Powerbuilder having any delay or sleep command?

Hi,

	Who know Powerbuilder having any delay or sleep command like C,
foxpro... I does want to use for..loop to implement this function
because this will use the CPU time. Have any suggestion?

Thank for any advice!

Vincent
0
vincent

vincent <vpang@hkstar.com> wrote in article <34015ED9.21E4@hkstar.com>...
: Hi,
:
: 	Who know Powerbuilder having any delay or sleep command like C,
: foxpro... I does want to use for..loop to implement this function
: because this will use the CPU time. Have any suggestion?
:
: Thank for any advice!
:
: Vincent
:

Look into timer/idle events/functions

0
AK
8/25/1997 12:24:00 PM
vincent wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         Who know Powerbuilder having any delay or sleep command like C,
> foxpro... I does want to use for..loop to implement this function
> because this will use the CPU time. Have any suggestion?
>
> Thank for any advice!
>
> Vincent

I've never done that in PowerBuilder, but you can try using external
functions in the Windows SDK to request a delay and do a Yield() in
PowerBuilder to yield the CPU time to Windows.

The Yield() function is documented in PowerBuilder, and you can check a
"C" compiler for the Windows and Win32 SDK functions.
0
Eduardo
8/25/1997 1:30:54 PM
Try using the Timer() function and the Timer event.
HTH

vincent <vpang@hkstar.com> wrote in article <34015ED9.21E4@hkstar.com>...
> Hi,
>
> 	Who know Powerbuilder having any delay or sleep command like C,
> foxpro... I does want to use for..loop to implement this function
> because this will use the CPU time. Have any suggestion?
>
> Thank for any advice!
>
> Vincent

0
James
8/25/1997 2:12:15 PM
I had trouble figuring out the Timer event.  I kind of looks like you
get one interval per script.  That is fine if your wait loop isn't
nested.  I had to nest my wait, so I came up with this kludgoid:

time lt_timer

	lt_timer = relativetime(now(), .1)
	do
	  yield()
	loop until now() > lt_timer

HTH,
Marvin Young

vincent wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         Who know Powerbuilder having any delay or sleep command like C,
> foxpro... I does want to use for..loop to implement this function
> because this will use the CPU time. Have any suggestion?
>
> Thank for any advice!
>
> Vincent
0
Marvin
8/25/1997 2:29:54 PM
vincent wrote:

> Hi,
>
>         Who know Powerbuilder having any delay or sleep command like C,
> foxpro... I does want to use for..loop to implement this function
> because this will use the CPU time. Have any suggestion?
>
> Thank for any advice!
>
> Vincent

Vincent,
Check out item 7h (Eric Aling's Tips)  in the message "FYI: An Optimized
PowerBuilder Answer Search Path" below my signature.

Or click the following link:

http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj/pbtip13.htm

Lijun

Lijun Yang mailto: Yangl@sprintmail.com
Pinnacle Decision Systems, Inc. http://www.pinndec.com
 *** FYI: An Optimized PowerBuilder Answer Search Path ***
1)  Online Help: Press F1 under PB development environment
2)  Online or Printed Books: Run Pob.exe or read the manuals
3)  Static Infobase: Search answers within your local CD drive
4)  Web Infobase:
http://www.powersoft.com/services/support/pbuilder/infobase/
5)  Technical Documents: http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/Home
6)  Reference.com Archives: http://www.reference.com
7)  Tips and Techniques: Click any of these links
 7a) Don Salomon's Win API for PB: http://www.ultranet.com/~dsalomon/api/
 7b) Boris Gasin's PFC Guide: http://www.pfcguide.com/
 7c) Larry Cermak's Tips: http://www.branick-inc.com/pbmain.htm
 7d) Ken Howe's Tips: http://www.pbdr.com/
 7e) Ken Howe's Ask the PB Pro: http://www.inquiry.com/techtips/pb_pro/
 7f) Breck Carter's Tips: http://www.bcarter.com/idxurl.htm
 7g) PureTips: http://www.magicnet.net/purepower/puretips/index.html
 7h) Eric Aling's Tips: http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj/
 7i) Sheldon Tanner's Tips:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stanner/
 7j) Craig Wagner's FAQs:
http://www.teleport.com/~wagnerc/powerbuilder_faq.shtml
 7k) Sharon Buntz's Cheat Sheet: http://www.pfccheatsheet.com/
8) News Groups or List Servers: Post questions
 8a) PS Forums: http://www.powersoft.com/services/support/pbuilder/news/
 8b) Unmoderated Group: news:comp.soft-sys.powerbuilder
 8c) List Server: http://www.opcenter.net/~david_levine/pblmlist.html

Lijun
8/25/1997 2:38:31 PM
If you don't mind using the Windows API function SLEEP, then try:\

//External Function prototype
SUBROUTINE Sleep( ulong ul_MilliSec) library "kernel32.dll"

//PB Code
Sleep(1000) // This would sleep 1 second

HTH,

--

John De Lello
DelWare Consulting Group
DelWare@ct2.nai.net

Lijun Yang <yangl@sprintmail.com> wrote in article
<340198E7.D5EE64A6@sprintmail.com>...
> vincent wrote:
>
> > Hi,
> >
> >         Who know Powerbuilder having any delay or sleep command like C,
> > foxpro... I does want to use for..loop to implement this function
> > because this will use the CPU time. Have any suggestion?
> >
> > Thank for any advice!
> >
> > Vincent
>
> Vincent,
> Check out item 7h (Eric Aling's Tips)  in the message "FYI: An Optimized
> PowerBuilder Answer Search Path" below my signature.
>
> Or click the following link:
>
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj/pbtip13.htm
>

> Lijun

> Lijun Yang mailto: Yangl@sprintmail.com
> Pinnacle Decision Systems, Inc. http://www.pinndec.com
>  *** FYI: An Optimized PowerBuilder Answer Search Path ***
> 1)  Online Help: Press F1 under PB development environment
> 2)  Online or Printed Books: Run Pob.exe or read the manuals
> 3)  Static Infobase: Search answers within your local CD drive
> 4)  Web Infobase:
> http://www.powersoft.com/services/support/pbuilder/infobase/
> 5)  Technical Documents: http://techinfo.sybase.com/css/techinfo.nsf/Home
> 6)  Reference.com Archives: http://www.reference.com
> 7)  Tips and Techniques: Click any of these links
>  7a) Don Salomon's Win API for PB: http://www.ultranet.com/~dsalomon/api/
>  7b) Boris Gasin's PFC Guide: http://www.pfcguide.com/
>  7c) Larry Cermak's Tips: http://www.branick-inc.com/pbmain.htm
>  7d) Ken Howe's Tips: http://www.pbdr.com/
>  7e) Ken Howe's Ask the PB Pro: http://www.inquiry.com/techtips/pb_pro/
>  7f) Breck Carter's Tips: http://www.bcarter.com/idxurl.htm
>  7g) PureTips: http://www.magicnet.net/purepower/puretips/index.html
>  7h) Eric Aling's Tips:
http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/alingejj/
>  7i) Sheldon Tanner's Tips:
> http://ourworld.compuserve.com/homepages/stanner/
>  7j) Craig Wagner's FAQs:
> http://www.teleport.com/~wagnerc/powerbuilder_faq.shtml
>  7k) Sharon Buntz's Cheat Sheet: http://www.pfccheatsheet.com/
> 8) News Groups or List Servers: Post questions
>  8a) PS Forums: http://www.powersoft.com/services/support/pbuilder/news/
>  8b) Unmoderated Group: news:comp.soft-sys.powerbuilder
>  8c) List Server: http://www.opcenter.net/~david_levine/pblmlist.html

John
8/26/1997 11:30:31 AM
Try something like this....

time tTime

Do
	Yield()	//yeld control occasionally - (optional)
	SetPointer(hourglass!)
Loop Until SecondsAfter(tTime, now()) > 120	(or how ever long you want it
to be)

Eduardo Gruber <ifai51@ccinet.corpoven.pdv.com> wrote in article
<3401890E.9CB@ccinet.corpoven.pdv.com>...
> vincent wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> >         Who know Powerbuilder having any delay or sleep command like C,
> > foxpro... I does want to use for..loop to implement this function
> > because this will use the CPU time. Have any suggestion?
> >
> > Thank for any advice!
> >
> > Vincent
>

> I've never done that in PowerBuilder, but you can try using external
> functions in the Windows SDK to request a delay and do a Yield() in
> PowerBuilder to yield the CPU time to Windows.
>
> The Yield() function is documented in PowerBuilder, and you can check a
> "C" compiler for the Windows and Win32 SDK functions.

0
Bill
11/4/1997 1:56:18 PM
This method works.
Unfortunately, It uses all the CPU it can get. This can really slow down the
other programs a lot.
For small time intervals, it is OK.
Another approach is to use the timer event of a window.

I think, in PB6 there will be a non visual timer event too.

Maybe the winAPI sleep is a possibility too.

Geert 'Darling' Van Damme

Bill wrote in message <01bce932$2c55fa40$bfdaf2cc@WRemig.omicron.com>...
>Try something like this....
>
>time tTime
>
>Do
> Yield() //yeld control occasionally - (optional)
> SetPointer(hourglass!)
>Loop Until SecondsAfter(tTime, now()) > 120 (or how ever long you want it
>to be)

0
Geert

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder (PowerScript) command that is equivalent to VB's Instr command
I'm looking for a Powerbuilder (PowerScript) command that is equivalent to VB's Instr command. I need to use it in the below process that I'm converting from VB to PB. Thanks very much for any help! Private Sub Form_Load () .... Do DoEvents Buffer$ = Buffer$ & MSComm1.Input Loop Until InStr(Buffer$, "OK" & vbCRLF) ' Read the "OK" response data in the serial port. ' Close the serial port. MSComm1.PortOpen = False End Sub How about Pos? -- Evita Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologie...

Powerbuilder
I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe. How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can anyone pl guide me. thanks. Shaikh moin If you are using ASA 6 then look in the Help... ASA User's Guide PART 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use CHAPTER 27. Deploying Databases and Applications Using a silent installation for deployment If you are using SQL Anywhere 5 try looking here... SQL Anywhere User's Guide ...

Powerbuilder
long ll_rc dw_1.SETTRANSOBJECT(SQLCA) dw_1.retrieve() g_ole_crx_application = create oleobject g_ole_crx_report = create oleObject g_ole_crx_connection_info = create oleObject Resultset lrs_resultset ADOResultset lrs_adoresultset oleobject loo_AdoRecordset DataStore lds_temp lds_temp =create Datastore lds_temp.Dataobject="dw_print" lds_temp.settransobject(sqlca) lds_temp.retrieve() lrs_resultset=create resultset ll_rc=lds_temp.generateresultset(lrs_resultset) lrs_adoresultset = create adoresultset ll_rc = lrs_adoresultset.SetResultset(lrs_resultset) loo_AdoRecords...

About Powerbuilder...
Hi group, I've upgraded PB 6.5 with the last maintenance release but I always see Version 6.5 Build 444 into "About Powerbuilder..." in Help menu . It's right this? Thanks in advance Michelangelo INGRASSIA There *was* a bug at some point in the PB6 series that didn't report the correct build number. The best way to be certain that *all* the DLLs being loaded are the correct version is to use HandleEx from http://www.sysinternals.com and check all the PB*.DLL versions. This is also useful for troubleshooting, as more than one problem has been cause...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

Powerbuilder
I was speaking with a contact at State of Oregon who had a question/issue: They had someone from IBM put a sniffer on their network, and they noticed that their powerbuilder app. would quite often have a few timeouts before connecting to ASE 11.9.2. I believe there is an ASE server parameter that defines the amount of time for the server to wait before sending a message back to disconnect, along with the number of retries, but he was wondering if there is something in powerbuilder? (I'm trying to find the ASE end of it, but having difficulty...it's something that goes...

Where is Powerbuilder?
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html Delphi is much less in vogue than PowerBuilder and is listed in Top 10. Not believable. Regards, SNS > http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html > > The Next 50 Programming Languages The following list of languages denotes #51 to #100. Since the differences are relatively small, the programming languages are only listed (in alphabetical order). a.. ABC, Algol, Alpha, APL, Applescript, AspectJ, Beta, Boo, Caml, cg, Clean, Csh, cT, Curl, DC, Dylan, Eiffel, Felix, Foc...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder having any delay or sleep command? - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles