Printer Status

Hi, This is Jay, Park.
I'd like to get a printer status.
I'm developing my program with powerbuilder 6.5. under windows 95.
And the printer which I'd like to get the status of is Panasonic
KX-P1624.
Please let me know how I can get the printer status. Please. Please.
Please.

Of course, I know I must use API. But I'm not good at that.
Please show me any sample API coding which gets a printer status.

And I tried a software called PowerPrinter. But it didn't work well.

Please help. This is urgent.

Email ID : park019@hotmail.com

0
Cherub
1/8/1999 2:01:44 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

How to find printer status from Powerbuilder
Hi Friends, I need to know from my powerbuilder application the printers status in the network. Anybody can give any idea ? TIA RAO -- NARAYANA SUDANAGUNTA 115 NUTMEGLANE #111 EAST HORTFORD ,CT-06118 1-860-263-6438(work) 1-860-895-8279(HOME) Check out printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com for getting the printer status.. "narayana" <narayanarao@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:q48CXUCJBHA.201@forums.sybase.com... > Hi Friends, > > I need to know from my powerbuilder application the printers status in the > network. > &g...

Printers Printers Printers!!
Hi All, I have two Printers installed on win2k with default set. However, I another user logs in, default changes......can I force the default printer set?? I'm also using DLU - Volitile and Zen 4. Can I force the default for that particular room each time? Examples would be of great assistance...;-) Many thanks. Using NWadmin, do a properties on the user, group, or container, and go to the NDPS Remote printer button, highlight the printer then click set as default. ...

Printer Status
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub46b9f93c Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi I am trying to get the Printer Status using the GetPrinter function provided by windows WINSPOOL.DRV. I am getting one problem in getting the printer status that Status is always 0 which is ready even though on the Window Print Manager I can see 'Error' or 'Toner Low' I put the code in the timer event to fetch the status every one second but with no success. Please suggest. I have extended over ...

iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening)
Hi, I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...) I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the proposed one didn't do anything for our system. We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many hotfixes ... The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446 After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve many slowness of...

iprint printer slow to connect (printer status opening)
Hi, I've been searching about a solution reguarding the slow connection to the printer: applications take ages to connect to user's printer, application status was: opening (printer status stayed in opening for 10 seconds ...) I've seen some post about that but without any real solution, well, the proposed one didn't do anything for our system. We're using Citrix Metaframe 1.8 in windows 2000 server SP4 with many hotfixes ... The problems was this hotfixe: KB324446 After removing it the problem went away. BTW, removing this hotfix solve many slowness of...

Printer map printer status screen does not have full functionality
I have two different servers running iPrint. When a user clicks on the iPrint map with a printer they already have installed then it pops up a status window about the printer. On one server it shows information and a refresh button. On the other server it shows different buttons like, refresh, delete, hold, resume and information. I would like to have both servers to show the more functional one. I have not found any configuration setting I need to switch. Any ideas? Thanks. --____WKISEEMCOXWTOIDZWXLP____ Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-1 Content-Transfer-Enc...

TFS status wrong in powerbuilder GUI after refresh status
Hi, I perform GetLatestVersion for all objects in project, someone do a change and commit. I see in powerBuilder IDE that object not at last version that's ok. But, i select this objects and getlatest version, the status change for is at last version. I close PB and reopen PB i go to see this objet after that and i wait the refresh is completed and this status is again not as last version. Is TFS source control the status is latest = Yes. Is the same time for all other object that not modify myself in this project. Any idea? Ty What version & build of PowerBuilde...

Printer status
I am printing to a network printer. Is there any way I can check if the printer is in fact available? I am using the Printers unit. When I execute the windows PrintForm.PrintDialog1.Execute(Self.handle), I get a list of printers; Including Network printers which do not exist on the current network. A Refresh does not help. When I then try to print to this non-existing network printer, the whole application freezes up for up to a minute, after which all comes back, but without any errors, and without any printer spool window. I have no idea what has now happened to the document. I c...

Printer is a Printer
Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? Our application requires that once a button is press, we print a form and the client signs it. We display a dialog allowing you to pick a printer, but the printer list contains, 'non-printers'. And we do not want to show them. I realize that this may not be possible, but I have to ask. Thanks Edwin, > Is there a way to determine if a printer is really a printer and not a fax or pdf writer/creator? > > Our application requires that once a button is press, we prin...

What generals generally do

Printer in PowerBuilder
Does anyone know this? If I go to PowerBuilder and set up the printer from the File\PrinterSetup Menu, Where this information is stored? In registry or Pb.ini file or where? ThankS! I am pretty sure it is only kept in memory. It is lost once pb closes. -- Dawn T Brown Eyes (TeamSybase) Rajdeep Bhaduri <rbhaduri@pointetech.com> wrote in article <IcwEajEl$GA.201@forums.sybase.com>... > Does anyone know this? > > If I go to PowerBuilder and set up the printer from the File\PrinterSetup > Menu, Where this information is stored? > >...

Printer.Printers does not show all installed printers
I use this code with Delphi 2007: for I := 0 to Pred(Printer.Printers.Count) do Listbox1.items.add(Printer.Printers[I]); I have a customer that has a Xerox Phaser printer installed which is his default printer but it does not show in the list. He is using Windows 7, 64bit. Anyone have an idea as to why this might happen ? Thanks JT ...

SMB printer status
Windows computers on my network are able to print to the printer I have shared with samba on my Suse 11.0 box, but the status message says "Access Denied, Unable To Connect" I would like to see the normal "Ready" status message. I've read through some similar posts regarding this same issue and have made some changes to my smb.conf and cupsd.conf files. smb.conf Code: -------------------- # smb.conf is the main Samba configuration file. You find a full commented # version at /usr/share/doc/packages/samba/examples/smb.conf.SUSE if the # samba...

Powerbuilder Printer limitaion
Hi, I encountered a problem with PB6.5. It is not accepting the printer names more than a certain characters. Is there any limit within powerbuilder? Your quick response would really be appreciated. Thanks, Raju. I have the same problem with PB 8.0.3, but it was just the PFC printer dialog box which deson't support printer names more than 32 char. It works if you select it by code (without this bugged dialog box) <Raju_Chiluvuri> a �crit dans le message de news: E3775DA89D7463BE004D8A8385256CE6.004D8A9485256CE6@webforums... > Hi, > I encountered a problem w...

Web resources about - Printer Status - sybase.powerbuilder.general

3D Printer - Flickr - Photo Sharing!

Review: da Vinci Jr budget 3D printer
The da Vinci Jr makes 3D printing more affordable than ever, but it's a long way from the Star Trek replicator-style precision instrument you ...

JAYVEE NEWS: ISIS May Have Syrian Passport Printer
By Russ Reed The Islamic State may have gotten a passport printer, and could be using it to send militants into the United States carrying Syrian ...

U.S. Intel: ISIS May Have Syrian Passport Printer
U.S. Intel: ISIS May Have Syrian Passport Printer

Consumer Technology Association Chief Talks Up Drones, 3D Printers, And Driverless Cars: CES
... electronics business, based on Consumer Technology Association chief Gary Shapiro’s opening remarks at the annual CES confab. Drones, 3D printers, ...