Powerbuilder to the web?

Hi,
  Is it possible to create a web application just using the new "web enabled"
facilities in Powerbuilder 7? If so is it very difficult or are other Sybase
products such as Powersite needed to accomplish this?

Thanks
Jason
Jason

It is possible to create web apps with the web-enabled features of PB, and
no, PowerSite is not required. What is required is a dynamic page server
(like PowerDynamo or ASP) and a component transaction server (like Jaguar).
To get a real-world, scalable app, you would most likely need to customize
the out-of-the-box Web Datawindow component, to suit your needs.

I would start by reading Larry Cermak's [TeamSybase] article series about
the Web Datawindow, and familiarize yourself with EAServer (Jaguar and
Dynamo). The powersoft.public.easerver and powersoft.public.powersite groups
have many useful code examples.

--
pbm_hopethishelps,
Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase]

"Jason" <jburdey@ugg.com> wrote in message
> Hi,
>   Is it possible to create a web application just using the new "web
enabled"
> facilities in Powerbuilder 7? If so is it very difficult or are other
Sybase
> products such as Powersite needed to accomplish this?
>
> Thanks
> Jason

Roy