referencing previous row in datawindow expression

I'm trying to control the visibility of a column in my datawindow by using
the following [visible] expression for column employee_id:

if (employee_id = employee_id[CurrentRow() - 1],0,1)

I don't want to use suppress repeating values for many reasons, mainly it's
a more complicated scenario than my above example.  But the above expression
will only compile if I do not have a function within the brackets [].  How
do I say the above statement?

Larry Horowitz

0
Larry

AFAIK you are right using it without the function
because a value in square brackets it interpreted
relative to the current row:

if (employee_id = employee_id[-1],0,1)

HTH

Chris Werner

"Larry Horowitz" <nospamlhorowitzatres-q.com> schrieb im Newsbeitrag
> I'm trying to control the visibility of a column in my datawindow by using
> the following [visible] expression for column employee_id:
>
> if (employee_id = employee_id[CurrentRow() - 1],0,1)
>
> I don't want to use suppress repeating values for many reasons, mainly
> it's a more complicated scenario than my above example.  But the above
> expression will only compile if I do not have a function within the
> brackets [].  How do I say the above statement?
>
> Larry Horowitz

0
Chris

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_004F_01C308EA.58A195E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow!
Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the first row of each datawindow. It seems I used the loop access the value it doesn't work. Indeed, It has the all data for me but just right for the first row in each data window. Could you have any ideas, please!...

How can I count number of rows in each datawindow in composit datawindow then access and set item in each row in each datawindow! #2
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0043_01C308EA.0E4861E0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable Hi friends, I created a composite datawindow includes three datawindow. How can I count the number of rows in each datawindow? (Rowcount() function can = not works). Also, I need access in each row then reset the value that I want = in each row in each datawindow. I use the property to access to get data in each row in each datawindow, but the right value only happens in the = fi...

Referencing a previous row in a filter
I know I've seen the syntax, but I'm having a problem referencing a column in a previous row in a filter. For example I want to check to see if the order number in the current row is the same as the order number in the previous row. Thanks! Pete colname=colname[-1] <PC> wrote in message news:E73BCFCA5CD2F52D00616C1D85256A24.00616C2D85256A24@webforums... > > I know I've seen the syntax, but I'm having a problem referencing a column > in a previous row in a filter. For example I want to check to see if the > order number in the current ro...

referencing previous row values
Hi guys, I think maybe I've seen something like this posted before, so I'm hoping it's possible. I want to add a computed column to a datawindow that will show a calculation of other columns from the previous row eg. a b computed (b - a) 3 5 - 4 10 2 1 12 6 .. .. 11 etc. But I canna see how to do it...any ideas? Regards, Paul Doody Technical Analyst Bull Information Systems Ltd. Paul.Doody@Bull.Net Paul Doody wrote in message <350916B6.BA3@bull.net>... >Hi guys, > >I think maybe I've seen something like this posted before, so I&#...

Datawindow returns 1 row not 105 rows... Web Datawindow
Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow through debug it returns 1 row. Please help! Check RowCount after Retrieve. Yossi Dallal <jfinnell> wrote in message news:42b1b05f.467f.1681692777@sybase.com... > Is there a special setting I'm missing to retrieve all rows > in the datawindow control, The sqlselect statment pulls 105 > from Microsoft SQL Server. But When I run the datawindow > through debug it returns 1 row....

how to drag and drop one row from one datawindow and update the exist row in other datawindow ?
I liked to drag and drop a field (assume: name) from a row of one datawindow (dw_1) to another datawindow (dw_2), and also update the exist row in dw_2. Thanks for help. -- Best regards, Ridwan Goldbase Technology Visit our Homepage : http://www.geocities.com/Wallstreet/Floor/5251/index.html http://members.tripod.com/goldbase http://members.xoom.com/goldbase * Check out the Y2K (Year 2000 Problems - Millenium Bugs) Take a look at the Drag Drop entries in the help file. Basically, you need to turn on Dragging using Drag(Begin!). When you drop onto dw_2, the drag...

Accessing Previous Row Within Datawindow
Hello all! I am temporarily experiencing a brain fart. I want to access a column from the previous row within the datawindow. I know that this can be done and I have done it before. Can someone help me? I am using version 6.5. Thanks! Michelle col_name[-1] Right? <Michelle_Wiley> wrote in message news:5B8C2B183797C49B005C473485256AB9.005C474185256AB9@webforums... > Hello all! I am temporarily experiencing a brain fart. I want to access a > column from the previous row within the datawindow. I know that this can > be done and I have done it before. ...

Referencing previous rows compued columns
Hi guys, I'd really like to be able to do this as a calculated computed column but can't see how... Given I have 3 DW columns, TOTAL_BALANCE, ADJUSTMENTS & PAYMENTS I want a computed column COMPUTED_BALANCE which (in English) is 'If it's the first row show TOTAL_BALANCE otherwise show the previous rows COMPUTED_BALANCE minus the previous rows ADJUSTMENTS minus the previous rows PAYMENTS' I've tried variations using multiple computed columns and can't get anywhere. It's easy enough to code for in RetrieveEnd...but if there were a way I'd p...

computed column referencing previous row
I suppose this is basic but I don't have much experience: I want to do this in a datawindow: (based in a table with the "article", "in" and "out" information) *********************************** Article: xxxxxxxx In Out Balance ---- --- ------- 10 10 3 7 2 5 15 20 1 19 ------ Balance: 19 *********************************** How can I make the "Balance" work ? I try a computed field but I don't kn...

Previous row in Modify Expression dialog box
Ops... Please, How I can refer to previous row in Modify Expression dialog box ? (like: if(getrow() > 1, cf_field[-1], columnA-columnB) in this example cf_field is a computed field.... and previous expression don't work...) TIA, Renato Di Pauli Hi, you can not use the [-n] modifier to reference computed expressions in rows relative to the actual row. Instead of using cf_field[-1] you may repeat the computed expression. If for example cf_field is defined as colA * colB you could use colA[-1] * colB[-1] HTH Chris Werner "Di Pauli Renato" <r.d...

Deleting Rows with Identity Columns through Powerbuilder Datawindow
Perhaps I should be posting this in a Powerbuilder newsgroup, but I am having the following problem: I have a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which is using an ASE 12.5 database with Enhanced Full Text Search. Because of the EFTS, many of the tables make use of identity columns. Whenever users attempt to delete a row from one of these tables through a datawindow, they receive a "Rows Changed Between Retrieve and Update Error"! I have tried changing the "ON DELETE" settings of the datawindow, but to no avail. However, I can delete records from the table th...

Modify Expression Editor
How about improving on the Modify Expression Editor a bit? We have some quite complicated expressions, and the tiny little MLE control that PB uses to allow us to edit expression is very clumsy (and yes, I do realize about the elipse to bring up the modal Modify Expression window - which contains an only slight less tiny MLE for editing the Expression). Not to mention that embedded Returns in the expression can cause the computed field to behave funny. How about a real editor, complete with color markups, support for indentation and carrage returns, AutoScript even! Oooh,...

Datawindow Expression: How can I get values from other rows?
Hi, What can I do if I want to use the value, in a column, in a previous row, in a datawindow expression. I can't figure out if this is even possible, I know you can use values from the same row in a datawindow expression, but I want to use the values from the previous row in a datawindow expression. Is it possible? Thanks Dan column_name[-1] where the congtents of the brackets can be any relative integer Does anyone know where this is documented? I found it once, but have forgotten. <Dan Black> wrote in message news:45c8ed06.659b.1681692777@sybase.com... > H...

Web resources about - referencing previous row in datawindow expression - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Topologically Integrated Geographic Encoding and Referencing - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Topologically Integrated Geographic Encoding and Referencing , or TIGER , or TIGER/Line is a format used by the United States Census Bureau to ...

Facebook Testing Posts From Pages Users Haven’t Liked Referencing Pages Users Have Liked
Some Facebook users are seeing organic posts in their news feeds that suggest posts from pages they have not liked when the posts are in reference ...

McDonald's Ad Referencing 9/11, Boston Bombing Provokes Strong Reactions
NEW YORK — An ad by McDonald's is testing the fine line companies need to walk when referencing national tragedies. The ad by the world's biggest ...

iCloud storage warning emails already referencing iOS 8 & iCloud Drive
Those annoying iCloud storage warning email notifications have begun referencing the upcoming iOS 8 and iCloud Drive, according to multiple tips ...

Begich, Sullivan campaigns pull controversial ads referencing Mountain View case - Alaska Dispatch
... representing the victims' family in a high-profile murder and sexual assault case in Anchorage, the Sullivan and Begich camps pulled ads referencing ...

Protesters briefly disrupt Google I/O, referencing evictions, “robots that kill”
This blurred action shot is what happens when protesters unexpectedly disrupt a Google I/O keynote. The world of big tech conferences is usually ...

Emma Sulkowicz Created Rape-Referencing Video - artnet News
Watch the video that Emma Sulkowicz allegedly created, which alludes to rape, and seems to build on her controversial mattress performance.

A quick guide to referencing
Back in March as part of a series on Blog Ethics I wrote about Attribution where due , but in light of all the recent noise about spam blogs, ...

Man Arrested for Throwing Books While Referencing Scripture in Lakewood Church Store
A man was taken into custody for tossing books and knocking displays down all while referencing a particular scripture in Lakewood Church's book ...

“Tesla Crash” Website — Connecticut Auto Dealers Association Makes Anti-Tesla Website Referencing Content ...
... it simply can’t be helped. Case in point: the Connecticut Auto Dealers Association recently put together a new anti-Tesla website referencing ...