PowerBuilder VS Delphi

I going to star a new project and I have to decide the development Tool.
People ask me that Delphi is better than PowerBuilder.

What do you think?

        Thanks in advance.

                                            juan.ccill    Spain

0
juan

Check groups.google.com. Been discussed to death.

Good luck,

On Fri, 7 Sep 2001 12:38:10 +0200, "juan.ccill"
<juan.ccill@airtel.net> wrote:

>I going to star a new project and I have to decide the development Tool.
>People ask me that Delphi is better than PowerBuilder.
>
>What do you think?

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
Version 2.1 now available at the Sandbox
0
Terry

Delphi vs Powerbuilder
Hi All! I used to be a Delphi fan until I came accross PB back in 1995. It took me some time to be convinced, however, I need assistance to convince people who are ignorant about PB that PB is a much better tool than Delphi. It always sounds better coming from somebody else in another part of the world. Many thanks in advance. Run this DejaNews query -- http://www.deja.com/qs.xp?ST=PS&QRY=PB+Vs.+VB+Vs.+Delphi&defaultOp=AND&DBS=1 &OP=dnquery.xp&LNG=ALL&subjects=&groups=*powerbuilder*&authors=&fromdate=&to date=&showsort=score&ma...

POwerBuilder vs Delphi #2
Hi all, This could seem a silly question, but I need to demostrate if PowerBuilder is better than Delphi and the reasons. Specially I you have to develope a Database application. Thanks Jordi Happy Reading! http://www.dejanews.com/[ST_rn=ps]/dnquery.xp?ST=PS&QRY=PowerBuilder+Vs.+Del phi+Vs.+VisualBasic&defaultOp=AND&DBS=1&format=terse&showsort=score&maxhits= 25&LNG=ALL&subjects=&groups=*.powerbuilder*&authors=&fromdate=&todate= -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamPS] Big Noise <pepe.rubianes-quitaesto-@usa.net...

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

PowerBuilder vs VB, Delphi & Co ...
Hi ! A friend of mine is working in a company who is actually looking for a new programmation language. Has someone an idea about the strong and the weak points of Powerbuilder ? The head of his company argues that Sybase will go down in the future, and that PB encounters huge stability problems (it's seen as a rather "buggy" language). They say also that the number of PB projects decreases time after time ... I would appreciate the objective (!) advices of some people aware of different 4GL, as I didn't have made developments in other languages than PB...

Re: PowerBuilder vs VB, Delphi & Co ...
On Thu, 08 Oct 1998 23:14:46 GMT, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general,comp.soft-sys.powerbuilder Craig Wagner <cwagner@metacorp.com> wrote: >Mike Swaim <swaim@gemini.c-com.net> wrote: > >> I tend to think that it's easier to teach a good programmer a particular >>language, rather than to teach someone who programs a particular language >>to be a good programmer. > >I can't agree with this enough. As an instructor I see lots and lots of people >who have been coding by rote in languages like COBOL, Fortran and C who can't...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Delphi and PowerBuilder
How can I call PowerBuilder 5 reports from Delphi 4 Professional? Can it be done? The way we do it from VB4&6 is to actually run a PB executable, to which we pass reportname and optional arguments. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Canadian Forest Oil Ltd. Check out Sybase Developer's Network: http://www.sybase.com/sdn Manuel A. Toranzo <mtoranzo@att.net> wrote in message news:XZy#0dRl$GA.111@forums.sybase.com... > How can I call PowerBuilder 5 reports from Delphi 4 Professional? Can it be > done? > > ...

Powerbuilder vs Java vs C#
Just a bit of a rant really, not trying to start any wars or anything (just my personal opinions) I use powerbuilder for work, have been since version 5 we develop a suite of about 5 applications client/sever apps i have used java in my spare time for a similar sized application (just 1 app, not a suite of them) i have started using Visual C# 2005 because according to all the stuff i have read pb is going to dotnet and it would be a good idea to get the hang of things in dotnet before pb11 comes around the corner other langauges i have used alot are perl and php my com...

PowerBuilder and delphi
I have to choose between powerbuilder and delphi. Actually, I am not able to find the powerbuilder advantage or a document which compare both products. Could someone help me please. Thanks This is a comparison between PB and VB , not what you asked for i know, but it kinda sums up the PB advantages. HTH John > I have to choose between powerbuilder and delphi. > Actually, I am not able to find the powerbuilder advantage > or a document which compare both products. Could someone > help me please. > Thanks Where's the link? <John Vanleeuwe> wrote in m...

INPUT and OUTPUT vs. Tmestamp vs. Powerbuilder
As I sit here throwing ASA8 databases across a network so I can use Powerbuilder8's 'pipeline' object at my desk to transfer data among these several dbs, I'm taking time for a question... >>>How come INPUT doesn't work?<<< The table in question is 4 columns, integer, char(6), char(8) and timestamp. And it's that pesky timestamp that seems to stump Interactive SQL, but is easy for the PB pipeline. I create the rows with either PB's 'SaveRowsAs..' or with ISQL's OUTPUT. And the data exports correctly. But when I go to...

Powerbuilder
long ll_rc dw_1.SETTRANSOBJECT(SQLCA) dw_1.retrieve() g_ole_crx_application = create oleobject g_ole_crx_report = create oleObject g_ole_crx_connection_info = create oleObject Resultset lrs_resultset ADOResultset lrs_adoresultset oleobject loo_AdoRecordset DataStore lds_temp lds_temp =create Datastore lds_temp.Dataobject="dw_print" lds_temp.settransobject(sqlca) lds_temp.retrieve() lrs_resultset=create resultset ll_rc=lds_temp.generateresultset(lrs_resultset) lrs_adoresultset = create adoresultset ll_rc = lrs_adoresultset.SetResultset(lrs_resultset) loo_AdoRecords...