Problem connecting ASA 7.0 from PB7.0 using OLEDB

  I start up ASA demo db asademo using dbsrv7.exe, and I can connect it
using dbping.
  Within PB, I have create a DB profile using OLEDB. The detail setting can
be likely as follow:
  Profile Name: ASA702OLE
  Provide:ASAProv.70
  Data Source:asademo
  Where I use "Test Connection", PowerBuilder returns " An error occured but
could not retrieve the error text due to a failure in the error handler.".
Whatever I change the setting of DB profile, regretfully, things remain the
same. But if I connect to the asademo through Microsoft ODBC-OLEDB bridge,
it do works.
  My PowerBuilder is version 7.0.3 Build 10047 with EAStudio 3.5 C5
installed recently. My ASA is version 7.0.2.1462 with ASA EBF Update of
7.0.2 to build 1462 installed recently.

  Thanks for your help.

0
Jason

The default data source for the sample database is called "ASA 7.0 Sample",
not asademo.  Unless you have a DSN defined called "asademo", I don't think
this will work.

Please don't cross post to two thousand groups.  The only place this
question needed to be asked was sybase.public.sqlanywhere.general.

--
Reg Domaratzki, Sybase iAnywhere Solutions
Certified SQL Anywhere Associate

ASA Patches and EBFs : http://downloads.sybase.com/swx/sdmain.stm
   -> Choose SQL Anywhere Studio
   -> Set "Platform Preview" and "Time Frame" to ALL and click "GO"

"Jason Wang" <wwmz@online.sh.cn> wrote in message
>   I start up ASA demo db asademo using dbsrv7.exe, and I can connect it
> using dbping.
>   Within PB, I have create a DB profile using OLEDB. The detail setting
can
> be likely as follow:
>   Profile Name: ASA702OLE
>   Provide:ASAProv.70
>   Data Source:asademo
>   Where I use "Test Connection", PowerBuilder returns " An error occured
but
> could not retrieve the error text due to a failure in the error handler.".
> Whatever I change the setting of DB profile, regretfully, things remain
the
> same. But if I connect to the asademo through Microsoft ODBC-OLEDB bridge,
> it do works.
>   My PowerBuilder is version 7.0.3 Build 10047 with EAStudio 3.5 C5
> installed recently. My ASA is version 7.0.2.1462 with ASA EBF Update of
> 7.0.2 to build 1462 installed recently.
>
>   Thanks for your help.

0
Reg

ASA 7.0.0 to asa 7.0.3
How can I upgrade ASA 7.0.0 to ASA 7.0.3? Can I download ASA 7.0.3 full install if I've got ASA 7.0.0 full install package? Yuri Isaenko ICQ#: 114279655 Download the "Adaptive Server Anywhere - Maintenance Release (English), Upgrade of 7.0.x to 7.0.3" from my.sybase.com. You will have to increase the "Time Frame" value to see it. Breck On Thu, 9 May 2002 00:26:09 +0200, "YI" <yi@gor.kv.energy.gov.ua> wrote: >How can I upgrade ASA 7.0.0 to ASA 7.0.3? >Can I download ASA 7.0.3 full install if I've got ASA 7.0.0 full inst...

Problem of PowerBuilder 5.0 and ASA 7.0
Hi everyone, I installed ASA 7.0 evaluation copy for testing purpose. I can start database server on ASA 7.0. However, when I want to see the data via PowerBuilder. I found that the PowerBuiler 5.0 cannot display the ASA 7.0 ODBC driver and I can't make a database profile for connection. Can you give me any suggestion to solve the above problem? Thanks! -- Best Regards, Simon Chan Tel.: 852-2965-6706 email: simon_chan@cgiasia.com.hk Have a look in the SQL Anywhere Help... ===== ASA Getting Started PART 1. Moving to Adaptive Server Anywhere 7.0 ...

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

Problem using ASA 7.0 to connect to ASE 11.9.2 via ASA ODBC DSN
Hi: I downloaded ASA 7.0.2 to evaluate it as a Client to connect to a databse which is installed on an ASE 11.9.2. system (first of all, can this be done?). I am running Win 2K Professional. I have already set up an ODBC DSN which I have used successfully for creating a linked server to the ASE database in MS SQL Server 2000. I also have used this DSN to create a successful ODBC link to MS Access 2000 In this case I created an ASA 7.0 DSN using the same configuration parameters that I used for the the above DSN, but when I test the connection in Sybase Central 4.0 (or in the ODBC ...

how do you do a select into using powerbuilder 8.0 connecting to sql server 7.0
I have a powerbuilder app that used to connect to a sql anywhere database that is now connecting to sql server. I have found an equivalent to the today(*) function: select substring(convert(char(10), getdate(), 120), 1, 10) The problem with this is that it will not work in a select-into because sub quereies are not allowed. So, what I want to do is a select-into using the above conversion query, store it in a local date variable above but I keep getting a syntax error(I have also tried using a local string variable and I get the same error) . Here is the code that generates the...

Upgrade to ASA 7.0.0.313 and PowerBuilder 6.0
Hi ya all, I had a quick question. We recently upgraded from Sybase SQL ANYWHERE 5.5 TO ASA 7.0.0.313. When I run a script from PowerBuilder 6.0 and try to pass date arguments to the datawindow object, the date arguments get corrupted, i.e. they are no longer date arguments when the dwo receives them. They appear as funny looking characters that don't make any sense. In my dwo I am using various subqueries. One thing that is bizarre is that if I take all subqueries out of my dwo, the date arguments passed to the datawindow object work fine. It is only when I use a subquery that the ...

How to connect to ASA 7.0 via native OLE DB in PB7.0?
Hi all, Please don't delete it! I'd like to create a database profile under OLE DB in powerbuilder. "Database Profile Setup - OLE DB" should be popup while I clicked the new button. Then how could I fill the field in this window ? Yes I could input the Provider, UserID, Password, but how about other fileds ? What do Data Source, Location, Extended Properties, Data Link mean ? Or where could I input the connect string : "provider=ASAProv;UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;ENG=asademo" ? It always popup a window with title "ODBC Configuration for ASA". Could an...

How to connect to ASA 7.0 via native OLE DB in PB7.0?
Hi all, I'd like to create a database profile under OLE DB in powerbuilder. "Database Profile Setup - OLE DB" should be popup while I clicked the new button. Then how could I fill the field in this window ? Yes I could input the Provider, UserID, Password, but how about other fileds ? What do Data Source, Location, Extended Properties, Data Link mean ? Or where could I input the connect string : "provider=ASAProv;UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;ENG=asademo" ? It always popup a window with title "ODBC Configuration for ASA". Could anyone give me a sample or othere...

Problems connecting ASA 9.0.0 on SuSE 9.0
Hi, I found several threads about this, but it's still not running :-( What's working: - all IP-connections are OK with IP-address and host-name - the db-server is starting: I. 03/28 00:36:31. Database server started at Sun Mar 28 2004 00:36 I. 03/28 00:36:31. Trying to start SharedMemory link ... I. 03/28 00:36:31. SharedMemory link started successfully I. 03/28 00:36:31. Trying to start TCPIP link ... I. 03/28 00:36:31. Starting TCP listener on IP address 0.0.0.0:2638 I. 03/28 00:36:31. Starting on port 2638 I. 03/28 00:36:31. Looking for serve...

any stored procedures allowed in ASA 6.0 connected using PB7.0 at runtime?
Hi All, I am developing an application using pb7.0 and ASA6.0, using a standalone database server. I have followed the procedures for deployment as stated in the URL http://my.sybase.com/detail?id=47953 to connect to the ASA database server at runtime. (ie. I use correct program, connection and deployment paths and that I have set up a new folder for the storage of DLL and EXE deployment files of both PB and ASA) I am able to connect to the database server and run both embedded SQL and stored procedures at my developing PC using the runtime version as stated before. However, I ...

How to connect to ASA 7.0 via native OLE DB in PB7.0? #2
Hi all, I'd like to create a database profile under OLE DB in powerbuilder. "Database Profile Setup - OLE DB" should be popup while I clicked the new button. Then how could I fill the field in this window ? Yes I could input the Provider, UserID, Password, but how about other fileds ? What do Data Source, Location, Extended Properties, Data Link mean ? Or where could I input the connect string : "provider=ASAProv;UID=DBA;PWD=SQL;ENG=asademo" ? It always popup a window with title "ODBC Configuration for ASA". Could anyone give me a sample or othere...

Web resources about - Problem connecting ASA 7.0 from PB7.0 using OLEDB - sybase.powerbuilder.general

List of Nebraska Connecting Link, Spur, and Recreation Highways - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Nebraska Connecting Link , Nebraska Spur , and Nebraska Recreation Road highways are a secondary part of the Nebraska highway system . They connect ...

Israeli Hotel U Coral Beach Club Eilat Has a Unique Way of Connecting Guests to Facebook
U Coral Beach Club Eilat, a hotel in Israel , is taking sharing vacation photos and checking in to the next level thanks to a collaboration between ...

Connecting 100 Million People in Africa
„Facebook for Business“ liefert dir aktuelle Nachrichten, Tipps und Best Practices für den Einsatz von Facebook zur Erreichung deiner Unternehmensziele: ...

Papa John’s Connecting with 200,000 Fans on Facebook
More brands are engaging with Facebook’s 150 million users through Facebook advertising solutions and the Facebook Platform, patterns of best ...

Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store on iTunes
Get Jewel Dots Puzzler - A Cool Connecting Dots Puzzle For Kids on the App Store. See screenshots and ratings, and read customer reviews.

Connecting the community, my Twitter strategy, and American Airlines at DFW - Flickr - Photo Sharing ...
I thought, to commemorate this entry on connecting people, that I'd include a photo of an airplane from one of the busiest airports in the world ...

Connecting an Arduino to a DSC 1550 Alarm Panel - YouTube
Have an old DSC-1550 (PC 1550) Alarm Panel? This video shows how to connect an Arduino to the panel, simulate a keypad, and monitor the state ...