Problem in Windows XP but not in Windows 7

Hello,

I have installed PB 11.5 in a Windows 7. I developed an application that
connects to an Oracle database using the O10 controller. I created the
executable file and I leave it in a shared folder that other useres in
my organization can access. In this folder I copy the content of the
c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder to allow my users run the
program.

In the program there is a window that has a datawindow which insert
files in the database. In clients with windows 7 works fine, but in
clients with windows XP when I run the command

dw_1.update()

I get an error message from Oracle that says that the number is invalid.

Why works in windows 7 but not in windows xp?

Thanks.
0
ISO

Take a look at NLS_LANG settings.  (HKLM/Software/Oracle/HomeX).  I'm
guessing that the W7 machine uses a different language.  For example French
Canadian versus English Canadian gets you a different decimal separator.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"H�ctor Garcia" <hector.garcia@ivie.es> wrote in message
> Hello,
>
> I have installed PB 11.5 in a Windows 7. I developed an application that
> connects to an Oracle database using the O10 controller. I created the
> executable file and I leave it in a shared folder that other useres in my
> organization can access. In this folder I copy the content of the
> c:\program files\sybase\shared\powerbuilder to allow my users run the
> program.
>
> In the program there is a window that has a datawindow which insert files
> in the database. In clients with windows 7 works fine, but in clients with
> windows XP when I run the command
>
> dw_1.update()
>
> I get an error message from Oracle that says that the number is invalid.
>
> Why works in windows 7 but not in windows xp?
>
> Thanks.

0
Terry
5/4/2010 2:18:52 PM
Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase] escribi=F3:
> Take a look at NLS_LANG settings.  (HKLM/Software/Oracle/HomeX).  I'm=20
> guessing that the W7 machine uses a different language.  For example Fr=
ench=20
> Canadian versus English Canadian gets you a different decimal separator=
=2E
>=20

I think this is not the problem. In both windows xp and windows 7 the=20
NLS_LANG value is SPANISH_SPAIN.WE8MSWIN1252. Moreover, in the=20
SQLCA.DBParm I fix the decimal separator:

SQLCA.DBParm =3D "PBCatalogOwner=3D'xxxxxxxxx',DecimalSeparator=3D','"

Any other idea?

Thanks.
0
ISO
5/5/2010 7:00:04 AM
I upgraded to the last version of PB11.5 with the build 4675, but the=20
problem remains.

Any help with that?

Thanks.

H=E9ctor Garcia escribi=F3:
> Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase] escribi=F3:
>> Take a look at NLS_LANG settings.  (HKLM/Software/Oracle/HomeX).  I'm =

>> guessing that the W7 machine uses a different language.  For example=20
>> French Canadian versus English Canadian gets you a different decimal=20
>> separator.
>>
>=20
> I think this is not the problem. In both windows xp and windows 7 the=20
> NLS_LANG value is SPANISH_SPAIN.WE8MSWIN1252. Moreover, in the=20
> SQLCA.DBParm I fix the decimal separator:
>=20
> SQLCA.DBParm =3D "PBCatalogOwner=3D'xxxxxxxxx',DecimalSeparator=3D','"
>=20
> Any other idea?
>=20
> Thanks.

0
ISO

Problems migrating a CGI Interbase application from Windows XP to Windows 7 [Edit]
Hi, I am trying to migrate from Windows XP to Windows 7 a Delphi 7 CGI application based on the TWebModule component. The TWebModule component contains a TSQLConnection component. This is set up to refer to an Interbase database file located at: “localhost:C:\Users\Public\Web sites\WebsiteSM\Data\StMarcia_Database01.fdb” In Windows 7 the Delphi 7 and Interbase software is installed in: “C:\User AnOther\Program Files (x86)\Borland”. I think I have set up the correct path to the database file in the Params property of the SQLConnection component. Now when I try to set the ‘Co...

Windows 7 Windows update problems
Anybody had trouble with yesterday's critical updates? We had two win7 machines fail to reboot after doing critical updates, and had to use system restore to get them back operational. Anybody else seen or heard anything about this? A quick google search didn't turn up anything. On 12/01/2011 15:02, David Kerber wrote: > Anybody had trouble with yesterday's critical updates? We had two win7 > machines fail to reboot after doing critical updates, and had to use > system restore to get them back operational. > > Anybody else seen or heard anythin...

How To Replace Windows XP With Windows 7
Many Windows XP users have decided to skip the Windows Vista operating system due to countless problems reported in the early days of its release. Especially performance related issues where the main culprit why many Windows XP users decided to wait for Vista's successor instead. The release of Windows 7 is not that far away anymore. Microsoft did already make announcements regarding the possible upgrade opportunities. In short; Windows XP users will be able to buy an upgrade edition of Windows 7 but will not be able to upgrade the operating system itself to Windows 7. They ...

Window Activate Problem on Windows XP
I am on Windows XP SP2 running Thunderbird 2.0.0.12. For a while now, I have been having a problem when switching among open windows on my desktop. When I try to move to a TBird (or Firefox) window via the start bar or clicking on the window title bar, these windows do not come to the top/foreground. I am not sure if this is a Windows problem or a Mozilla problem. Anyone else see this? Anyone know how to fix it? Thanks whitedavidp@fastmail.us wrote: > I am on Windows XP SP2 running Thunderbird 2.0.0.12. For a while now, I > have been having a problem when switching amon...

Problem with viewing Windows SDK help files from Delphi 7 under Windows 7
Hi, I recently installed Delphi 7 on a Windows 8 machine putting it into a non-system folder. When I found that it wasn't displaying (Delphi) help files I downloaded and installed WinHlp32.exe from the MS website http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=91 and this solved the problem. But when I try to view the Windows SDK by selecting the appropriate menu item under the IDE Help menu I get the Winhelp runtime error message "Microsoft Help has stopped working". Can anyone suggest what needs to be done to be able to view the Windows SDK files that sh...

Windows handle of a PowerBuilder object in WINDOW XP
Hi all, I have powerbuilder application. In the pb code flow if handle(w_win) >0 then //message end if ; When I try to run an executable version of my PB application in windows xp operating system, I am getting following error message and application crash. Error text = Unresolvable external w_win when linking reference. "handle" function support windows XP operating system ? Thanks Leela ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Sure does. pbm_thisusuallydoesnothelp:-)) Philip Salgannik ...

Windows Script 5.7 for Windows XP
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en -- Sired, Squired, Hired, RETIRED. Retired wrote: > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=47809025-D896-482E-A0D6-524E7E844D81&displaylang=en > From the release notes: Why Version 5.7? The primary reason for changing the version number from 5.6 to 5.7 is to simplify servicing and support by synchronizing the versioning to a consistent scheme based on Vista build number. The minor version increase does not indicate significant new f...

Problems creating a Windows 7 Windows service
I want to create a Windows service using Delphi 2009: 1. File > New > Other > Service Application 2. Compile to Project1.exe 3. Create batch file: Project1.exe -install 4. Execute batch file as admin, no message 5. Check Windows services for Service1, it is not there. Now, I register the service using sc.exe: sc.exe Service1 binpath= <path to project1.exe> After that the service exists in the service management and is manual. However when I try to start it, it takes some time, says "Service does not not respond to start/stop notification in time" and s...

Dual Booting Open SUSE 11.2 and Windows 7, Windows 7 not loading (Windows 7 installed first)
Hi everybody i know there may be many threads on this topic but I have researched and still cant seem to get Windows 7 working when the GRUB menu appears but Open SUSE 11.2 works fine.. This is the first time installing Open SUSE 11.2. I created two partitions (swap and Suse 11.2) in Windows 7 before installing Open SUSE 11.2. Open SUSE 11.2 automatically created an extra two partitions (one was swap and the other i guess is where SUSE was installed?), i should have gone into expert mode and left my original partitions but i decided to let SUSE do it and i deleted the partitions i...

URL Handling Vulnerability in Windows XP and Windows Server,2003 with Windows Internet Explorer 7 Could Allow Remote Code Execution
Boy, that's a long subject line - but it's the title of Microsoft's KB article: http://www.microsoft.com/technet/security/advisory/943521.mspx -- Microsoft details (a bit) its changes to URL, more correctly URI, handling in IE 7 on WinXP and Windows 2003. The problem is that IE 7 code "tries to fix up" malformed URIs, then passes the fixed-up URI to the ShellExecute procedure (on XP and Win2003). http://blogs.technet.com/msrc/archive/2007/10/10/msrc-blog-additional-details-and-background-on-security-advisory-943521.aspx OR http://tinyurl.com/yoadp8 ...

setting up a network between Windows XP, Windows 7 opensuse
Hi I need some advise about setting up a wireless network, never had to do this before. My partner has just purchased a fancy laptop, which will have windows7. I have a desktop with two hard drives one with Opensuse 11.2 64 bits, the other with Windows XP. At present my box is connect directly via cable to the netgear DG834Gv2 router, that comes with me ISP.. May questions are; - can i have my box cabled to the router at the same time as using the router to connect the laptop by wireless? - Does Suse have a program for setting up such networks? I have the feeling this could be a ...

Security Permissions for Printer on Windows XP and Windows 7
Hello, We are a big company with a lot of Iprint Netware servers at every location. We are at the testing phase where we will be creating the new OES Iprint server for every location running on SUSE LINUX. I am almost done with the Iprint configuration at every location. When I install the driver from IPP page of the server, installation goes great for Win 7 64 bit but when I go to Devices and Printers - Properties of the Printer - Security Tab. I see Everyone, Creator Owner, Administrators and Power users user group can Print, Manage Printer, Manager Documents so in short all of ...

Install Delphi 2010 Ent in Windows XP or Windows 7
What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi 2010 Enterprise in? Windows XP or Windows 7 32 bit or 64 bit. And why? Thanks Greg Saunders wrote: > What operating system would you recommend installing and using Delphi > 2010 Enterprise in? > > Windows XP or Windows 7 Windows 7. > > 32 bit or 64 bit. 32 bit. > > And why? Windows 7 is a lot supperior and more stable than windows XP, also it recognizes more than 3 GB of RAM. Delphi 2010 supports Windows 7 Libraries, you can take advantage of this in yo...

PowerBuilder 7 on windows XP Professional
Hello Does anybody know if PB 7 is supported on Windows XP Professional? Also, PB 7 is very slow on a computer with windows 2000 (upto 12 minutes to save..) but fast on windows 98 (but much slower computer).. The question is does anybody have experienced problems of speed with Windows XP Professional and PB 7? Thank you all in advance for responses. Hello Roy.. Thank you for the response. Do you have any comments on PB 7 being slow on a windows 2000 computer? we use Objectcycle and checking in, out and even saving to my hard drive of objects checked out takes 12 mins app...

Web resources about - Problem in Windows XP but not in Windows 7 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Selling us safety: The huge PR problem spy agencies have on their hands
The horrendous November 13th attacks on Paris are exactly what intelligence agencies have told us all along: Something bad will happen because ...

Too Much Stuff: An All-American Problem
Americans have a lot of stuff. Let's take a look at some of these statistics excerpted from Joshua Becker's article in his blog, Becoming Minimalist ...

Daniel Radcliffe struggled with a drinking problem for years after 'Harry Potter,' then got sober
... as has been recorded.” The drinking, he said, stemmed from trying to seem normal when he was going out in public. He realized he had a problem ...

8 more years of leap-second problems loom; governments punt decision to 2023
Tick. Tick. Tick. Clang! That was the sound of an intergovernmental conference kicking the leap-second can down the road. Sysadmins will be dealing ...

Limbaugh Endorses Speaker Ryan’s Assessment Of Syrian Refugee Problem
Limbaugh Endorses Speaker Ryan’s Assessment Of Syrian Refugee Problem

How This Startup Solves Our Too-Much-Data Problem
Using lessons from quantum computing and music, Teraki claims to cut data torrents from our sensor-bedecked world by up to 90%. Smart thermostats ...

Problem for Fed Isn't Going, It Is Not Knowing How Much to Go
The important news inside the minutes from the Oct 27-28 FOMC meeting is a bit of “inside baseball” what real interest rate should determine ...

'Kissing bug' infections remain a problem in Texas, reports suggest
'Kissing bug' infections remain a problem in Texas, reports suggest

resources last updated: 11/20/2015 11:43:53 AM