problem with a stored procedure datawindow

I often work with datawindow based on oracle stored procedure and i never
had any problem except with one.
This datawindow works fine during 3 hours (approximately) and then becomes
invalid. The error is :
ORA-06553: PLS-707: structure non prise en charge ou erreur interne [2601]
ORA-06550: Ligne 1, colonne 16:|PL/SQL: Statement ignored|
which seems to be an internal error...

I thought it was an instance problem and i shutdown the database and
re-start it but
the problem is still the same.
Datawindow based on stored procedure used a cursor that is never closed. Can
the problem be a consequence of an opened cursor or does the datawindow
closes
it itself ?
The strangest is that my oracle instance is on NT and
i have an aother instance on UNIX that never goes wrong (with same proc of
course).

Any help is welcome....

sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

Check that your sqlnet version is the same on the NT and Unix box.  There
are known issues with open cursors, for which you need to patch both the
Oracle client and server.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

"R�gis Le Bretonnic" <rlebretonnic@webmail.alten.fr> wrote in message
> I often work with datawindow based on oracle stored procedure and i never
> had any problem except with one.
> This datawindow works fine during 3 hours (approximately) and then becomes
> invalid. The error is :
> ORA-06553: PLS-707: structure non prise en charge ou erreur interne [2601]
> ORA-06550: Ligne 1, colonne 16:|PL/SQL: Statement ignored|
> which seems to be an internal error...
>
> I thought it was an instance problem and i shutdown the database and
> re-start it but
> the problem is still the same.
> Datawindow based on stored procedure used a cursor that is never closed.
Can
> the problem be a consequence of an opened cursor or does the datawindow
> closes
> it itself ?
> The strangest is that my oracle instance is on NT and
> i have an aother instance on UNIX that never goes wrong (with same proc of
> course).
>
> Any help is welcome....

0
Terry
9/18/2000 3:16:43 PM
Versions i use
OS :
    Client : NT4, SP5 RC1.1
    Server : NT4, SP?
PB :
    7.0.2 Build 8022
DB :
    Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
    PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
    CORE Version 4.0.5.0.0 - Production
    TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
    NLSRTL Version 3.3.2.0.0 - Production

Regards.
R�gis le bretonnic

"Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca> a �crit dans le message
news: IFkfCUYIAHA.70@forums.sybase.com...
> Check that your sqlnet version is the same on the NT and Unix box.  There
> are known issues with open cursors, for which you need to patch both the
> Oracle client and server.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase
>

> "R�gis Le Bretonnic" <rlebretonnic@webmail.alten.fr> wrote in message
> > I often work with datawindow based on oracle stored procedure and i
never
> > had any problem except with one.
> > This datawindow works fine during 3 hours (approximately) and then
becomes
> > invalid. The error is :
> > ORA-06553: PLS-707: structure non prise en charge ou erreur interne
[2601]
> > ORA-06550: Ligne 1, colonne 16:|PL/SQL: Statement ignored|
> > which seems to be an internal error...
> >
> > I thought it was an instance problem and i shutdown the database and
> > re-start it but
> > the problem is still the same.
> > Datawindow based on stored procedure used a cursor that is never closed.
> Can
> > the problem be a consequence of an opened cursor or does the datawindow
> > closes
> > it itself ?
> > The strangest is that my oracle instance is on NT and
> > i have an aother instance on UNIX that never goes wrong (with same proc
of
> > course).
> >
> > Any help is welcome....

But do you have the exact same version of the sqlnet server software
(listener, protocol adaptors etc) on your Unix DB and NT DB?

--

> Versions i use
> OS :
>     Client : NT4, SP5 RC1.1
>     Server : NT4, SP?
> PB :
>     7.0.2 Build 8022
> DB :
>     Oracle8 Enterprise Edition Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
>     PL/SQL Release 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
>     CORE Version 4.0.5.0.0 - Production
>     TNS for 32-bit Windows: Version 8.0.5.0.0 - Production
>     NLSRTL Version 3.3.2.0.0 - Production
>
> Regards.
> R�gis le bretonnic
>
> "Terry Dykstra" <dontreply_tdykstra@cfol.ab.ca> a �crit dans le message
> news: IFkfCUYIAHA.70@forums.sybase.com...
> > Check that your sqlnet version is the same on the NT and Unix box.
There
> > are known issues with open cursors, for which you need to patch both the
> > Oracle client and server.
> >
> > --
> > Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> > Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.
> > MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase
> >

> > "R�gis Le Bretonnic" <rlebretonnic@webmail.alten.fr> wrote in message
> > > I often work with datawindow based on oracle stored procedure and i
> never
> > > had any problem except with one.
> > > This datawindow works fine during 3 hours (approximately) and then
> becomes
> > > invalid. The error is :
> > > ORA-06553: PLS-707: structure non prise en charge ou erreur interne
> [2601]
> > > ORA-06550: Ligne 1, colonne 16:|PL/SQL: Statement ignored|
> > > which seems to be an internal error...
> > >
> > > I thought it was an instance problem and i shutdown the database and
> > > re-start it but
> > > the problem is still the same.
> > > Datawindow based on stored procedure used a cursor that is never
closed.
> > Can
> > > the problem be a consequence of an opened cursor or does the
datawindow
> > > closes
> > > it itself ?
> > > The strangest is that my oracle instance is on NT and
> > > i have an aother instance on UNIX that never goes wrong (with same
proc
> of
> > > course).
> > >
> > > Any help is welcome....

0
Terry

Problem with stored procedure datawindow
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ------=_NextPart_000_0014_01C08078.36D407B0 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="iso-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable I have converted a datawindow that had a SQL Select to a Stored = Procedure that is retrieved on a page using the HTML generator. Now the = datawindow will not retrieve. I have tried setting the weight of the = datawindow in the dw painter to all options and still no luck. I have = even hardcoded values in the retrieveex script and the datawindow does = not return any rows. The SQL Select dat...

Datawindow against Stored Procedure problem
Has anyone had problems creating a datawindow against a database stored procedure? I have a simple stored procedure that returns a result set. When I try to create a tabular datawindow against the stored procedure, I click 'finish' and PocketBuilder simply disappears (without even the standard 'do you want to send the report to Microsoft' dialog box!). Thanks! Michael Frank ASA9 version 9.0.2 build 3044 PocketBuilder 2.0.1 build 688 I have no problems with this (I am running ASA 9.0.2.3124 in my tests). "Michael Frank" <mfrank.removeme...

Datawindow with Stored Procedure Problem
I get the message "Select error: Requested result set number 1 not found" from a datawindow when my Stored Procedure does not get a result set. It works fine when there is data returned. Normally, when no data is returned I just get zero rows returned without an error message. The Stored Procedure works fine when no data is returned outside of PB. I am using PB 7.0.2 C3 with Sybase 11. Any one have any thoughts on this one? TIA Ted Jones If you are using a datawindow, you HAVE to have a result set. That result set could contain 0 rows. If your stored procedure has a...

Stored Procedure
Hi, I created a datawindow by using stored proc as datasource in PB 6.0. Db is sqlany 5.5.04. On one machine, when I tried to retrieve same datawindow from same database, it is retrieving. But on another machine, it's giving me the error column list do not match. Is it related to pbodb60.ini file? Or with Powerbuilder profile( dbparm )? I tried to change static bind = 0 to 1, but result is same. Has anyone seen before? What is the problem? TIA -- Mahendra Dhamdhere, CPDA Email:mahendrad@hotmail.com Pl. Remove nospam_ from email id ...

Powerbuilder datawindow + stored procedure
database ASA 7 When we build a datawindow in powerbuilder we choose the table and the columns to build it. There is also the possibility to build a datawindow from a stored procedure. Is a stored procedure running faster because the database remembers the execution plan? Thanks Eric "ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote: > database ASA 7 > > When we build a datawindow in powerbuilder we choose the table and the > columns to build it. There is also the possibility to build a datawindow > from a stored procedure. > > Is a stored...

Problems with stored procedures in a datawindow
Hi- I'm using an external datawindow which uses stored procedures for insert,=20 delete and update. I always insert a row and if I want to delete or modify a row, I fill in=20 the datawindow with the corresponding information. In order to execute the = appropriate stored procedure, I change the status flags of the row to=20 DataModified! using the SetItemStatus method (and call the deleteRow()=20 method if I want to delete the row). After that, I set the transaction I=20 want the datawindow to use and call the datawindow's of=5Fupdate() method. It executes the stored p...

store procedure datawindow problem
In sybase ASE 11.5, I wrote such a store procedure: CREATE PROCEDURE up_myproc (@arg_parm1 char(40), @arg_parm2 char(40) ) AS CREATE TABLE #temp_alertlist( steprec_id decimal(18,0), ifalert char(1), type char(255), content_1 char(255) null, content_2 char(255) null, content_3 char(255) null, content_4 char(255) null, windowname char(255) null ) Insert into #temp_alertlist values(....) SELECT * FROM #temp_alertlist In pb8, I made a datawindow from this store procedure, when I preview it, it returns the correct results, but when I put this datawindow in my ...

problem with Oracle Stored procedure datawindow
Hi : I have a datawindow with a PL/SQL stored procedure that uses REF cursors. There is one block in the PL/SQL script that has its own exception handling code to essentially ignore the no_data_found condition. When this code is included the datawindow causes a GPF. IF I don't include the code the datawindow does not GPF, but the procedure ends without really completing the process and hence no data is retrieved . I am using Oracle 8i database and Powerbuilder 7.0.1 Any tips/work arounds are greatly appreciated Thanks Medha Pai Can you show some code? -- ...

problem while running a stored procedure from powerbuilder
Hi, When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Can anyone tell me the reason for this error and how should I resolve the same? Thanks, Nataraj PS: Sybase version is 12.5 and PowerBuilder version is 8.0.3 > Hi, > > When I run a Sybase stored procedure from PowerBuilder, I > get an error message as "'The parameter of type 111 did > not have a valid value". What is this parameter type 111? Type 111 is pro...

Oracle stored procedure problems with datawindows
Currently using oracle 8 and using a stored procedure as a source for a datawindow. when the procedure is asscoiated with the datawindow it comes up with an oracle error stating that the variabels have not been initalised. The stored proc has two in variables and an inout. Has any one had this problem and found a solution. I had this problem. But I was necessary execute a stored procedure from the script. When I checked my connect string to Oracle database in the connect script and my connect string in the database profile I found a solution this problem. For example: My con...

Problem in updating a stored procedure datawindow
Hi I am facing a problem while updating stored procedure datawindow. I am using PB 9 and MSSQL Server 7.0. The Stored Procedure which is fired for inserting into a table , a trigger is written on this table. Last line of trigger is creating problem is as follows - UPDATETEXT Keane_Log.details @ptrval NULL 0 WITH LOG @tmp When dw_1.Update() is issued it is giving following error - SQLDBCODE 999 ERRTEXT - Number of parameter do not agree When the above mentioned line is commented in trigger and dw_update() is fired then it is successfully updating data. Alternatively if datawin...

problem in executing the stored procedure from powerbuilder
i have a stored procedure in sybase as follows. create procedure p_tes_update_open_seats @class_id int, @enroll_cnt int, @ret_value int output as Declare @capacity int, @open_seats int Select @capacity = capacity From classes Where class_id = @class_id Select @open_seats = @capacity - @enroll_cnt Update classes Set open_seats = @open_seats Where class_id = @class_id if @@error !=0 Begin Select @ret_value = -1 End else Begin Select @ret_value = 1 End i wanted to execute the above procedure, so i wrote like the code as follows in powerbuilde...

Problem calling stored procedure for datawindow update
Hi All, I have a datawindow that uses stored procedures for update, insert, and delete. One of the arguments of the Insert stored procedure is mapped to a computed column. The problem I am having is that the Argument is of type SmallInt, and even though my computed column evaluates to a numeric value, it always tries to send the value as Varchar. If I try to access the computed column with powerscript I must use the GetItemNumber function, so I know the datawindow sees my computed column as a numeric type, so why does it convert it to Varchar to send it to the stored procedure? Is ...

Problem in creatingCROSSTAB STORED PROCEDURE datawindow thro
Hi EveryBody, Iam using ORACLE( 10g Release 2 ) and Power Builder 8 for my application through ODBC driver. Iam facing a problem in creation and a crosstab stored procedure datawindow through ODBC driver. It is giving an error message like PLS-00306: wrong number or types of arguments in call to 'SP_TESTING_STORED_PROCEDURE'. But when i use NATIVE ORACLE DRIVER for creating CROSSTAB STORED PROCEDURE DATAWINDOW, it is working fine. It is creating the datawindow and retrieving successfully. But when i used this created datawindow to retrieve data by connecting ...

Web resources about - problem with a stored procedure datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Intelligent Versus Surrogate Keys

chevy volt

Java Networking - Real's HowTo