PowerBuilder Debugger Crashes PB 6.5

Whenever I try to launch the PB debugger, I get the following error:

"pb60.exe - Application Error"
"The exception interger division by zero occurred in the
application...."

Other workstations here do not have this problem.  I have tried
reinstalling PB 6.5, but no luck.
Any ideas as to what is happening?

0
Carl

Try looking at [Debug] section of pb.ini and removing stops/watches...

"Carl Hoog" <tcgh415@genelco.com> wrote in message
> Whenever I try to launch the PB debugger, I get the following error:
>
> "pb60.exe - Application Error"
> "The exception interger division by zero occurred in the
> application...."
>
> Other workstations here do not have this problem.  I have tried
> reinstalling PB 6.5, but no luck.
> Any ideas as to what is happening?

0
Philip

Powerbuilder debugger crash in 6.5
I've encountered a problem with the debugger in PB6.5. When I start a new debugging session and 'right-mouse-click/clear-all' on the breakpoints panel, powerbuilder completely crashes with a memory reference error. This can also happen if I doubleclick a variable that has gone out of scope in the watch window. Has anyone else experienced this? Jim -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own This has happened to me a number of times. So often that I have come to ...

Powerbuilder debugger crash in 6.5
I've encountered a problem with the debugger in PB6.5. When I start a new debugging session and 'right-mouse-click/clear-all' on the breakpoints panel, powerbuilder completely crashes with a memory reference error. This can also happen if I doubleclick a variable that has gone out of scope in the watch window. Has anyone else experienced this? Jim -----------== Posted via Deja News, The Discussion Network ==---------- http://www.dejanews.com/ Search, Read, Discuss, or Start Your Own This has happened to me a number of times. So often that I have come to ...

Migrate PB 6.5.1, PFC and Cornerstone 6.5 to Powerbuilder 7.
Hello! I am now working with PB 6.5.1, PFC 6.5 and Cornerstone 6.5. What is best way to go: Migrate whole application including PFC*.PBL 6.5 to 7 or replace PFC*.PBL from 6.5 with PFC*.PBL 7.0 or ...? Any documents, links or readings about how to eliminate Cornerstone and only use PFC? Thank you for your help /Gunnar Nyberg Ericsson Sweden ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Why would you want to do that? You do have the source to Cornerstone, right? Or did they distribute their framework only as PBDs? ...

Moving from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 10
Hi, I have an application developed in PB6.5 and due to changing requirements application has to be switched to PB10. There when I am trying to regenerate the contents of my PBL, it is giving error stating: C0042 : cannot compile without valid database signon. This error is coming for few windows but not for the functions I have made in my pbl. It is working perfectly fine for pb6.5. Can you please help me on this. Thanks in advance. Manich First you must to connect to the database by a profile, continue migrate your app. Karla <Manich Tripathi> escribi...

Powerbuilder Upgrade Issues (PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1)
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Migration to PowerBuilder 6.5 from Powerbuilder 4.0
Hi all, I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soon. I would like to know if I have to migrate previously to Powerbuilder 5.0, or if it is possible to migrate directly from Powerbuilder 4.0 to 6.5. In the last case I would like to know if I can have any problems during the upgrade process. Thanks in advance... On Wed, 17 Feb 1999 13:46:07 +0100, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general "Jorge Salamanca" <jsalamanca@fintec.es> wrote: >Hi all, > >I'm going to migrate from Powerbuilder 4.0 to Powerbuilder 6.5 soo...

MS SQL 6.5 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I have an application in PB6.5 that interfaces with MSSQL 6.5 database. I can run this app WITHIN PB to make a connection the database and retrieve data without a problem, but after I built the EXE file and trying to run from that EXE file, I get a "-1" as the return code from the SetTransObject statement. Sample code is like : datastore lds_datastore lds_datastore = CREATE datastore lds_datastore.DataObject = "d_test" li_return = lds_datastore.SetTransObject(SQLCA) The d_test datawindow object consists of a simple SQL SELECT statement. Has anyone seen this ...

Migrating from PowerBuilder 6.5 to PowerBuilder 8.0
We are doing a feasibility study of migrating a PFC based PowerBuilder Application from v6.5 to v8.0. This application is heavily PFC depended and also includes many custom based core layers. If anybody has done (PFC based) powerbuilder migration prior kindly suggest the best approach on the following. 1) How to successfully migrate from PowerBuilder 6.5/PFC - PowerBuilder 8.0/PFC. 2) How to fix/resolve post migration errors etc... . Any help or suggestion will be appreciated. Thanks and Regards Vamsi ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide....

PowerBuilder 6.5 to Powerbuilder 9.0.1
Hello, We are having some issues while trying to upgrade from PB 6.5 to PB 9.0.1 The database is Sybase .I was hoping if you could post in any usergroups Background: There is a window w_child inherited from w_parent.The datasource of this dw_1 is a Stored Procedure that runs in Sybase ASE 12.5 In ue_1 of w_parent there is a dw_1.retrieve(arg1,arg2). ue_1 of w_child extends ue_1of w_parent. In ue_1 of w_child the code checks the condition dw_1.rowcount() >0 based on which it decides on the execution flow. Issue: While running the application, no rows are getting re...

Upgrade Powerbuilder 6.5.0444 to 6.5.1
I have Powerbuilder 6.5 build 444 installed, but the application I'm now supporting was built using 6.5.1. Is there anywhere I can get the upgrade to 6.5.1? When I go to the downloads area of this site it asks me for client support which I don't think I have? Thanks Hi Gary; Sorry to say .. but, I think the only PB 6.x copies are in the Smithsonian. :-( The only hope you might have is through Sybase Technical Support. Good luck. -- Regards ... Chris ISUG - NA RUG Director Blog: http://chrispollach.pbdjmagazine.com SourceForge: http://sourceforge.net/pro...

PowerBuilder 6.5 Debugger Is Buggy!
The PowerBuilder 6.5 debugger stops always stops on some lines which are NOT breakpoints. In fact, there aren't any breakpoints in the debugging session. Any ideas for a fix or workaround? Are these at activate/focus events? Till we get a way to turn debugging off for these events, the only way out is hitting the continue button besides not putting any code in these events. Sumant Sahay Bruce Sherman <Bruce.Sherman@mci.com> wrote in article <eU1CJjw49GA.217@forums.powersoft.com>... > The PowerBuilder 6.5 debugger stops always stops on some lines which are...

Access Violation in PowerBuilder 6.5 and 6.5.1
I'm migrating a big Application from PowerBuilder 5.04 to 6.5.1. There was no problem in migrating the *.pbl. When Creating the native Executable for Windows NT 4.0, there is a Dr. Watson in pb60.exe (Access Violation). The compiler switches are set the following way: 1) Rebuild -> Full 2) Machine Code -> Yes (Checked) 3) Trace Information -> No (Not Checked) 4) Error Context Information -> No (Not Checked) 5) Executable Format -> Native 6) Optimization -> Speed 7) For each Library has to be created a dll. Therefore the checkbox is checked for each Library...

Powerbuilder 6.5 debugger revisited (again)
Thanks for everyone's help. Sorry, I am having a problem understanding as this is my first foray into distributed processing in Powerbuilder. This is my question. The object gu_extract_service is the "actual object" ( i think), i looked at the properties for it and there is no 'proxy name' associated with it. The library search path for the application includes this object in a commom.pbl as does the server application. Is there any thing else that I need to look at or do so that I can debug it? This is what is happening with this object after the remote is cre...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional
Re: PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional I notice that I need to upgrade to 6.5.1 as well as EBF 1299. However, I am only able to get 6.5.1. Where can I get the optionally patch EBF 1299? Is there any document to indicate any known problem in OS W2K for 6.0 and 6.5? Can be upgrade from 6.0 and/or 6.5 directly to 8.0? Is 8.0 support WIN XP? Regards. Thanks! ...

PowerBuilder 6.5 datawindow causes crash
I need help figuring out how to fix a datawindow that keeps crashing. This is in Power Builder version 6.5.1 retrieving data from a SQL database using a stored procedure. The datawindow has the detail hidden and several summary fields in the headers, main, group 2, and group 1. I have found that if I don't hide the detail records the datawindow doesn't cause a crash. I have applied the maintenance patch for this version. If my rusty memory serves, build 1299 of 6.5.1 was quite stable. Can you be specific about the symptoms of the crash? By "hide" do you mean se...

Converting current code (Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to newest version of Powerbuilder?
Hi, can anyone tell me what you have to do in order to convert existing code (applications) (created under Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to the newest version of Powerbuilder (at least PB 8) and what it would take to use that code (applications) on the web, I do understand that the newer versions of PB have a web datawindow, is that all we would need to use to move our applications to the web? Thanks Look in this newsgroup aroung 01/08/02 for "Applications on the Web" (started by "John") for a good stream of information. JKerstens <John.Kerstens@gnb.ca> wrote in message news:y4#W5ZgmBHA.297@forums.sybase.com... > Hi, can anyone tell me what you have to do in order to convert existing code > (applications) (created under Powerbuilder 6.5.1) to the newest version of > Powerbuilder (at least PB 8) and what it would take to use that code > (applications) on the web, I do understand that the newer versions of PB > have a web datawindow, is that all we would need to use to move our > applications to the web? > > Thanks > > ...

PB 6 and PB 6.5 crash in OS W2K Professional #2
I am currently using PB 6 and PB 6.5 with OS W2K Professional. However, I have an PB crash problem after I run a PB 6.5 application through the Powerbuilder directly. Is there a compatiblity issue for PB 6.5 Build 444 on Jun 10,1998 01:08 and PB 6.0 Nov 12,1997 23:28 in OS W2K Profession. 6.5 was never supported for W2K, although many people run it succesfully. I suggest you install 651 and optionally patch it with EBF 1299. -- Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase) Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post. MySybase http://my.sybase.com/mysybase Search Deja: http://www.pfcguide.com...

Performance Issue with PowerBuilder 6.5 Native Drivers and MSSQL 6.5
Hi, I'm having a performance issue with the PB 6.5 Native driver with MSSQL 6.5, if i'm using the ODBC my request to the database are responding really fast, but i want to use to Native drivers. Before i was using the 16 bit Native drivers and it was working fine, but since i've changed to the 32 bit PB 6.5 native driver, most of my db request are really slow. I've search on the sybase infobase and i can't find anything... Could somebody give my advise.... Thanks Mark ...

PowerBuilder Upgrade 5.0 -> 6.0/6.5 for PowerFrame?
Has anyone upgraded PowerFrame (Metasolv's old framework) from PB 5.0 to PB 6.0/6.5? Did you run into any major problems? ANY upgrade advice (PowerFrame or not) would be appreciated. Should I just wait for 7.0? What's the latest on its release? Please respond here or email to eleuschner@levi.com. Thanks in advance, Ellen (The last living person not using PFC. IT'S NOT MY CHOICE!) Ellen, Have you tried calling MetaSolv? I know that they dropped support for PowerFrame in favor of Cornerstone but they may still be willing to help. Rey Bango Team Powersoft.....

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Powerbuilder 6.5 & SQL-server 6.5 <> 7.0
Hi everyone, I'm using PB 6.5 with SQS 6.5 Everything is normal until I port the program build in this environment to a similar environment with the only difference that the database is SQS 7.0 This database is slightly different - in some tables, the fields are larger than in the SQS 6.5 database (but the same type - char). When the program retrieves rows in that environment I get the error message 'Data conversion resulted in overflow ...' I have several other environments with sqs 6.5 with the same difference (larger fields) where the program doesn't rep...

PowerBuilder 6.5 & Groupwise 5.5 on Windows 95
> I am having problems with my powerbuilder 6.5 email > application. All I want > to do is send emails out from my app to groupwise > 5.5 to email our list > server. The code I used worked perfectly with > Mircosoft Outlook but the > clients were developing the software for, use > Groupwise 5.5. The program I > developed doesnt come up with any errors when it > tries to communicate with > groupwise. I test for everything the log on to the > mail session and to check > to see if it has been sent and the return codes are > all ...

Oracle Array Inserts/OCI/PowerBuilder (PB 6.5)
Hello, I am in the proceess of converting a PB 5.0 application (from Windows 3.1) to PB 6.5 in Windows NT. The application calls several external DLLs (written in 16-bit C) which use OCI calls in order to perform Oracle array inserts. The idea is to get rid of the C programs if possible. My question is: Is it possible to perform an Oracle array insert from within PB 6.5? If this cannot be done, is it possible call the OCI functions (such a oexn) as a PB exte...

PB 6.5.1 Debugger Crashing upon breakpoint
Just when you find you need to run the debugger... If I set a breakpoint in my app and run it through debug, as soon as that break point is encountered PB either just aborts instantly or gives me an Exception Error (Access Violation). I am running in Win NT 4.0 sp6, and this has worked just fine in the past. I regened all of my PBLs, but that didn't help, anyone else run into this? I really am trying to avoid a complete uninstall, install 6.5 from the CD and then apply the 6.5.1 patches (not to mention regaining all my settings back)... Thanks! ~Mike ...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder Debugger Crashes PB 6.5 - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles