problem with dw and a stored procedure

Hi all!

I'm using a dw with an SP as data source. In design the dw retrieves data
perfectly, but at run time I get this error:

5 Select error: ct_bind(): user api layer: external error: An illegal value
of 15 given for parameter item.

I'm using the same parameters in design and run time.
Any idea about this?

thanks in advance.

PB 8.0.4
ASE 11.92
Win XP

0
Seicom
6/13/2006 4:16:27 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

In design mode you are using a different database profile
then at run time.  You can try a few things:

change the DBParm to set staticbind=0.  It is probably set
in the database profile during design (it is in the
Transaction tab)
ex: SQLCA.DBParm =
"ConnectString='DSN=Invent;UID=dba;PWD=sql',StaticBind=0,DisableBind=1"

and/or find out what is causing the error.  To do this
recreate the datawindow from the stored procedure (no
formating just basic) and compare the source code with the
dw that is not working.  There is probably an incorrect
field length for the columns or arguments to the stored
procedure.

> Hi all!
>
> I'm using a dw with an SP as data source. In design the dw
> retrieves data  perfectly, but at run time I get this
> error:
>
> 5 Select error: ct_bind(): user api layer: external error:
> An illegal value  of 15 given for parameter item.
>
> I'm using the same parameters in design and run time.
> Any idea about this?
>
> thanks in advance.
>
> PB 8.0.4
> ASE 11.92
> Win XP

0
Dawn
6/13/2006 6:11:34 PM
You can also turn on db tracing and see the exact sp call and see what might
be wrong.

steve
[TeamSybase]

<Dawn T Brown Eyes[TeamSybase]> wrote in message
> In design mode you are using a different database profile
> then at run time.  You can try a few things:
>
> change the DBParm to set staticbind=0.  It is probably set
> in the database profile during design (it is in the
> Transaction tab)
> ex: SQLCA.DBParm =
> "ConnectString='DSN=Invent;UID=dba;PWD=sql',StaticBind=0,DisableBind=1"
>
> and/or find out what is causing the error.  To do this
> recreate the datawindow from the stored procedure (no
> formating just basic) and compare the source code with the
> dw that is not working.  There is probably an incorrect
> field length for the columns or arguments to the stored
> procedure.
>

>> Hi all!
>>
>> I'm using a dw with an SP as data source. In design the dw
>> retrieves data  perfectly, but at run time I get this
>> error:
>>
>> 5 Select error: ct_bind(): user api layer: external error:
>> An illegal value  of 15 given for parameter item.
>>
>> I'm using the same parameters in design and run time.
>> Any idea about this?
>>
>> thanks in advance.
>>
>> PB 8.0.4
>> ASE 11.92
>> Win XP

0
Steve

Stored procedure DW problem
Hi all, PB 12.1 Net (6639), SQL Server 2005, SNC. Stored procedure DW hangs PB (IDE not respond) when I try retrieve. When I run app and retrieve on this dw hangs app too. I try SQLNCLI10 and SQLNCLI. The same DW on PB 12.1 classic works OK. In trace log I see PB not set parameters for procedure. On retrieve dialog I set sBarcodeId to 24059589 but in trace log I see sBarcodeId = 0. My trace log : (15e5fce8): DIALOG CONNECT TO TRACE SNC SQL NATIVE CLIENT(OLE DB): (15e5fce8): LOGID=... (15e5fce8): SERVER=... (15e5fce8): DBPARM=Database='...',Provider='SQLNCLI...

DW and stored procedure problem
Hi! We have problem with sp as datawindow source. Server: Sybase 11.9.2 Linux, PowerBuilder 7.0.2 When I create dw I get message from PowerBuilder "Cannot create DataWindow SQLSTATE = 37000 [INTERSOLV][ODBC SQL Server driver][SQL Server] Incorrect syntax near '='. 1 execute dbo.test1;0 RETURN_VALUE =:RETURN_VALUE" SP: CREATE PROCEDURE dbo.test1 AS BEGIN select message from load_log END If anybody knows what it means and how can I fix it, please respond Thanx. ...

Stored Procedure
I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 parameters (2 are optional) but when executing a retrieve (para1, para2, para3, para4) I don't obtain any result The SP is executed OK in mode interactive What's the problem? Thanks Alejandro Check in detail the value of each one of your parameters. If one of them is NULL, is probably thay your SP doesn't work. Good Luck, Javier Barbieri "Alejandro G�mez" <agomez@ucv.cl> wrote in message news:emM3DATwAHA.157@forums.sybase.com... > I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 pa...

Stored Procedure
I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 parameters (2 are optional) but when executing a retrieve (para1, para2, para3, para4) I don't obtain any result The SP is executed OK in mode interactive What's the problem? Thanks Alejandro Check in detail the value of each one of your parameters. If one of them is NULL, is probably thay your SP doesn't work. Good Luck, Javier Barbieri "Alejandro G�mez" <agomez@ucv.cl> wrote in message news:emM3DATwAHA.157@forums.sybase.com... > I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 pa...

DW-Stored Procedure Problem
Retrieving a PB7 DataWindow from a MS SQL Server 7.0 Stored Procedure. I am running PowerBuilder 7.0 and using Microsoft SQL Server 7.0 as my Back-end. I have written a Stored procedure in SQL Server which accepts two arguments and returns a set of rows after a set of processing. But my Problem is when I create the DataWindow Object in PB7 it shows a "Data Conversion error" after the final step of the DW object creation wizard. This error does not come up if I check the Manual Result set option in the Wizard. But when I do so I don't get the output and also I am una...

Stored Procedure
I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 parameters (2 are optional) but when executing a retrieve (para1, para2, para3, para4) I don't obtain any result The SP is executed OK in mode interactive What's the problem? Thanks Alejandro Check in detail the value of each one of your parameters. If one of them is NULL, is probably thay your SP doesn't work. Good Luck, Javier Barbieri "Alejandro G�mez" <agomez@ucv.cl> wrote in message news:emM3DATwAHA.157@forums.sybase.com... > I have a DW based on a SP which requests 4 pa...

problem in executing the stored procedure from powerbuilder
i have a stored procedure in sybase as follows. create procedure p_tes_update_open_seats @class_id int, @enroll_cnt int, @ret_value int output as Declare @capacity int, @open_seats int Select @capacity = capacity From classes Where class_id = @class_id Select @open_seats = @capacity - @enroll_cnt Update classes Set open_seats = @open_seats Where class_id = @class_id if @@error !=0 Begin Select @ret_value = -1 End else Begin Select @ret_value = 1 End i wanted to execute the above procedure, so i wrote like the code as follows in powerbuilde...

problem while running a stored procedure from powerbuilder
Hi, When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Can anyone tell me the reason for this error and how should I resolve the same? Thanks, Nataraj PS: Sybase version is 12.5 and PowerBuilder version is 8.0.3 > Hi, > > When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I > get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did > not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Type 111 is pro...

Problem with Returning a Value from a Stored Procedure to Powerbuilder
I am using Powerbuilder 6.5.1 and Sql Anywhere 6.0.3 I trying to call a Strored Procedure from within Powerbuilder.This procedure should return me a value to tell me if everything went ok in this procedure.The procedure runs but it does not return me a value back to powerbuiler. ----------------------------------------------- Here's a shorten ver of the Stored Procedure. ----------------------------------------------- Alter procedure DBA.Unbill_wkst(in d_invoice_id decimal(10),out s_ret_code char(3)) begin atomic Declare no_error exception for sqlstate value '00000...

DW-Stored procedure problem SQLServer7 and PB7
Hello all, This is a severe problem for us. Here are the details: 1. Evaluation copy of PB 7.0 from Sybase. 2. Stored procedure on MS-SQL Server 7.0 3. The System procedure sp_dbcmptlevel on the server returns the following when run on our database in the Query Analyzer: "Valid values of database compatibility level are 60, 65, or 70." So far so good. I attempt to build a simple grid (or any) dw based on a stored procedure, and get an error (can't remember the exact wording now) about datatype or data size conversion error, and I can never create a dw based on t...

Problem calling DB2 stored procedure from PowerBuilder
I am trying to call a DB2 stored procedure written in Java from my PowerBuilder 8.0.3 app. (My version of UDB is 7.2 and it resides on an AIX box.) My stored proc accepts one input parameter and does not return a result set. The procedure runs fine from DB2 Stored Procedure Builder, but I have not been able to get it to work from PowerBuilder. I have tried several different ways of calling this stored proc, and none of them have worked. I have read everything I can find on the web about this, and I'm still not sure what I'm doing wrong. I have tried creating a user object o...

PB 7 DW Stored Procedure Update Problems
Please help me with this problem. I am using PB 7.0 Build 7021, PFC and MS SQL Server 7. I have an updatable datawindow that I have defined an insert, update, and delete stored procedure through the DW Painter Rows - Stored Procedure Update. The stored procedures are executing fine, inserting, updating and deleting, unless a user defined error condition is encountered in the procedure. In this case, the procedure calls the following RAISERROR statement: RAISERROR( 50001, 1 , 1 , @error_parm1,@error_parm2 ) WITH SETERROR The value of @@error after the raiserror statement is 50001. I have tried returning the from the proc at this point with the following statements: 1. RETURN 2. SELECT @error_no = @@error RETURN @error_no 3. RETURN -1 In each of these cases, the stored procedure, works correctly, but I am not getting any indication of an error in PB. The Update statement (via PFC) and SQLCA do not indicate any errors. Any suggestions?? Thank You Mike Krutchin provided the answer - I had to raise the severity to a value > 10. Thanks ALL Valerie Peake wrote: > Please help me with this problem. I am using PB 7.0 Build 7021, PFC and > MS SQL Server 7. I have an updatable datawindow that I have defined an > insert, update, and delete stored procedure through the DW Painter Rows > - Stored Procedure Update. The stored procedures are executing fine, > inserting, updating and deleting, unless a user defined...

DW-Stored procedure problem SQLServer7 and PB7 #2
Hello all, This is a severe problem for us. Here are the details: 1. Evaluation copy of PB 7.0 from Sybase. 2. Stored procedure on MS-SQL Server 7.0 3. The System procedure sp_dbcmptlevel on the server returns the following when run on our database in the Query Analyzer: "Valid values of database compatibility level are 60, 65, or 70." So far so good. I attempt to build a simple grid (or any) dw based on a stored procedure, and get an error (can't remember the exact wording now) about datatype or data size conversion error, and I can never create a dw based on t...

DW-Stored Procedure problem with MS-SQL7 and PB7
Hello all, This is a severe problem for us. Here are the details: 1. Evaluation copy of PB 7.0 from Sybase. 2. Stored procedure on MS-SQL Server 7.0 3. The System procedure sp_dbcmptlevel on the server returns the following when run on our database in the Query Analyzer: "Valid values of database compatibility level are 60, 65, or 70." So far so good. I attempt to build a simple grid (or any) dw based on a stored procedure, and get an error (can't remember the exact wording now) about datatype or data size conversion error, and I can never create a dw based on t...

Problem Calling Store Procedure from Powerbuilder in PB/Jaguar architechture
----- Original Message ----- From: Naimesh Trivedi <naimesh@rajmicro.com> Newsgroups: sybase.public.easerver.powerbuilder Sent: Wednesday, August 15, 2001 3:13 PM Subject: Re: Calling Stored Procudure in 3-tier in Powerbuilder/JaguarCTS architechture > Hello Mark, > > Thanx for ur prompt response. Foll. error is coming > > Error ORA-24321 (Zero Iteration count) If done using sqlca syntax shown > below & Stored Procedure does not > execute or no row returns (the test sp inserts one row in one table - hard > coded for testing purpose) > &...

Problem with sqlpreview with dw using stored procedure update in PB7
pb7 documentation states that returning a value of 2 in sqlpreview event of a datawindow, skips the executing of the current sql statement. however, it seems that this is ignored if your datawindow uses stored procedure update. the stored procedure gets executed regardless of the return value. can anyone please help me how should i correct this? thanks in advance. > pb7 documentation states that returning a value of 2 in > sqlpreview event of a datawindow, skips the executing of > the current sql statement. however, it seems that this is > ignored if your datawindow u...

Stored Procedure w/ Temp table problem in DW painter
Okay, I've not seen this problem before and we use temp tables pretty frequently in StoredProcedures. We are in the early stages of constructing an MSSQL 7.0 based system and we are actually building our first stored procedure that does any kind of work. The stored procedure has a temp table in it and works perfectly. But when I go to PB 7.0.3 build 10009, create a new tabular dw, w/ the sp as the source, I don't get any columns for my result set. If I try a manual result set and do it myself, PB blows up when I try to retrieve... But if I eliminate the temp table as the re...

DW using stored procedure updates has problems when using ole-db
I'm still suffering in trying to use OLE-Db for my application rather than MSSQL driver. here is my Stored Proc parameter definition ALTER PROCEDURE usp_vtk_program_insert @program_id int OUTPUT, @program_grp_id int, @program_name varchar(50), @program_type_id int, @manufacturer_id int, @start_date datetime, @end_date datetime, @locked_ind int, @active_ind int, @contact_fname varchar(50)= NULL, @contact_lname varchar(50) =NULL, @contact_address1 varchar(50) =NULL, @contact_address2 varchar(50) =NULL, @contact_city varchar(50) =NULL, @contact_state varchar(2) =NULL...

Calling a stored procedure inside another stored procedure (or "nested stored procedures")
Hi all - I'm trying to optimized my stored procedures to be a bit easier to maintain, and am sure this is possible, not am very unclear on the syntax to doing this correctly.  For example, I have a simple stored procedure that takes a string as a parameter, and returns its resolved index that corresponds to a record in my database. ie exec dbo.DeriveStatusID 'Created' returns an int value as 1 (performed by "SELECT statusID FROM statusList WHERE statusName= 'Created')  but I also have a second stored procedure that needs to make reference to&n...

DB2 V4 STORED STORED PROCEDURE AND POWERBUILDER
I have finally been able to call a stored procedure written in cobol from powerbuilder 6. But I still got some problem . The call will work only if I initialize the output parameter to space (80) because the output parameter of the stored procedure is char(80) . Here is a sample that works. string ls_literal_OUTMSGF string ls_literal_RQT Ls_literal_RQT = 'I' ls_literal_OUTMSGF = space(80) SQLCA.TESTPROC (ls_literal_RQT, ls_literal_OUTMSGF ) If I initialize the output variable like the following statements. It bombs.(communication error) setnull ( ls_literal_OUTMSGF...

Problem with using Oracle stored procedure to create DW in PB 5.0.0.2
Hi, Using PB 6.0, I can create datawindow by using ORACLE stored procedure as datasource ( I use cursor variable as IN OUT parameter ) without problem at all. But when I used PB 5.0.02, I got error message even if I use same stored procedure in same server ( Oracle version 7.3 ). This was what the error message said: "Cannot create Datawindow 'ORA - 06550: Line 1, Column 61: PLS - 00103: Encountered the symbol "14" when expecting one of the following: . () , * @ % & | = - + < / > in mod .......'" Is anyone can help me? TIA Enoch kuan...

Oracle store procedure problem using Powerbuilder and Oracle 8.0.4.0 Net
Powerbuilder version 6.0.00 / 6.5 Build 444 Oracle Net 8.0.4.0 I found there is problem with Oracle store procedure having more than 6 in parameters. I got GPF error on Window 95 and Dr. Watson error on NT. Also, I found it works find in Oracle Net 8.0.3.0. Is this a bug? Is there any new patch for this if it is a bug. Any recommendation about What version Oracle Net or SQL Net should I used for Oracle server version 8.0.4.0 (I don't think I am using any Oracle 8 new features)? Thanks in advance, Sharon Li If you use PB 6.5, you can try the new Oracle 8 driver: ftp...

Problem with using Oracle stored procedure to create datasource for DW in PB 5.0.02
Hi, Using PB 6.0, I can create datawindow by using ORACLE stored procedure as datasource ( I use cursor variable as IN OUT parameter ) without problem at all. But when I used PB 5.0.02, I got error message even if I use same stored procedure in same server ( Oracle version 7.3 ). This was what the error message said: "Cannot create Datawindow 'ORA - 06550: Line 1, Column 61: PLS - 00103: Encountered the symbol "14" when expecting one of the following: . () , * @ % & | = - + < / > in mod .......'" Is anyone can help me? TIA Enoch kuan...

Execute stored procedure from stored procedure
Hello,i need to execute a stored procedure from another stored procedure. For example:StoredProcedure1: Returns a table with columns "year" and "value".StoredProcedure2: Also returns a table with columns "year" and "value".In Stored Procedure3: I would like to use the results from StoredProcedure1 and StoredProcedure2 and join them. Can somebody give me an example how to execute a stored procedure from another one and use the result table for a new command?Kind regards and thanks,carsaw hi,first off all let me clarify here - you cannot return ta...

Web resources about - problem with dw and a stored procedure - sybase.powerbuilder.general

&#8203;When Chanelle O'Hare went searching online for a deal on potential cosmetic procedures, she could not have imagined that what she ended ...

Doctors Perform Medical Procedure On Wrong Newborn
The procedure was meant for another child.

Old Lady Lawyer: Uncivil Procedure

We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures
We need to reform the culture of law enforcement, not just the procedures by digby I have a new piece up at Salon this morning about police ...

Rescued tiger cub "Himmel" dies during medical procedure - CBS News 8 - San Diego, CA News Station ...
Alpine animal rescue sanctuary Lions, Tigers & Bears is sadly reporting Himmel, the tiger cub found roaming the streets of Hemet and rescued ...

Mix-up leads to surgical procedure on wrong baby
Tennessee mom says her newborn was mistakenly given treatment he didn't need

New Chipotle Food Safety Procedures Include Shutting Down Restaurant If Anyone Barfs
... what happened inside, but it’s pretty much exactly what you would expect: repetitive instructional videos about food safety and cleaning procedures, ...