powerbuilder pdf support.

Hi.

I am trying to find out which version of powerbuilder
provides pdf as 'saveas' option.

Provided that I am not in a position to use ghostscript and
XLS-FO.
0
scott

SaveAs PDF started with PB9. It requires Ghostscript. Ghostscript is a free
open source program. Any other solution is going to require a purchase.

<scott> wrote in message news:4b4e2d6f.848.1681692777@sybase.com...
> Hi.
>
> I am trying to find out which version of powerbuilder
> provides pdf as 'saveas' option.
>
> Provided that I am not in a position to use ghostscript and
> XLS-FO.

0
Roland
1/13/2010 10:59:19 PM
PB12.Net will have native pdf capability.  There is screenshot of a pdf
created that way on http://www.sybase.com/powerbuilder12beta under the Demo
& Screenshot gallery.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
http://casexpress.sybase.com

"Roland Smith [TeamSybase]" <topwiz.smith_at_comcast_dot_net> wrote in
message news:4b4e5047$1@forums-1-dub...
> SaveAs PDF started with PB9. It requires Ghostscript. Ghostscript is a
> free open source program. Any other solution is going to require a
> purchase.
>
> <scott> wrote in message news:4b4e2d6f.848.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> Hi.
>>
>> I am trying to find out which version of powerbuilder
>> provides pdf as 'saveas' option.
>>
>> Provided that I am not in a position to use ghostscript and
>> XLS-FO.

0
Terry
1/14/2010 12:05:05 AM
Checkout CATsoftPDF. This library allows you to create PDF and XPS from
PowerBuilder. http://www.catsoft.ch/catsoftpdf.

Arthur
--

scott wrote:

> Hi.
>
> I am trying to find out which version of powerbuilder
> provides pdf as 'saveas' option.
>
> Provided that I am not in a position to use ghostscript and
> XLS-FO.
0
Arthur
1/14/2010 5:42:07 AM
Will you be able to encrypt pdfs from PB12?

On 1/13/2010 7:05 PM, Terry Dykstra [TeamSybase] wrote:
> PB12.Net will have native pdf capability.  There is screenshot of a pdf
> created that way on http://www.sybase.com/powerbuilder12beta under the Demo
> &  Screenshot gallery.

0
Paul