Response window with popup window

Greetings all,

First of all: Sorry for my bad English!

In my application, I have the following functionality:

The "primary window" is a MDI Frame window with a treeview at the left side
and some datawindows at the right side (like Outlook or explorer).
Via doubleclick on the datawindows the user opens RESPONSE windows where
he/she can input data.

Meanwhile the user is working on a RESPONSE window, a "help button" can be
clicked and then a POPUP window is opened that displays some contextual
information about the contents of the RESPONSE window.

Well, the RESPONSE window works Ok, the "help button" works Ok, and the
POPUP window is opened and displayed.
But, the POPUP window can not gain focus. It's imposible, via mouse,  to be
moved, resized  and to do clicks on its controls.

I know that a RESPONSE window  "stole" all the focus. If I change the window
type from response to main the "focus problem" is gone. But I need to keep
the RESPONSE type for these windows.

How this "POPUP window with focus" can be done?
Maybe with "multi-threads" or another ".exe" that launch the "POPUP window"?

Any idea will be apreciated.
Thank in advance!

Ramon Moliner
molipetit@retemail.es

0
Ramon

This does not sound entirely true. When you JUST open that popup window,
then without going BACK to the response one you'll be able to use keyboard
and mouse on the popup. As soon as you return focus to the response one then
you are stuck there.
Instead of opening a popup, open a response.

"Ramon Moliner" <molipetit@retemail.es> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
>
> First of all: Sorry for my bad English!
>
> In my application, I have the following functionality:
>
> The "primary window" is a MDI Frame window with a treeview at the left
side
> and some datawindows at the right side (like Outlook or explorer).
> Via doubleclick on the datawindows the user opens RESPONSE windows where
> he/she can input data.
>
> Meanwhile the user is working on a RESPONSE window, a "help button" can be
> clicked and then a POPUP window is opened that displays some contextual
> information about the contents of the RESPONSE window.
>
> Well, the RESPONSE window works Ok, the "help button" works Ok, and the
> POPUP window is opened and displayed.
> But, the POPUP window can not gain focus. It's imposible, via mouse,  to
be
> moved, resized  and to do clicks on its controls.
>
> I know that a RESPONSE window  "stole" all the focus. If I change the
window
> type from response to main the "focus problem" is gone. But I need to keep
> the RESPONSE type for these windows.
>
> How this "POPUP window with focus" can be done?
> Maybe with "multi-threads" or another ".exe" that launch the "POPUP
window"?

> Any idea will be apreciated.
> Thank in advance!
>

> Ramon Moliner
> molipetit@retemail.es

0
Philip
8/15/2000 5:43:12 PM
Make the Help window a Response rather than a Popup.

"Ramon Moliner" <molipetit@retemail.es> wrote in message
> Greetings all,
>
> First of all: Sorry for my bad English!
>
> In my application, I have the following functionality:
>
> The "primary window" is a MDI Frame window with a treeview at the left
side
> and some datawindows at the right side (like Outlook or explorer).
> Via doubleclick on the datawindows the user opens RESPONSE windows where
> he/she can input data.
>
> Meanwhile the user is working on a RESPONSE window, a "help button" can be
> clicked and then a POPUP window is opened that displays some contextual
> information about the contents of the RESPONSE window.
>
> Well, the RESPONSE window works Ok, the "help button" works Ok, and the
> POPUP window is opened and displayed.
> But, the POPUP window can not gain focus. It's imposible, via mouse,  to
be
> moved, resized  and to do clicks on its controls.
>
> I know that a RESPONSE window  "stole" all the focus. If I change the
window
> type from response to main the "focus problem" is gone. But I need to keep
> the RESPONSE type for these windows.
>
> How this "POPUP window with focus" can be done?
> Maybe with "multi-threads" or another ".exe" that launch the "POPUP
window"?

> Any idea will be apreciated.
> Thank in advance!
>

> Ramon Moliner
> molipetit@retemail.es

0
Simon

Response Windows with Popup Windows
I'm using PB 6.01 beta 1, and am opening a Popup Window from a response window. The problem I'm having is that if I click back onto the Response Window, I can't get back to the Popup Window again. Is this how it's supposed to work? -- Chris McMahon qcmcmahon@delphi-tech.com Anti-Spam Note: Remove the 'q' in front of my email address to send me email Yes it is. The only type of window you should open from a response window is another response window. Simon Chris McMahon wrote in message ... >I'm using PB 6.01 beta 1, and am opening ...

Popup window
I have a response window from which I am opening a popup window. There is a xwindow control on the popup window with a gallery of images. Our users would like the ability to resize the window. The popup window opens OK. If I click off of the popup window, into the response window, the popup looses focus and I am unable to regain focus by clicking into the window. Is there a rule about opening other types of windows from a response window that is causing this behavior? Yes -- a response window is designed to be application-modal, so that no other interaction is enabled until it i...

response window and doubleclick on main window causes action on response window
I am having an issue in PB7.0.3 Bld 10009. I have a window that has 2 DW controls. DW1 that has a field the has some validations that occurs in its itemchanged event that calls a response window for the user to select exceptions reasons. DW1 also does an accepttext() in its losefocus event to force itemchanged validations. What is happening, is if the user doubleclicks a field in DW2 that just happens to be inline with a control button on the response window, the cursor gets positions to the field in DW2 but the response window executes the logic for the control button. I've added...

Response window calling response window!
...scuse my ignorance but...... I have a response window which opens another response window to choose print settings etc but once this is open, if I then select a different application from the task bar, when I then go back, the print settings window has disappeared and I have also lost control completely of the original window. ... is this a complete no-no or is it the way I'm opening the second window?? I'm not crazy about the practice, but beside that, my guess would be that the windows are getting "confused" about who their parent window is. By any chance...

opening response window from response window
Hi! When I open response window from response window in PB 10.2 new response window get focus. But when I do this in PB 8.04 focus stays in first response window and is not posible to change it. Any help? I like this functionality in PB 10.2 and I would like to know if it posible to make it work in PB 8.04. Regards Tomaz It sounds more like some coding problem rather than PB8. Are you sure you're not running some code in timer event of the calling window or something that may occur there after the second response window is called? Just a guess though... ...

Problem while opening Response or Popup windows in Window Plugins
I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 and Internet Explorer 4.0 for a web based application. In which I am using window plugins. I am facing the following problem. In window plugins if a response or popup window is opened from a child window, it opens that popup or response but after closing that popup or response it does not open any other type of window i - e; after opening popup or response you can only open that window as many times as you want but you cannot open other windows. Kindly help me what should I do. Thanks Amir Zaidi amir_zaidi@netsolpk.com ...

Problem while opening Response or Popup windows in Window Plugins
I am using PowerBuilder 6.5 and Internet Explorer 4.0 for a web based application. In which I am using window plugins. I am facing the following problem. In window plugins if a response or popup window is opened from a child window, it opens that popup or response but after closing that popup or response it does not open any other type of window i - e; after opening popup or response you can only open that window as many times as you want but you cannot open other windows. Kindly help me what should I do. Thanks This is odd - I've just modified my standard plugin test w...

From popup window i want one more popup window
can anybody help me soon... i have 2 popup pages pop1 and pop2............when i click one likbutton i want to popup pop1.aspx page and when i click pop1.aspx link button i want pop2.aspx.based on my coding this is working in other machines...but from server machine pop2 is not coming...    master page link button coding ***************************************************************************************************************************  Page.ClientScript.RegisterStartupScript(Me.GetType(), "popup", "ShowDNNReportPopup('" & user4mapping &...

Is there a problem opening a response window from a response window?
We have a modal (response) window that is calling a second modal(response) window. Until we migrated to XP, this did not appear to be a problem. Now that a majority of our users have migrated to XP, the second response window **sometimes** freezes. It almost appears as if when the second response window is opened, that the first response window is closed and any choices the users try for closing that second response window are not performed, making it appear that the second response window is frozen. When this occurs and the users try to alt-tab to close the app it isn't found....

Prob with opening response window from a response window on XP
Hi, Env: PB 7.x / Windows XP / MS Outlook 2000 Application works alright on Windows 2000, the same doesnt on XP. Scenario, 1. Opening a Response Window A. 2. Opening another response window B from Window A. 3. Here on click of a button, making use of mapi function to send email. 4. When invoked, prompts an MS outlook window with a warning message that an email is being sent and prompts for confirmation. 5. On clicking 'Yes', it sends the email, but afters, the focus is set to Window A, instead of Window B. ...

Popup Window + Redirect Parent Window + Bind Child Window Data
I wish to achive something as below:1. Popup a child window Child1 from parent window Parent1 (Done)2. Click a button on Child1, redirect the Parent1 to Parent2 (Done)3. In Parent2, I want to bind the labels with the data from Child1 labels.4. Close the Child1 (Done)How can i achieve for Task 3???? Willing for your answers.. -- Tough People Do Tough Task -- Name Child1 when you open the window: window.open("{Your URL}", "Child1", "{Your window options}"); Get a reference to Child1 from Parent2: var winRef = window.open("", "Child1", ""); Use the reference to call a javascript metho...

open a window from a response window
Hi: I have a button in a response window, when user click this button, I open a window , its type is main window, this window is the active window, it can response for mouse and keyboard. when I switch to the response window , I can't switch to this window again until I close the response window. How do I open a window from a response window and the two windows can switch to each other? simon Unfortiunately, you can't -- this is a standard Windows behavior. Response windows are designed to be application modal, i.e., not allow any other processing in the application ...

open window as a response window
PB8 I have a window (type = main) I want to open this window from another window but now as a Repsonse window. How can I do this ? TIA Shalinder OPEN(w_the_other_window) should do it! Control will pass to the next statement in the event or script after the open immediately without waiting. Hope that's what you expect. If you are going to have many of them open: w_the_other_window lw_1 open(lw_1) which creates another instance of the w_the_other_window class. Shalinder Verma wrote: > PB8 > > I have a window (type = main) > I want to open th...

opening windows from response windows
I am trying to open a child window from a response window and am having difficulty getting the focus onto the child window. Any suggestions? Thanks ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp A response window is for exactly what it says it is for - to get user response. You should not be able to go other places until you close the response window. If you need to let the user go to other windows, while keeping the current window active, you should not use a response window. You can open one response window from another ...

Web resources about - Response window with popup window - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Frequency response - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Frequency response is the quantitative measure of the output spectrum of a system or device in response to a stimulus, and is used to characterize ...

Steve Jobs’ brutal response to an employee who asked why Apple engineers aren’t paid more
Life as a software engineer at Apple is pretty good, but the perks and salary provided by the company have long paled in comparison to some of ...

SC Gov. Nikki Haley Tapped To Deliver GOP State Of The Union Response
'Nikki Haley has led an economic turnaround and set a bold agenda for her state'

Trump models GOP's cautious response to Obama's gun actions: 'Soon, you won’t be able to buy guns'
Although the National Rifle Association was waiting to see the specifics of President Obama's executive actions promoting gun safety, none of ...

Quick Response On Oil Market Impact To Saudi Execution Of Shia Cleric
Increased tensions between Sunnis and Shi'ites (and Iran and Saudi Arabia) will raise oil traders' worries but shouldn't have a lasting impact ...

Bar’s response to customer complaint about ‘ruined’ New Year’s Eve goes viral
INDIANAPOLIS, Ind. A woman suffered a heart attack during a New Year’s Eve celebration at a downtown Indianapolis bar, but a customer’s complaint ...

Indianapolis bar’s response to customer’s complaint about ‘ruined’ New Year’s Eve goes viral
... A woman suffered a heart attack during a New Year’s Eve celebration at a downtown Indianapolis bar, but a customer’s complaint about the response ...

Barricaded Gunman Prompts SWAT Team Response Near Atlanta
Neighborhood sealed off as police respond to man barricaded in home with 2-year-old boy inside

Questions being asked over response to Pathankot attack valid
Questions are being raised over India’s response to the attack on the air base in Pathankot and many of them are valid.

Mark Zuckerberg's Response To People Who Tell Girls To 'Date The Nerd'
Huffington Post Mark Zuckerberg's Response To People Who Tell Girls To 'Date The Nerd' Huffington Post On Sunday, Zuckerberg posted on Facebook ...