Print a pdf file in powerbuilder

Hello
How to print a pdf filein powerbuilder?
I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button
cb_button, so that the document will print automatically when i click the
button cb_button.
Thank You Very Much!!!
Sunny

To be able to print to PDF you need to have Adobe Acrobat PDFWriter
installed on your machine.
To make it easier to implement printing to PDF you can get the printer
utility for PB apps from www.powerwhizz.com. They provide you with the
source-code that you can add to your application to easily print to PDF or
perform other printer related manipulations. Download the demo from
www.powerwhizz.com

"Sunny" <stupidlai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> How to print a pdf filein powerbuilder?
> I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button
> cb_button, so that the document will print automatically when i click the
> button cb_button.
> Thank You Very Much!!!

egattu
5/8/2001 11:31:59 AM
I have used the ShellExecute to "open" a file. I know that one of the
arguments can be a "print" command (instead of "open"), but I have never
tried before.

http://msdn.microsoft.com/library/psdk/shellcc/shell/Functions/ShellExecute.
htm

******* Declaration:

function ulong ShellExecuteA(&
  ulong hwnd, &
  ref string lpVerb, &
  ref string lpFile, &
  ref string lpParameters, &
  ref string lpDirectory, &
  int nShowCmd) &
library "shell32.dll"

****** Usage:

ulong  ll_handle
string ls_cmd = "open", ls_null

ll_handle = Handle(This)

Return ShellExecuteA(ll_handle, ls_cmd, as_filename, ls_null, ls_null, 0)

"Sunny" <stupidlai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> How to print a pdf filein powerbuilder?
> I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button
> cb_button, so that the document will print automatically when i click the
> button cb_button.
> Thank You Very Much!!!

Don
5/8/2001 12:59:06 PM
Amyuni has an OCX that does PDF printing.  www.amyuni.com    Much cheaper
than Adobe.

Paul Horan [TeamSybase]
Buffalo, NY

"Sunny" <stupidlai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hello
> How to print a pdf filein powerbuilder?
> I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button
> cb_button, so that the document will print automatically when i click the
> button cb_button.
> Thank You Very Much!!!

Paul
5/8/2001 1:25:09 PM
I would also recommend Amyuni. There support and response has been much
better than that received from Adobe. And the product is very good, with a
more-than-useful PB sample app.

Geoff

geoffb@sybase.co.za

Paul Horan [TeamSybase] <paulDOThoran@adelphiacomDOTcom> wrote in message
> Amyuni has an OCX that does PDF printing.  www.amyuni.com    Much cheaper
> than Adobe.
>
> Paul Horan [TeamSybase]
> Buffalo, NY
>
> "Sunny" <stupidlai@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> > Hello
> > How to print a pdf filein powerbuilder?
> > I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button
> > cb_button, so that the document will print automatically when i click
the
> > button cb_button.
> > Thank You Very Much!!!
> > ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==---
> > http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp

0
Geoff

hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin If you are using powerbuilder 9, you will need to download and install ghostscript. Once you get that install, you should be able to print pdf files. But if you already have Adobe Distiller, you might be able to just print to distiller. try PrintSetup() to setup the distiller printer, then print the datawindow. HTH James "Gino Lin" <jh_802@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:3FA5E586.113733CC@hotmail.com... > hello: &...

how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder
hello: how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? I read online help but I don't get useful messages thanks Gino Lin Hello, This newsgroup is for Open Client, Open Server and SDK. You might want to post your question to one of the PowerBuilder newsgroups: http://www.sybase.com/detail_list_multi/1,6902,11507,00.html?dynamic_query_yn=N&dropdown_product=1248 Maybe this one would be best: news://forums.sybase.com/sybase.public.powerbuilder.general Gino Lin wrote: > hello: > > how to print a PDF file in PowerBuilder ? > I read online help but ...

Print a PDF file in Powerbuilder 5
I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript in Powerbuilder 5. I tried creating a datastore and doing and insertdocument function call but keep getting a -1 error code. I need help.... Thanks, Tom you would need a PDF print driver (e.g. Acrobat PDFWriter) installed and then print on that to generate PDF. u can also look at printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com that helps u with swicthing printers etc. On 16 Jun 2004 09:54:00 -0700, in sybase.public.powerbuilder.general <Thomas Rundo> wrote: >I need a way to print a pdf file using powerscript ...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram ...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram Please don't crosspost. I've answered your question in the .datawindow forum. Paul Horan[Sybase] <chithu.palaniappan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:69bfb3e6-69eb-4e76-a6a8-3048db57b6a1@q26g2000prq.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > I need to print my data...

Batch printing PDF files from powerbuilder...
Has anyone implemented batch printing of pdf files from powerbuilder. I tried RUN ( acrobat32.exe + /p /o /h + fileargs ) I would like to have adobe open before i issue the shell command as there is some performance improvement, but the problem is after the batch printing process is completed i want to kill adobe. Is there any win32 functions available to kill an application or something. Which is the best way to implement this. Thanks in advance, -Ram Steve, You can use FindWindowA to get a handle to any window that you can specify the title text for. Then use SendMessag...

AMYUNI: directly print a pdf-file in powerbuilder
Hello anybody! I have problems defining and printing with the amyuni print driver (with CDIntf.DLL) directly to a pdf-file in powerbuilder 7.0.3 Has anyone tried this? Is it possible to get an example code with the defining of the external functions, generate a new amyuni-printerdriver, print an PB-datastore, close the printdriver? It seems that the definition of the external functions is a little bit difficult. Running my code results in: Error: Specified argument type differs from required argument type at runtime in DLL function getlasterrormsg. (invalid stack pointer on return from function call) at line 85 in function do_print_ws_db of object j_print. I would be glad getting some hints defining the external functions/subroutines for the amyuni-functions. thanks, Ludwig The way I tried this (don't use it, it's wrong)..... 1) Define local external functions in my NVO-print object for all amyuni functions (like an API-call) // Functions from CDIntf to print directly to a PDF-file Function Long DriverInit (Ref String Printer) LIBRARY "CDIntf" Function Long PDFDriverInit (Ref String Printer) LIBRARY "CDIntf" Subroutine DriverEnd (Long hPrinter) LIBRARY "CDIntf" // no return value, is Subroutine ok ??????? Function Long SetDefaultDirectory (Long hPrinter, String Directory) LIBRARY "CDIntf" Function Long SetDefaultFileName (Long hPrinter, String FileName) LIBRARY "...

Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 #2
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window data directly to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram You posted this same request yesterday - and have responses. See 'objects' Newsgroup post 'Saveas PDF on Client Machine' on 10/16/08 HTH KL > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > > I need to print my data window data directly to pdf files. > > > I didn'...

Powerbuilder,Printing a file
Is there any way I can print a file from within Powerbuilder. I see lots of Print functions in the online help, but nothing that will let me point to a file. I'm running Powerbuilder 7.0 Win98 Thanks Hi, If it is a local printer use the port as the file name, if on the network use the full path. i_file = FileOpen('\\server\printer', LineMode!, Write!) Works with text mode. If you wish to print graphics requires other tech. (Technique provided by Jerry Siegel) S. Bokhari =============================================== "Mary Dupelle" <m.dup...

powerbuilder and pdf files
I would like to know the process, steps and objects I would need to display "Adobe Acrobat's pdf files" with a powerbuilder application. You will need to embed the MS Web Browser control in your window and view the PDF via the browser control. Also, take a look at the following: http://groups.google.com/groups?q=powerbuilder+pdf+file+display&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&selm=9pQWJp%23P9GA.449%40forums.powersoft.com&rnum=1 -- Andy Turiansky [TeamSybase] <espears@abssinc.com> wrote in message news:1BA11116505381030058B6D585256CD...

Printing to file from PowerBuilder
Hello, Can anybody please tell me how can I print to file using Power Builder? I have Power Builder 7. I am trying to print the content of a data window. I can use: dw_list.Print() to print to the default printer, but how can I print it to file? Thank you and have a nice day. Joan Set the DataWindow.Print.FileName property for the datawindow object. On Thu, 1 Nov 2001 15:07:51 +0200, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.datawindow Ghost <joanna.elkhoury@amyuni.com> wrote: >Hello, > >Can anybody please tell me how can I print to file using Power Build...

Print PDF in powerbuilder
Hello, Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file in powerbuilder? I mean if i have a file call XXX.pdf, how can i coding in the button cb_button, so that the pdf file will print automatically when i click the button cb_button. Thank You ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Get the printer utility from www.powerwhizz.com to print to PDF from PB "Sunny" <stupidlai@hongkong.com> wrote in message news:0#lVYT41AHA.302@forums.sybase.com... > Hello, > Can anyone tell me how to print a pdf file i...

Printing to PDF from Powerbuilder
Does anyone know how I would go about printing a file from Powerbuilder to PDF? Are there plugins required, does Powerbuilder allow something like this? Thanks. >>Does anyone know how I would go about printing a file from Powerbuilder to PDF? Are there plugins required, does Powerbuilder allow something like this? << You can load either Amyuni's PDFConverter printer driver or Adobe's PDFWriter printer driver and just use the usual print mechanisms (e.g. dw.Print()). If you don't want to be prompted to specify the .pdf filename, then you can set th...

Display a PDF-File in PowerBuilder
Hello, how can i display a PDF-File (build with GhostScript) in a PowerBuilder Application without opening another window (like Acrobat Reader). Thanks in advance Uwe Use Acrobat Reader OCX on a PB window. > how can i display a PDF-File (build with GhostScript) in a > PowerBuilder Application without opening another window > (like Acrobat Reader). > > Thanks in advance > > Uwe > > That's what I do and it works well. Interestingly Adobe only supports it in the browser though. If you have any problems with it in another environment...

print excel file from powerbuilder
Using pb 10.5 I have an excel filename. I want to print this excel filename behind the scenes. That is I do want the user to see excel load the file and for them to have to hit the print from excel. I want to automate this in PowerBuilder, any way to do this? You could use OLE Automation or you could use the ShellExecute Windows API function and send it the "print" command. On 30 May 2008 05:31:39 -0700, Sharon wrote: >Using pb 10.5 >I have an excel filename. >I want to print this excel filename behind the scenes. That >is I do want the user to see ex...

printing to pdf from powerbuilder 11
Hi All, I'm new to powerbuilder. I need to print my data window or report window to pdf files. I didn't know how to do. please help me. Printing to pdf file from the powerbuilder 11 application. please advice. Rgds & Thks, Chidambaram It's in the Help File. Search for the phrase "GhostScript". Paul Horan[Sybase] <chithu.palaniappan@gmail.com> wrote in message news:552eca65-5d9c-4807-9b72-0d3ad19bf88d@b2g2000prf.googlegroups.com... > Hi All, > > I'm new to powerbuilder. > > I need to print my data window or repo...

Using Pdf file in PowerBuilder
Hello, Can anyone tell me that: In PowerBuilder, I have a OLE object or Acrobat Control. And in the pdf file, i have make a field call phone_no. The question is that how can i put the value from powerbuilder to the field in the pdf file. Thank You Very Much!!! ...

Print to secure pdf SDK for Powerbuilder
Hi, Is there a way to print to a pdf file from PowerBuilder? The SDK must allow setting the permissions for the pdf file and to secure it using user's password. Thank you. You'd need a third party product that looks like a printer and supports that feature. http://www.planetpdf.com/ is a good place to start shopping. Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product Enhancement Requests: http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement On 1/12/2011 4:17 PM, magotici wrote: > Hi, > Is there a way to print to a pdf file from PowerBuilder? The SDK must allow > setting the permissions for the pdf file and to secure it using user's > password. > > Thank you. > > You can use SaveAs ( PDF! ) if it's a DataWindow. Once you've done that, you can use a utility like iText to manipulate advanced attributes such as permissions and locking it. http://itextpdf.com/ On 12 Jan 2011 13:17:26 -0800, "magotici" <magotici@labstat.com> wrote: >Hi, >Is there a way to print to a pdf file from PowerBuilder? The SDK must allow >setting the permissions for the pdf file and to secure it using user's >password. > >Thank you. > Thank you, Manuel Agotici "Bruce Armstrong" <NOCANSPAM_bruce.armstrong@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:obfsi6hujj00ukokkb3kp4nd104iueokd8@4ax.com... > > You can use SaveAs ( PDF...

How to store and display PDF files in Powerbuilder?
I have the need to store PDF files in a database. I am using ASA 9.x and have defined the PDF column to be of type long binary. What I don't know how to do is: a.) Give the user the ability to select a PDF file and then store it in the database. b.) Give the user the ability to select a list of PDF files from the database and then display the one they select. I've had conflicting information so I am not sure how to do this best and most simply. From my understanding their is the embedded SQL statements and then the OLE Database Blob on the dw. However, I don't...

Merge pdf files using Powerbuilder
Hi! Is there any way to merge two .pdf files generated by powerbuilder to be merged into one pdf file through powerbuilder. Any body can point me to any web site etc... Thanks, Sandeep The short answer is 'no' -- there is no built-in function in PB that handles PDF files. The long answer depends on how you generated the two PDF fioles in the first place -- if the PDF driver that you use supports the merge functionality, than the answer is 'Yes'. -- <hopethishelps /> Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] mySybase - http://my.sybase.com "SM" <...

Create PDF file from within PowerBuilder
Anyone know how to do this? I have Acrobat on my PC, but I see no functions in their OCX. Dave; Now a native process in PB 9! Regards... Chris Great White North Technical Evangelist "David Gerdner" <dave@gerdner.org> wrote in message news:OrSixR69CHA.324@forums-1-dub... > Anyone know how to do this? I have Acrobat on my PC, but I see no functions > in their OCX. > > Until PB9 comes out, there are several 3rd-party options.. We use the Amyuni driver from www.amyuni.com -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] VCI Springfield, MA www.vci...

Sending a PowerBuilder Report to A PDF file.
I have Adobe Acrobat 4.0 Installed on my machine. I would like to be able to convert/send my powerbuilder reports to PDF . Does anyone know how ? PB9 has saveas with PDF as a parameter. Take a look at that as well as the datawindow group - lots of discussion on it. -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <rfalagan> wrote in message news:41adee91.47bd.1681692777@sybase.com... > I have Adobe Acrobat 4.0 Installed on my machine. I would > like to be able to convert/send my powerbuilder reports to > PDF . Does anyone know how ? ...

Opening Image, PDF files in Powerbuilder
Hi All, I am searching for a method to open .BMP, .JPG, .GIF, .TIF, .PDF files from Powerbuilder based on the extensions. Now I am able to open only .DOC and .DOCX files. I am new to Ole Controls. Pls help me in doing this. If not all atleast 1 or 2 of the above extensions will do. Thanks in advance, Prakash ShellExecute will work for this, if you don't need the viewer itself within the Powerbuilder application. Pat "Sai Prakash" <saipriya.9@gmail.com> wrote in message news:1194338134.773013.106350@22g2000hsm.googlegroups.com... > Hi All,...

Anyone using PowerWhizz PDF-print in PowerBuilder ??
And if You do.. please read below... Is there any way to change the quality of the printed ??? I have tried to change it on runtime like this.. Directly on the DW.. no change... <DW Control Name>.Modify("DataWindow.Print.Quality='<0 -Default, 1 - High, 2 - Medium, 3 - Low, 4 - Draft>' ") I'm using PB7.0.. All printing goes through PowerWhizz -> PDFwriter 4.0 Maybe it can be changed in PDFwriter, but I'd really like to be able to do it on runtime ?? Help please.. Dennis The effect of print quality only applies to the gen...

Web resources about - Print a pdf file in powerbuilder - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles