Powerbuilder Service Program

Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a service
program?

For example, the master program will work as a 'add' service
program.

I write another program and send parameter 1 & 2 to the
master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2).

I know that it is possible to write a web service but I
don't want to implement IIS on the client site.

Thanks
John Smith
0
John

http://www.topwizprogramming.com/pbniserv.html

Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
Product Enhancement Requests:

On 8/27/2010 5:56 AM, John Smith wrote:
> Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a service
> program?
>
> For example, the master program will work as a 'add' service
> program.
>
> I write another program and send parameter 1&  2 to the
> master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2).
>
> I know that it is possible to write a web service but I
> don't want to implement IIS on the client site.
>

> Thanks
> John Smith
0
Jerry
8/27/2010 12:08:58 PM
Hi John;

   See Jerry's response.

However, you would think by now that Sybase would have implemented this as a
standard feature in PB like they did Kiosk support in PocketBuilder. Many
other products (like WinDEV for example) have this as a standard feature.
Please feel free to add this as an enhancement request:
http://www.isug.com/common/EnhancementsProcess.html

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com

"John Smith" wrote in message news:4c778bb1.2c2f.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a service
> program?
>
> For example, the master program will work as a 'add' service
> program.
>
> I write another program and send parameter 1 & 2 to the
> master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2).
>
> I know that it is possible to write a web service but I
> don't want to implement IIS on the client site.
>

> Thanks
> John Smith

0
Chris
8/27/2010 3:24:10 PM
Why reinvent the wheel? See http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/42381 note the
date, as things may have changed since NT ;-)
Scroll to the bottom and read about srvany.

On 8/27/2010 11:24 AM, Chris Pollach wrote:
> Hi John;
>
> See Jerry's response.
>
> However, you would think by now that Sybase would have implemented this
> as a standard feature in PB like they did Kiosk support in
> PocketBuilder. Many other products (like WinDEV for example) have this
> as a standard feature. Please feel free to add this as an enhancement
> request: http://www.isug.com/common/EnhancementsProcess.html
>

> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>

> "John Smith" wrote in message news:4c778bb1.2c2f.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a service
>> program?
>>
>> For example, the master program will work as a 'add' service
>> program.
>>
>> I write another program and send parameter 1 & 2 to the
>> master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2).
>>
>> I know that it is possible to write a web service but I
>> don't want to implement IIS on the client site.
>>

>> Thanks
>> John Smith

0
Jerry
8/27/2010 3:38:28 PM
Hi

srvany is a bit outdated, and needs registry tweaking.

The newer "sc.exe" (service create) has some advantages....

There is a MSDN article on it , "How to create a Windows service by using
Sc.exe"
http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251192

HTH

"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo.com> schrieb im
Newsbeitrag news:4c77dbf4$1@forums-1-dub...
> Why reinvent the wheel? See http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/42381 note the
> date, as things may have changed since NT ;-)
> Scroll to the bottom and read about srvany.
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 8/27/2010 11:24 AM, Chris Pollach wrote:
>> Hi John;
>>
>> See Jerry's response.
>>
>> However, you would think by now that Sybase would have implemented this
>> as a standard feature in PB like they did Kiosk support in
>> PocketBuilder. Many other products (like WinDEV for example) have this
>> as a standard feature. Please feel free to add this as an enhancement
>> request: http://www.isug.com/common/EnhancementsProcess.html
>>

>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
>> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>

>> "John Smith" wrote in message news:4c778bb1.2c2f.1681692777@sybase.com...
>>> Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a service
>>> program?
>>>
>>> For example, the master program will work as a 'add' service
>>> program.
>>>
>>> I write another program and send parameter 1 & 2 to the
>>> master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2).
>>>
>>> I know that it is possible to write a web service but I
>>> don't want to implement IIS on the client site.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> John Smith

0
JohnD
8/27/2010 4:00:38 PM
A program running under srvany doesn't get notified that it is shutting down
when the service is shut down via Control Panel.

"Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo.com> wrote in message
> Why reinvent the wheel? See http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/42381 note the
> date, as things may have changed since NT ;-)
> Scroll to the bottom and read about srvany.
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 8/27/2010 11:24 AM, Chris Pollach wrote:
>> Hi John;
>>
>> See Jerry's response.
>>
>> However, you would think by now that Sybase would have implemented this
>> as a standard feature in PB like they did Kiosk support in
>> PocketBuilder. Many other products (like WinDEV for example) have this
>> as a standard feature. Please feel free to add this as an enhancement
>> request: http://www.isug.com/common/EnhancementsProcess.html
>>

>> Regards ... Chris
>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
>> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>

>> "John Smith" wrote in message news:4c778bb1.2c2f.1681692777@sybase.com...
>>> Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a service
>>> program?
>>>
>>> For example, the master program will work as a 'add' service
>>> program.
>>>
>>> I write another program and send parameter 1 & 2 to the
>>> master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2).
>>>
>>> I know that it is possible to write a web service but I
>>> don't want to implement IIS on the client site.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> John Smith

0
Roland
8/27/2010 4:19:14 PM
Jerry posted a link to my PBNIServ service product. On that webpage I
explain that true Windows services require callback support which
PowerBuilder does not have. One of the Win API functions that uses a
callback also creates a separate thread which would complicate the matter if
Sybase were to implement callbacks.

"Chris Pollach" <cpollach@travel-net.com> wrote in message
> Hi John;
>
>   See Jerry's response.
>
> However, you would think by now that Sybase would have implemented this as
> a standard feature in PB like they did Kiosk support in PocketBuilder.
> Many other products (like WinDEV for example) have this as a standard
> feature. Please feel free to add this as an enhancement request:
> http://www.isug.com/common/EnhancementsProcess.html
>

> Regards ... Chris
> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>

> "John Smith" wrote in message news:4c778bb1.2c2f.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a service
>> program?
>>
>> For example, the master program will work as a 'add' service
>> program.
>>
>> I write another program and send parameter 1 & 2 to the
>> master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2).
>>
>> I know that it is possible to write a web service but I
>> don't want to implement IIS on the client site.
>>

>> Thanks
>> John Smith

0
Roland
8/27/2010 4:26:52 PM
What I was thinking of was that PB should have a "Service Wizard" like we
have for Applications, EAServer, Assemblies, etc that would create the
necessary service infrastructure and also generate all the necessary API
calls in the background to make this happen (Auto-magically <bg>).

<JohnD> wrote in message news:4c77e126@forums-1-dub...
> Hi
>
> srvany is a bit outdated, and needs registry tweaking.
>
> The newer "sc.exe" (service create) has some advantages....
>
> There is a MSDN article on it , "How to create a Windows service by using
> Sc.exe"
> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251192
>

> HTH
>

> "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo.com> schrieb im
> Newsbeitrag news:4c77dbf4$1@forums-1-dub...
>> Why reinvent the wheel? See http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/42381 note the
>> date, as things may have changed since NT ;-)
>> Scroll to the bottom and read about srvany.
>>
>> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
>> Product Enhancement Requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> On 8/27/2010 11:24 AM, Chris Pollach wrote:
>>> Hi John;
>>>
>>> See Jerry's response.
>>>
>>> However, you would think by now that Sybase would have implemented this
>>> as a standard feature in PB like they did Kiosk support in
>>> PocketBuilder. Many other products (like WinDEV for example) have this
>>> as a standard feature. Please feel free to add this as an enhancement
>>> request: http://www.isug.com/common/EnhancementsProcess.html
>>>

>>> Regards ... Chris
>>> President: OSUG / STD Inc.
>>> Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
>>> PBDJ: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com
>>> SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/projects/stdfndclass
>>>

>>> "John Smith" wrote in message

0
Chris
8/27/2010 4:35:50 PM
Jerry,

Haven't done this in a while. When I did I used
http://www.ecrane.com/pbservice1.cfm. What are the
differences in your method? (assuming you are familiar with
the Powergen product)

> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/pbniserv.html
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 8/27/2010 5:56 AM, John Smith wrote:
> > Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a
> > service program?
> >
> > For example, the master program will work as a 'add'
> > service program.
> >
> > I write another program and send parameter 1&  2 to the
> > master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2).
> >
> > I know that it is possible to write a web service but I
> > don't want to implement IIS on the client site.
> >

> > Thanks
> > John Smith
0
Russ
8/27/2010 5:38:21 PM
Visual studio has a Service template to create a service program that
handles onStart and onStop events. I use it to instantiate a
PowerBuilder-deployed .Net assembly which has PB functions in NVO's,
plus it can get to the .Net framework and other assemblies.

In article <4c778bb1.2c2f.1681692777@sybase.com>, John Smith says...

> Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a service
> program?
>
> For example, the master program will work as a 'add' service
> program.
>
> I write another program and send parameter 1 & 2 to the
> master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2).
>
> I know that it is possible to write a web service but I
> don't want to implement IIS on the client site.
>

> Thanks
> John Smith

0
jwayt
8/29/2010 8:43:33 PM
Hi Jerry,

Is it possible to run the service program on a server and
the calling program on client PC?

John Smith

> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/pbniserv.html
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:
> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
> Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 8/27/2010 5:56 AM, John Smith wrote:
> > Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a
> > service program?
> >
> > For example, the master program will work as a 'add'
> > service program.
> >
> > I write another program and send parameter 1&  2 to the
> > master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2).
> >
> > I know that it is possible to write a web service but I
> > don't want to implement IIS on the client site.
> >

> > Thanks
> > John Smith
0
John
8/30/2010 2:15:43 AM
You'd be better off asking Roland (please jump in!) but my guess is that
would require his Winsock
http://www.topwizprogramming.com/freecode_winsock.html tool as well.
If this gets really complex, you may want to consider <plug
type="shameless"> EAServer
http://www.sybase.com/products/modelingdevelopment/easerver </plug>

On 8/29/2010 10:15 PM, John Smith wrote:
> Hi Jerry,
>
> Is it possible to run the service program on a server and
> the calling program on client PC?
>

> John Smith
>

>> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/pbniserv.html
>>
>> Report Bugs to Sybase:
>> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
>> Enhancement Requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> On 8/27/2010 5:56 AM, John Smith wrote:
>>> Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a
>>> service program?
>>>
>>> For example, the master program will work as a 'add'
>>> service program.
>>>
>>> I write another program and send parameter 1&   2 to the
>>> master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2).
>>>
>>> I know that it is possible to write a web service but I
>>> don't want to implement IIS on the client site.
>>>

>>> Thanks
>>> John Smith
0
Jerry
8/30/2010 3:40:22 AM
Here's a start for you: http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/146555

On 8/27/2010 12:35 PM, Chris Pollach wrote:
> What I was thinking of was that PB should have a "Service Wizard" like
> we have for Applications, EAServer, Assemblies, etc that would create
> the necessary service infrastructure and also generate all the necessary
> API calls in the background to make this happen (Auto-magically <bg>).
>

> <JohnD> wrote in message news:4c77e126@forums-1-dub...
>> Hi
>>
>> srvany is a bit outdated, and needs registry tweaking.
>>
>> The newer "sc.exe" (service create) has some advantages....
>>
>> There is a MSDN article on it , "How to create a Windows service by
>> using Sc.exe"
>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251192
>>

>> HTH
>>

>> "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo.com> schrieb im
>> Newsbeitrag news:4c77dbf4$1@forums-1-dub...
>>> Why reinvent the wheel? See http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/42381 note
>>> the date, as things may have changed since NT ;-)
>>> Scroll to the bottom and read about srvany.
>>>
>>> Report Bugs to Sybase: http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
>>> Product Enhancement Requests:
>>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

0
Jerry
8/30/2010 3:46:27 AM
It would be possible to use Winsock to communicate between a service on one
machine and a client app on another. I am currently revamping my Winsock
object and have added a new form of the of_Listen function that will work
without a window handle. I have created a sample service using PBNIServ
where it listens for connection requests from client apps. It seems to work
OK but I wouldn't use it in a high volume situation. PBNI doesn't support
SharedObject multi-threading so it can only handle one request at a time.

If this is going to be a high volume, I would recommend EAServer components
or a Web Service. The OP doesn't want to setup IIS on his client's server so
EAServer might be out of the question as well.

<John Smith> wrote in message news:4c7b144f.3d22.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi Jerry,
>
> Is it possible to run the service program on a server and
> the calling program on client PC?
>

> John Smith
>

>> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/pbniserv.html
>>
>> Report Bugs to Sybase:
>> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
>> Enhancement Requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> On 8/27/2010 5:56 AM, John Smith wrote:
>> > Is it possible to write a powerbuilder program as a
>> > service program?
>> >
>> > For example, the master program will work as a 'add'
>> > service program.
>> >
>> > I write another program and send parameter 1&  2 to the
>> > master program and it will return 3 (1 + 2).
>> >
>> > I know that it is possible to write a web service but I
>> > don't want to implement IIS on the client site.
>> >

>> > Thanks
>> > John Smith

0
Roland
8/30/2010 11:58:11 AM
Another random thought - if commonality is what's required (all clients
call the same service program) another possibility is a stored procedure
in the DBMS called by RPCFUNC. One system I worked on used that so
extensively that it ran into the code size limit in the transaction user
object and had to abuse inheritance to make room for more!

On 8/30/2010 7:58 AM, Roland Smith [TeamSybase] wrote:
> It would be possible to use Winsock to communicate between a service on one
> machine and a client app on another. I am currently revamping my Winsock
> object and have added a new form of the of_Listen function that will work
> without a window handle. I have created a sample service using PBNIServ
> where it listens for connection requests from client apps. It seems to work
> OK but I wouldn't use it in a high volume situation. PBNI doesn't support
> SharedObject multi-threading so it can only handle one request at a time.
>
> If this is going to be a high volume, I would recommend EAServer components
> or a Web Service. The OP doesn't want to setup IIS on his client's server so
> EAServer might be out of the question as well.
>
> <John Smith>  wrote in message news:4c7b144f.3d22.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Hi Jerry,
>>
>> Is it possible to run the service program on a server and
>> the calling program on client PC?
>>

>> John Smith
>>

>>> http://www.topwizprogramming.com/pbniserv.html
>>>
>>> Report Bugs to Sybase:
>>> http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do Product
>>> Enhancement Requests:
>>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement

0
Jerry
8/30/2010 12:08:04 PM
That would be a good way to do it, they wouldn't need to setup anything
additional at the client site.

If ASE or SQLAnywhere supported PowerBuilder as a stored procedure language
that would be ideal.

> Another random thought - if commonality is what's required (all clients
> call the same service program) another possibility is a stored procedure
> in the DBMS called by RPCFUNC. One system I worked on used that so
> extensively that it ran into the code size limit in the transaction user
> object and had to abuse inheritance to make room for more!
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 8/30/2010 7:58 AM, Roland Smith [TeamSybase] wrote:
>> It would be possible to use Winsock to communicate between a service on
>> one
>> machine and a client app on another. I am currently revamping my Winsock
>> object and have added a new form of the of_Listen function that will work
>> without a window handle. I have created a sample service using PBNIServ
>> where it listens for connection requests from client apps. It seems to
>> work
>> OK but I wouldn't use it in a high volume situation. PBNI doesn't support
>> SharedObject multi-threading so it can only handle one request at a time.
>>
>> If this is going to be a high volume, I would recommend EAServer
>> components
>> or a Web Service. The OP doesn't want to setup IIS on his client's server
>> so
>> EAServer might be out of the question as well.
>>
>> <John Smith>  wrote in message
>>> Hi Jerry,
>>>
>>> Is it possible to run the service program on a server and
>>> the calling program on client PC?
>>>

>>> John Smith

0
Roland
8/30/2010 2:10:39 PM
Other than distributing the scripts to create/update the SP with each
release.
Wouldn't it be? Maybe SAP will be able to break down the silos.

On 8/30/2010 10:10 AM, Roland Smith [TeamSybase] wrote:
> That would be a good way to do it, they wouldn't need to setup anything
> additional at the client site.
>
> If ASE or SQLAnywhere supported PowerBuilder as a stored procedure language
> that would be ideal.
>
> "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]"<jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo.com>  wrote in message
>> Another random thought - if commonality is what's required (all clients
>> call the same service program) another possibility is a stored procedure
>> in the DBMS called by RPCFUNC. One system I worked on used that so
>> extensively that it ran into the code size limit in the transaction user
>> object and had to abuse inheritance to make room for more!
>>
>> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
>> Product Enhancement Requests:
>> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>>
>> On 8/30/2010 7:58 AM, Roland Smith [TeamSybase] wrote:
>>> It would be possible to use Winsock to communicate between a service on
>>> one
>>> machine and a client app on another. I am currently revamping my Winsock
>>> object and have added a new form of the of_Listen function that will work
>>> without a window handle. I have created a sample service using PBNIServ
>>> where it listens for connection requests from client apps. It seems to
>>> work
>>> OK but I wouldn't use it in a high volume situation. PBNI doesn't support
>>> SharedObject multi-threading so it can only handle one request at a time.
>>>
>>> If this is going to be a high volume, I would recommend EAServer
>>> components
>>> or a Web Service. The OP doesn't want to setup IIS on his client's server
>>> so
>>> EAServer might be out of the question as well.
>>>
>>> <John Smith>   wrote in message

0
Jerry
8/30/2010 6:10:04 PM
I meant a wizard supplied by Sybase.

> Here's a start for you: http://pbdj.sys-con.com/node/146555
>
> Report Bugs to Sybase:  http://case-express.sybase.com/cx/welcome.do
> Product Enhancement Requests:
> http://my.isug.com/cgi-bin/1/c/submit_enhancement
>
> On 8/27/2010 12:35 PM, Chris Pollach wrote:
>> What I was thinking of was that PB should have a "Service Wizard" like
>> we have for Applications, EAServer, Assemblies, etc that would create
>> the necessary service infrastructure and also generate all the necessary
>> API calls in the background to make this happen (Auto-magically <bg>).
>>

>> <JohnD> wrote in message news:4c77e126@forums-1-dub...
>>> Hi
>>>
>>> srvany is a bit outdated, and needs registry tweaking.
>>>
>>> The newer "sc.exe" (service create) has some advantages....
>>>
>>> There is a MSDN article on it , "How to create a Windows service by
>>> using Sc.exe"
>>> http://support.microsoft.com/kb/251192
>>>

>>> HTH
>>>

>>> "Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase]" <jNOsSPAMsiegel@yahoo.com> schrieb im
>>> Newsbeitrag news:4c77dbf4$1@forums-1-dub...

0
Chris

Announcing the PowerBuilder 10 Public Beta Program!Join the PowerBuilder 10.0 Beta Team!
Join the PowerBuilder 10.0 Beta Team! PowerBuilder is getting ready for the 10.0 release and would like to invite you to join the Beta Team! The exciting new developments you will have early access to as a member of the Beta Team include: Unicode support DataWindow.NET Object Oriented Modeling with PowerDesigner plug-in UDDI search ADO.NET support NETXML Web Datawindow Your participation in the beta test cycle is an opportunity to provide valuable feedback to engineering regarding the quality and capabilities of this release. As a member of the team, you will learn from the e...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

powerbuilder program in citrix environment
We have a program written in powerbuilder deployed using citrix. Users connect to our program through citrix log on. The program runs in citrix server and user sees the seamless screen. From this program we need to execute a client program such as excel, acrobat reader or Internet explorer . 1) Used run command in powerbuilder but excel or iexplore runs in server side and screen transmit to user. 2) Tried using ole and show the files but same thing. can anyone help with this? Thank you in advance If not "seamless" does it work? (ie - log into a Citrix deskto...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

Powerbuilder
long ll_rc dw_1.SETTRANSOBJECT(SQLCA) dw_1.retrieve() g_ole_crx_application = create oleobject g_ole_crx_report = create oleObject g_ole_crx_connection_info = create oleObject Resultset lrs_resultset ADOResultset lrs_adoresultset oleobject loo_AdoRecordset DataStore lds_temp lds_temp =create Datastore lds_temp.Dataobject="dw_print" lds_temp.settransobject(sqlca) lds_temp.retrieve() lrs_resultset=create resultset ll_rc=lds_temp.generateresultset(lrs_resultset) lrs_adoresultset = create adoresultset ll_rc = lrs_adoresultset.SetResultset(lrs_resultset) loo_AdoRecords...

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

PowerBuilder Translator program
Hello group, I want to ask if there is any translation program for PowerBuilder in order to translate my applications from greek or english to other languages. I know that PowerBuilder comes with a translation toolkit. I am looking if there are any third party tools. I heard that Microsoft has one. Regards Dimitris Karistinos http://www.wizart.com/en/index.shtml On 19 Jul 2004 01:15:27 -0700, "Dimitris Karistinos" <dkaris@relational.gr> wrote: >Hello group, >I want to ask if there is any translation program for PowerBuilder in order >to transla...

Powerbuilder
I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe. How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can anyone pl guide me. thanks. Shaikh moin If you are using ASA 6 then look in the Help... ASA User's Guide PART 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use CHAPTER 27. Deploying Databases and Applications Using a silent installation for deployment If you are using SQL Anywhere 5 try looking here... SQL Anywhere User's Guide ...

Where is Powerbuilder?
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html Delphi is much less in vogue than PowerBuilder and is listed in Top 10. Not believable. Regards, SNS > http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html > > The Next 50 Programming Languages The following list of languages denotes #51 to #100. Since the differences are relatively small, the programming languages are only listed (in alphabetical order). a.. ABC, Algol, Alpha, APL, Applescript, AspectJ, Beta, Boo, Caml, cg, Clean, Csh, cT, Curl, DC, Dylan, Eiffel, Felix, Foc...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder Service Program - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles