Response Windows with Popup Windows

I'm using PB 6.01 beta 1, and am opening a Popup Window from a response
window.  The problem I'm having is that if I click back onto the Response
Window, I can't get back to the Popup Window again.  Is this how it's
supposed to work?

--

Chris McMahon
qcmcmahon@delphi-tech.com

0
Chris

Yes it is.  The only type of window you should open from a response window
is another response window.

Simon

Chris McMahon wrote in message ...
>I'm using PB 6.01 beta 1, and am opening a Popup Window from a response
>window.  The problem I'm having is that if I click back onto the Response
>Window, I can't get back to the Popup Window again.  Is this how it's
>supposed to work?
>
>--
>
>Chris McMahon
>qcmcmahon@delphi-tech.com
>Anti-Spam Note: Remove the 'q' in front of my email address to send me
email

0
Simon
6/26/1998 3:28:40 PM
We have also had problems opening other types of windows from response
windows.  Is it documented anywhere that you should only open response windows
from response windows or is this just something learned from experience?
Further, is this a bug subject to change in a future release, or was this a
design issue that is working as it was designed to work?
TIA
Timothy Madsen
bdkmads@budget.state.ny.us

Simon wrote:

> Yes it is.  The only type of window you should open from a response window
> is another response window.
>
> Simon
>
> Chris McMahon wrote in message ...
> >I'm using PB 6.01 beta 1, and am opening a Popup Window from a response
> >window.  The problem I'm having is that if I click back onto the Response
> >Window, I can't get back to the Popup Window again.  Is this how it's
> >supposed to work?
> >
> >--
> >
> >Chris McMahon
> >qcmcmahon@delphi-tech.com
> >Anti-Spam Note: Remove the 'q' in front of my email address to send me
> email

0
Tim
6/26/1998 4:10:36 PM
Tim,

I believe that it is a Windows design standard - not sure where it's
documented.  If you think about the purpose of a response (or dialog)
window, the behaviour makes sense.  Response windows are used to obtain
a response from the user.  While they are open, the calling script waits
for the users response (if any) to be returned before it continues
processing.  To open any other windows, other than additional response
windows may result in other than expected results.

Dean Drackley
Associate Consultant
Enterprise Information Solutions, Inc.

Tim Madsen wrote:

> We have also had problems opening other types of windows from response
>
> windows.  Is it documented anywhere that you should only open response
> windows
> from response windows or is this just something learned from
> experience?
> Further, is this a bug subject to change in a future release, or was
> this a
> design issue that is working as it was designed to work?
> TIA
> Timothy Madsen
> bdkmads@budget.state.ny.us
>
> Simon wrote:
>
> > Yes it is.  The only type of window you should open from a response
> window
> > is another response window.
> >
> > Simon
> >
> > Chris McMahon wrote in message ...
> > >I'm using PB 6.01 beta 1, and am opening a Popup Window from a
> response
> > >window.  The problem I'm having is that if I click back onto the
> Response
> > >Window, I can't get back to the Popup Window again.  Is this how
> it's
> > >supposed to work?
> > >
> > >--
> > >
> > >Chris McMahon
> > >qcmcmahon@delphi-tech.com
> > >Anti-Spam Note: Remove the 'q' in front of my email address to send
> me
> > email

0
Dean
6/26/1998 4:59:58 PM
I think response windows cannot be the parent of popup windows.  If you have
opened the popup window from the response window, it will then use the MDI
frame as its parent instead.  That probably explains why the popup gets put
behind the response window.

Here is a selection from the help file:
<<
Not all types of windows can be parent windows. Only a window whose borders
are not confined within another window can be a parent. A child window or a
window opened as a sheet cannot be a parent. If you specify a "confined"
window as a parent, PowerBuilder will check its parent, and that window's
parent, until it finds a window that it can use as a parent. Therefore if
you open a popup window and specify a sheet as its parent, PowerBuilder will
make the MDI frame that contains the sheet its parent.

Dean Drackley wrote in message <3593D38E.FEB43FD@eisolution.com>...
>Tim,
>
>I believe that it is a Windows design standard - not sure where it's
>documented.  If you think about the purpose of a response (or dialog)
>window, the behaviour makes sense.  Response windows are used to obtain
>a response from the user.  While they are open, the calling script waits
>for the users response (if any) to be returned before it continues
>processing.  To open any other windows, other than additional response
>windows may result in other than expected results.
>
>Dean Drackley
>Associate Consultant
>Enterprise Information Solutions, Inc.
>
>Tim Madsen wrote:
>
>> We have also had problems opening other types of windows from response
>>
>> windows.  Is it documented anywhere that you should only open response
>> windows
>> from response windows or is this just something learned from
>> experience?
>> Further, is this a bug subject to change in a future release, or was
>> this a
>> design issue that is working as it was designed to work?
>> TIA
>> Timothy Madsen
>> bdkmads@budget.state.ny.us
>>
>> Simon wrote:
>>
>> > Yes it is.  The only type of window you should open from a response
>> window
>> > is another response window.
>> >
>> > Simon

>> response
>> Response
>> it's

>> me
>> > email

0
Chris

Response window with popup window
Greetings all, First of all: Sorry for my bad English! In my application, I have the following functionality: The "primary window" is a MDI Frame window with a treeview at the left side and some datawindows at the right side (like Outlook or explorer). Via doubleclick on the datawindows the user opens RESPONSE windows where he/she can input data. Meanwhile the user is working on a RESPONSE window, a "help button" can be clicked and then a POPUP window is opened that displays some contextual information about the contents of the RESPONSE window. Well, the...

Popup window
I have a response window from which I am opening a popup window. There is a xwindow control on the popup window with a gallery of images. Our users would like the ability to resize the window. The popup window opens OK. If I click off of the popup window, into the response window, the popup looses focus and I am unable to regain focus by clicking into the window. Is there a rule about opening other types of windows from a response window that is causing this behavior? Yes -- a response window is designed to be application-modal, so that no other interaction is enabled until it i...

response window and doubleclick on main window causes action on response window
I am having an issue in PB7.0.3 Bld 10009. I have a window that has 2 DW controls. DW1 that has a field the has some validations that occurs in its itemchanged event that calls a response window for the user to select exceptions reasons. DW1 also does an accepttext() in its losefocus event to force itemchanged validations. What is happening, is if the user doubleclicks a field in DW2 that just happens to be inline with a control button on the response window, the cursor gets positions to the field in DW2 but the response window executes the logic for the control button. I've added...

Response window calling response window!
...scuse my ignorance but...... I have a response window which opens another response window to choose print settings etc but once this is open, if I then select a different application from the task bar, when I then go back, the print settings window has disappeared and I have also lost control completely of the original window. ... is this a complete no-no or is it the way I'm opening the second window?? I'm not crazy about the practice, but beside that, my guess would be that the windows are getting "confused" about who their parent window is. By any chance...

opening response window from response window
Hi! When I open response window from response window in PB 10.2 new response window get focus. But when I do this in PB 8.04 focus stays in first response window and is not posible to change it. Any help? I like this functionality in PB 10.2 and I would like to know if it posible to make it work in PB 8.04. Regards Tomaz It sounds more like some coding problem rather than PB8. Are you sure you're not running some code in timer event of the calling window or something that may occur there after the second response window is called? Just a guess though... ...

Problem while opening Response or Popup windows in Window Plugins
I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 and Internet Explorer 4.0 for a web based application. In which I am using window plugins. I am facing the following problem. In window plugins if a response or popup window is opened from a child window, it opens that popup or response but after closing that popup or response it does not open any other type of window i - e; after opening popup or response you can only open that window as many times as you want but you cannot open other windows. Kindly help me what should I do. Thanks Amir Zaidi amir_zaidi@netsolpk.com ...

Problem while opening Response or Popup windows in Window Plugins
I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 and Internet Explorer 4.0 for a web based application. In which I am using window plugins. I am facing the following problem. In window plugins if a response or popup window is opened from a child window, it opens that popup or response but after closing that popup or response it does not open any other type of window i - e; after opening popup or response you can only open that window as many times as you want but you cannot open other windows. Kindly help me what should I do. Thanks This is odd - I've just modified my standard plugin test w...

From popup window i want one more popup window
can anybody help me soon... i have 2 popup pages pop1 and pop2............when i click one likbutton i want to popup pop1.aspx page and when i click pop1.aspx link button i want pop2.aspx.based on my coding this is working in other machines...but from server machine pop2 is not coming...    master page link button coding ***************************************************************************************************************************  Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType(), "popup", "ShowDNNReportPopup('" & user4mapping &...

Is there a problem opening a response window from a response window?
We have a modal (response) window that is calling a second modal(response) window. Until we migrated to XP, this did not appear to be a problem. Now that a majority of our users have migrated to XP, the second response window **sometimes** freezes. It almost appears as if when the second response window is opened, that the first response window is closed and any choices the users try for closing that second response window are not performed, making it appear that the second response window is frozen. When this occurs and the users try to alt-tab to close the app it isn't found....

Prob with opening response window from a response window on XP
Hi, Env: PB 7.x / Windows XP / MS Outlook 2000 Application works alright on Windows 2000, the same doesnt on XP. Scenario, 1. Opening a Response Window A. 2. Opening another response window B from Window A. 3. Here on click of a button, making use of mapi function to send email. 4. When invoked, prompts an MS outlook window with a warning message that an email is being sent and prompts for confirmation. 5. On clicking 'Yes', it sends the email, but afters, the focus is set to Window A, instead of Window B. ...

Popup Window + Redirect Parent Window + Bind Child Window Data
I wish to achive something as below:1. Popup a child window Child1 from parent window Parent1 (Done)2. Click a button on Child1, redirect the Parent1 to Parent2 (Done)3. In Parent2, I want to bind the labels with the data from Child1 labels.4. Close the Child1 (Done)How can i achieve for Task 3???? Willing for your answers.. -- Tough People Do Tough Task -- Name Child1 when you open the window: window.open("{Your URL}", "Child1", "{Your window options}"); Get a reference to Child1 from Parent2: var winRef = window.open("", "Child1", ""); Use the reference to call a javascript metho...

open a window from a response window
Hi: I have a button in a response window, when user click this button, I open a window , its type is main window, this window is the active window, it can response for mouse and keyboard. when I switch to the response window , I can't switch to this window again until I close the response window. How do I open a window from a response window and the two windows can switch to each other? simon Unfortiunately, you can't -- this is a standard Windows behavior. Response windows are designed to be application modal, i.e., not allow any other processing in the application ...

open window as a response window
PB8 I have a window (type = main) I want to open this window from another window but now as a Repsonse window. How can I do this ? TIA Shalinder OPEN(w_the_other_window) should do it! Control will pass to the next statement in the event or script after the open immediately without waiting. Hope that's what you expect. If you are going to have many of them open: w_the_other_window lw_1 open(lw_1) which creates another instance of the w_the_other_window class. Shalinder Verma wrote: > PB8 > > I have a window (type = main) > I want to open th...

opening windows from response windows
I am trying to open a child window from a response window and am having difficulty getting the focus onto the child window. Any suggestions? Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp A response window is for exactly what it says it is for - to get user response. You should not be able to go other places until you close the response window. If you need to let the user go to other windows, while keeping the current window active, you should not use a response window. You can open one response window from another ...

Web resources about - Response Windows with Popup Windows - sybase.powerbuilder.general

America's Response Monument - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
dedicated to the United States Special Forces and commemorates the servicemen and women of America’s Special Operations response to 9/11, including ...

Antibodies to our own proteins may predict adverse vaccine responses
(credit: Art Writ ) Let's get something straight from the start: vaccines are good. Let's be completely clear about that. But sometimes some ...

GOOD NEWS: Apple Buys Technology That Uses Your Phone’s Camera to Gauge Emotional Response to Ads
... better understand consumer reactions to engagements. Given the iPhone’s camera, the possibilities seem endless: • Gauge the emotional response ...

Giuliani Says Trump’s Response To Hillary Calling Him A ‘Sexist’ Was ‘Politically Brilliant’
Giuliani Says Trump’s Response To Hillary Calling Him A ‘Sexist’ Was ‘Politically Brilliant’

Abbreviated pundit roundup: 'A national crisis like this demands a national response'
... Barack Obama , who held a live town hall on CNN on reducing gun violence yesterday: A national crisis like this demands a national response. ...

Catcher cuts capex for 2016 in response to client orders
Catcher Technology is planning to cut its capex for 2016, and the amount will be much lower than those budgeted in the past two years in response ...

Consumers Dissatisfied With Interactive Voice Response
Often, respondents reported being frustrated by interactive voice responses (IVRs) that replicated information already available on the website. ...

South Korea to restart propaganda broadcasts in response to North Korea nuclear test
South Korea to restart propaganda broadcasts in response to North Korea nuclear test

US, S. Korea and Japan Vow Tough Response to N. Korea
The United States, South Korea and Japan agreed to launch a "united and strong" international response to North Korea's apparent fourth nuclear ...

Victim Blaming: An All-Too-Common Response to Sexual Assault - Hayley Rose Horzepa
Healing from sexual assault is very difficult, especially when your friends and family not only invalidate your claims but blame you for being ...