Problems with Powerbuilder accesing an Acces Database via ODBC

I've developed an application with PB60, under windows NT Wk. 4.0
I compiled it and tested it under WNT Wrokstation 4.0 and it worked fun.
Afetr it, I re-compiled and regenerated the application under W95, and when
I tried to execute the .exe file compiled, I couldn�t acces the database,
and I catched this error when trying to connect the SQLCA:
"DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current Instalation".
Moreover, if I run the application with the "RUN" painter, it works ok!

I get the parameters to connect from an .INI file, which is in the same
directory that the application, and the ODBC Dsn is properly created. I
don�t really know what to do!.

Could someone please help me?

Fabian Goncalves

0
Fabian

With all ODBC you need to either A manually set up the ODBC control (through
the control panal) or B buy a third party deployment kit to do this.  There are
many things that you have to change if you are going to set up this by the
means of a script or somthing.  I would suggest that you manually do this.  If
you do choose to change and try to automat this remember that you must change
many ini files and the registry.

--
Kenneth A. Drendel
kdrendel@Hotmail.com

0
Ken
9/22/1999 10:36:04 PM
Ken, after sending personally to you a mail, I tried again with my
application.
The problem is still here....I think that it`s a problem with W95 ODBC
Driver, because it`s properly configurated in the control panel, the
application has an .ini file where I set the SQLCA parameters, and the SQLCA
is also correctly setted up.
And it`s all the same....the compiled version works ok under NT workstation
but not under W95-98...I dont know...
I`m tryin` not to give up with this problem....

Ken Drendel <kdrendel@hotmail.com> escribi� en el mensaje de noticias
37E959D4.ECA487F6@hotmail.com...
> With all ODBC you need to either A manually set up the ODBC control
(through
> the control panal) or B buy a third party deployment kit to do this.
There are
> many things that you have to change if you are going to set up this by the
> means of a script or somthing.  I would suggest that you manually do this.
If
> you do choose to change and try to automat this remember that you must
change
> many ini files and the registry.
>
> Fabian Goncalves wrote:
>
> > I've developed an application with PB60, under windows NT Wk. 4.0
> > I compiled it and tested it under WNT Wrokstation 4.0 and it worked fun.
> > Afetr it, I re-compiled and regenerated the application under W95, and
when
> > I tried to execute the .exe file compiled, I couldn�t acces the
database,
> > and I catched this error when trying to connect the SQLCA:
> > "DBMS ODBC is not supported in your current Instalation".
> > Moreover, if I run the application with the "RUN" painter, it works ok!
> >
> > I get the parameters to connect from an .INI file, which is in the same
> > directory that the application, and the ODBC Dsn is properly created. I
> > don�t really know what to do!.
> >
> > Could someone please help me?
> >
> > Fabian Goncalves
>
> --
> Kenneth A. Drendel
> kdrendel@Hotmail.com
> Icq# 34027019

0
Fabian

Powerbuilder database configuration problem
Recently I was given some source code that uses a Sybase SQL Anywhere database as its back end. I can view the source code but if I try and go into a data window Powerbuilder is not connecting to this database, rather I believe it trys to go to the Powerbuilder example database. The database that corresponds to the source code mentioned was not originally created on my machine. How can I configure Powerbuilder to recognize a database that was not originally created on that machine? Thanks in Advance. What you want to do is configure an ODBC datasource for that database...

PowerBuilder and Oracle-ODBC problem
Hello, we are getting wrong number values back from the database (using Datawindows) when using Oracle's ODBC-driver version 2.x. This doesn't happen with the 1.15 version. Is this a known bug? Is there a workaround for it? We use PB 5.0.02 and Oracle 7.3 TIA, Roland -- = \ // Dipl.-Ing. Roland M=FChlberger \ // mailto:Roland.Muehlberger@systema.co.at \// SYSTEMA Human Information Systems // Tel. +43 7252 587 1662, Fax +43 7252 587 600 // http://www.systema.co.at Can you be a bit more specific. Exactly which Oracle ODBC drive...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Powerbuilder 6.0 database problem!
Dear all, Since I need to export the data in our database in order to take it process in other machine in the future, we decide to export it to a text file first, then call this database through powerbuilder again. But how to do it? I have tried to use datawindow to retrieve the data that we need first and save into a "CSV" format file, but when I use the Intersolv text driver and successfully connect it to my powerbuilder, I find that I can only see the tables in the database, but I can't open it out to see the records. the error message is "table xxx has no colu...

Problems with comments in the PowerBuilder database painter
I am having a problem with the database painter in PowerBuilder 7.03. When I use eithe the // or the /* */ comments in the database painter, it seems to ignore the comments and run the commented text. This used to work fine and ignore the commented text but all of a sudden it started ignoring the comment. For instance, if I commented out the line //select * from {table_name} it would return the results as if there was no comment there. Did I change a setting somewhere or is there something else that could have caused this? Many thanks in advance!!! Todd Nirenstein ...

Powerbuilder 6.0 database problem!
Dear all, Since I need to export the data in our database in order to take it process in other machine in the future, we decide to export it to a text file first, then call this database through powerbuilder again. But how to do it? I have tried to use datawindow to retrieve the data that we need first and save into a "CSV" format file, but when I use the Intersolv text driver and successfully connect it to my powerbuilder, I find that I can only see the tables in the database, but I can't open it out to see the records. the error message is "table xxx has no colu...

problem with powerbuilder and ODBC lotus notes
Hello, I am programmeur in Powerbuilder 5.0.03 and I develop at this time a program that has to send a text file of more of 254 bytes in the field Body of the table Memo under Lotus Note 4.6. I attack this table with SQL server 6.5. My request is the following: INSERT INTO (Recipients,SendTo, Subject,Body) VALUES ('"lcl_strgRecipients,'"lcl_strgSendTo','"lcl_strgSubject"','"lcl_strgBody"' ); My variable lcl_strgBody is superior 254 bytes and when I put on the way the request, I have the message of error following: strin...

Powerbuilder 6.0 database problem!
Dear all, Since I need to export the data in our database in order to take it process in other machine in the future, we decide to export it to a text file first, then call this database through powerbuilder again. But how to do it? I have tried to use datawindow to retrieve the data that we need first and save into a "CSV" format file, but when I use the Intersolv text driver and successfully connect it to my powerbuilder, I find that I can only see the tables in the database, but I can't open it out to see the records. the error message is "table xxx has no colu...

Problems with comments in the PowerBuilder database painter
I am having a problem with the database painter in PowerBuilder 7.03. When I use eithe the // or the /* */ comments in the database painter, it seems to ignore the comments and run the commented text. This used to work fine and ignore the commented text but all of a sudden it started ignoring the comment. For instance, if I commented out the line //select * from {table_name} it would return the results as if there was no comment there. Did I change a setting somewhere or is there something else that could have caused this? Many thanks in advance!!! Todd Nirenstein Todd....

Connect to Access with Powerbuilder via ODBC
I'm unable to connect to my Access 97 database using Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE: S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger]Program type out of range. Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent vuv@gte.net ...

Connecting to Access from Powerbuilder via ODBC
I am unable to connect to my Access 97 database from Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444. The error I'm getting is: SQLSTATE = S1003 [Microsoft][ODBC Driver Manger] Program type out of range Any help would be appreciated. Thank you. Vincent Vu vuv@gte.net I have the same problem to connect MS Access 2000 by using PowerBuilder 6.5. Do you have any solution to help me? if you have any solution please send e-mail to me. Thanks, E-mail: thomas_chow@wkk.com.hk ...

Problem connecting PowerBuilder to Access Database
Hello I try to connect Powerbuilder 8.0.3 to Access Database, but it can let me edit data in tables. Configuration is: // Profile access SQLCA.DBMS = "OLE DB" SQLCA.LogId = "admin" SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "PROVIDER='Microsoft.Jet.OLEDB.4.0',DATASOURCE='c:\neptuno.mdb'" Why I can do this? Thank you. There have been problems with detemrining Access primary keys. When a PK cannot be determined or is undefined, PB will, by default, assume that the table is not updateable. You can override this in the update ...

Web resources about - Problems with Powerbuilder accesing an Acces Database via ODBC - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles