PowerBuilder ODBC error

Hello:

I've recently migrated our database to ASA 9 to SQL Anywhere
11 and I got some ODBC error from PB5. I heard that if we
add a section for SQL Anywhere in PBODB050.ini, the problem
will be resolved. Does anybody know exactly what is required
to add in PBODB050.ini, I got the first section but I don't
know about changes in WATCOM_SPECIALDATATYPES. Please help.

Thanks
Richard
0
Richard
1/12/2011 4:01:49 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 11 followers. Follow

Hi Richard;

   You should really upgrade to PB 11.5 or higher to fully compliant with
SA11 or higher.

Regards ... Chris
President: OSUG / STD Inc.
Blog: http://chrispollach.blogspot.com
PBDJ: http://chrispollach.sys-con.com

"Richard" wrote in message news:4d2dd06d.4b80.1681692777@sybase.com...

Hello:

I've recently migrated our database to ASA 9 to SQL Anywhere
11 and I got some ODBC error from PB5. I heard that if we
add a section for SQL Anywhere in PBODB050.ini, the problem
will be resolved. Does anybody know exactly what is required
to add in PBODB050.ini, I got the first section but I don't
know about changes in WATCOM_SPECIALDATATYPES. Please help.

Thanks
Richard

0
Chris

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

Internal Error
I'm getting a PowerBuilder Runtime Error which says, ' Internal RunTime Engine Failure Contact PowerSoft Tech SUpport (NOOP)'. The error no. is R0011. I get this error when I try to call a function of an nvo from a window function. And the most strange thing is that this is not really a new code, this same code used to work before. I guess this problem started happening after regenerating the application. I'm not sure if the given info wil be helpful, but if u need a full info and feel that u could help then please do send me an e- mail. Thanks a lot , Swai Chand...

error odbc in powerbuilder 6.5.1
we have an application in powerbuilder6.5.1 with a database Sql server 7, we are trying to connect ourselves for odbc from powerbuilder and he/she has not been possible to connect. should we modernize the odbc dribver in powerbuilder?? if it is this way where we could find it or like we can make?? jorge ariza suarez george_ariza@hotmail.com ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp What error are you getting? There is no reason to believe that you need to update the ODBC driver. -- Chris Keating Sybase Adaptiv...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder error
Receiving the following error in PowerBuilder connecting to ASE 11.9.2 Sybase timestamp select failed with SQL Error Code = -1. Cursor is not open. Has anyone seen this before? Thanks, Jason G. jason_s_gorin@dom.dom <<Receiving the following error in PowerBuilder connecting to ASE 11.9.2 Sybase timestamp select failed with SQL Error Code = -1. Cursor is not open. Has anyone seen this before? >> Are you getting this error within PB when connecting to ASE from the database painter or from your application? What version of PB? Is this the first ...

PowerBuilder Error
Hi, I am getting "System Error 35" when using PowerBuilder 5.0.03 with Lotus Notes (cc:mail). We are using VIM API. Can anyone please tell me what is this error all about & how can it be fixed ? Any help would be greatly appreciated. Vishal. Does it fail on a specific function call? How is the function call prototyped? Can you provide the snippet of code which calls the offending function? --- pbm_hopethishelps, Roy Kiesler [TeamSybase] Sybase Developer Network (SDN) - http://www.sybase.com/sdn On Thu, 9 Dec 1999 19:10:31 -0800, in powersoft.publi...

PowerBuilder Error...
Hello! I was trying to connect to the database i created using sql advantage. I was able to connect to it, but I cannot open it's objects (i.e. tables). It prompts an error message.(please see error message below). By the way, i am using PowerBuilder 7.0 to connect to Sybase ASE 12.0. ERROR MESSAGE: Stored procedure 'sp_pb70table' not found. Specify owner.objectname or use sp_help to check whether the object exists (sp_help may produce lots of output). Thanks! KNUBIL There are some script files in the support directory of the PB CD ROM that you need to run against...

Powerbuilder ODBC
Hello: I have a Powerbuilder database (extension file .db) and I want to open with SqlAnywhere ODBC, but I can't. (I don't know) Can you tell me how to do it please? thank you very much You have a SQLAnywhere database. PowerBuilder is a development tool that happens to include SQL Anywhere - PowerBuilder has no "database" of its own. What version of SQL Anywhere do you have? Paul Horan[TeamSybase] "Anne" <anmalo42@lycos.es> wrote in message news:46876fc4@forums-1-dub... > Hello: > I have a Powerbuilder database (extension file ....

Select error: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error
Hi all, we are using PB7.0.3 Build 10135 with a JDBC Connection to MSSQL2k server. JDBC-driver: Microsoft SQL Server 2000 Driver for JDBC Version 2.2 Patch 1. used JDK is 1.2.2 The problem is the same if PB-application is running stand alone or as Component in EAServer. Problem: Whe retieving data everything is working fine unless there is an Euro-character in the data. Then we receive the following Message: "Select error: Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error" Any ideas? Thanks What is the character set being used in JDBC and MSS? From what I have found, ...

select error: decimal conversion error powerbuilder only supports 18
After having migrated powerbuilder 5 to powerbuilder 10.5: A retrieve (that was OK with powerbuilder 5) fails and returns this error message: "select error decimal conversion error powerbuilder only supports 18". Has someone any idea ? Thanks, Leonardo leonardo.rosselli@eng.it wrote: > After having migrated powerbuilder 5 to powerbuilder 10.5: > > A retrieve (that was OK with powerbuilder 5) fails and returns this > error message: > "select error decimal conversion error powerbuilder only supports 18". > > Has someone any ...

Error 999 (rc -1) : Powerbuilder JDBC Internal Error
My fairly complex SQL is working correctly in any JDBC front-end tools. But when using with PB 9.01, it gave me the above error. The database involved is Firebird, and the connection is JDBC. This connection seems to work in all cases except for the above SQLs. I wonder what "internal" PB is talking about so that I can have some clue in fixing my SQL. Thanks, Ben http://vmdd.tech.mylinuxisp.com/catalog/ It's probably not your SQL specifically, but rather some JDBC API call that returned a failure message that PowerBuilder doesn't know how to handle. Me...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder ODBC error - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles