Powerbuilder Datawindow

Hello,

Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using
Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid
etc.

Thanks

Chris
0
Chris

What would you use the DataWindow for then?  To retieve the datawindow
into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid?

I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but
it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it...

On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote:

>Hello,
>
>Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using
>Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid
>etc.
>
>Thanks
>
>Chris

0
Bruce
2/21/2007 2:04:00 PM
 From your message, it's not really clear what your objective is. Is it
possible to build a DataWindow-like control? Since DataWindow is a
control that was built in C/C++, yes, it can be done. However, the
DataWindow control is about a million lines of code (last I heard), from
some incredibly bright engineers over the last 15 years. So, whether you
can add things like expression-based attribute modification to an
existing DataGrid control or whether you have to build a new control
from the ground up, I don't know. However, I'd expect it would take
man-years, if not man-decades, to re-invent this wheel.

Good luck,

--
*********************************
PowerBuilder for $95? No.

*********************************
Click once a day to help the hungry
http://www.thehungersite.com
*********************************
Newsgroup User Manual
=====================
TeamSybase <> Sybase employee
Forums = Peer-to-peer
Forums <> Communication with Sybase
IsNull (AnswerTo (Posting)) can return TRUE
Forums.Moderated = TRUE, so behave or be deleted
*********************************

PB Futures updated Apr 24/2006
See the PB Troubleshooting & Migration Guides at the Sandbox
^ ^
o o
=*=
0
Terry

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

Powerbuilder
I am a new PB 6 developer. I want to create setup for my application exe. How do I do it using Installshield free. I have to copy sqlanywhere database to clients PC through the setup.I connect the DB through ODBC.Can anyone pl guide me. thanks. Shaikh moin If you are using ASA 6 then look in the Help... ASA User's Guide PART 4. Database Administration and Advanced Use CHAPTER 27. Deploying Databases and Applications Using a silent installation for deployment If you are using SQL Anywhere 5 try looking here... SQL Anywhere User's Guide ...

Powerbuilder
long ll_rc dw_1.SETTRANSOBJECT(SQLCA) dw_1.retrieve() g_ole_crx_application = create oleobject g_ole_crx_report = create oleObject g_ole_crx_connection_info = create oleObject Resultset lrs_resultset ADOResultset lrs_adoresultset oleobject loo_AdoRecordset DataStore lds_temp lds_temp =create Datastore lds_temp.Dataobject="dw_print" lds_temp.settransobject(sqlca) lds_temp.retrieve() lrs_resultset=create resultset ll_rc=lds_temp.generateresultset(lrs_resultset) lrs_adoresultset = create adoresultset ll_rc = lrs_adoresultset.SetResultset(lrs_resultset) loo_AdoRecords...

Powerbuilder Datawindow Retrieve
I would like to create a dynamic datawindow retrieve. I have a list of datawindows with various types of retrieval arguments--some are arrays. I would like to pass a program the parameter and parameter type and have it dynamically build the retrieve. I've tried using the ANY variable type, but it doesn't work when the argument is an array. Does any one know of a way to "build" the retrieve statement on the fly, or something else to do? Thanks JBachman jbachman@worldnet.att.net -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.d...

PowerBuilder 9.0 and PowerBuilder 10.0

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

What is PowerBuilder?
Hello experts I am a student in CS, I am going to write a paper about Rapid application development using PowerBuilder. I need some articles about the arhitecture of PB and how PB fulfill rapid application development's requirement? Should any experts have such articles or journals, please kindly email. thank you very much! SOS -- Best Regards Reply Address->'mailto:seeker@netvigator.com' Paul Ho Why don't you visit http://www.powersoft.com and browse the products section. You will get a lot of information/white papers etc. If you're inte...

Where is Powerbuilder?
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html Delphi is much less in vogue than PowerBuilder and is listed in Top 10. Not believable. Regards, SNS > http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html > > The Next 50 Programming Languages The following list of languages denotes #51 to #100. Since the differences are relatively small, the programming languages are only listed (in alphabetical order). a.. ABC, Algol, Alpha, APL, Applescript, AspectJ, Beta, Boo, Caml, cg, Clean, Csh, cT, Curl, DC, Dylan, Eiffel, Felix, Foc...

About Powerbuilder...
Hi group, I've upgraded PB 6.5 with the last maintenance release but I always see Version 6.5 Build 444 into "About Powerbuilder..." in Help menu . It's right this? Thanks in advance Michelangelo INGRASSIA There *was* a bug at some point in the PB6 series that didn't report the correct build number. The best way to be certain that *all* the DLLs being loaded are the correct version is to use HandleEx from http://www.sysinternals.com and check all the PB*.DLL versions. This is also useful for troubleshooting, as more than one problem has been cause...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder Datawindow - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles