PowerBuilder Fatal Error - Please contact Sybase supporting engineer

We are having several reports of users getting this error
message in both our test and production environments.  How
can I get a more detailed description of the problem,
possibly telling us where it is happening.  It isn't a very
descriptive error message as is.
0
Nick
7/23/2007 2:43:24 PM
sybase.powerbuilder.general 62418 articles. 17 followers. Follow

7 Replies
1163 Views

Similar Articles

[PageSpeed] 59

Start by telling us the PB version and release.
Does this happen at the same point of execution every time (can you 
reproduce it)?
That being said, the most common cause of unexplainable errors is a mismatch 
of PB version DLLs.
The version used for the full rebuild, executable generation, and runtimes 
MUST be the same. You can find out what DLLs are being loaded and from what 
library with a free utility from 
http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx

<Nick> wrote in message news:46a4be8c.27a0.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We are having several reports of users getting this error
> message in both our test and production environments.  How
> can I get a more detailed description of the problem,
> possibly telling us where it is happening.  It isn't a very
> descriptive error message as is. 


0
Jerry
7/23/2007 2:56:18 PM
We are using version 9.03 build 8004.

It does not happen at the same point of execution every time
for all users, but there is one test user that can recreate
it consistently.

We are loading the correct version of the DLLs at runtime,
but I am contacting the person in charge of our builds (we
use PowerGen) to find out what DLLs are being used.  I'm not
sure if PowerGen loads the DLLs from the C:\Program
Files\sybase\shared directory or where it gets them from.



> Start by telling us the PB version and release.
> Does this happen at the same point of execution every time
> (can you  reproduce it)?
> That being said, the most common cause of unexplainable
> errors is a mismatch  of PB version DLLs.
> The version used for the full rebuild, executable
> generation, and runtimes  MUST be the same. You can find
> out what DLLs are being loaded and from what  library with
> a free utility from
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx
>
> <Nick> wrote in message
> > news:46a4be8c.27a0.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
> > having several reports of users getting this error
> > message in both our test and production environments.
> > How can I get a more detailed description of the problem
> , possibly telling us where it is happening.  It isn't a
> > very descriptive error message as is.
>
>
0
Nick
7/23/2007 3:54:03 PM
That sure sounds like a multi-version/build problem.
One other thing to try is optimizing the PBLs before the rebuild - IIRC 
PowerGen can be instructed to do that.

<Nick> wrote in message news:46a4cf1b.2950.1681692777@sybase.com...
> We are using version 9.03 build 8004.
>
> It does not happen at the same point of execution every time
> for all users, but there is one test user that can recreate
> it consistently.
>
> We are loading the correct version of the DLLs at runtime,
> but I am contacting the person in charge of our builds (we
> use PowerGen) to find out what DLLs are being used.  I'm not
> sure if PowerGen loads the DLLs from the C:\Program
> Files\sybase\shared directory or where it gets them from.
>
>
>
>> Start by telling us the PB version and release.
>> Does this happen at the same point of execution every time
>> (can you  reproduce it)?
>> That being said, the most common cause of unexplainable
>> errors is a mismatch  of PB version DLLs.
>> The version used for the full rebuild, executable
>> generation, and runtimes  MUST be the same. You can find
>> out what DLLs are being loaded and from what  library with
>> a free utility from
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx
>>
>> <Nick> wrote in message
>> > news:46a4be8c.27a0.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
>> > having several reports of users getting this error
>> > message in both our test and production environments.
>> > How can I get a more detailed description of the problem
>> , possibly telling us where it is happening.  It isn't a
>> > very descriptive error message as is.
>>
>> 


0
Jerry
7/23/2007 4:19:37 PM
PowerBuilder 9 is no longer supported. You could check the last EBF
(build 8836 from December 2006) available at
http://downloads.sybase.com to see if that message is removed from the
runtime DLLs. That doesn't really solve your issue, but at least your
customers won't be told to contact a Sybase supporting engineer <g>. 

To resolve the problem of the crash you are probably going to need to
run the application in trace mode to find out where the error is
occuring. 

Regards,
Dave Fish
Sybase

On 23 Jul 2007 08:54:03 -0700, Nick wrote:

>We are using version 9.03 build 8004.
>
>It does not happen at the same point of execution every time
>for all users, but there is one test user that can recreate
>it consistently.
>
>We are loading the correct version of the DLLs at runtime,
>but I am contacting the person in charge of our builds (we
>use PowerGen) to find out what DLLs are being used.  I'm not
>sure if PowerGen loads the DLLs from the C:\Program
>Files\sybase\shared directory or where it gets them from.
>
>
>
>> Start by telling us the PB version and release.
>> Does this happen at the same point of execution every time
>> (can you  reproduce it)?
>> That being said, the most common cause of unexplainable
>> errors is a mismatch  of PB version DLLs.
>> The version used for the full rebuild, executable
>> generation, and runtimes  MUST be the same. You can find
>> out what DLLs are being loaded and from what  library with
>> a free utility from
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx
>>
>> <Nick> wrote in message
>> > news:46a4be8c.27a0.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
>> > having several reports of users getting this error
>> > message in both our test and production environments.
>> > How can I get a more detailed description of the problem
>> , possibly telling us where it is happening.  It isn't a
>> > very descriptive error message as is.
>>
>>
0
Dave
7/23/2007 4:49:00 PM
How do we run in trace mode?  And if I set the
PbDumpOnUnExpectedException Environment Variable to true to
generate a dump file, how would I view that and would it
tell me anything useful?

> PowerBuilder 9 is no longer supported. You could check the
> last EBF (build 8836 from December 2006) available at
> http://downloads.sybase.com to see if that message is
> removed from the runtime DLLs. That doesn't really solve
> your issue, but at least your customers won't be told to
> contact a Sybase supporting engineer <g>.
>
> To resolve the problem of the crash you are probably going
> to need to run the application in trace mode to find out
> where the error is occuring.
>
> Regards,
> Dave Fish
> Sybase
>
> On 23 Jul 2007 08:54:03 -0700, Nick wrote:
>
> >We are using version 9.03 build 8004.
> >
> >It does not happen at the same point of execution every
> time >for all users, but there is one test user that can
> recreate >it consistently.
> >
> >We are loading the correct version of the DLLs at runtime
> , >but I am contacting the person in charge of our builds
> (we >use PowerGen) to find out what DLLs are being used.
> I'm not >sure if PowerGen loads the DLLs from the
> C:\Program >Files\sybase\shared directory or where it gets
> them from. >
> >
> >
> >> Start by telling us the PB version and release.
> >> Does this happen at the same point of execution every
> time >> (can you  reproduce it)?
> >> That being said, the most common cause of unexplainable
> >> errors is a mismatch  of PB version DLLs.
> >> The version used for the full rebuild, executable
> >> generation, and runtimes  MUST be the same. You can
> find >> out what DLLs are being loaded and from what
> library with >> a free utility from
> >>
> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx
> >> >> <Nick> wrote in message
> >> > news:46a4be8c.27a0.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
> >> > having several reports of users getting this error
> >> > message in both our test and production environments.
> >> > How can I get a more detailed description of the
> problem >> , possibly telling us where it is happening.
> It isn't a >> > very descriptive error message as is.
> >>
> >>
0
Nick
7/23/2007 10:11:48 PM
You can generate a trace file by following the command line for the exe with 
/pbdebug
It will be slow to run as the trace file is opened, written and closed for 
each line of powerscript, but that's the only way the file can be valid 
after the crash and tell you what the last line executed was.
Given that you said it would crash in differ ent places for different users, 
that probably won't be much help.

<Nick> wrote in message news:46a527a4.3552.1681692777@sybase.com...
> How do we run in trace mode?  And if I set the
> PbDumpOnUnExpectedException Environment Variable to true to
> generate a dump file, how would I view that and would it
> tell me anything useful?
>
>> PowerBuilder 9 is no longer supported. You could check the
>> last EBF (build 8836 from December 2006) available at
>> http://downloads.sybase.com to see if that message is
>> removed from the runtime DLLs. That doesn't really solve
>> your issue, but at least your customers won't be told to
>> contact a Sybase supporting engineer <g>.
>>
>> To resolve the problem of the crash you are probably going
>> to need to run the application in trace mode to find out
>> where the error is occuring.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Fish
>> Sybase
>>
>> On 23 Jul 2007 08:54:03 -0700, Nick wrote:
>>
>> >We are using version 9.03 build 8004.
>> >
>> >It does not happen at the same point of execution every
>> time >for all users, but there is one test user that can
>> recreate >it consistently.
>> >
>> >We are loading the correct version of the DLLs at runtime
>> , >but I am contacting the person in charge of our builds
>> (we >use PowerGen) to find out what DLLs are being used.
>> I'm not >sure if PowerGen loads the DLLs from the
>> C:\Program >Files\sybase\shared directory or where it gets
>> them from. >
>> >
>> >
>> >> Start by telling us the PB version and release.
>> >> Does this happen at the same point of execution every
>> time >> (can you  reproduce it)?
>> >> That being said, the most common cause of unexplainable
>> >> errors is a mismatch  of PB version DLLs.
>> >> The version used for the full rebuild, executable
>> >> generation, and runtimes  MUST be the same. You can
>> find >> out what DLLs are being loaded and from what
>> library with >> a free utility from
>> >>
>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx
>> >> >> <Nick> wrote in message
>> >> > news:46a4be8c.27a0.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
>> >> > having several reports of users getting this error
>> >> > message in both our test and production environments.
>> >> > How can I get a more detailed description of the
>> problem >> , possibly telling us where it is happening.
>> It isn't a >> > very descriptive error message as is.
>> >>
>> >> 


0
Jerry
7/23/2007 11:59:20 PM
Jerry Siegel [TeamSybase] wrote:
> You can generate a trace file by following the command line for the exe with 
> /pbdebug
> It will be slow to run as the trace file is opened, written and closed for 
> each line of powerscript, but that's the only way the file can be valid 
> after the crash and tell you what the last line executed was.
> Given that you said it would crash in differ ent places for different users, 
> that probably won't be much help.
> 
> <Nick> wrote in message news:46a527a4.3552.1681692777@sybase.com...
>> How do we run in trace mode?  And if I set the
>> PbDumpOnUnExpectedException Environment Variable to true to
>> generate a dump file, how would I view that and would it
>> tell me anything useful?
>>
>>> PowerBuilder 9 is no longer supported. You could check the
>>> last EBF (build 8836 from December 2006) available at
>>> http://downloads.sybase.com to see if that message is
>>> removed from the runtime DLLs. That doesn't really solve
>>> your issue, but at least your customers won't be told to
>>> contact a Sybase supporting engineer <g>.
>>>
>>> To resolve the problem of the crash you are probably going
>>> to need to run the application in trace mode to find out
>>> where the error is occuring.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Dave Fish
>>> Sybase
>>>
>>> On 23 Jul 2007 08:54:03 -0700, Nick wrote:
>>>
>>>> We are using version 9.03 build 8004.
>>>>
>>>> It does not happen at the same point of execution every
>>> time >for all users, but there is one test user that can
>>> recreate >it consistently.
>>>> We are loading the correct version of the DLLs at runtime
>>> , >but I am contacting the person in charge of our builds
>>> (we >use PowerGen) to find out what DLLs are being used.
>>> I'm not >sure if PowerGen loads the DLLs from the
>>> C:\Program >Files\sybase\shared directory or where it gets
>>> them from. >
>>>>
>>>>> Start by telling us the PB version and release.
>>>>> Does this happen at the same point of execution every
>>> time >> (can you  reproduce it)?
>>>>> That being said, the most common cause of unexplainable
>>>>> errors is a mismatch  of PB version DLLs.
>>>>> The version used for the full rebuild, executable
>>>>> generation, and runtimes  MUST be the same. You can
>>> find >> out what DLLs are being loaded and from what
>>> library with >> a free utility from
>>> http://www.microsoft.com/technet/sysinternals/default.mspx
>>>>>>> <Nick> wrote in message
>>>>>> news:46a4be8c.27a0.1681692777@sybase.com... We are
>>>>>> having several reports of users getting this error
>>>>>> message in both our test and production environments.
>>>>>> How can I get a more detailed description of the
>>> problem >> , possibly telling us where it is happening.
>>> It isn't a >> > very descriptive error message as is.
>>>>>
> 
> 
Make sure your system options state "enable PBDebug Tracing" (General 
tab) before cutting a test EXE to trace..

P.
0
pboud
7/24/2007 7:39:28 PM
Reply:

Similar Artilces:

PowerBuilder Fatal Error
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-2-dub433ae500 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, We have application developed in PB 10. Recently we have applied the patch 10.0.1, Build 6044. After applying thhis patch we started gettign Power Builder Fatal Errors randomly. Any idea how to solve these problems. Is there any other patch avilable for this. Any help is greatly appreciated. Regards Rao ---=_forums-2-dub433ae500 Content-Type: application/msword; name="PB Fatal Error.doc" C...

select error: decimal conversion error powerbuilder only supports 18
After having migrated powerbuilder 5 to powerbuilder 10.5: A retrieve (that was OK with powerbuilder 5) fails and returns this error message: "select error decimal conversion error powerbuilder only supports 18". Has someone any idea ? Thanks, Leonardo leonardo.rosselli@eng.it wrote: > After having migrated powerbuilder 5 to powerbuilder 10.5: > > A retrieve (that was OK with powerbuilder 5) fails and returns this > error message: > "select error decimal conversion error powerbuilder only supports 18". > > Has someone any ...

"Select Error : Decimal conversion error PowerBuilder only supports 18"
After having migrated my project from powerbuilder 5 to powerbuilder 10.5: A retirieve (that was OK with powerbuilder 5) now fails and give me this error message: "Select Error : Decimal conversion error PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digit"". Has anyone an idea ? Thanks, Leonardo I would recreate the datawindow from scratch and turn the trace on and compare what is being sent to the database. Also compare the source code for the new & old datawindow > After having migrated my project from powerbuilder 5 to > powerbuilder 10.5: > A...

Select error: Decimal conversion error. PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digits.
--------------BAF4191ECA9443C722ED4CAD Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit With any table with a NUMBER column comes the following message: Select error: Decimal conversion error. PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digits. DB: IBM OS 390 with Oracle 8.0.4.3.1 PB: 7.0 Build DB Profile: SQLCA.DBMS = "O84 ORACLE 8.0.4" SQLCA.LogPass = <*******> SQLCA.ServerName = pppfs31 SQLCA.LogId = system SQLCA.AutoCommit = False SQLCA.DBParm = "" Please help ! Thanks. Rico Obrist --------------BAF4191EC...

Select error: Decimal conversion error. PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digits.
Hi, when I run a crosstabular report, I get the following error: Select error: Decimal conversion error. PowerBuilder only supports 18 decimal digits. I am not using any NUMBER columns that have more than 19 digits. I am however using the TIMESTAMP Oracle datatype. Sometimes, I don't get the error but PB crashes instead. I have PB 10.2.1 Build 9004. I also have over 350 datawindows in my project. Does that have anything to do with it? Thanks, Joelle >Sorry I meant more than 18 Hi, > when I run a crosstabular report, I get the following > error: Select err...

Powerbuilder Fatal Error #2
I have creaated an exe for my application. But when i am trying to run that exe i am getting the message "Powerbuilder fatal error please contact sybase administrator". I have done analysis and can understand that application object is opening and after i call Open function(Window opening) this error occurs. Please guide me. Thanks in advance. Hi Venugopal; Can you tell us ... 1) PB version + build 2) O/S version + SP level 3) What type of EXE you are building? 4) Does the application work OK from the IDE? 5) Where are you running the EXE (Dev/Prod machine)? ...

Dropping Distributed PowerBuilder Support in PowerBuilder 8.0
I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Target for PB8 is Q1 2001. DPB is not being enhanced but the capabilities will still be there. On Fri, 18 Aug 2000 09:40:03 -0400, Chuck_Kiefriter wrote: >I heard a long time ago that distributed PowerBuilder support was going to >be dropped in PowerBuilder 8.0 in lieu of using EAServer. Is that true? >When is PowerBuilder 8.0 coming out. Chuck, I apologize, but I gave you inac...

Citrix
Description: CITRIX - PB App Problem Connect to new CITRIX launch PB APpp Prompted for USERID and password Get the following message Power Builder Fatal Error Please contact Sybase supporting engineer That really doesn't give us enough information to help (you're not even giving us the version of PB), except to suggest that you apply the maintenance release that removes the "Please contact Sybase supporting engineer" message. <bzielink> wrote in message news:44931138.1bc3.1681692777@sybase.com... > Description: > CITRIX - PB App Problem >...

Error: Powerbuilder only supports 18 decimal
In the database painter, I intermittently get this error. I am on 11.5.1 Build 4843. I connect to AS/400 using ODBC Client Access version 8.00.00.00 CWBODBC.DLL file date 11/28/2000. In the database painter I click on rmb on the table and select Edit > Grid. I get ERROR. I type select * from table_x into the 'ISQL Session' tab. I get ERROR. I comment out 'select *' and type each columnname into the select statement. I get ERROR. I comment out the columnnames and uncomment 'select *'. RETRIEVES rows fine. I uncomment out the columnnames and c...

PowerBuilder Fatal Execution Error (R0011)
Hi there Please help: When we run excutable libraries sometimes the error occures: "PowerBuilder Fatal Execution Error (R0011)" - "Application terminated. Error: Internal Runtime Engine failure. Contact Powersoft Tech Support. (NOOP)" We are using PowerBuilder 6.5 on Windows95 platform. There are a number of things that can cause a R0011. Apparently it's a bit of a catch-all error message for errors that didn't get trapped elsewhere. Some things you might try are: 1. Upgrading to 6.5.1 2. Doing a full rebuild (rather than incremental)...

PowerBuilder Fatal Execution Error (R0002)
I have purchased a new computer and I am trying to convert my Powerbuilder 5 applications to the new machine. When I create the project, the executable gets created, but when I go to run the executable I get: PowerBuilder Fatal Execution Error (R0002) Application Terminated Error: Failure Loading Dynamic Library I am on a machine with Windows 98, and I have created a new folder called PowerBuilder Applications for the PBL's that I am bringing over. Obviously I have done s...

PowerBuilder Fatal Execution Error(R0011)
Help , My problem is : "PowerBuilder Fatal Execution Error (R0011)" "Application terminated" "Error : internal Runtime failure. Contact Powersoft Tech. Support. (NOOP)" Regenerate all your sources first, by trying to create a full exe. If that does not help, please come back. -- - Eric Aling [TeamSybase], AVALIX Information Systems, The Netherlands Eric's Home & PB Site @ http://www.knoware.nl/users/cypr115 gerald <fontaine@amj-groupe.com> schreef in berichtnieuws 38E9BBB7.D521DDB@amj-groupe.com... > Help , > ...

Powerbuilder Fatal Execution Error (R0011)
Actually, I get this message even in development environment whenever you click Ok on Customize toolbars (in the master menu, this is under Tools, Customize toolbars (PFC). Sharon Is this running an application? What version of PowerBuilder? What version of PFC? Need a little more info. thx, Bill "S. Spriggs" wrote: > Actually, I get this message even in development environment whenever you > click Ok on Customize toolbars (in the master menu, this is under Tools, > Customize toolbars (PFC). > > Sharon -- -----------------------------...

PowerBuilder Fatal execution Error R0011
I use PB 6.5 and WinNT4SP5. When I am deploying an application ( creating PBD:s ) i get the following error when pressing a button in a datawindow. PowerBuilder Fatal Application Error R001, Application terminated. Internal runtime Engine failure. Contact PowerSoft Tech Support.(NOOP). It works correctly in the development environment. What's wrong Kjell-�ke Boberg kjbo@connova.se What build of PB6.5? (check the build number by right-clicking on pbvm60.dll in Explorer and look at the [Version] tab). Have you tried the latest PB patch (build 1212)? Have you report...

Error to post powerbuilder \General forum
Hai all I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying to post. Pls help with thnaks Polachan ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp And the error is? On 6 Oct 2008 01:34:33 -0700, "polachan" <polachan> wrote: >Hai all > >I cannot post in Powerbuilder/General forum. An error is coming When I am trying >to post. > >Pls help > >with thnaks >Polachan >---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- >http://www.pfcgui...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder Fatal Error - Please contact Sybase supporting engineer - sybase.powerbuilder.general

PowerBuilder - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
PowerBuilder is an integrated development environment owned by Sybase , a division of SAP . It has been in use since 1991, peaking around 1998 ...

Sybase PowerBuilder tool readied for Microsoft's .Net
... Win32 or newer style .Net development After several years of work, Sybase is ready to deliver on the final step in its plan to move PowerBuilder ...

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter
Sign in Sign up To bring you Twitter, we and our partners use cookies on our and other websites. Cookies help personalize Twitter content, tailor ...

Open Directory - Computers: Programming: Languages
about dmoz - dmoz blog - report abuse/spam - help the entire directory only in Programming/Languages Description Top : Computers : Programming ...

The HP Booth Staff (Goons) Owe Me an Apology
... when you might need to use it. For instance, when I was in the WinRunner world there were plugins for driving terminal emulators and powerbuilder ...

Contact Us - Sybase Inc
Thanks for visiting the 主页 section of Sybase.com. Here you will find information about Contact Us. For more information about Business Intelligence, ...

热门搜索 - 我的异常网
... 我的异常网 » 热门搜索 sdpnet2 移动【A111】其它用户原因鉴权失败,是什么意思啊 http:// 192.168.1.102:22578 本网站服务器位于美国,受美国法律保护 MiniUI js 破解 http://192.168.1.103:8080/ powerbuilder ...

Mobile app security: Always keep the back door locked
The best way to keep mobile apps safe is to secure the services they connect to.

10 Tech Skills That Will Instantly Net You A $100,000+ Salary
... that let's developers run Java applications. Java is highly popular language for writing web apps and custom enterprise apps. No. 8: PowerBuilder ...

Top Ranked Articles
Top Ranked Articles - Free source code and tutorials for Software developers and Architects.; Updated: 23 Feb 2013

Resources last updated: 12/9/2015 7:58:56 AM