printing a datawindow report of web applicaition in PowerBuilder 11.5

Hi,

I have deployed my appliction in web based using powerbuilder 11.5. I
acknowledge that print option will not function as window based, it
will first save as PDF file in server and then through Print file
manage we can see or take print. Print file manager which is showing
in web page after pressing print button of application, showing error
as could not "SaveAS did not complete successfully, return code is :
-1 ", Even though same code "dw_1.print(false)" is working.

I want to know that I will have to change in code or need any
configuration or pdf writer software and also which version.

Pls help.

Regards,
Pravin
0
Pravin

PowerBuilder uses the GhostScript open-source software to produce PDF files,
and GS must be installed on the machine where the PB program is running. It
also uses a PostScript printer driver, which PB will install the first time
the use saves to PDF, IF the files were included along with the application
and the user has authorization to install a printer.

See chapter 19 of the PB users guide for details.

--
Report Bugs: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

"Pravin Shrivastava" <pksgold@gmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>
> I have deployed my appliction in web based using powerbuilder 11.5. I
> acknowledge that print option will not function as window based, it
> will first save as PDF file in server and then through Print file
> manage we can see or take print. Print file manager which is showing
> in web page after pressing print button of application, showing error
> as could not "SaveAS did not complete successfully, return code is :
> -1 ", Even though same code "dw_1.print(false)" is working.
>
> I want to know that I will have to change in code or need any
> configuration or pdf writer software and also which version.
>
> Pls help.
>
> Regards,
> Pravin

0
Jerry
6/23/2009 2:12:45 PM
Read too fast - there is another section of help that deals with setup for
web apps. I came up when I put Ghostscript in the index search on help.

--

"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote in message
> PowerBuilder uses the GhostScript open-source software to produce PDF
> files, and GS must be installed on the machine where the PB program is
> running. It also uses a PostScript printer driver, which PB will install
> the first time the use saves to PDF, IF the files were included along with
> the application and the user has authorization to install a printer.
>
> See chapter 19 of the PB users guide for details.
>
> --
> Report Bugs: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>

> "Pravin Shrivastava" <pksgold@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have deployed my appliction in web based using powerbuilder 11.5. I
>> acknowledge that print option will not function as window based, it
>> will first save as PDF file in server and then through Print file
>> manage we can see or take print. Print file manager which is showing
>> in web page after pressing print button of application, showing error
>> as could not "SaveAS did not complete successfully, return code is :
>> -1 ", Even though same code "dw_1.print(false)" is working.
>>
>> I want to know that I will have to change in code or need any
>> configuration or pdf writer software and also which version.
>>
>> Pls help.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pravin

0
Jerry
6/23/2009 2:28:04 PM
You might look at CATsoftPDF http://www.catsoft.ch/catsoftpdf as an
alternative for creating PDFs without printer driver and ghostscript.

Arthur

Pravin Shrivastava wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have deployed my appliction in web based using powerbuilder 11.5. I
> acknowledge that print option will not function as window based, it
> will first save as PDF file in server and then through Print file
> manage we can see or take print. Print file manager which is showing
> in web page after pressing print button of application, showing error
> as could not "SaveAS did not complete successfully, return code is :
> -1 ", Even though same code "dw_1.print(false)" is working.
>
> I want to know that I will have to change in code or need any
> configuration or pdf writer software and also which version.
>
> Pls help.
>
> Regards,
> Pravin

0
Arthur
6/25/2009 3:34:30 AM
This works great for me for Webform applications when GS is installed
correctly on the IIs server machine.

--
Regards ... Chris
ISUG - NA RUG Director

"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo!.com> wrote in message
> PowerBuilder uses the GhostScript open-source software to produce PDF
> files, and GS must be installed on the machine where the PB program is
> running. It also uses a PostScript printer driver, which PB will install
> the first time the use saves to PDF, IF the files were included along with
> the application and the user has authorization to install a printer.
>
> See chapter 19 of the PB users guide for details.
>
> --
> Report Bugs: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>

> "Pravin Shrivastava" <pksgold@gmail.com> wrote in message
>> Hi,
>>
>> I have deployed my appliction in web based using powerbuilder 11.5. I
>> acknowledge that print option will not function as window based, it
>> will first save as PDF file in server and then through Print file
>> manage we can see or take print. Print file manager which is showing
>> in web page after pressing print button of application, showing error
>> as could not "SaveAS did not complete successfully, return code is :
>> -1 ", Even though same code "dw_1.print(false)" is working.
>>
>> I want to know that I will have to change in code or need any
>> configuration or pdf writer software and also which version.
>>
>> Pls help.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Pravin

0
Chris

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

How to secure powerbuilder 11.5 net web service
?Hi all, How do I enable security on a web service built with pb11.5. I've been reading this http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/w67h0dw7.aspx but I'm not sure how to acomplish it, on the web service and the client side. Any help? thanks ...

SSRS SQL SERVER Reporting Service with Powerbuilder 11.5
Is there is any way that I can integrate SSRS (SQL Server Reporting Service) with an Existing Powerbuilder 11.5 application? We would like to show the predefined executive reports from SSRS when our application opens up as an DASHBOARD?. Any help appreciated. Thanks Ganesh ...

Upgrade from powerbuilder 10.5 to 11.5
Hi, were are investigating the process of upgrading powerbuilder 105 to powerbuilder 11.5. are there any steps to watch out for. my initial plan is to backup the current source. Copy the source to a temp location. Perform an upgrade of PB10.5 to 11.5 and 'upgrade' the source. Does this sound about right at all? Many Thanks Anish, although I'm not a [TeamSybase] member, we have converted over 25 applications (most very large) from PB 10.5 to PB 11.5 without any problems (no additional steps or changes to objects or code was required, for us at least). The only cav...

Powerbuilder 11.5/EAServer5.5 ConnectToServer
OK, I don't have to configure development stations every day in fact the last time was 4+ years ago. I know this is simple but it's not coming to me at the moment. I've installed Powerbuilder 11.5. I've installed EAServer 5.5. I can connect to my server through EAServer manager. I can deploy objects from PB into EAServer. When I run my application, I'm getting a connecttoserver error 57, not connected to the server. application = 'PACKAGE01' /* Package on EAServer connectstring = '' location = 'laptop:9000' /* EAserver locat...

How to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application?
Dear All, I would like to know if it is possible (if yes then how) to call AJAX function from a PowerBuilder 11.5 .NET Web Forms application. Any pointer or information is much appreciated. Thank you very much in advance. Thanks and Best Regards, Jessica The first thing you need to do is install the AJAX Extensions for ASP.Net. They can be downloaded here: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=ca9d90fa-e8c9-42e3-aa19-08e2c027f5d6&displaylang=en You write a client-side JavaScript event handler - say myScriptFile.js. Then, in the PowerBuilder ...

Rich text based datawindow print problem with powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063
I have upgraded our powerbuilder 8 application to 10.5 build 5063. When I view the rich text base datawindows, they look fine in the display. But, as soon as I click print, the column values turn to ?? on the screen and also prints ?? for columns. Any body knows how to resolve printing issue in powerbuilder 10.5 build 5063? ...

How to display a Blob field that contains Image (tif) in Powerbuilder 11.5 web based application
Hi, I am not able to display a Blob image in a PB 11.5 (Web Based )Picture control. We are able to convert the blob contents into a .BMP file in PB 11.5 windows based , but the same is not possible in web based . Is there any seperate menthod to create a File . In Window based we were using Kodak scanner to display the BMP file , but when we deploy it gives a error OLE not supported is there any other way to display the same . In PB 11.5 ( Windows ) we are able to display the files created using Blob field in InkPicture Control , Web based does not support the same. ...

PowerBuilder 11.5.1 and SQL Anywhere 11
Hello, since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the columns were declared as char(1)! PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can write unlimited characters. Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to char(0) by default? Thanks. Ignore the dataset definition. I suspect your problem ...

SQL Anywhere 11 and PowerBuilder 11.5.1
Hello, since we use SQL Anywhere 11 DB we have problems with our PB datawindows. We often use computed columns like '' TESTCol. Before SQL Anywhere 11 in the edit source of the datawindow the column was declared as char(0). But since version 11 the columns were declared as char(1)! PowerBuilder allows only one character when the column is only char(1). When the column is declared as char(0) you can write unlimited characters. Can anyone explain why? And how can we change that back to char(0) by default? Thanks. ...

Powerbuilder 11.5
Am I entitle to get a free upgrade to PB 11.5 if I have PB 11.2 and above? If yes, where can I download the released PB 11.5 copy? Thanks, Kevin No. PB 11.5 is a major release. There isn't a "free" upgrade to it unless you have a USP support plan. On 17 Sep 2008 11:39:08 -0700, "Kevin D" <dinhk@yahoo.com> wrote: >Am I entitle to get a free upgrade to PB 11.5 if I have PB 11.2 and above? > >If yes, where can I download the released PB 11.5 copy? > >Thanks, >Kevin > ...

Powerbuilder 11.5
Hi, Does anyone happen to know if Powerbuilder 11.5 is going to be a maintenance release or is a new version ... like 10.5 was to Powerbuilder 10? Thanks Jim ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Both <g> It's a maintenance release, in terms of it not being a chargeable release to those who own PB11 licenses. HOWEVER, it's also a 'major release' in that it will require a migration AND will result in the end-of-life of PB 10.5. So, if you own 11 now, you'll get 11.5 for free, bu...

Web resources about - printing a datawindow report of web applicaition in PowerBuilder 11.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Paid smartphone apps - half get under 1,000 downloads! What does this mean
So, we know that paid apps get far less downloads than free apps. No surprise there. But we have now a solid analysis of the total number of ...

Cape Coral Festival of the Arts
2014 Festival of Arts applications are now closed Click Here to log back in to your entry to pay your fees. Fee total is $326.00 ($20 non-refundable ...

iSkoot wants to make cheap phones smarter
iSkoot, the company that first got attention by allowing you to make calls on your mobile phone through Skype's Internet call service, is launching ...

Birmingham City University supports student mobility with multi-million pound data centre overhaul
Birmingham City University supports student mobility with multi-million pound data centre overhaul ( Industry Verticals ) Birmingham City University ...

2013 June
Please send us your input to info@astro4dev.org for the next newsletter which we will aim to send out on Friday 26th July 2013. 1) IAU-OAD Call ...