result = ADO.ConnectToNewObject( "ADODB.RecordSet") RETURN -3

The object cannot be created !!

Can anyone help me ??? The same problem if I try from Visual Basic !!

Mirko

Well from VB the syntax would be
set ado = new adodb.recordset
If this doesn't work, then do you definitely have ADO installed?

Out of interest though, why do you need to use record sets from PB?
Datastores give more functionality for less hassle IME.

Simon

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

"Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko@tiscali.it> wrote in message
> The object cannot be created !!
>
> Can anyone help me ??? The same problem if I try from Visual Basic !!
>
> Thanks

0
Simon
3/27/2002 3:35:39 PM
Have you tried reinstalling MDAC? Chances are that the ADODB.Recordset
object was not registered properly. A reinstall should correct that.

/ck

"Mirko Di Tommaso" <mirko@tiscali.it> wrote in message
> The object cannot be created !!
>
> Can anyone help me ??? The same problem if I try from Visual Basic !!
>
> Thanks

0
Chris
3/27/2002 3:37:20 PM
I ve tried to re-install mdac but no success;

I have a PB 8 app that connects to MSWord, and lunch a macro that open a
connection to ORACLE and a VB form; the problem is
that on my PC (note only on my pc) the macrto doesnt works because it try to
create a ADODB.REcordset wothout success.

Maybe a problem with IE6 ?? I'm the omly client with IE6; where is mdac_2.6
after IE6 installation ??

Thanks

P.S.

I must use thsi macro, the complete story is too long :)

0
Mirko
3/27/2002 3:49:21 PM
Ok I have re-installed MDAC 2.6 (downloaded from ms site) and it works...

Thanks for the help

0
Mirko

"Result Set" and a "return code value" in a Stored Proc ?
I would like to know if there is any way to get, at the same time, a result set AND a return code value from a stored procedure. ex : Create procedure MyProc Begin Declare @Var int Select * from customer Select @Var = @@Error Return @Var End Pierre Che pchehwan@swapcom.fr You can return values THREE different ways all at once as the following DBISQL script shows... Breck // Run this first to see procedure result set... CREATE PROCEDURE p_multi ( OUT result_parm INTEGER ) RESULT ( product_id INTEGER, product_name CHAR ( 15 ) ) BEGIN DECLARE return_value IN...

ADODB.Recordset returning "System.__ComObject"?
I've got an ASP.NET page that is pulling data from a database and printing it to the screen. Here's my connection code:   Private Sub Page_Load(Obj As System.Object, e As System.EventArgs) Handles MyBase.Load   Dim MM_clv_STRING   MM_clv_STRING = ConfigurationSettings.AppSettings("Db_Connection")   Dim eventResults   eventResults = Server.CreateObject("ADODB.Recordset")   eventResults.ActiveConnection = MM_clv_STRING   eventResults.Source = "SELECT * FROM futureevent WHERE id='" & Request.Querystring("id") & "'" &...

.ALLCOL("%COLUMN%", " ", ", ", ", ")

quotes, quotes, quotes...

"classname" parameter of function "connecttonewobject"
Hi: I'm using function "ConnectToNewObject" to work with Word, the "classname" parameter is "word.application".If I want to work with other OLE classes, like excel, powerpoint,etc,How can I get their "classname"? I'm using Formula One 6, I don't know its classname,so some methods and properties can't be used in my app. Thanks in advance. hi, check in the object browser in pb and go to OLE tab and look in programmable ole objects. Cicy John Shen wrote: > Hi: > I'm using function "ConnectToNewO...

Replacing "\\" with "\"

double quote

"Me" is better than "You"

replace the "." with a ","

"To" and "From" missing

PowerBuilder
Hi I am using PB 6.5.1 with Oracle 8 and 8i ( pbo8460.dll) There seems to be a problem when user enters : -> in a field and updates the datawindow. ( the 3 characters entered are {space}-{dash}-{greater sign} for clarity ..) the update succeds, but the {space}-{dash}-{greater sign} is replaced in the database by pb1.. ( 5 char) It seems that the pbo8460.dll uses " ->" as an internal separator, but what could I do if the user WANTs to type that ??? Extract of pbtrace.log ( my comments followed by ***************************) SELECT "C_DTG"."DTG1_...

"Using" or "With"

Using "+" or "||"

Web resources about - result = ADO.ConnectToNewObject( "ADODB.RecordSet") RETURN -3 - sybase.powerbuilder.general