Powerbuilder Source Control Setup

Hello all,

we are using Powerbuilder in a team development environment using
VisualSource Safe.

The setup is the same as in PB6 anf before - one central set of
libraries on the server and  working libraries locally. This
is the same as the recommended setup for PB7 <= 5031.

In the document "Powerbuilder Source Control Recommended Setup" I found
on the Sybase site a new kind of setup supported by
pb7 7017 and above.

Can someone explain me this setup, esp. by using VisualSourceSafe, more
in detail? Which kind set of object I have to register? How
to deal with the SourceSafe dialog which I'll get after clicking "Add
Object".

Andreas

0
Andreas

Well, I've used it with CVS and PVCS, but not VisualSourceSafe, but perhaps
this will help.

You register each object in the libraries.  The object source is extracted
out and saved on the server.  It's not a whole lot different than the pre
5031 method, except with the post 5031 method you don't need to keep a
'master' PBL.  Everyone just uses their own set of libraries and updates
against the repository.

The "Add Objects" method is used to add objects that other developers have
created and registered to your working set of PBLs.  I don't know what the
dialog you are getting looks like, but it should be showing you objects that
have been added by other developers (if any) and then asking you which PBL
you want to put them in.

On Fri, 19 Oct 2001 13:36:55 +0200,
Andreas Holz <asholz@topinform.de> wrote:
>Hello all,
>
>we are using Powerbuilder in a team development environment using
>VisualSource Safe.
>
>The setup is the same as in PB6 anf before - one central set of
>libraries on the server and  working libraries locally. This
>is the same as the recommended setup for PB7 <= 5031.
>
>In the document "Powerbuilder Source Control Recommended Setup" I found
>on the Sybase site a new kind of setup supported by
>pb7 7017 and above.
>
>Can someone explain me this setup, esp. by using VisualSourceSafe, more
>in detail? Which kind set of object I have to register? How
>to deal with the SourceSafe dialog which I'll get after clicking "Add
>Object".
>

>Andreas

Bruce Armstrong [TeamSybase]
http://www.needhim.org

Bruce

PowerBuilder Source Control Setup #2
We are setting up to use Merant PVCS Version Manager with our PowerBuilder development. We have been looking at Sybase support technical document 1010496 (PowerBuilder Source Control Recommended Setup) to make sure that we have a setup that allows multiple developers to develop and run at the same time. The detail of this document may be sufficient for experienced PB people. For me though, terms like "distribute a copy", "add it to their copy" and "synchronise their registered set" don't tell me enough about how to go about it. I am hoping t...

We would like to use Team foundation server as source control for Powerbuilder. Is there some documentation how to use this. Thanks Eric There is an SCC interface available for TFS. After that, from the PowerBuilder perspective, it is no different than working with any other SCC provider. Mike "ontsnapt" <ontsnapt@hotmail.com> wrote in message news:462f2ae7$1@forums-1-dub... > We would like to use Team foundation server as source control for > Powerbuilder. > > Is there some documentation how to use this. > > Thanks > >...

PowerBuilder & Source Control
Hello, We have found that when moving from PowerBuilder 7 build 10047 (or lower) to PowerBuilder 7 build 10069 (or higher) that we have a problem interacting with our datawindow objects which are under source control with Microsoft Visual SourceSafe 6.0. From the library painter, one can select a registered object and request, "Compare Differences..." which of course should let you know if the object in your pibble and the object in the source control database have any differences. Normally, when the object is checked in and sitting on the network baseline, one would cert...

PowerBuilder 9.X Source Control
Hello to all. Wondering if I can post a question. We just upgraded to PB9 & trying to figure out how to best take advantage of PB's new Source Control. Where can I find some documents, white papers, or documentation on how to use Source Control in PB9? Would appreciate the help. Thank You. Start with these articles... Many folks have commented that they were helpful in understanding the SCC changes in PB8 and 9. http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0812/horan/ http://www.sys-con.com/pbdj/archives2/0901/horan/ -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] <Al> wrote in mes...

Powerbuilder & Source Control #2
Does anyone know how to tell Powerbuilder to export an object as either UnicodeLE or UTF8 text when using source control? I have tried both Merant & Microsoft's Team Foundaion Server with no luck. Wheeley Not sure what you're asking... Can you define "with no luck" in any more detail? -- Paul Horan[Sybase] http://blogs.sybase.com/phoran/ "Wheeley" <wheeley@ix.netcom.com> wrote in message news:5918j5179dv275cb9q98d1dboc8dp99d7h@4ax.com... > Does anyone know how to tell Powerbuilder to export an object as > either UnicodeLE or UT...

Powerbuilder 9.0
With our current setup, we keep all application PB objects on a shared server(call it W:\Development). We check out from there to the developers local(C) drive, finish work and check back in to W:. We currently use 7.0 and we are in the process of migrating over to 9.0. With 9.0, it seems when I check out an object to my local, the object on the shared W drive doesnt show that it is checked out, and can be modified. Is there any source control security to protect the shared workspace on the W:\? If someone has an object checked out locally, you can still go and make a change t...

PowerBuilder 8 Native Source Control
Hi, we are using PB 8.0.2 Build 9506 with native source control and it doesn't work very well when we need to delete objects or to move objects from a pbl to another. Delete problem : if I delete an object, the other users will still have it even after a "Get Latest Version" operation Move problem : if I move an object, the other users will have two version of this object, one in the old pbl and another in the new pbl... if in the list of pbls of our target the old pbl cames before the new one, the other users won't see the changes I made. Even worse... if we do a &qu...

Powerbuilder 8, native source control
i try to set up pb8 native source control, but it does'nt work. is this the right way ? (the new doc is'nt very good) 1) Storage location : this is where the server files reside 2) Local path : copy of server files, and this is the checkout files 3) username - just any username... when i view objects in library painter, the objects is marked with a dot and a question mark. check out seems to work, and i can now modify the object. but after checking in, the dot and question mark shows up again. when i open the modified object on server, i can't see the changes i&...

PowerBuilder Bugs: Using VB ActiveX control (OCX) in PowerBuilder 6.0
I'm going to write some VB ActiveX control (using Microsoft VB6.0 SP3) to be used in PowerBuiler 6.5, but I found that it's very easy to crash in PowerBuilder, Here is the test case: 1) Create a very simple VB ActiveX control (only one button without any script) in Visual Basic 2) Create a PB project to open a Main Window (w_1) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control 3) Open another Window (w_2) with an ole object of VB ActiveX control (can be same as previous or other control) 4) Click the OLE object in w_2 to make it get focus 5) Close w_2 -> it will crashed If ...

source control with PB Native in powerbuilder 11
I am trying to do source control with pb native. I click on added to source control and point it to a local directory. It adds all the source control fine. But when i try to refresh it i get this error: Compile/Import failure in phase 3? When i try to run my program i get this error: Object file is out of date error? All source control system have been unable to export and re import back in each of our objects. the best way for us to be able to export out all the objects at once and be able to import them all back into the project. is there any way to do this? FYI: there i...

Powerbuilder 11.5 source control compatibility
We are currently using Powerbuilder 9 and Merant Version Manager 8. We want to upgrade to Powerbuilder 11.5. Can someone tell me which version of Serena/Merant Version Manager supports PB 11.5? There was no way to access Sybase support on this and I couldn't find any articles regarding this. Hopefully someone can tell me?? PB simply works with the SCC API, so if your desired version of Merant supports that API, then PB 11.5 will work with it. In other words, there are no longer any direct interfaces between PB and the SCC provider. -- Paul Horan[Sybase] http://blogs...

I need some opinions on choosing a Source Control System for PowerBuilder.
After finally migrating to PowerBuilder 8 using PBNative for source control we are coming to the conclusion that we really need a Source Control System. With only three developers I am looking for a basic system that requires a minimum of on-going support. Has anyone had any experience with CS-RCS from Component Software ? Any other suggestions for a small shop solution would also be appreciated. Thanks in Advance . Bob Gardner I've done a little research on this, and I've come to the conclusion that there are three varieties of SCC package out there. The "Y...

PowerBuilder with Harvest Source control "Diffs"
I am attempting to link PowerBuilder to Harvest for source control. The initial process of checking my .pbl files into harvest seemed to go fine. Now whenever I open PowerBuilder with source control connected a Diff window opens for each .srw file. How do I get PowerBuilder to stop opening the diff files? Please do not respond by suggesting that we purchase a third party software application. Its not going to happen. uncheck perform diff on statusupdate check box on workspace properties and try if that solves.... <lysaght3> wrote in message news:4034bfd1.551b.846930886@syb...

PVCS Source Control - Multiple Developers
Can anyone point me to some comprehensive documentation regarding setting up PVCS source control for a PowerBuilder 8 project. We recently migrated from PB 6.5 to PB 8 and, I've been able to set up the project but, I'm missing a few "pieces of the puzzle". For example... in PVCS we check out our pbls to a common network drive. We then copy those onto each developers workstation. The network pbls have a workspace and, each developer has a workspace and all workspaces point to the same pvcs project. How do we keep the common pbls on the network in synch wit...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder Source Control Setup - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles