Print to secure pdf SDK for Powerbuilder

Hi,
Is there a way to print to a pdf file from PowerBuilder? The SDK must allow
setting the permissions for the pdf file and to secure it using user's
password.

Thank you.

0
magotici
1/12/2011 9:17:26 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

You'd need a third party product that looks like a printer and supports
that feature. http://www.planetpdf.com/ is a good place to start shopping.

Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

On 1/12/2011 4:17 PM, magotici wrote:
> Hi,
> Is there a way to print to a pdf file from PowerBuilder? The SDK must allow
> setting the permissions for the pdf file and to secure it using user's
> password.
>
> Thank you.

0
Jerry
1/12/2011 10:01:40 PM
You can use SaveAs ( PDF! ) if it's a DataWindow.  Once you've done
that, you can use a utility like iText to manipulate advanced
attributes such as permissions and locking it.

http://itextpdf.com/

On 12 Jan 2011 13:17:26 -0800, "magotici" <magotici@labstat.com>
wrote:

>Hi,
>Is there a way to print to a pdf file from PowerBuilder? The SDK must allow
>setting the permissions for the pdf file and to secure it using user's
>password.
>
>Thank you.

0
Bruce
1/12/2011 11:49:16 PM
Thank you,

Manuel Agotici

"Bruce Armstrong" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@yahoo.com> wrote in message

> You can use SaveAs ( PDF! ) if it's a DataWindow.  Once you've done
> that, you can use a utility like iText to manipulate advanced
> attributes such as permissions and locking it.
>
> http://itextpdf.com/
>
> On 12 Jan 2011 13:17:26 -0800, "magotici" <magotici@labstat.com>
> wrote:
>
>>Hi,
>>Is there a way to print to a pdf file from PowerBuilder? The SDK must
>>allow
>>setting the permissions for the pdf file and to secure it using user's
>>password.
>>
>>Thank you.

0
magotici

Print PDF in powerbuilder
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file in powerbuilder? I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button cb_button, so that the pdf file will print automatically when i click the button cb_button. Thank You ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Get the printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com to print to PDF from PB "Sunny" <stupidlai@hongkong.com> wrote in message news:0#lVYT41AHA.302@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file i...

Printing to PDF from Powerbuilder
Does anyone know how I would go about printing a file from Powerbuilder to PDF? Are there plugins required, does Powerbuilder allow something like this? Thanks. >>Does anyone know how I would go about printing a file from Powerbuilder to PDF? Are there plugins required, does Powerbuilder allow something like this? << You can load either Amyuni's PDFConverter printer driver or Adobe's PDFWriter printer driver and just use the usual print mechanisms (e.g. dw.Print()). If you don't want to be prompted to specify the .pdf filename, then you can set th...

how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder
hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin Hello, This newsgroup is for Open Client, Open Server and SDK. You might want to post your question to one of the PowerBuilder newsgroups: http://www.sybase.com/detail_list_multi/1,6902,11507,00.html?dynamic_query_yn=N&dropdown_product=1248 Maybe this one would be best: news://forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general Gino Lin wrote: > hello: > > how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? > I read online help but ...

Print a pdf file in powerbuilder
Hello How to print a pdf filein powerbuilder? I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button cb_button, so that the document will print automatically when i click the button cb_button. Thank You Very Much!!! ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp To be able to print to PDF you need to have Adobe Acrobat PDFWriter installed on your machine. To make it easier to implement printing to PDF you can get the printer utility for PB apps from www.powerwhizz.com. They provide you with the source-code that...

printing to pdf from powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram It's in the Help File. Search for the phrase "GhostScript". Paul Horan[Sybase] <chithu.palaniappan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:552eca65-5d9c-4807-9b72-0d3ad19bf88d@b2g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > I need to print my data window or repo...

hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin If you are using powerbuilder 9, you will need to download and install ghostscript. Once you get that install, you should be able to print pdf files. But if you already have Adobe Distiller, you might be able to just print to distiller. try PrintSetup() to setup the distiller printer, then print the datawindow. HTH James "Gino Lin" <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3FA5E586.113733CC@hotmail.com... > hello: &...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram ...

Batch printing PDF files from powerbuilder...
Has anyone implemented batch printing of pdf files from powerbuilder. I tried RUN ( acrobat32.exe + /p /o /h + fileargs ) I would like to have adobe open before i issue the shell command as there is some performance improvement, but the problem is after the batch printing process is completed i want to kill adobe. Is there any win32 functions available to kill an application or something. Which is the best way to implement this. Thanks in advance, -Ram Steve, You can use FindWindowA to get a handle to any window that you can specify the title text for. Then use SendMessag...

Print a PDF file in Powerbuilder 5
I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript in Powerbuilder 5. I tried creating a datastore and doing and insertdocument function call but keep getting a -1 error code. I need help.... Thanks, Tom you would need a PDF print driver (e.g. Acrobat PDFWriter) installed and then print on that to generate PDF. u can also look at printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com that helps u with swicthing printers etc. On 16 Jun 2004 09:54:00 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <Thomas Rundo> wrote: >I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript ...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram Please don't crosspost. I've answered your question in the .datawindow forum. Paul Horan[Sybase] <chithu.palaniappan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69bfb3e6-69eb-4e76-a6a8-3048db57b6a1@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > I need to print my data...

AMYUNI: directly print a pdf-file in powerbuilder
Hello anybody! I have problems defining and printing with the amyuni print driver (with CDIntf.DLL) directly to a pdf-file in powerbuilder 7.0.3 Has anyone tried this? Is it possible to get an example code with the defining of the external functions, generate a new amyuni-printerdriver, print an PB-datastore, close the printdriver? It seems that the definition of the external functions is a little bit difficult. Running my code results in: Error: Specified argument type differs from required argument type at runtime in DLL function getlasterrormsg. (invalid stack pointer on ret...

Anyone using PowerWhizz PDF-print in PowerBuilder ??
And if You do.. please read below... Is there any way to change the quality of the printed ??? I have tried to change it on runtime like this.. Directly on the DW.. no change... <DW Control Name>.Modify("DataWindow.Print.Quality='<0 -Default, 1 - High, 2 - Medium, 3 - Low, 4 - Draft>' ") I'm using PB7.0.. All printing goes through PowerWhizz -> PDFwriter 4.0 Maybe it can be changed in PDFwriter, but I'd really like to be able to do it on runtime ?? Help please.. Dennis The effect of print quality only applies to the gen...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 #2
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window data directly to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram You posted this same request yesterday - and have responses. See 'objects' Newsgroup post 'Saveas PDF on Client Machine' on 10/16/08 HTH KL > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > > I need to print my data window data directly to pdf files. > > > I didn'...

view and print EPS & PDF format in PowerBuilder.
Hi all, I've used PowerBuilder for about 2 months, now I have a problem, does anyone know how to view and print EPS or PDF format image in datawindow? Since I'm very new to PowerBuilder, if anyone got solution, please help, thanks! Jaffe. The only way to do that is to create a datawindow with an OLE presentation style. Then use ActiveX controls that know how to read the file types you want. For example Adobe Reader, which by the way is distributed for free (www.adobe.com), can read PDF files and it comes with its own ActiveX control. I'm not familiar with ActiveX ...

Web resources about - Print to secure pdf SDK for Powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles