Re: Composite Datawindow Report (Cut off on printing)

I have one main datawindow which has 10 datawindows.  One of
the datawindows has a field which has more than 10,000
characters.  When I go to preview my main datawindow, on
page 4 of 10 the text filed which has more than 10,000
characters is being cut off at the top of the page(The text
field is on a deatil band). Half of the text remains on 3rd
page and half on 4th page. The header and footer print
properly.  Can anyone tell me if this is a Powerbuiler 7 bug
or not?  Any help would be greately appreciated.
0
Oliver

Please post your messages in only one news group.

thanks
John
Team Sybase

<Oliver> wrote in message news:3f5c8628.3b33.846930886@sybase.com...
> I have one main datawindow which has 10 datawindows.  One of
> the datawindows has a field which has more than 10,000
> characters.  When I go to preview my main datawindow, on
> page 4 of 10 the text filed which has more than 10,000
> characters is being cut off at the top of the page(The text
> field is on a deatil band). Half of the text remains on 3rd
> page and half on 4th page. The header and footer print
> properly.  Can anyone tell me if this is a Powerbuiler 7 bug
> or not?  Any help would be greately appreciated.

0
John

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Cut off on printing)
I have one main datawindow which has 10 datawindows. One of the datawindows has a field which has more than 10,000 characters. When I go to preview my main datawindow, on page 4 of 10 the text filed which has more than 10,000 characters is being cut off at the top of the page(The text field is on a deatil band). Half of the text remains on 3rd page and half on 4th page. The header and footer print properly. Can anyone tell me if this is a Powerbuiler 7 bug or not? Any help would be greately appreciated. I'll guess that it is a bug. For a long time the DW has not been good at ...

Composite report print/print preview cutting last line of multi-page report
I have a Composite report and I am using 8.01. The report is multipage. At the end of each page the last sentence of the page get truncated. For example, When you are at the end of page 1, the last line will get printed half on page 1 and half on page 2.. You can see this effect in print Preview also. Is this a problem?? HOw to resolve it.. Thanks in advance. Pramod pramodrane@hotmail.com Do you have a real large autoheight column in there? It's a known issue (not bug) when you have very large autoheight columns (those that span page breaks). I've had succ...

Re: Nested Datawindow Report (Datawindow Printing)
Does anyone know if this problem has been corrected in PB 8 or 9? Please advise. I am currently using PB 7. Problem: In case of large text fields, PowerBuilder not printing the Data correctly. Lines are cut in half and also not printing last few lines . This is happening on nested datawindow. Here is the link to the original documentation: http://info.sybase.com/resolution/detail.stm?id_number=10938800 Original documentation :-) states that this is not a bug but expected behaviour, so what kind of "correction" do you expect? pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip ...

Printing composite DW resets datawindow.zoom on nested reports
Hi, I have a problem with composite DW. In composite DW I have nested report, named for example dw_data. I set zoom on dw_data for example to 200: datawindowchild dwchild dw_1.GetChild('dw_data',dwchild) dwchild.Modify('datawindow.zoom=200') It's all OK. But when I then print DW by using dw_1.print() then zoom of dwchild is automaticly set back to 100. Is this a PB bug or I am doing something wrong? R Kazimir rkazimir@centrum.cz ...

printing a datawindow report of web applicaition in PowerBuilder 11.5
Hi, I have deployed my appliction in web based using powerbuilder 11.5. I acknowledge that print option will not function as window based, it will first save as PDF file in server and then through Print file manage we can see or take print. Print file manager which is showing in web page after pressing print button of application, showing error as could not "SaveAS did not complete successfully, return code is : -1 ", Even though same code "dw_1.print(false)" is working. I want to know that I will have to change in code or need any configuration or pdf writer s...

re: PB 7.02 -Crash after printing composite datawindow containing blob
Hi, We just migrated our code to PB 7.02(with latest patch) and are having a weird problem. We have a composite datawindow that contains two datawindow with blobs in them. Now when we print that composite datawindow and close the window, the application crashes. We debugged it and it crashes somewhere in the destructor event of one of the datawindow control. If you close the window without printing it works fine.Another thing I should mention as well is that we do some updates when we print. We thought maybe the composite dw got corrupted so we created a brand new one but got the sam...

composite report datawindow
Is it possible to programatically modify the syntax of a datawindow in composite report? We'd like to provide the syntax from the database (rather than the pbd) at runtime. Yes. For composite reports you can use getchild() and/or dot notation. Use Dejanews to find several examples. Or repost with what you are trying to do. Dawn > Is it possible to programatically modify the syntax of a > datawindow in composite report? We'd like to provide the > syntax from the database (rather than the pbd) at > runtime. > > ...

Printing Composite Datawindows
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. --------------B7CE1B95EC482C277FFCA36C Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Anyone out there noticed problems with composite datawindows and footers? We have a report with 3 datawindows on it...a header, detail and footer. The footer is quite large and sometimes overlaps the detail lines for a certain range before it gets kicked onto the next page. It's almost as if pb assumes the footer will be only one row deep. Any help will be appreciated. Thanx, Jith Paul. -- ____________...

printing composite datawindows
Hello We have created a report that uses composite datawindows. Something like : data of the world that contains a DW for data of the continents that contains a DW for the data about the countries on that continent that contains ... When this report is printed we noticed two things : - Sometimes the bottom line is split between two pages : the characters are split horizontally in two : the upper part is printed on the first page, the lower part on the next page. It's like if it was printed on a long sheet of paper, and then the paper was cut into A4 format sheets. - Each data...

Printing composite report
I have a composite report that contains 6 data windows. 3 of the datawindows are set up as a group report to print in 3 newspaper colums. Each have a header and no footer. The group field is set to supress repeating values. When I print the dw outside the composite report it prints fine. When I print it within the coposite report, the group field in the second and third columns prints in the header area of the page instead of underneath the header. I have tried supressing print in newpaper, but then the next group field won't print won't print in column 2 & 3. Anyone ...

Printing A Composite DataWindow
I'm trying to print a composite datawindow that has 3 nested datawindow. There are no controls on the composite window, other than the 3 nested dataswindows. When I try to print the composite, I only get a blank page. How do I get the composite datawindow to print with the nested reports displayed? Thanks, Dave Pardon the obvious, does it display with data? Do other DW print OK on the same printer? Any unusual fonts or colors? -- Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit...

Printing Composite report
I have a composite report that contains 6 data windows. 3 of the datawindows are set up as a group report to print in 3 newspaper colums. Each have a header and no footer. The group field is set to supress repeating values. When I print the dw outside the composite report it prints fine. When I print it within the coposite report, the group field in the second and third columns prints in the header area of the page instead of underneath the header. I have tried supressing print in newpaper, but then the next group field won't print won't print in column 2 & 3. Anyone ...

DataWindow composite reports
Hi I have been struggling with composite DataWindow reports. Those work fine until I want to save them to .psr files or insert those into Microsoft Word. Saving such reports to .psr files fails in most cases because when those are opened scaling of fields and objects in the composite reports becomes totally crazy. Putting such reports into Word ( by using <Insert>+<Object> menu items and then selecting "Powersoft Report") works until I try to put a composite report, then scaling goes all wrong, graphs become huge in size other fields become tiny etc.. This seems ...

Composite Datawindow Printing
How do I print composite dw's that have more than one level of nesting? We are printing via a service I wrote (rather than the provided dw.print() routine) which makes all reports look the same (standard header, logo, page x of y, etc). The service uses one dw that contains the standard header. To print one or more dw's that make up a report, you send an array of dw's to the service which then creates nested dw's in the "header" dw in the same order as the array. Data is then shared from each dw in the array to the nested (child) dw's in the composi...

Web resources about - Re: Composite Datawindow Report (Cut off on printing) - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo