Powerbuilder Datawindow Painter.

We have developed an application that allows user to create custom data
entry windows using
datawindow painter dw60.exe (PB 6.5.1).  This works very well for our users
who are non IT
people.   The problem we have is that dw60.exe is distributed with the
Powerbuilder but not sold
as a separate purchasable product.   After discussions with Sybase
representatives we have each
user purchase a copy of Infomaker to make them 'legal'.     We are not
totally happy with this
situation as we move forward to PB 8 also we are not sure if there is a
dw80.exe or whether this
will be supported in the future.

The reason we use dw60.exe rather than Infomaker is as follows:
        The users need to be able to control tab order and update properties
of the datawindows they make.
        The cost of Powerbuilder for each user (Oracle environment therefore
Enterprise) is prohibitive.
        The users need to be able to place OLE objects on their datawindows
(e.g. Word documents)
        IM60.exe Forms do not support OLE objects and mangle the datawindow
names (@1 is appended)
        IM60 Reports do not allow modification of update properties
(although they can be fooled into
        allowing tab order setup)
        We have tried to create our own datawindow builder but due to
limitations of PB ORCA import and
        export functionality we cannot create OLE objects on a datawindow
created with code.

Does anyone have any ideas of the future of the DW Painter provided with PB
Enterprise?
Does PB have any plans to sell this painter separately?
Does anyone have any other ideas of how we could develop a DW painter that
would have support for OLE

--
Mark C. Jones
Fortress Medical Systems, Inc.

0
Mark

Good Day, Mark and Sybase!
I use dw60.exe and I want dw80.exe too.

Ulin Dima
ulin@vizabank.ru

0
Dima
8/2/2002 5:38:35 AM
Perhaps you should discuss this in the futures forum as this would be a
feature enhancement.. Neither the Datawindow Builder nor PB ORCA can be
redistributed currently without violating your license.

/ck

"Mark Jones" <mjones@fortressmedical.com> wrote in message
> We have developed an application that allows user to create custom data
> entry windows using
> datawindow painter dw60.exe (PB 6.5.1).  This works very well for our
users
> who are non IT
> people.   The problem we have is that dw60.exe is distributed with the
> Powerbuilder but not sold
> as a separate purchasable product.   After discussions with Sybase
> representatives we have each
> user purchase a copy of Infomaker to make them 'legal'.     We are not
> totally happy with this
> situation as we move forward to PB 8 also we are not sure if there is a
> dw80.exe or whether this
> will be supported in the future.
>
> The reason we use dw60.exe rather than Infomaker is as follows:
>         The users need to be able to control tab order and update
properties
> of the datawindows they make.
>         The cost of Powerbuilder for each user (Oracle environment
therefore
> Enterprise) is prohibitive.
>         The users need to be able to place OLE objects on their
datawindows
> (e.g. Word documents)
>         IM60.exe Forms do not support OLE objects and mangle the
datawindow
> names (@1 is appended)
>         IM60 Reports do not allow modification of update properties
> (although they can be fooled into
>         allowing tab order setup)
>         We have tried to create our own datawindow builder but due to
> limitations of PB ORCA import and
>         export functionality we cannot create OLE objects on a datawindow
> created with code.
>
> Does anyone have any ideas of the future of the DW Painter provided with
PB
> Enterprise?
> Does PB have any plans to sell this painter separately?
> Does anyone have any other ideas of how we could develop a DW painter that
> would have support for OLE
>

> --
> Mark C. Jones
> Fortress Medical Systems, Inc.
> 901 1st St. N
> Hopkins, MN 55343
> (952) 238 9010
> (612) 267 1136 (C)
> www.fortressmedical.com

0
Chris
8/3/2002 2:46:04 AM
What is so frustrating about this is that if the Infomaker product is so
close to what is needed.  In fact it basically has everything that is needed
iexcept that has updateable datawindow painting turned off!   I guess you
are right, that this is a futures forum discussion item but I was interested
in the status of the dw80.exe executable.  Perhaps if we throw enough $ at
Sybase they will let us redistribute that.

Mark

"Chris Keating" <fight_spam_keating@ianywhere.com> wrote in message
> Perhaps you should discuss this in the futures forum as this would be a
> feature enhancement.. Neither the Datawindow Builder nor PB ORCA can be
> redistributed currently without violating your license.
>
> /ck
>
> "Mark Jones" <mjones@fortressmedical.com> wrote in message
> > We have developed an application that allows user to create custom data
> > entry windows using
> > datawindow painter dw60.exe (PB 6.5.1).  This works very well for our
> users
> > who are non IT
> > people.   The problem we have is that dw60.exe is distributed with the
> > Powerbuilder but not sold
> > as a separate purchasable product.   After discussions with Sybase
> > representatives we have each
> > user purchase a copy of Infomaker to make them 'legal'.     We are not
> > totally happy with this
> > situation as we move forward to PB 8 also we are not sure if there is a
> > dw80.exe or whether this
> > will be supported in the future.
> >
> > The reason we use dw60.exe rather than Infomaker is as follows:
> >         The users need to be able to control tab order and update
> properties
> > of the datawindows they make.
> >         The cost of Powerbuilder for each user (Oracle environment
> therefore
> > Enterprise) is prohibitive.
> >         The users need to be able to place OLE objects on their
> datawindows
> > (e.g. Word documents)
> >         IM60.exe Forms do not support OLE objects and mangle the
> datawindow
> > names (@1 is appended)
> >         IM60 Reports do not allow modification of update properties
> > (although they can be fooled into
> >         allowing tab order setup)
> >         We have tried to create our own datawindow builder but due to
> > limitations of PB ORCA import and
> >         export functionality we cannot create OLE objects on a
datawindow
> > created with code.
> >
> > Does anyone have any ideas of the future of the DW Painter provided with
> PB
> > Enterprise?
> > Does PB have any plans to sell this painter separately?
> > Does anyone have any other ideas of how we could develop a DW painter
that
> > would have support for OLE
> >

> > --
> > Mark C. Jones
> > Fortress Medical Systems, Inc.
> > 901 1st St. N
> > Hopkins, MN 55343
> > (952) 238 9010
> > (612) 267 1136 (C)
> > www.fortressmedical.com

0
Mark

Powerbuilder terminate when open the library painter in PowerBuilder 9
From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default But it does not work for me. I have tried to re-install PowerBuilder but same result. When PB terminate, it display the following: AppName: pb90.exe App Ver: 9.0.0.5507 ModName:msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 000360cb Does anyone has the solution? Thanks. L K wrote: > From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in > registry: > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default > >...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

PowerBuilder datawindow painter unable to view columns in synonym table
I am using PB 6.5 and accessing a Oracle database. The table is a synonym of a production table. In the DW painter I can view the synonym table name, but it does not display any column names. I can create the DW in sytax mode,save,and test it and it works. If I attempt to change back to graphics mode I recieve an error that the table or view does not exist. Any suggestions? Ron Which driver is this (O73, OR8, O84). Which sqlnet/net8 version? I don't recall ever having a problem with any PB 6.x version while using the O73 driver. Currently I'm using O84 d...

Powerbuilder Datawindow
Hello, Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using Datawindow.NET just by using common controls i.e DataGrid etc. Thanks Chris What would you use the DataWindow for then? To retieve the datawindow into a datastore and then attempt to use it to populate the DataGrid? I've heard of people who want to have their cake and eat it too, but it sounds like you want no cake but you want to eat it... On 20 Feb 2007 23:42:31 -0800, Chris Ceniza wrote: >Hello, > >Can you do a Datawindow in VS 2005 without using >Datawindow.NET just by using common control...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder datawindow
Hi! I'm importing a some data into my application. The way I do this is to insert a the rows into a datawindow and then do an update() on the datawindow. If a row in the database allready exists with the same primary key as I have inserted into the datawindow, what will happen then? Will then datawindow do an update or will I get an error? I'm doing this on a datastore object. How can I get an errormessage from the datastore? I have tried the errormessages and codes from the transaction object (sqlca.sqlerrtext and sqlca.sqlcode). Jan Erik > If a row in the...

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

Powerbuilder
long ll_rc dw_1.SETTRANSOBJECT(SQLCA) dw_1.retrieve() g_ole_crx_application = create oleobject g_ole_crx_report = create oleObject g_ole_crx_connection_info = create oleObject Resultset lrs_resultset ADOResultset lrs_adoresultset oleobject loo_AdoRecordset DataStore lds_temp lds_temp =create Datastore lds_temp.Dataobject="dw_print" lds_temp.settransobject(sqlca) lds_temp.retrieve() lrs_resultset=create resultset ll_rc=lds_temp.generateresultset(lrs_resultset) lrs_adoresultset = create adoresultset ll_rc = lrs_adoresultset.SetResultset(lrs_resultset) loo_AdoRecords...

Powerbuilder Datawindow Retrieve
I would like to create a dynamic datawindow retrieve. I have a list of datawindows with various types of retrieval arguments--some are arrays. I would like to pass a program the parameter and parameter type and have it dynamically build the retrieve. I've tried using the ANY variable type, but it doesn't work when the argument is an array. Does any one know of a way to "build" the retrieve statement on the fly, or something else to do? Thanks JBachman jbachman@worldnet.att.net -----== Posted via Deja News, The Leader in Internet Discussion ==----- http://www.d...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder Datawindow Painter. - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles