Reserved word ?

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CBB259.A7C4B0F0

Hello,=20

using PB 12.1

I'm migrating my app from 10.2 and found this problem:

When I try to declare this function on "local external functions' on an =
userobject=20

FUNCTION int xor(int n,int v) LIBRARY "FUNCky32.DLL" alias for =
"_xor;Ansi"

I'm getting a "C0031 Syntax error".

I guess that "xor" is a reserved word but then , how can I declare that =
function so I can have typical XOR operation ?

Regards

Alfredo

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CBB259.A7C4B0F0

<HTML><HEAD>
charset=3Diso-8859-1">
<STYLE></STYLE>
</HEAD>
<BODY>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Hello, </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2></FONT><FONT face=3DArial =
size=3D2></FONT>&nbsp;</DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>using PB 12.1</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm migrating my app from 10.2 and =
found this=20
problem:</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>When I try to declare this function on =
"local=20
external functions'&nbsp;on an userobject </FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2><STRONG>FUNCTION int xor(int n,int v) =
LIBRARY=20
"FUNCky32.DLL" alias for "_xor;Ansi"</STRONG></FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I'm getting a "C0031 Syntax =
error".</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>I guess that "xor" is a reserved word =
but then ,=20
how can I declare that function so I can have typical XOR operation=20
?</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Regards</FONT></DIV>
<DIV><FONT face=3DArial size=3D2>Alfredo</FONT></DIV>

------=_NextPart_000_000E_01CBB259.A7C4B0F0--

0
Alfredo
1/12/2011 12:07:26 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

You'll have to rename the function, perhaps to something
like f_xor. Just replace every instance of the string
(except the alias obviously).

> Hello,
>
> using PB 12.1
>
> I'm migrating my app from 10.2 and found this problem:
>
> When I try to declare this function on "local external
> functions' on an userobject
>
> FUNCTION int xor(int n,int v) LIBRARY "FUNCky32.DLL" alias
> for "_xor;Ansi"
>
> I'm getting a "C0031 Syntax error".
>
> I guess that "xor" is a reserved word but then , how can I
> declare that function so I can have typical XOR operation
> ?
>
> Regards
>
> Alfredo

0
Jeremy
1/12/2011 1:44:53 PM
Ooopssss, thank you!

I thought that function name had to match with real dll function name.

<Jeremy.Lakeman@gmail.com> wrote in message
> You'll have to rename the function, perhaps to something
> like f_xor. Just replace every instance of the string
> (except the alias obviously).
>
>> Hello,
>>
>> using PB 12.1
>>
>> I'm migrating my app from 10.2 and found this problem:
>>
>> When I try to declare this function on "local external
>> functions' on an userobject
>>
>> FUNCTION int xor(int n,int v) LIBRARY "FUNCky32.DLL" alias
>> for "_xor;Ansi"
>>
>> I'm getting a "C0031 Syntax error".
>>
>> I guess that "xor" is a reserved word but then , how can I
>> declare that function so I can have typical XOR operation
>> ?
>>
>> Regards
>>
>> Alfredo

0
Alfredo
1/12/2011 2:33:08 PM
That's why you give it an alias... so that you can name the function
anything you want. You can even define the same external function
multiple times with different aliases.

FUNCTION int f_xor(int n,int v) LIBRARY "FUNCky32.DLL" alias for "_xor;Ansi"
FUNCTION int SusieQ(int n,int v) LIBRARY "FUNCky32.DLL" alias for
"_xor;Ansi"

On 1/12/2011 8:33 AM, Alfredo Guiral Gallego wrote:
> Ooopssss, thank you!
>
> I thought that function name had to match with real dll function name.
>

> <Jeremy.Lakeman@gmail.com>  wrote in message
>> You'll have to rename the function, perhaps to something
>> like f_xor. Just replace every instance of the string
>> (except the alias obviously).
>>
>>> Hello,
>>>
>>> using PB 12.1
>>>
>>> I'm migrating my app from 10.2 and found this problem:
>>>
>>> When I try to declare this function on "local external
>>> functions' on an userobject
>>>
>>> FUNCTION int xor(int n,int v) LIBRARY "FUNCky32.DLL" alias
>>> for "_xor;Ansi"
>>>
>>> I'm getting a "C0031 Syntax error".
>>>
>>> I guess that "xor" is a reserved word but then , how can I
>>> declare that function so I can have typical XOR operation
>>> ?
>>>
>>> Regards
>>>
>>> Alfredo

0
Jason

Powerbuilder computation field problem with reserved words
Hello, we have upgraded our system to Sybase ASA9, and discovered that the word "window" is now a reserved word :-) Since so many databases are out there, we cannot just change the column name in the database, so we have to do the work in the powerbuilder application. We have now changed every datawindow sql where the "window" word was used, to have double-quotes around the word. But, alas, we have some computed columns as well, where the column window is used. And there it does not work to put it in quotes, as it then is misinterpreted as the string &q...

Is the word "Name" a reserved word?
  Is the word "Name" a reserved word in SQL? look at line 10 of my stored procedure. When I use the word "Name"it is highlited in blue by SQL Server? Note I only list part of the stored proc 1  CREATE PROCEDURE [dbo].[GetXMLPeopleNames] 23 (4 @Status nvarchar(3)5)6 AS7 SELECT8  PersonId,9  PersonDescription,10  Name,11  UpdateDate,12  UpdateAppUser13 FROM14  Customer WHERE Customer.PersonDescription=@Status15 ORDER BY It is not a reserved word as in Access. It is advised to use...

Reserved Words
Hi all, First off I'll just mention that I'm not a user of PowerScript. My client is using a dll that I wrote and is saying that the he can't get the Dll to work because we have methods that are using reserved words. The methods to our dll are Connect and Alias. These are listed in the documentation as reserved words. I currently don't have the source code to what our client is using, however, I'm wondering if anyone has ever come across a problem like this before. Is there a possible work around? I'm kind of desperate as he's asking new func...

reserved word
I have a column named ADDRESS in a trigger. It is the second line. The ADDRESS word in the editor is blue so I assume it is a reserved word. When this trigger fires it ways select returned more than 1 row. If I comment out the select ADDRESS line it works fine. How would I fix this without changing the ADDRESS column in 50 tables? select SEND_IN_CARE_OF into FSICO from SMSDBA.SELLER_INFO where oldvalue.PRIMEKEY = newvalue.PRIMEKEY; select ADDRESS into FADDR from SMSDBA.SELLER_INFO where oldvalue.PRIMEKEY = newvalue.PRIMEKEY; select CITY_STATE_ZIP into FCSZ from SMSDBA.SELLER...

Reserved Words
HI. Where can I find a list of Sybase reserved words? TIA /Misja You may check the following, but not very sure. select name from master..spt_values where type = 'W' Sid. For ASE reserved words, go to http://manuals.sybase.com/onlinebooks/group-as/asg1200e Chapter 4 of the "Reference Manual" has the list of reserved words. -bret Misja wrote: > HI. > > Where can I find a list of Sybase reserved words? > > TIA > > /Misja ...

Reserved Words
Does anyone have a list of reserved words other than what is found in the Help File for 5.504? -- --- Ron Sorrell The SupportMagic Help Desk by Sceptre Advanced Business Solutions A Network Associates (NAI) Platinum Partner Contact Technical Support & Sales at mailto:helpdesk@sceptreabs.com http://www.sceptreabs.com (800) 232-8457 Support Hours 900 - 2100 EDT ...

Reserved Words
Where can I find a list of new reserved words in Sybase ASE 12.0 ??? Bikefrek wrote... > Where can I find a list of new reserved words in Sybase ASE 12.0 ??? > See the reference manual, chapter 4: Reserved words. -- Jim Egan [TeamSybase] Senior Consultant Sybase Professional Services Sybase TechWave 2001 http://www.sybase.com/events/techwave2001 August 12th - 16th, San Diego <Bikefrek> wrote in message news:175653E9C75FF866006C0BC785256A68.006C0BD685256A68@webforums... > Where can I find a list of new reserved words in Sybase ASE 12.0 ??? Apart form checkin...

Reserved Words
I have a dll I use in PB as an ole object that has a function I need to call that happens to be a reserved word in PB. Is there around the reserved word so that I can call this function? Trax, You can deal with this using an alias in the external function declaration. The PB function name can be completely different from the function name in the DLL. Frank On Tue, 31 Jul 2007 21:44:45 +0200, TRAX <luciano@nospam.com> wrote: > I have a dll I use in PB as an ole object that has a function I need > to > call that happens to be a reserved wor...

Reserved Words
I've been trying unsuccessfully now for a week to get PB5 to remove records marked for delete in a Dbase type file. It was suggested that I use PACK. Pack is not a reserved word, PB5 does not know it, and gives me an error or ignores the command when embedded in a variable as was also suggested, why was it suggested if its useless?? Is there an add on for reserved words?? There is also no reference to Execute Immediate which I was told to utilize, is this too an add on of some sort?? Where are these pros getting this info, and how can I get my hands on it as well, my project is mire...

Reserved Words
--------------0D40D0C394872C38C27BF32A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit I am trying to retrieve data on a datetime field. The field is called transaction_date. I recieve no data. However, within the same table I can retrieve data on a datetime field called completion_date. They are exactly the same accept for their names. I have tried this in both Powerbuilder and WISQL with the same result - no data. My question: Is transaction_date a reserved word? Has anyone heard of this happening? --------------0D40D0C394872C38C27BF32...

reserved words
Maybe not that important, but since 'import' is a reserved word (and also recognized as such in IDEs), shouldn't we be using Components.utils['import'] instead of... Components.utils.import in code examples? Brett ...

Word and powerbuilder
Hello All, OLE and Word 2000 I am using PB 9 and MS WORD 2000. I have a word document, Like First Name : ____________________ Second name : -------- Age : ------------------ Sax : --------- Like that where I have add the doted lines there I want to and value which I am getting from my data base , so I do like, opening a word file and connect with word and there I can type text easly. o1.Selection.typetext("Mani ") I got any replay so posting it here ! My Problem : I want to 1.. Add ...

Reserved words
Can anyone provide me the documentation or link which shows what are the new reserved words introudced in 11.9.2 and 12.0. any help will be greatly appreciated. TIA Did you check the following URL's? sybooks.sybase.com (online books) www.isug.com and also you can check a system procedure existing in sybsystemprocs db (sp_checkreserved???I could not remember its name, but you can find it in sybsystemprocs easily) HTH Regards ALPER ONEY SYBASE DBA I.S.E TAKASBANK INC TEL:+902123152109 <LP> wrote in message news:706p0L#lCHA.199@forums.sybase.com... > Can anyon...

Reserved words
Where can I download a list of all the reserved words in SQL? Thanks, Bob bob.wadsworth@pni.com This is in chapter 8 of the ASE 12.5 Reference Manual Vol 1 http://manuals.sybase.com:80/onlinebooks/group-as/asg1250e/ -bret Bob wrote: > Where can I download a list of all the reserved words in SQL? > > Thanks, > > Bob > bob.wadsworth@pni.com If you have ASE running, the following query will give you a complete list of reserved words in your current ASE version: select name from master..spt_values where type = "W" HTH, Rob ...

Web resources about - Reserved word ? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Reserved and excepted matters - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
In Scotland , a finite list of matters are explicitly reserved in the Scotland Act. Any matter not explicitly listed in the Act is implicitly ...

What's your addiction? © Steven Hawkins 2012. - All rights reserved. - Flickr - Photo Sharing!
Explore HawkinsSteven's photos on Flickr. HawkinsSteven has uploaded 289 photos to Flickr.

Emirati woman first to take on job traditionally reserved for men
Ayesha Al Marzooqi, 28, said she hoped her job at Khalifa Port would inspire other women to take up careers that were traditionally reserved ...

Palmer breach of trust decision reserved until New Year
A decision on whether Clive Palmer breached trust by allegedly funnelling money from a mining partner into his 2013 federal election campaign ...

AFL dumps mandatory reserved seating fee in bid to reduce prices
The AFL will dump reserved seating, streamline its variable pricing ticketing scheme and grant clubs more power over their match-day experience ...

The utmost of privacy is reserved for fly-ins to an exclusive Port Phillip resort
It is in the Melway - but you would never try to drive there. It is home to thousands of part-time residents who travel from around the world ...

Medical marijuana reserved for sickest kids by U.S. pediatric academy
With virtually no hard proof that medical marijuana benefits sick children, and evidence that it may harm developing brains, the drug should ...

Highway reserved for driverless trucks proposed from Mexico to Canada
Proposed corridor is predicted to ease the movement of commodities across borders and streamline business

Rogers: Reserved Your Samsung Galaxy Note 4 Online
The highly anticipated Samsung Galaxy Note 4 was unveiled at IFA Berlin just a couple short weeks ago, and it was made quite clear that Canadians ...

Jailbreak Only: HomeSpringPage – A Home Screen Page Reserved For Widgets
A new jailbreak tweak called HomeSpringPage allows jailbreakers to create a new Home screen page, which is reserved specifically for Dashboard ...