PowerBuilder`s DLL

A long time ago I found here in Sybase`s WebSite a documentation about
powerbuilder`s DLL (description of each one). Would somebody  know how can I
find this documentation again ? Thanks

0
Luiz

The Application Techniques manual describes each of the deployment
DLLs. Don't know of any list describing the others.

Good luck,

On Fri, 19 Jul 2002 23:51:27 -0300, "Luiz Felipe de Camargo"
<lcamargo@horizon.com.br> wrote:

>A long time ago I found here in Sybase`s WebSite a documentation about
>powerbuilder`s DLL (description of each one). Would somebody  know how can I
>find this documentation again ? Thanks

Home of PBL Peeper, a PowerBuilder Developer's Toolkit.
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

PowerBuilder DLL's
Hi: Does anyone know if it's possible to acces a PowerBuilder DLL from a non-PowerBuilder application, if it's not possible how can i create, in PowerBuilder, something like an API to be a accesed by other applications. Thank in advance. hi! In visual basic can write : Dim a as new object a.createobject("clase") // Excel use Excel.Application now, you can use your object with yours events... in PB use ConnectToNewObject luck., bye Jorge Alberto Ar�valo Ruiz wrote: > Hi: > Does anyone know if it's possible to acces a PowerBuilder DL...

Building DLL`s to other applications than PowerBuilder
Hello, all!! I am new in PowerBuilder and I trying build a library(DLL) with PowerBuilder enclosed functions for authentication in a security subsystem. This functions access a database for check security informations (LoginName, PassWord, permissions, etc). Do it's possible with PB? Do somebody have others alternatives? Thanks in advance!! Not possible unless it's built as a component and deployed to EAServer, or built as an EXE and accessed using DDE/OLE. regards, Bill <Fernando_Dumas> wrote in message news:3F63168AE62FD55D001196A485256B90.001196B88525...

Editing Powerbuilder DLL's!
Here's an interesting discovery - is it a bug or a feature? I created a simple PB dll containing a function (fAdd to add two numbers) and a window (w_extender containing a 'hello world' static text field). In another application, I included the dll in the library list and, as expected, I could reference the add function and open the window (I could of course inherit from w_extender also). Here's the unexpected part. By opening the window painter I could open w_extender, edit it and save it back into the dll! The dll size changed and the date was updated. Of cour...

Problem registering dll created in Powerbuilder 8 and migrated to Powerbuilder 11
Hi, We have created a dll in Powerbuilder 8 as a com/mts application. This dll was then migrated to powerbuilder 11.1 build 8204. I am able to build the dll on my development machine and properly register the dll on my development machine on windows 7. When i deploy my dll and test application to a clean windows xp box, i am unable to register my dll using regsvr32. No error is displayed and the message box identifing that the registration was successful is never displayed. I have deployed all Powerbuilder 11 runtime using the powerbuilder runtime packager. I also deployed...

Powerbuilder 8 deployment DLL's
Where can I find the list of deployment DLL's for PB8? Thanks! - Jason I just found it in Chapter 36 of Application Techniques online. Thanks anyway. Maybe this will help someone else :) Name Required for ------------------ ----------------------------------------------------- PBVM80.DLL All LIBJCC.DLL All PBDWE80.DLL DataWindows and DataStores PBRTC80.DLL Rich Text PBFNT80.INI Mapping unavailable fonts PBLAB80.INI Label DataWindow presentation style predefined formats PBTRA8...

DLL's for Powerbuilder 8.0
To run executable created from powerbuilder 8.0 which are the dll's needed to be copied?. Thanks for the help in advance. M.B.S Hi, Next time, please post this to a PB newsgroup, this one is for easerver using pb components or clients. Please read Application techniques/Part9 deployment techniques -> PowerBuilder runtime files. Here is a short list (you can find it there): Name Required for PBVM80.DLL All LIBJCC.DLL All PBDWE80.DLL DataWindows and DataStores PBRTC80.DLL Rich Text PBFNT80.INI Mapping unavailable fonts PBLAB80.IN...

FDF Toolkit's DLL in powerbuilder
Hi, Anybody knows about how to call Adobe's FDF toolkit's API as external DLL in powerbuilder. How to declare as I dont know it's return datatype and arguments's data type. TIA, Atul ...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity32_C...

One PowerBuilder app triggering an event on another PowerBuilder app's Frame
Running 2 concurrent PowerBuilder apps (both MDI). Is there a way to trigger a user event on the frame of one of the apps from the other? I can get a handle to the frame window, and I am guessing that a Send() of some kind would do the trick, but I don't know which parameters to use or where the parameters for the Send() are documented. Thanks for the help. I recently had the same situation. You can use send or post to send a message to a window in another application. First you need the handle of the window you are sending the message to. Since it is in another applica...

Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2
Different behavior of " encrypt.dll " in PowerBuilder 8 and in Powerbuilder 10.2 1.. Will PB 10.2 support encrypt.dll ? 2.. My code was working in PB 8 but in PB 10 it is not working I don't know what is issue Like if I give password in PB 8 "mike_" it is working fine but same password I give in PB 10 then it is not working. Is any issue with Unicode ? code of declaration of external fn. private function ulong n_cst_ssisecurity32_CPP_CONSTRUCTOR() library 'encrypt.dll' private subroutine n_cst_ssisecurity...

Calling Custom C++ DLL's in Powerbuilder
I am trying to write a custom C++ DLL in Visual Studio 2008. I have used various other third party and windows api DLL in my applications before and never had a problem. But when I tried to call my custom DLL I am getting a "Specified argument type differs from required argument type at runtime in DLL function..." I have made a little test DLL with two functions: extern "C" DllExport int AddNumbers(int num1, int num2); extern "C" DllExport int AddNumbers1(); extern "C" DllExport int AddNumbers(int num1, int num2) { return num1 + nu...

Powerbuilder 32bit with dll's or arccos problems
I have been using a dll called PBTRIG.DLL to do arccos mathimatics for the last 2 years, I just went to 32 bit in windows 95 and the DLL has stopped functioning. Can anyone out there help. DLL External Function definition: FUNCTION DOUBLE ArcCos(double a) LIBRARY "C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM\PBTRIG.DLL" Mathimatical Problem: long rows, doit DECIMAL {6} p_from_lat, LATITUDE_NORTH_1, LATITUDE_NORTH_2, site_lat DECIMAL {6} p_from_lon, LONGITUDE_WEST_1, LONGITUDE_WEST_2, site_lon DECIMAL {6} RADIUS = 3960 DECIMAL {9} X_1, Y_1, Z_1, X_2, Y_2, Z_2, ANGLE DECIMAL DIST = 0 st...

PowerBuilder 8 Deployment DLL's #2
I am looking for the list of the DLL files which needs to be shipped to the user (Windows XP) machine during the Application deployment. Thanks in advance: vutkin@exchange.ml.com Look in the HTML books, Application Techniques. There is a section on deploying the application. <Larry Utkin> wrote in message news:40699ca8.2fbb.846930886@sybase.com... > I am looking for the list of the DLL files > which needs to be shipped to the user (Windows XP) > machine during the Application deployment. > Thanks in advance: vutkin@exchange.ml.com ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder`s DLL - sybase.powerbuilder.general