Resizing columns on a datawindow

Is there a way to resize the columns on a datawindow as the datawindow
control resizes?  This sounds simple, but I have yet to find a way to do
this.  Am I missing something?
--
Greg Holliday
DODGE/Rockwell Automation

Look in help under setformat
syntax

dwcontrol.SetFormat ( column, format )

this is the example

string format1

format1 = "$font=* charset='iso8859-1' code=35 	TeX='\num ' descr='[num]',font=*
charset='iso8859-1' code=35 	TeX='\num ' descr='[num]'font=* charset='iso8859-1'
code=35 	TeX='\num ' descr='[num]'0.00"

dw_employee.SetFormat(15, format1)

On Tue, 11 May 1999 16:03:08 -0400,
Greg Holliday <ggholliday@dodge.ra.rockwell.com> wrote:
>Is there a way to resize the columns on a datawindow as the datawindow
>control resizes?  This sounds simple, but I have yet to find a way to do
>this.  Am I missing something?
>--
>Greg Holliday
>DODGE/Rockwell Automation
>ggholliday@dodge.ra.rockwell.com

Ken Drendel
If you have any questions or comments you can reach me
via email at kdrendel@hotmail.com
or via ICQ @ 34027019
0
Ken
5/11/1999 8:07:36 PM
I highly doudbt that SetFormat() will help you, but if you have access to
PFC 6.x, take a look at  the Datawindow Resize service
("pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_resize").
Otherwise take a look at Modify() function...

Greg Holliday <ggholliday@dodge.ra.rockwell.com> wrote in message
> Is there a way to resize the columns on a datawindow as the datawindow
> control resizes?  This sounds simple, but I have yet to find a way to do
> this.  Am I missing something?
> --
> Greg Holliday
> DODGE/Rockwell Automation
> ggholliday@dodge.ra.rockwell.com

0
Philip
5/11/1999 8:21:03 PM
Sorry I did not read the question right, yse Phil is right the Modify()
statment with the statment type objectname.property=value
would be what you are looking for
Sorry again for the mis givin answer.

 On Tue, 11 May 1999 16:21:03 -0400,
Philip Salgannik <philena@msn.com> wrote:
>I highly doudbt that SetFormat() will help you, but if you have access to
>PFC 6.x, take a look at  the Datawindow Resize service
>("pfc_n_cst_dwsrv_resize").
>Otherwise take a look at Modify() function...
>
>Greg Holliday <ggholliday@dodge.ra.rockwell.com> wrote in message
>> Is there a way to resize the columns on a datawindow as the datawindow
>> control resizes?  This sounds simple, but I have yet to find a way to do
>> this.  Am I missing something?
>> --
>> Greg Holliday
>> DODGE/Rockwell Automation
>> ggholliday@dodge.ra.rockwell.com

Ken Drendel
If you have any questions or comments you can reach me
via email at kdrendel@hotmail.com
or via ICQ @ 34027019
0
Ken

How to make DataWindow column resizable like Excel column
Does anyone know how to make DataWindow column behave like Microsoft Excel column. When user expanses or reduces a column, other columns should slid accordingly. What you're describing is native to the grid style. Is that not what you're using, and if not, should you be? <g> Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On 10 Sep 2003 07:33:26 -0700, James S wrote: >Does anyone know how to make DataWindow column behave like >Microsoft Excel column. When user expanses or reduces a >column, other columns should slid accordingly. Sequel&...

Resizeable columns in DataWindows
Hi, has anybody an idea to the following: - what do I have to do to make columns in a DataWindow, which is directly connected to a table of a ORACLE database, resizeable, e.g. pull them with the mouse like I can do on the Explorer Window? I would appreciate any idea, to think about Thanks in advance Regards Norbert Create a datawindow of type Grid. Simon -- All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of my employer "Norbert Braeuchler" <norbert.braeuchler@nortelnetworks.com> wrote in message news:4HUR$lht...

Resizing datawindow columns
I am using a grid datawindow object inside a datawindow control within a window. I'd like to do some actions after I resize a column (for example, I have another dw control with another grid dw inside, having the same columns with the first one, and this needs to be align with the original one every time). The clicked could be a way to do it, but this slows a lot the whole thing. Does anyone have a better idea? Thanks, Alina. In pbm_lbuttondown, store PointerX() in an instance variable In pbm_dwnlbuttonup, compare the x position with the instance variable (to see if somethi...

Resizing Datawindow Columns
I'm using PFC with PB 11 I have a datawindow control with its resize service working. Now I want resize the controls within the datawindow ie columns I thought the resize service would do. But database columns does not adjust to full screen Lee Thanks Alex B. Have you called of_register() to register the columns (and other DataWindow objects) with the service to "tell" it how to resize each and/or how much to resize them? -- John Strano - Sybase Technology Evangelist <Lee Sayed> wrote in message news:475b074a.2357.1681692777@sybase.co...

datawindow.column.count not returning the column count of a datawindow
I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a datawindow. It just started happening with PB 6.501 and still works fine in PB 5.0. The function that looks at this property is in an ancestor userobject. The dataobject is assigned at this point but all other properties of the datawindow are missing. Any suggestions? Don't recall, but was it still dwDescribe() in version 5.0? If it was that may be your problem. HTH Kent Montgomery wrote: > I am having problems with the datawindow.column.count property of a > datawindow. It just started happenin...

Resize the columns on a freeform datawindow.
I would like to move/resize columns and static text controls that are on a freeform datawindow. When the resize event of a window is triggerd I want the colums etc. to be moved in the right position. Is this possible? Laurens Vredevoogd Amsterdam Netherlands >I would like to move/resize columns and static text controls that are on a >freeform datawindow. When the resize event of a window is triggerd I want >the colums etc. to be moved in the right position. Is this possible? > I don't see why it's not possible. I wrote a similiar PFC service for grid s...

Grid Datawindow and resize columns
Hi. My datawindows are Grid type, the property "MouseSelection", on the first tabpage, is unchecked. It's posible resize the columns without that property active? TIA In PB 8.0, I can resize columns in a grid window with Mouse Selection checked or unchecked. Resizing columns doesn't require being able to select them. The icon for selection and resize is different. Selection is the normal arrow and resize is the vertical bar with 2 horizontal arrows, 1 to pointing to each side. jo in okc "Luis Cortes" <cortesgl@corp-ods.com> wrote ...

SplitBar and Resize column in Datawindow.
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4bc806d8 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Good day! How to make splitbar in Web target if it is possible? How to make resize columns in Datawindow if it is possible? Sincerely yours, Alexey Sorokin. ---=_forums-1-dub4bc806d8 Content-Type: image/jpeg; name="splitbar.jpg" Content-Transfer-Encoding: base64 Content-Disposition: attachment; filename="splitbar.jpg" /9j/4AAQSkZJRgABAQEAYABgAAD/4QBmRXhpZgAASUkqAAgAAAAEABoBBQAB AAAAPgAAABsBB...

not resizable column for grid datawindow!!!!
On a per-column basis, or for the whole datawindow in general? Because you can already turn it off for the whole thing... -- "Don't just fix; teach." Some informative links: news:news.announce.newusers http://www.geocities.com/nnqweb/ http://www.catb.org/~esr/faqs/smart-questions.html http://www.caliburn.nl/topposting.html http://www.netmeister.org/news/learn2quote.html On a per-column basis. Because there are picture or button object in some columns. And if you resize this colums, pictures show larger then original. "Jason...

Resizing columns in a datawindow plugin
Can a datawindow plugin have resizeable columns? I know that in a grid type datawindow, the rows can be resized by the user. Is the same true for a datawindow plugin (if hte datawindow is of grid type)? Yannick Lockhead ...

prevent resize columns in grid datawindow
Hi, here's my question: I have grid style dw with some columns in it that should not participate on the column resize feature of the grid style dw. Because those columns contain bitmap expressions they should not resize. Otherwise the bitmap being displayed resizes too. That's not what I want. For the columns containing text data resizing should be valid. Background: Formerly I used a list view control, but the listview can only handle display one picture column. That's why I used a dw. But column resizing must be generally available except those columns who contai...

PB10 Grid Datawindow Resize Column
I have migrated an application from PB7.0.3 to PB10 and I am having problems resizing columns at run-time on a grid datawindow which has the grid setting turned on and Column Moving and Mouse Selection both checked. The datawindow is part of a "Preview" feature of the application which allows users to modify the look of a view by changing column width, sort order, etc. Any ideas? Thank you, Create a grid dw in PB10. Do you have the same problems? I was able to create one and didn't. This may be a migration issue. If so I would recreate the datawindow. Dawn &g...

Which Event when resizing a column in Grid Datawindow ?
Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize a column in a Grid datawindow ? Is there another way to know when a column is resized ? Thanks for help. -- Arnaud Bauer - Jehier Ing�nierie Informatique 49120 CHEMILLE - FRANCE Tel : 02.41.49.80.81 http://www.jii.fr There isn't such an event. I guess you could code a timer event that checks it to the previous value. Sorry. -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamPS) Arnaud Bauer <arnaud.bauer@jii.fr> wrote in article <370C6054.158A271C@jii.fr>... > Does anybody know if an event occured when i resize...

Auto resize width of datawindow column
Hi all How do I set the dw object such as label, column or compute fields, etc., can auto resize the width within the contents like auto height setting ? There's nothing to set. You have to do it programmatically. I do something like this. You'll have to determine the width of the text (I use PFC's of_GetTextSize on the platform service). Then, you have to decide how many values you're going to test (all rows, a sampling of rows...). Then, it's just a Modify() of the width attribute. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On Thu, 1...

Web resources about - Resizing columns on a datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo