PowerBuilder datawindow painter unable to view columns in synonym table

 I am using PB 6.5 and accessing a Oracle database. The table is a synonym
of a production table. In the DW painter I can view the synonym table name,
but it does not display any column names.
 I can create the DW in sytax mode,save,and test it and it works. If I
attempt to change back to graphics mode I recieve an error that the table
or view does not exist.
 Any suggestions?

 Ron

0
rwilker

Which driver is this (O73, OR8, O84).  Which sqlnet/net8 version?  I don't
recall ever having a problem with any PB 6.x version while using the O73
driver.  Currently I'm using O84 driver and that works fine too.

--
Terry Dykstra (TeamSybase)
Please state PB / OS / DB versions in your post.

<rwilker@adelphia.net> wrote in message

>  I am using PB 6.5 and accessing a Oracle database. The table is a synonym
> of a production table. In the DW painter I can view the synonym table
name,
> but it does not display any column names.
>  I can create the DW in sytax mode,save,and test it and it works. If I
> attempt to change back to graphics mode I recieve an error that the table
> or view does not exist.
>  Any suggestions?
>
>  Ron

0
Terry

Powerbuilder Datawindow Painter.
We have developed an application that allows user to create custom data entry windows using datawindow painter dw60.exe (PB 6.5.1). This works very well for our users who are non IT people. The problem we have is that dw60.exe is distributed with the Powerbuilder but not sold as a separate purchasable product. After discussions with Sybase representatives we have each user purchase a copy of Infomaker to make them 'legal'. We are not totally happy with this situation as we move forward to PB 8 also we are not sure if there is a dw80.exe or whether this will be supp...

Problem with comparing a Table View Column with the Table Column?
I have a CVdetails table which all the personal and technical details along with the path called CV_Path which stores the path of CV word doc. Using Index Server Query i got the paths in my SQL server using Linked Server. I used this Query   SELECT Path FROM OPENQUERY (FileSystem,'SELECT Directory, FileName, DocAuthor, Size, Create, Write, Path FROM SCOPE ('' "c:\myCatalogFolder" '') WHERE FREETEXT (‘’reference’’)’) Which gave a result as   Path c:\mycatalogfolder\ajaxguide.doc c:\mycatalogfolder\quickguide.txt     Now,...

Powerbuilder terminate when open the library painter in PowerBuilder 9
From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default But it does not work for me. I have tried to re-install PowerBuilder but same result. When PB terminate, it display the following: AppName: pb90.exe App Ver: 9.0.0.5507 ModName:msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 000360cb Does anyone has the solution? Thanks. L K wrote: > From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in > registry: > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default > >...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Unable to view tables in database painter
I am running PB 7.003 Build 10009 and have a strange behavior to report. When I connect to a DB profile I created for DB2 it connects fine. However when I click on the tables to view the list of tables, the Powerbuilder crashes. The crash does not occur if I connect to a Sybase profile and view the sybase tables. I am on windows XP if that matters. Any pointers on whether I am missing any upgrade I am not aware. TIA ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Only thing I can think of is that the DB2 driver may be incompa...

max no of chars of each column in powerbuilder datawindow
Hi ! I'm using powerbuilder 5.0 what's the max no of char(s) of each column in powerbuilder datawindow ... !? i found i can only input 200 char in a column as no limit set in the column ..... Pls advise ... JJ There is no restrictive limit the DW puts on column lengths, but your database may limit you. If you can't enter more data into your column then either make your column bigger or turn on vertical or horizontal scrolling. Regards, John Team Sybase "JJ" <jasonyklau@sinaman.com> wrote in message news:HbllVTg3CHA.187@forums.sybase...

Deleting Rows with Identity Columns through Powerbuilder Datawindow
Perhaps I should be posting this in a Powerbuilder newsgroup, but I am having the following problem: I have a Powerbuilder 6.5 application which is using an ASE 12.5 database with Enhanced Full Text Search. Because of the EFTS, many of the tables make use of identity columns. Whenever users attempt to delete a row from one of these tables through a datawindow, they receive a "Rows Changed Between Retrieve and Update Error"! I have tried changing the "ON DELETE" settings of the datawindow, but to no avail. However, I can delete records from the table th...

Entering Data in Table Painter Crashes PowerBuilder!!
Here is our problem... We have an application we are getting ready to deploy in PowerBuilder. The application is written in PB6.5 and the backend is SQL Anywhere 5.5.04. I went into PowerBuilder and tried to add a row to a table directly in the table painter. Every time I would press save the hourglass would just start spinning away and never finish. I would have to ctrl-alt-delete to end the task in order to get control back. I thought the problem might be in a trigger on the backend, so I went into ISQL and did an insert directly in the command window with the same values I ...

Unable to view tables via Database painter
I am running PB 7.003 Build 10009 and have a strange behavior to report. When I connect to a DB profile I created for DB2 it connects fine. However when I click on the tables to view the list of tables, the Powerbuilder crashes. The crash does not occur if I connect to a Sybase profile and view the sybase tables. I am on windows XP if that matters. Any pointers on whether I am missing any upgrade I am not aware. TIA ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp >>I am running PB 7.003 Build 10009 and have a strange be...

How to create dynamic columns in the Datawindow Using powerbuilder

Identity columns with ASA 6 and PowerBuilder datawindows
It seems that as of SQL Anywhere 6 the identity column feature does not work properly in the PB datawindow any more. As in version 5 it would automatically retrieve the newly created ID, you have to do it manually in ASA 6. The ASA 6 documentation explicitly mentions this. Has this been fixed in a later build of ASA 6? Why did it stop working? Thanks, Jacek Did you update your PBODB60.INI to accomodate ASA6? See the ASA help section "Upgrade notes for Powerbuilder and Infomaker users" >It seems that as of SQL Anywhere 6 the identity column feature does...

Re: Opening datawindow or table in Powerbuilder takes very long time.
--------------30B4010C215296E5C9F39E1A Content-Type: text/plain; charset=us-ascii Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Hi, My woking enviroment are following client/server: Server end: OS: Sun Solaris DBMS: SYbase Adptive SQL Server 11.9.2 Client end: OS: Win 95 + Powerbuilder 5.0.4 + PFC 5.0.4 When I open create or open datawindow or select any table to open, It takes a long time. I looks process dead. I connect to other database( syabse 11.0.2, MS SQL SERVER 6.5), It works quite quickly. I have no idea about this. Any help would be appreciated. Th...

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Web resources about - PowerBuilder datawindow painter unable to view columns in synonym table - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles