PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?

Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0
to PB 6.0/6.5?  Did you run into any major problems?  ANY upgrade
advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated.  Should I just wait
for 7.0?  What's the latest on its release?

Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com.

Thanks in advance,
Ellen

(The last living person not using PFC.  IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!)
0
leusch

Ellen,

Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for
PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help.

Rey Bango
Team Powersoft...

Steve Leuschner wrote:

> Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0
> to PB 6.0/6.5?  Did you run into any major problems?  ANY upgrade
> advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated.  Should I just wait
> for 7.0?  What's the latest on its release?
>
> Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com.
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Ellen
>
> (The last living person not using PFC.  IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!)

0
Rey

NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 Upgrade to NW 6.0 GW 6.5 and New Hardware
We are planning on upgrading a mirrored NW 5.0 SP6a GW 5.5 server to a raid 5 NW 6.0 GW 6.5 server in a mixed NW 5.0/NW 6.0 environment. My supervisor has been having me try restoring NDS from a tape backup onto test servers to simulate our production network before implementing the upgrade. Does anyone have any suggestions on how to simulate our production network (Is it necessary to do this) for testing? and/or Is there more than one method to accomplish the transition between old NW5.0/GW5.5 and new NW6.0/GW6.5 and a specific order to follow for that method? My superv...

5.0 & 6.0 to 6.5 upgrade
We currently have two node NW6SP5 cluster, one NW6SP5 non-cluster, and some NW50SP6a servers. We plan to upgrade the 6.0 servers to OES NetWare 6.5; migrate one of our 5.0 servers to newer hardware and remove the others. Currently one of the cluster servers is the master and SLPDA. To introduce OES NetWare 6.5 to the tree, what is better to do first: *migrate the 5.0 server to a box running NW6SP5, make it master, then do an inplace upgrade to OES NetWare 6.5, then do inplace OES 6.5 upgrade to 6.0 cluster and non-cluster servers? *or migrate the 5.0 server to a box runn...

Powerbuilder 6.0 to 6.5 UPGRADE
Hi, I'm Freddy from Mumbai, India. It has come to the attention of our Company that Sybase is offering Powerbuilder 6.5 upgrade free to the buyers of 6.0. The only problem is that i don't know the site from where i could download it. The ressellers here are highly uncooperative in giving out this kind of info. I would greatly appreciate it if someone could tell me about the site. Thanks A Lot, In Advance Freddy Daruwalla Hi Freddy, Go to http://support.sybase.com/ and click on "Download software." You will have to set up a user profile for yourself, ...

ASA and PowerBuilder 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0
I am currently running PB 5.0 with an Oracle 7.3 database. However, there is a great demand for our remote users to gain access to the app. Therefore, I was looking into using ASA to deploy to our remote users. The problem is that stored procedures are not supported with the run-time version of the database engine that gets deployed with the deployment kit. My question is: Does PB 6.0, 6.5, or 7.0 and/or deployment kit allow the run-time engine to support stored procedures. If not, what are some alternatives? Any guidance will be greatly appreciated. Thanks. >My ...

Upgrade 6.0 to 6.5 with Groupwise 6.5
Morning, Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? Thnaks, Ray > Any issues with upgrading a Netware 6.0 latest sp server to Netware 6.5 > sp4 with Groupwise 6.5 latest service pack on it? > Should be fine -- SBS 6.5 and 6.6 shipped with 6.5 SP1b and then SP3 and GroupWise 6.5.4. One thing though, why SP4 on the NW 6.5 server? I'd go with SP5 plus the post SP5 update package. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Only reason is config control, the ot...

Upgrading 4.0 to 5.0 then 6.0 or go straight to 6.0
Hi All, I think the subject speaks for itself Thanks in advance Mustafa You should have no trouble going straight to 6 from 4. Once you do this, go back and get rid of the obsolete function calls. -- Regards, Millard[TeamPowersoft] -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+ mf3@gatesys.com Co-Author of PowerBuilder 5.0: Object Oriented Design and Development McGraw-Hill, ISBN 0-07-024469-3 Co-Author of PFC Professional Reference (Block, Brown, Gasin, Green & Tauber) McGraw-Hill, 0-07-913267-7 -+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+-+...

Concurrent perl 5.6.0, 5.6.1, 5.8.0, and 5.8.0threaded
Hi, So, I'd like to have multiple versions of perl installed on my system, for testing stuff, poking around, etc. It's not really that difficult, actually - you just arrange that they have different @INC directories (or that they overlap in the ways you want them to), and you make /usr/bin/perl point as a symlink to whichever version you want to use regularly (probably 5.6.1). Here's what I think I'd have, creating a few fink packages to manage things for me: * /usr/bin/perl5.6.0 - Apple's perl, unmodified, @INC is: /System/Library/Perl/darwin ...

NW 6.0.5 to 6.5.5 in-place upgrade abend
Hi all, We're finally upgrading NetWare on our GW 6.5.7 server from 6.0.5 to 6.5.5 using the overlay CD. However, during the upgrade, it seems at the point of the health check, I get a Page fault abend running process Java_### Thread-2 Process. Further, "The CPU encountered a problem executing code in LIBC.NLM. The problem may be in that module or in data passed to that module by a process owned by Java". Any ideas? Thanks as always. Len Bonk Network Analyst Community Unit School District 200 Update - Tried sp6 as well with the same result. Here's t...

In-place upgrade 6.0.5 to 6.5.6 using overlay
Hi It stops before the license agreement saying I cannot do this because I am trying to install products on a server that is not same OS revision of the CD. I checked and it is the OS CD in the drive. Any thoughts? I believe the in place upgrade from 6.0 to 6.5 is launched from the GUI on the server. -- Barry Schnur Novell Support Connection Volunteer Sysop Will K wrote: >It stops before the license agreement saying I cannot do this because I am >trying to install products on a server that is not same OS revision of the >CD. I checked and it is the OS ...

Upgrade from 5.5.5 to GW 6.5.0
Are there any things that I need to look at before I upgrade my GroupWise. I have been reading the install procedures, but there is always something unexpected that comes along. I am running NW 6.0.2 and GW 5.5.5, with webaccess running on a different NW server. I also have David fax ware running on a different server that comes into play. I have about 200 users that will be using GW and I am going to upgrade this week end. I will be upgrading MTA, POA, WebAccess and GWIA. Any tips out there that would save me a lot of problems. Thanks, Tim Well I dunno anything ab...

upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6
Hi, We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve the problem with sending mail to yahoo. My question is do I have to upgrade everything? On one server we have the MTA, GWIA, POA for our main postoffice and webaccess. On the second server we have 4 other postoffice's for our student email. Can I just upgrade the main server with the MTA, GWIA, POA and webaccess and leave the other server alone at 6.5.5? If so will any reconfiguration be neccessary on the old post offices? > Hi, > We are going to upgrade from 6.5.5 to 6.5.6 to hopefully solve th...

PowerBuilder 5.0 to 5.0.0.2
I hope this the correct venue for this question. I have a fresh install of PB 5.0 and I need to upgrade it to 5.0.0.2. I have found plenty of reference/downloads to 5.0.0.4 on the sybase website, but I need to go from 5.0 to 5.0.0.2. Where can I download the correct patch/upgrade? Thanks 5.0.0.2 is no longer available. You can choose between 5.0.03 (bug infested) and 5.0.04 (stable). -- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://sdn.sybase.com MySybase - http://my.sybase.com "Dwayne Bordelon" <dwayne.bordelon@shawinc...

Update from 6.5.0 to 6.5.6
Hello togheter I have updated from GW 6.5.0 to 6.5.6. Now when i unload all Groupwise agents the following messaging appear: Return from ipmgmt register = FFFFFFFF errorcode = 8 another message appear also: GWPOA: Malfunctioning with the initialization of the POA (ffffffff). Module XGBAS40.NLM is being referenced. With the update there were no problems. We don't need Webaccess. The GWIA became also updated. What can i do for solve the problem? Thanks Dani Umbricht from Switzerland d.umbricht@seetalschaller.ch wrote: > Hello togheter > I have updated from ...

Slow network response after upgrading from 5.5.0.4 to 6.0.0.643
Hi. I upgraded my DB from 5.5.0.4 to 6.0.0.643, since the upgrade the Data Transfer from the server to the clients become very slow. 1. To upgrade my DB I used the upgrade database util from the central of ASA6. (Success) 2. My Command Line on the server is: "C:\Program Files\Sybase\Adaptive Server Anywhere 6.0\win32\dbsrv6.exe" -nWinOM -c 16M -x tcpip{Host=10.0.0.1} C:\Projects\Projects\WinOM\DB\WINOM0001.DB On the Client Side I am running ODBC. ODBC Configuration for Adaptive Server AnyWhere Login TAB --------------- UserID: dba Password: sql Da...

SQL Anywhere 5.0 upgraded by ASA 6.0?, ASA 6.0 on Linux???
What is ASA? Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? Can I directly upgrade a Database from SQL Anywhere 5.0 (windows NT) to ASA 6.0 or 7.0? Then, what is the database engine for Linux? or ASA 6.0 or 7.0 is multiplatform? Please, any help, I don't understand. P.S.: My SQL Anywhere 5.0 is boundled with DataEase Plus 2.77 conected via ODBC, will run with ASA on any platform? > What is ASA? Adaptive Server Anywhere. IE enchanced & considerably improved versions of old SQL Anywhere > Is the newest version of Sybase SQL Anywhere 5.0? No. Last versio...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles