problems printing a report in a file instead of to the printer

Hi everybody.

	I don't know what happens when i trying to print one report in a file
instead of sending it directly to the printer. Here is what i do:
	I hace created temp.dat before.

dw_1.Modify("Datawindow.Print.Filename = 'c:\pedidos\temp.dat'")

After this nothing is the content of the file "temp.dat".

What's wrong?, What i'm doing bad?. Please i need your help.

			Albert Ortu�o (infalb@iata.csic.es)
0
Albert

I believe you still need to have the "Generic/Text Only" printer driver
selected as your default printer.  This setting you have done merely
makes that the defualt filename it will create.

HTH
Albert Ortu�o wrote:

> Hi everybody.
>
>         I don't know what happens when i trying to print one report in a file
> instead of sending it directly to the printer. Here is what i do:
>         I hace created temp.dat before.
>
> dw_1.Modify("Datawindow.Print.Filename = 'c:\pedidos\temp.dat'")
>
> After this nothing is the content of the file "temp.dat".
>
> What's wrong?, What i'm doing bad?. Please i need your help.
>
>                         Albert Ortu�o (infalb@iata.csic.es)
0
Dave

Printing to file instead of printer
PB release - 6.5 Environment - Windows NT In the past, (pb 5.04 16 bit) we have been able to set the file name for the print.property of a datawindow/ datastore with the following command: dw_1.object.datawindow.print.filename = 'filename' in order to print to a file instead of printing to a printer. When a dw_1.print() command was issued the resulting print output was contained within the predefined filename. Now that we have migrated to pb 6.5 (32 bit), what we see is the immediate printing of the Data Window to the printer. The file specified in the dw_1.object.dat...

Problem reporting printing problems
Name: Michael Kamrath Email: mikekamrathatgmaildotcom Product: Minefield Summary: Problem reporting printing problems Comments: http://www.co.pierce.wa.us/pc/services/lawjust/juryservicespecifics.htm#PARKING Tried to print selection, but it only printed the header. Print selection from Mozilla website worked fine. Tried "Report broken website" feature. It's still sending ............................. Browser Details: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:1.9a8pre) Gecko/2007082705 Minefield/3.0a8pre ...

Print report to a PCL or other printer file type
We are adding some faxing capability to our software and we would like to directly fax a report without user intervention, but the fax server software needs to be sent a file in one of the following formats in order to make a WYSIWYG: TIFF PCL Postscript Epson I know you cannot use "File Save As" because it saves the data, not the report output. I am looking for a way to "Print" the report and capture it it the proper format with a minimum number of Windows API calls. If I can figure this one out we will have to manually create a text file with PB and ...

Problem printing a text file from PB8.0 on a PCL printer
Hello, I have to print a text file I generated from PB. I'm currently using this code : ----------------------------------------------------- long printJob string fileName, stringToPrint int file printJob = printOpen() if printJob <> -1 then file = fileOpen(fileName, LineMode!) do while fileRead(file, stringToPrint) <> -100 Print(ll_printJob, stringToPrint) loop end if fileClose(file) printClose(printJob) ----------------------------------------------------- It is working quite well on any PostScript printer (only tested on HP printe...

problem in printing crystal report without viewing it (with default printer)
hi guys:     i am working on a web application that needs to print crsytal report directly without opening it in the report viewer. for that purpose i put a print button on my web page. The problem is that when i run my project from VS 2008 on local machine in development enviornment that button works perfectly and report is printed from the default printer. But when i deployed it on my local network through IIS and access the print page from the same or any other machine print button do not work and  following error is shown:-"Sys.WebForms.PageRequestManagerServerEx...

Printing to a file and then sending the file to the printer.
Hi all, I'm using PB 8. I am saving the contents of the datawindow to a printer file by specfying 'Print.Filename' property of the datawindow. How do I send that file to the printer. Since the printer file is a bunch of printer commands, I can't send it as an ASCII file because it prints the ASCII contents of the file. I tried using dos prompt to 'copy' and 'type' commands to send the file to the printer and it didn't work. Would someone tell me how can I send a file like this to a printer. I would really appreciate any help. Thanks Junaid...

How to "Print" contents of a datawindow to a file/clipboard instead of a printer
I'm trying to let users copy the output to a file so that they can attach it to their e-mail and send it out. The methods I used (SaveAS, Copy, etc.) only include data but not the design format of the data window object. Essentially, I want the printed output to go to some other medium instead of the printer. Is that doable? Thanks in advance. Have you considered generating a PDF document? PDF will retain all the formatting attributes of the datawindow and can be accessed by anyone running the freely available Acrobat Reader software from Adobe. SDN (see link below) has a PB...

Page Numbering Problem in PowerBuilder 6.0 Nested Reports Printing
I am using PowerBuilder 6.0. I have a report that is nested 3 deep. The top level report is grouped on several columns. When the second level report spans pages the page numbering does not work correctly when the report is printed. I am using the general: "Page " + Page() + " of " + PageCount() format in the footer section of the top level report. If the main report goes to multiple pages on grouping without the subreport spanning pages the numbering works correctly. Printing is done from script using dwobject.print(False). If there are 5 pages and...

output crystal report directly to printer, or, printing pdf file in background
does anyone know how to output crystal report directly to printer, or, printing pdf file in background?  Please help me. I use the following code to export the report to a pdf and open the pdf.'This subroutine receives rptName and exports the report to PDF and returns the content type and 'the full report path back to the calling program to open the reportPublic Sub ExportReport(ByVal rptName As String, _ByRef rptPath As String, _ByRef docContentType As String)Dim dfdoRpt As New CrystalDecisions.Shared.DiskFileDestinationOptionsDim refQuoteRpt As New rptQuoteMasterDim exportDi...

Problem printing to Line Printer (Printronix Printer)
Hi ... I got problem printing when I can't print from datawindows (use command dw_1.print()) to line printer (model Printronix via print server AXIS560). This printer I can print through windows base application like word, notepad and also web pages. And the datawindows has no problem printing to laser printer or dot matrix printer. I suspect, maybe datawindows doesn't support line printer like this or I some setting need to perform ... anybody can help me .. TQ. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Big problem! dw.print cannot print mirrored reports?
I have managed PB8 (win2000) to show (data)windows mirrored (for a hebrew version; with SetProcessDefaultLayout(1)) Even a created report is shown mirrored (with SetWindowLongA ...) But: When I print this report it is not mirrored! Why? How can that be? B. Venzke PS: From the PB8-help: "Printed output uses the same fonts and layout that appear on screen for the DataWindow object." I have hoped so... but only hoped ;( ...

Printing report from ASp.net print button on a laser printer
Dear all I am fallen in a thorny problem, i want to print a document when i click a button. what code should i use so that i can get the type of printer and the moment i press the print button , it should print the doc on the paper. Any help in this regard will be higly solicited. Sohail Printing is probably one of the worst things implemented on the web because you really don't have any control over it at all. Printing occurs client side and all you can really do is launch the client side print dialog via javascript:window.print(). Getting header/footer/printer type informatio...

Print and print preview file on the website without using the File
Hi everyone, Is there any source code or help I can use to print and print preview my file on the IE and print the file using my own command instead of using the IE Print command. Please do reply me. Your help is greatly appreciated. Best regards....

Report
again, I post this: I have a problem with printing reports. (I work with PB 8.0.3 Build 9907) I have 2 different Reports... One (A) has a picture in the header and it's shown when I open the report in a window. after the retrieve sometimes you can still see the pic sometimes it's disappeared. and the same with printing the report. Sometimes the pic is on the output, somtimes not. e.g. when I retrieve the data you can still see the pic. then I print the report and the pic is not on the output and it also disappeared from the report in the dw control. the other rep...

Web resources about - problems printing a report in a file instead of to the printer - sybase.powerbuilder.general

More to Slater & Gordon's problems than just the UK
As Slater &amp; Gordon comes under increasing pressure, questions are being asked when the company's problems actually began.

This one app could solve your most frustrating home Wi-Fi problems
So you've just set up your home Wi-Fi network but for some reason you're having trouble getting your PC to connect to the network. It could very ...

This 1-minute visualization on space junk reveals a serious problem
... will completely obliterate a satellite and turn it into hundreds of smaller pieces. As you can imagine, this only exacerbates the problem because, ...

Southwest flight reports gear problem, burns fuel before landing attempt
Crews at Oakland International Airport are standing by on "yellow alert" for return of Chicago-bound flight

Far from smelling like a Rose, Bulls' problems go deeper than chemistry
There is a lot of chemistry talk circulating about the suddenly floundering Bulls, but Chicago's problems go much deeper than that.

Engine problem sends Virginia-bound plane back to New York
... shortly after takeoff. A spokesman for the FAA says the crew of Commutair Flight 3585 declared an emergency because of an "engine-related problem" ...

IT pros brace for lost devices, access problems, on-call holidays
More than half (56%) of IT pros will be on-call or working during the holidays to troubleshoot tech problems, according to network management ...

Jeb Steps In It: 'The Problem With The Confederate Flag Isn't The Confederacy'
... he's explaining the Confederate flag. To Jeb, we shouldn't be so offended by the Confederacy, but just what it meant later. TPM : "The problem ...

Top 11 Problems Plaguing Solar And Wind Power
Wind and solar power will have to resolve these 11 fundamental issues before they can "fix" global warming.