Powerbuilder vs Actuate

Hi
Has anybody heard of Actuate. The company wants to sell us their products.
Since PB 7.0 we are not really sure if should stay with PB!

Thanks
Henry

0
Henry
6/30/2001 2:35:50 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 15 followers. Follow

From what I see on their Web site, this is a reporting tool, not a
Client/Server, Distributed and Web development environment. Depending on
what your needs are, this may or may not be an option.

If you have been successful in the past with PowerBuilder, and it still
solves your IT/business problems, there is no reason to switch. If you
experienced issues with PB7, consider upgrading to 8.0. The investment will
be less that the cost of a new product when you factor the learning curve,
etc.

All that being said, you should download an eval version of Acutate and make
your own informed decision.

--
<hopethishelps />
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Henry Knoll" <henry_knoll@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Has anybody heard of Actuate. The company wants to sell us their products.
> Since PB 7.0 we are not really sure if should stay with PB!
>
> Thanks
> Henry

0
Roy
6/30/2001 3:26:39 PM
Henry,

Actuate is purely reporting tool, unless they have introduced new
functionality in the recent past. Our company has used Actuate as a
reporting solution for several projects.

If you are looking for just a reporting solution, Actuate is quite a good
choice because it has a lot of functionality including the creation of
object oriented reports.

HTH

Sanjiv.

"Henry Knoll" <henry_knoll@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> Hi
> Has anybody heard of Actuate. The company wants to sell us their products.
> Since PB 7.0 we are not really sure if should stay with PB!
>
> Thanks
> Henry

0
Sanjiv
6/30/2001 5:55:05 PM
Henry,

Ditto on the other responses.  We also use Actuate.  I created a PB Actuate
object to view and generate the reports in PB on the Actuate server.  It's
pretty simple.  Holler if you want to take a look at it.
--
Tom Mackin
TEMackin@Delinvest.com

Henry Knoll wrote:

> Hi
> Has anybody heard of Actuate. The company wants to sell us their products.
> Since PB 7.0 we are not really sure if should stay with PB!
>
> Thanks
> Henry

0
Tom

Powerbuilder 9.0 vs. Powerbuilder 8.0
What is the difference in Powerbilder 9.0 and 8.0? I would like to point out that the Appeon newsgroup is monitored by Sybase and Appeon engineering staff who are very knowledgeable about Appeon issues. Question that are purely PowerBuilder-related are best answered by the staff and users of the PowerBuilder newsgroup: sybase.public.powerbuilder.XXXX. Please post to the appropriate newsgroup so you receive the help you desire. Thanks, Julie Jiang Appeon Corporation <dburris@onesolution.com> wrote in message news:40589011.2717.846930886@sybase.com... > What is the diffe...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Powerbuilder vs Java vs C#
Just a bit of a rant really, not trying to start any wars or anything (just my personal opinions) I use powerbuilder for work, have been since version 5 we develop a suite of about 5 applications client/sever apps i have used java in my spare time for a similar sized application (just 1 app, not a suite of them) i have started using Visual C# 2005 because according to all the stuff i have read pb is going to dotnet and it would be a good idea to get the hang of things in dotnet before pb11 comes around the corner other langauges i have used alot are perl and php my com...

INPUT and OUTPUT vs. Tmestamp vs. Powerbuilder
As I sit here throwing ASA8 databases across a network so I can use Powerbuilder8's 'pipeline' object at my desk to transfer data among these several dbs, I'm taking time for a question... >>>How come INPUT doesn't work?<<< The table in question is 4 columns, integer, char(6), char(8) and timestamp. And it's that pesky timestamp that seems to stump Interactive SQL, but is easy for the PB pipeline. I create the rows with either PB's 'SaveRowsAs..' or with ISQL's OUTPUT. And the data exports correctly. But when I go to...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

About Powerbuilder...
Hi group, I've upgraded PB 6.5 with the last maintenance release but I always see Version 6.5 Build 444 into "About Powerbuilder..." in Help menu . It's right this? Thanks in advance Michelangelo INGRASSIA There *was* a bug at some point in the PB6 series that didn't report the correct build number. The best way to be certain that *all* the DLLs being loaded are the correct version is to use HandleEx from http://www.sysinternals.com and check all the PB*.DLL versions. This is also useful for troubleshooting, as more than one problem has been cause...

Powerbuilder
long ll_rc dw_1.SETTRANSOBJECT(SQLCA) dw_1.retrieve() g_ole_crx_application = create oleobject g_ole_crx_report = create oleObject g_ole_crx_connection_info = create oleObject Resultset lrs_resultset ADOResultset lrs_adoresultset oleobject loo_AdoRecordset DataStore lds_temp lds_temp =create Datastore lds_temp.Dataobject="dw_print" lds_temp.settransobject(sqlca) lds_temp.retrieve() lrs_resultset=create resultset ll_rc=lds_temp.generateresultset(lrs_resultset) lrs_adoresultset = create adoresultset ll_rc = lrs_adoresultset.SetResultset(lrs_resultset) loo_AdoRecords...

Powerbuilder
I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe. How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can anyone pl guide me. thanks. Shaikh moin If you are using ASA 6 then look in the Help... ASA User's Guide PART 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use CHAPTER 27. Deploying Databases and Applications Using a silent installation for deployment If you are using SQL Anywhere 5 try looking here... SQL Anywhere User's Guide ...

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder vs Actuate - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles