problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5

Dear All,

I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5

The error message is:
Database transaction information not availiable.
Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function.

I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow
The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement
in the click event of the botton, the script is:

parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA)
parent.dw_1.retrieve()

Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it???

Thank You Very Much!!!

0
Lai

It seems that the database connection is not available or not successfully
connected.
Did you make sure that your application has connected successfully to your
SQL SERVER database.
You can verify that using

CONNECT USING SQLCA;
IF SQLCA.SQLCODE <>  0 THEN
    MESSAGEBOX('',SQLCA.SQLERRTEXT)
    RETURN
END IF

-Raj

"Lai" <sunnysl@sina.com.hk> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder
6.5

> The error message is:
> Database transaction information not availiable.
> Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function.
>
> I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow
> The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement
> in the click event of the botton, the script is:
>
> parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA)
> parent.dw_1.retrieve()
>
> Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it???
>
> Thank You Very Much!!!

0
RAJ
9/3/2002 11:13:57 PM
What is the return code from SetTransObject()?  Does dw_1 have a (valid)
data object set?  Are you connected to the database?
And make sure you're using PB 6.5.1 which is the first to support SQL7.

--
All views expressed in this message are my own and not necessarily those of
my employer

"Lai" <sunnysl@sina.com.hk> wrote in message
> Dear All,
>
> I have some problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder
6.5

> The error message is:
> Database transaction information not availiable.
> Call SetTrans or SetTransObject function.
>
> I have a window with 1 button and 1 datawindow
> The datawindow inside contain a SQL statement
> in the click event of the botton, the script is:
>
> parent.dw_1.SettransObject(SQLCA)
> parent.dw_1.retrieve()
>
> Can anyone tell me what is the problem? And how to solve it???
>
> Thank You Very Much!!!

0
Simon

Problems with db-library and ODBC using with MS SQL Server ver 7.0 PowerBuilder ver 6.5. And OLE-DB for Microsoft OLAP Services
There are many problems when running the aplication using the new ODBC driver for SQL ver 7. Simple, does not work. It�s any patch to this problem ? Using DB Library makes poor query plans in some case using SQL Server 7.0. It�s any path ? It�s any patch or utility to use OLE-DB for connecting Microsoft OLAP Services ? Carlos Lara darsa@solnet.com.mx ...

Connectivity of PowerBuilder 6.5 and SQL Server 7.0
Hi Guys, I need help regarding connectivity with PB 6.5 and SQL Ser. 7.0. I am getting an error message "DBMS MS Sql Server ... not supported in current installation' or 'Unable to load the requested database interface". I have required files for both the system and for PB i.e., NTWDBLIB.DLL PBMSS60.DLL but still i am not able to connect to the database. Please help. Regards, MS Check the sybase site, there is useful infor about the matter. Good Luck, Alessandro Barbieri "mahesh" <mahesh.shah@codecindia.com> wrote in message new...

PowerBuilder 6.5 and MS SQL 7.0 Connection
I'm facing a problem in connecting powerbuilder 6.5 to MS SQL 7.0 on 'Windows ME' when i try to connect to database it creates the connection without giving any error but when i try to see the tables in database painter or anywhere else it does'nt show me the tables and gives me error "SQLSTATE = S1003 [ODBC][SQLSERVER]Program type out of range" i've formatted my hard disk and again installed 'Windows ME' and other required softwares but the problem is still there, any suggessition would be worth for me. Thanks Saqib Sardar What build of...

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

Connection problem with PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to MS SQL 7
Hello, I am having a problem connecting PowerBuilder 5.0.02 to MS SQL 7. The application connects fine. The problem is when I try to create a new datawindow with a stored procedure on SQL 7. I can view all the names of the stored procedures but I can't see any of the code. I am using the odbc driver 3.07.08.20 . When I try to look at the stored procedures I get the message 'The database does not currently support retrieval of procedure text.' Everything worked fine in SQL 6.5. any help appreciated, Bruce ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- ht...

PowerBuilder 6.5.1; MS SQL Server 7.0; ODBC; Text Column
PowerBuilder 6.5.1 ODBC MS SQL Server 7.0 Text Column I can't seem to insert a String with a length of 66,000 char to a Text Column. I get a to big (999) error I've change this in the pbodb60.ini PBMaxTextSize='2147483647' and I've added DBTextLimit='100000' to my SQLCA.DBParm Any Ideas? Best Regards, Adri�n Galv�n Adrian, Do you have this problem if you use the UpdateBlob statement as well, or just with Insert ? Sanjiv. "Adrian Galvan" <Nospam_agalvan@audisys.com> wrote in message news:40896004$1@forums-1-d...

PB 7.0.1
Hi, I just found a solution for correcting the memory leak in 7.0.1, when connecting to MS SQL Server 6.5. May be this is already fixed in the latest releases. I just want to share this in case it's useful to any of you guys. When you connect to the MS SQL Server 6.5 database, be sure to have atleast something in your DBParm attribute of the DBProfile (or SQLCA transaction object at runtime). For example (SQLCA.DBParm = "AppName='IRIS',Host='ZNF9'"). In development time in the DBProfile dialog under "Network" tabpage Enter something i...

PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0
Hi, I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not work if I am connected to MS SQL Server! The code is something like: int li_total Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total; I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the same code will work fine with SQL Anywere! Any help would be great!! Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax. Maybe something that works in SQL Anywhere. Anyway, it should be: Select count(*...

PowerBuilder 5.0.3 strange problem with SQL Server 7.0
Hi, I am doing a simple select statment in a PB script, it works fine if I am connected to a SQL Anywhere DB with odbc, but the same code will not work if I am connected to MS SQL Server! The code is something like: int li_total Select count(*) from sfref into :li_total; I will not get an SQL error BUT li_total will not be updated!! Howerver the same code will work fine with SQL Anywere! Any help would be great!! Don't know why it works at all, it's not standard syntax. Maybe something that works in SQL Anywhere. Anyway, it should be: Select count(*...

Calling a MS-SQL-Server 6.5 StoredProcedure from PowerBuilder 6.0
Does anyone know if there is a difference from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0 in the native MSS SQL-Server driver by calling StoredProcedures with OUTPUT arguments. I do have the following problem: - I've got a StoredProcedures with a char, varchar(50) or even with a datetime OUTPUT argument. - In PowerBuilder I do: DECLARE sp_test PROCEDURE FOR schsp_test_char @psReturn = :sReturn OUTPUT USING SQLCA; EXECUTE sp_test; FETCH sp_test into :sReturn; CLOSE sp_test; - If I execute this statement I get the following error: Implicit conversion from datatype 'varch...

Powerbuilder 5.0/7.0 and MS SQL 7.0 Performance issues
We recently converted our app from Powerbuilder 5.0 to PB 7.0 -- the app in PB 7.0 definitely runs slower on the client PC's than it did in PB 5.0. Now we are migrating the database from MS SQL 6.5 to 7.0 SP2. We successfully converted the databases in a testing environment, but now the app runs terribly slow! I don't think it's a hardware issue -- the test box is a Compaq 8500 quad Xeon 500 w/1GB Ram. We experimented running the app as a PB 5.0 app against MS SQL 7.0 and the problem is the same. When we execute SQL directly against the DB outside of PB, we see no perf...

Connect MS-SQL 7.0 in PowerBuilder 7.0
In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? Please post to the powersoft.public.powerbuilder newsgroups This is dedicated to PB issues when used within Jaguar Masun wrote: > In PowerBuilder 6.5, I can connect MS-SQL 6.5 directly not using ODBC, but > in PowerBuilder 7.0, how can I connect MS-SQL 7.0 directly ? ...

Web resources about - problem when connecting MS SQL Server 7.0 with powerbuilder 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles