Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11

Hi,

We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts
application.  This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder
11.1 build 8204.  I am able to build the dll on my
development machine and properly register the dll on my
development machine on windows 7.

When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows
xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32.  No
error is displayed and the message box identifing that the
registration was successful is never displayed.

I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the
powerbuilder runtime packager.  I also deployed the
following powerbuilder 8 runtime files:

libjsybheap.dll
pbdwe80.dll
pblab80.ini
pbo9080.dll
pbodb80.dll
pbodb80.ini
pbrtc80.dll
pbtra80.dll
pbvm80.dll

Any idea why i would not be able to register my dll on
windows xp?

Am i missing any deployment files?

Would the migration from pb8 to pb11 have caused an issue
with registering the dll?

Thanks in advance,

Karen
0
Karen
8/5/2010 3:31:24 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 18 followers. Follow

4 Replies
1298 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 8

Hi Karen;

  Suggestion: Try running the regsvr32 utility from the DOS command prompt 
and see what it says?

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass



"Karen Bailey" wrote in message news:4c5ad94c.2e3f.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi,
>
> We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts
> application.  This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder
> 11.1 build 8204.  I am able to build the dll on my
> development machine and properly register the dll on my
> development machine on windows 7.
>
> When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows
> xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32.  No
> error is displayed and the message box identifing that the
> registration was successful is never displayed.
>
> I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the
> powerbuilder runtime packager.  I also deployed the
> following powerbuilder 8 runtime files:
>
> libjsybheap.dll
> pbdwe80.dll
> pblab80.ini
> pbo9080.dll
> pbodb80.dll
> pbodb80.ini
> pbrtc80.dll
> pbtra80.dll
> pbvm80.dll
>
> Any idea why i would not be able to register my dll on
> windows xp?
>
> Am i missing any deployment files?
>
> Would the migration from pb8 to pb11 have caused an issue
> with registering the dll?
>
> Thanks in advance,
>
> Karen 

0
Chris
8/5/2010 3:38:31 PM
Hi Chris,

I have run regsvr32 from both the command prompt and through
windows.  No difference.  No message is displayed and i
cannot access my dll in my test application.

Thanks,

Karen

> Hi Karen;
>
>   Suggestion: Try running the regsvr32 utility from the
> DOS command prompt  and see what it says?
>
> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>
>
>
> "Karen Bailey" wrote in message
> > news:4c5ad94c.2e3f.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi,
> >
> > We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts
> > application.  This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder
> > 11.1 build 8204.  I am able to build the dll on my
> > development machine and properly register the dll on my
> > development machine on windows 7.
> >
> > When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean
> > windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using
> > regsvr32.  No error is displayed and the message box
> > identifing that the registration was successful is never
> displayed. >
> > I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the
> > powerbuilder runtime packager.  I also deployed the
> > following powerbuilder 8 runtime files:
> >
> > libjsybheap.dll
> > pbdwe80.dll
> > pblab80.ini
> > pbo9080.dll
> > pbodb80.dll
> > pbodb80.ini
> > pbrtc80.dll
> > pbtra80.dll
> > pbvm80.dll
> >
> > Any idea why i would not be able to register my dll on
> > windows xp?
> >
> > Am i missing any deployment files?
> >
> > Would the migration from pb8 to pb11 have caused an
> > issue with registering the dll?
> >
> > Thanks in advance,
> >
> > Karen
>
0
Karen
8/5/2010 3:59:46 PM
I'm guessing that you're missing perhaps some of those MS dlls: msvcp71.dll, 
msvcr71.dll, gdiplus.dll

BTW, no sense in deploying those PBxxx80 files when dealing with a PB11 
application.  They are for PB8 only.

-- 
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
http://casexpress.sybase.com
product enhancement requests:
http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

<Karen Bailey> wrote in message news:4c5adff2.2ee7.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi Chris,
>
> I have run regsvr32 from both the command prompt and through
> windows.  No difference.  No message is displayed and i
> cannot access my dll in my test application.
>
> Thanks,
>
> Karen
>
>> Hi Karen;
>>
>>   Suggestion: Try running the regsvr32 utility from the
>> DOS command prompt  and see what it says?
>>
>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>
>>
>>
>> "Karen Bailey" wrote in message
>> > news:4c5ad94c.2e3f.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi,
>> >
>> > We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts
>> > application.  This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder
>> > 11.1 build 8204.  I am able to build the dll on my
>> > development machine and properly register the dll on my
>> > development machine on windows 7.
>> >
>> > When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean
>> > windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using
>> > regsvr32.  No error is displayed and the message box
>> > identifing that the registration was successful is never
>> displayed. >
>> > I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the
>> > powerbuilder runtime packager.  I also deployed the
>> > following powerbuilder 8 runtime files:
>> >
>> > libjsybheap.dll
>> > pbdwe80.dll
>> > pblab80.ini
>> > pbo9080.dll
>> > pbodb80.dll
>> > pbodb80.ini
>> > pbrtc80.dll
>> > pbtra80.dll
>> > pbvm80.dll
>> >
>> > Any idea why i would not be able to register my dll on
>> > windows xp?
>> >
>> > Am i missing any deployment files?
>> >
>> > Would the migration from pb8 to pb11 have caused an
>> > issue with registering the dll?
>> >
>> > Thanks in advance,
>> >
>> > Karen
>> 


0
Terry
8/5/2010 4:26:16 PM
Hi Terry,

I have all 3 of those dlls in my system32 directory.

Any other ideas?

Karen

> I'm guessing that you're missing perhaps some of those MS
> dlls: msvcp71.dll,  msvcr71.dll, gdiplus.dll
>
> BTW, no sense in deploying those PBxxx80 files when
> dealing with a PB11  application.  They are for PB8 only.
>
> --
> Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
> http://powerbuilder.codeXchange.sybase.com/
> http://casexpress.sybase.com
> product enhancement requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> <Karen Bailey> wrote in message
> > news:4c5adff2.2ee7.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi Chris,
> >
> > I have run regsvr32 from both the command prompt and
> > through windows.  No difference.  No message is
> > displayed and i cannot access my dll in my test
> application. >
> > Thanks,
> >
> > Karen
> >
> >> Hi Karen;
> >>
> >>   Suggestion: Try running the regsvr32 utility from the
> >> DOS command prompt  and see what it says?
> >>
> >> Regards ... Chris
> >> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> >> Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> >> SourceForge:
> http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass >>
> >>
> >>
> >> "Karen Bailey" wrote in message
> >> > news:4c5ad94c.2e3f.1681692777@sybase.com... Hi,
> >> >
> >> > We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts
> >> > application.  This dll was then migrated to
> powerbuilder >> > 11.1 build 8204.  I am able to build the
> dll on my >> > development machine and properly register
> the dll on my >> > development machine on windows 7.
> >> >
> >> > When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean
> >> > windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using
> >> > regsvr32.  No error is displayed and the message box
> >> > identifing that the registration was successful is
> never >> displayed. >
> >> > I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the
> >> > powerbuilder runtime packager.  I also deployed the
> >> > following powerbuilder 8 runtime files:
> >> >
> >> > libjsybheap.dll
> >> > pbdwe80.dll
> >> > pblab80.ini
> >> > pbo9080.dll
> >> > pbodb80.dll
> >> > pbodb80.ini
> >> > pbrtc80.dll
> >> > pbtra80.dll
> >> > pbvm80.dll
> >> >
> >> > Any idea why i would not be able to register my dll
> on >> > windows xp?
> >> >
> >> > Am i missing any deployment files?
> >> >
> >> > Would the migration from pb8 to pb11 have caused an
> >> > issue with registering the dll?
> >> >
> >> > Thanks in advance,
> >> >
> >> > Karen
> >>
>
>
0
Karen
8/5/2010 5:34:55 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

Migrating PowerBuilder 8 to Powerbuilder 11
Hi, I am migrating a PFC based Powerbuilder 8 App. to PowerBuilder 11, I am getting errors like illegal data type. for a NVO n_cst_platformwin32 i am getting a syntax error, its not allowing me to open that object. Requesting your help thanks & regards Vimal Sanghvi If you're object (or any related object) failed to migrate successfully, you won't be able to edit it in a regular painter; you'll have to Edit Source to modify it. If you're migrating, a glance through my Migration Guide (see below) may help. The methodology there would allow you to identify...

Problem registering a dll created from Powerbuilder 11.1
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b06fe15 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, I have created a dll in Powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204 on Windows Vista. I am able to build the dll without error, but i get the attached regsvr32_error.jpg when i attempt to register the dll. I have attached 3 pictures (build_general.jpg, build_objects.jpg, build_lib.jpg) representing the Build, Objects and Library tabs of the projects with my settings for building the dll. Does anyone have any idea what the...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

Conflict
I have PowerBuilder 8 enterprise in my system for my existing packages. I would like to test my packages in PowerBuilder 11 Beta version. Is there any problem if I download and install the Beta version of PowerBuilder 11, to the system which contain the PowerBuilder 8? Thanks... The beta is over, but the evaluation version is available at http://response.sybase.com/forms/WW_PB11_Eval There shouldn't be any problem with multiple versions of PB on the same machine - different folder and dll names. Many of us have run 3 or 4 different versions concurrently! <Jemson Kuriak...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder
We use PB6.5. We would want to use a DLL create from PB in a PB application. We compiled an a PBL as DLL. After we tried to use DLL in a user object external, but without success. How can we do to use DLL create from PB or use in a new PB application some object (visual and no) before compiled with PB? Any help will be appreciated. Saul.Convalle@mail.cec.it Thanks When you create a DLL from a PB library it is not really a standard Windows DLL. I'm not sure what the difference is. If you are making calls from PB then just use the standard PB calling syntax the ...

Powerbuilder 7 (NT) to Powerbuilder 8 (win2000) has migration issues
I work for a company called Stanley Associates, and we have independent applications that were created under powerbuilder. Up until recently we had been using PB7 without any problems or compilation errors. Upon creating a new workspace, adding a target, and doing the initial rebuild, we ran into several information statements and even some errors in our migration/compilation. Silly statements like window name is invalid due to global variable of same type, or incomatible types in assignment. several erorrs and information that make no sense, yet never came up in version 7. What ar...

Powerbuilder 9.0 Migration from powerbuilder 7.0.3 problem
Hi all, i was trying an migrate an powerbuilder 7.0.3 application to powerbuilder 9.0(PFC BASED APPLICATION (PFC objects version PB 6.5) ) during migration i am getting this error. tcmborrower.pbl(w_cursor_check).w_cursor_check.open.2: Error C0163: The definition of referenced global variable sqlca was improperly compiled in object trcomps Did anybody faced this kind of error? Thx Ashok JPMORGAN ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp First error message which i got during the migration is : tcmappl.pb...

Powerbuilder 8 Migration Problem
I recently migrated my application from PB7 to PB8. Now in PB8 I can not view my datawindows in graphic mode. It looks like Powerbuilder looks for columns to be in uppercase when my columns are in lowercase. If I change them (in syntax mode) it works fine. I don't want to have to do this for hundreds of datawindows. Does anyone have a good solution for this? Thanks, Terry Terry, You've posted this in the wrong forum. I would repost in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general. -- Paul A. Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vcisolutions.com <Terry...

Powerbuilder 8 Migration Problem
I recently migrated my application from PB7 to PB8. Now in PB8 I can not view my datawindows in graphic mode. It looks like Powerbuilder looks for columns to be in uppercase when my columns are in lowercase. If I change them to uppercase (in syntax mode) it works fine. I don't want to have to do this for hundreds of datawindows. Does anyone have a good solution for this? Thanks, Terry I haven't run into that problem, but have seen behaviors that you can check. I have had a problem with graphics mode depending on how the database connection was handling p...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_C...

Version of PowerBuilder (ref: Creating database for PowerBuilder)
I'm using PowerBuilder v8.0 and would like to create a notification system for my practiculum project. I'd like to use Access to create the database. Please enlighten me on what should I create (e.g. tables, queries) for the usage of it. Thank You. Regards, Yang Ashra Don't double post, it's bad etiquette. Unless you have a very good reason to do so, we recommend you don't use Access. Use SQL Anywhere instead - it's more stable - and a far better database in my opinion. PowerBuilder (enterprise) supports just about every database out there, so if you...

Dropping Distributed PowerBuilder Support in PowerBuilder 8.0
I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Target for PB8 is Q1 2001. DPB is not being enhanced but the capabilities will still be there. On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:40:03 -0400, Chuck_Kiefriter wrote: >I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to >be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? >When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Chuck, I apologize, but I gave you inac...

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Web resources about - Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

PowerBuilder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PowerBuilder is an integrated development environment owned by Sybase , a division of SAP . It has been in use since 1991, peaking around 1998 ...

Sybase PowerBuilder tool readied for Microsoft's .Net
... Win32 or newer style .Net development After several years of work, Sybase is ready to deliver on the final step in its plan to move PowerBuilder ...

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages
about dmoz - dmoz blog - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Programming/Languages Description Top : Computers : Programming ...

The HP Booth Staff (Goons) Owe Me an Apology
... when you might need to use it. For instance, when I was in the WinRunner world there were plugins for driving terminal emulators and powerbuilder ...

Contact Us - Sybase Inc
Thanks for visiting the 主页 section of Sybase.com. Here you will find information about Contact Us. For more information about Business Intelligence, ...

热门搜索 - 我的异常网
... 我的异常网 » 热门搜索 sdpnet2 移动【A111】其它用户原因鉴权失败,是什么意思啊 http:// 192.168.1.102:22578 本网站服务器位于美国,受美国法律保护 MiniUI js 破解 http://192.168.1.103:8080/ powerbuilder ...

Mobile app security: Always keep the back door locked
The best way to keep mobile apps safe is to secure the services they connect to.

10 Tech Skills That Will Instantly Net You A $100,000+ Salary
... that let's developers run Java applications. Java is highly popular language for writing web apps and custom enterprise apps. No. 8: PowerBuilder ...

Top Ranked Articles
Top Ranked Articles - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 23 Feb 2013

Resources last updated: 12/12/2015 4:15:00 AM