxChris L...

Only 1 row retrieved ???
I have elect statements that return only 1 row. But I'm 100% sure there must be more. Here's what I do: I made a component that allows the user to count the number of rows in a query (for retrieve as needed dw's). I used to do this with select count(*) ..... but in many cases that takes as long (or even longer) as just retrieving the whole set. So I came up with another idea. I just do the whole retrieve in a datastore and in the retrieverow event I show the user the number of rows. That way he sees something happen immediately (and so he is happy ;-). but he can interru...

Retrieve row value for row with delete button?
Hello,I am developing a simple ticket system and I can't figure out how to retrieve the value of a record that is not selected.  For example, I have a button in a gridview which changes the "Closed" value of that record from No, to Yes, which closes the ticket.  My problem is, I have searched and search and I can't find a way to find out what the value of the record that contains the clicked button.This is my SQL statement: myCommand = New SqlCommand("Update Tickets Set Closed='Yes',ClosedDate='" & DateTime.Now & "' WHER...

Loop to retrieve data from a table row after row
Hello, how do I have to write the loop (SQL-code) if I want to retrieve the content of the first row from a table that consists of one column and many rows and then do some calculation, next get the content of the next row and do a calculation ... until the end of the column? Thanks in advance. Bendo   I'm assuming you are using Visual Web Developer or Visual Studio 2008 (or something similar to the two) and you have  a SQL Server database. You can do calculations using a ExecuteReader() and a reader.  I can help you further with this.  Would a d...

Multiple rows of data into 1 row results?
Is there a way to get multiple rows of data to show in 1 row of results? I have a Data Table (ID, Name, Date, etc), Facility Table (ID, Name) and FacilityKey Table (Data ID and Facility ID). The Data table has a 1 to many relationship with the FacilityKey table. I want to return the Data ID and each Facility Name associated with that Data ID to display in a DataGrid (preferably each Facility Name in the same cell on the grid too), but am stumped on how to get teh query to work (or where to look in the SQL documentation for something like this). Thanks! What you are trying to do is...

getting Grand Total (from stored proc, just 1 row, 1 column)
1. I want to write a class that will give me the grand total from a stored procedure. The sp works fine and gives me totalSales.2. Can someone please verify my code below and make appropriate change?3. Can someone please provide frontend code to read this? (labelTotal.text = totalsales) public int get_pto_granted(int emp_id) { SqlConnection conn = new SqlConnection(connStr); string sp = "sp_getPTOGranted"; SqlCommand cmd = new SqlCommand(sp, conn); cmd.CommandType = CommandType.StoredProcedure; cmd.Parameters.Add("emp...

SQL Native Driver and DW retrieve rows as needed
--(jsljwyvhjs=========__1284022260) Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-15" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, The application that I'm now supporting (on PB 11.5) is set up so that the user can configure certain windows to "retrieve as needed" i.e. for those windows that will contain large amounts of data. During the latest release someone took the decision that the software should now use the SQL Native Client driver, which is now causing a problem with the retrieve rows as needed functionality. The details are below: The user opens a...

Retrieving Just One Row
I have two dw that are shared with each other... One is a list view and the other is used to edit the items. What is my best back of "undoing" changes to a row if the user want to cancel what they have just edited ? I am looking for something like re-retrieve row(xx) The user will only be given the chance to undo a change he/she made in the edit dw, and one these click on save these records will have been saved. I am thinking of setting up a datastore and rowcopy the row into this before the user starts to edit it... if they then click undo then it rowdiscards from...

Web resources about - Retrieving all rows not just 1 row - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Mother of three killed landlord after he tried to stop her retrieving her son's shirt
A mother of three has been found guilty of killing her landlord after he tried to stop her retrieving a red polo shirt her son needed for school ...

Retrieving bodies a 'horrifying' experience (01:43)
Anti-jump measures on the Story Bridge should be "fast tracked" and water police funding increased so CityCats don't have to pick up bodies. ...

Man drowns retrieving toy boat
A man has drowned after entering the Wimmera River at Horsham to retrieve a remote-controlled boat.

Bishop says there is no time limit on retrieving MH17 remains
THE Australian Federal Police have warned that it is too dangerous to approach the MH17 crash site in war-torn eastern Ukraine until security ...

Search underway for man swept away in Brisbane River while retrieving toy boat
A search is underway for a man swept away in the Brisbane River while retrieving a toy boat.

DPRK blames US for suspension of retrieving American soldiers' remains
DPRK blames US for suspension of retrieving American soldiers' remains People's Daily Online PYONGYANG, Oct. 13 The Democratic People's Republic ...

Father killed retrieving Christmas gifts from broken-down car
Richard Perrin, 57, was struck and killed by another driver early Saturday along Hwy 170 in Roanoke.

Yankee retrieving a big Canada
Yankee retrieving a big Canada

iPhone dev: Retrieving user phone numbers
... a secret to recovering user phone numbers that does not involve the … One of the most common questions I get these days has to do with retrieving ...

Girl stuck in Dover storm drain retrieving phone
A teenage girl gets stuck in a storm drain in Dover while trying to retrieve her mobile phone which had fallen into it.