Powerbuilder data types

Is there a comprehensive list of the data types that PB can support within
Powerscript.  I checked the Help, but the list seems too short.

TIA.

Fred.

0
fdefranco

Fred --

Pull up the object browser.  I didn't do an exhaustive review, but it looks
like you can declare variables of any type that's listed under the following
tabs:
window
menu
user object
system
enumerated
structure
data type

HTH

Ron Gallagher, CPDP
Atlanta, GA
rongallagher@mindspring.com

fdefranco wrote in message ...
>Is there a comprehensive list of the data types that PB can support within
>Powerscript.  I checked the Help, but the list seems too short.
>
>TIA.
>
>Fred.

0
Ron
5/26/1999 4:36:12 PM
On Wed, 26 May 1999 12:30:52 -0400,
fdefranco <fdefranco@hrads.com> wrote:
>Is there a comprehensive list of the data types that PB can support within
>Powerscript.  I checked the Help, but the list seems too short.
>
>TIA.
>
>Fred.

If you're speaking of primitie/standard
datatypes for PowerScript, the
"Standard data types" help topic and the
"Data Type" tabpage of the browser are both
comprehensive.

You might arguably add the Any type to that list.
==============
John Strano
[Team Sybase]
0
John
5/26/1999 5:08:17 PM
Fred,

Have a look at: http://www.ascensionlabs.com/pbt_namingconventions.htm

HTH,
Greg

Gregory R. George
Greg_George@AscensionLabs.com
Ascension Labs, LLC
Visit www.AscensionLabs.com for PB Tips,
Tricks, Tools, and Free Objects.

fdefranco wrote in message ...
>Is there a comprehensive list of the data types that PB can support within
>Powerscript.  I checked the Help, but the list seems too short.
>
>TIA.
>
>Fred.

0
Gregory

Powerbuilder Numeric data types...
Hi, I have seen several threads on this topic but was unable to find something that suites my needs. We are doing some PB6.5 to PB9 conversions here. There is a problem with decimal limit being 18digits...I guess it was bad in PB6.5 and corrected later on. I need to be able to represent the following number in some form and also be able to do some arithmetic on it. 999,999,999,999,999,999,999,999.99 I have data coming into a function and I need do things like this. dec ldc_26_2 = 999999999999999999999999.99 //of course this will not work... If aData > ldc_26_2 th...

Data type conversion from oracle to powerbuilder
Hello, I am working with oracle 8.0(netware 4.2) & pb-7 (win98). When I put null value in number field of oracle and try to retrieve data from pb at development time or at runtime it gives data conversion error. It give error: pb support only 18decemial point. Actual value in that field is null. Why it is happaning? Chintan ...

PowerBuilder 11 and .NET: Callback function that passes foreign types to PowerBuilder
Hi I'm using a C# assembly to catch COM events (using IConnectionPoint etc) from a particular API. But instead of handling the events in .NET, I pass the information on back to PB so it simulates a type of callback. It seems to work, but I don't know for how long. This is the one the events that gets raised. The _notifyItemMethod is the name of the method on the PowerBuilder object. The _pbSession is obtained from the .Session property of the PowerBuilder object that I pass to the constructor of the event handler. public void NtfyItem(string oper, int flags, ...

Web Service Data type Issues with Powerbuilder
This is a multi-part message in MIME format. ---=_forums-1-dub4b1551b6 Content-Type: text/plain; charset="ISO-8859-1" Content-Transfer-Encoding: 7bit Here is the signature of the method that was provided to me part of WSDL. when I created the web service proxy PB 10.5 interpreted the method wrongly(Please see attached JPEG). Could anyone advice how I can have the method interpreted correctly and call it from my application? Please help.We are on critical path here and I need experts advice. Thanks much in advance. SubmitLeadNoteResult SubmitLeadNote(LeadNote note, Da...

Array Data type difference between PowerBuilder and VB
Dear All: How to pass an argument type array to a com that written with VB? Thanks Nick Nick A while back I did some experimentation with passing arrays to VB com objects. Unfortunately I could not locate my test code and I have forgotten some of the specifics but here is what I do remember: I found that I could pass variable length arrays of simple datatypes (long, integer) by reference without any major problems. If I called a VB function that returned an array, I could capture the result in PowerBuilder in a variable of type Any, but I did encounter some instabil...

PowerBuilder data type to use in an external function declaration
Hi, I need to use an external function that work with an ocx.... This function is declared into an OCX (warning... it's not an OCX function.. it's an external function!). Well, this is the declare for VB... Declare Function L_GetControlBitmap Lib "LTOCX10N.OCX" (Ctrl As Object, hBitmap As LEADBitmapHandle) As Long the LEADBitmapHandle is a structure... but I don't know how define a datatype like Object!!! I try with object (but don't work, it's a PB object of course).. then I try to with an omObject... then I try with long where I put the handle of my ole object (I get this with GetNativePointer), but PB7 crashes! Somebody can help me? TIA Enrico Have you try with PowerObject (all objects in PB are of this generic type)? Chiaramonte Enrico <chiaramonte@svib.it> wrote in article <ChMPKlEz#GA.58@forums.sybase.com>... > Hi, > I need to use an external function that work with an ocx.... This function > is declared into an OCX (warning... it's not an OCX function.. it's an > external function!). > > Well, this is the declare for VB... > > Declare Function L_GetControlBitmap Lib "LTOCX10N.OCX" (Ctrl As Object, > hBitmap As LEADBitmapHandle) As Long > > the LEADBitmapHandle is a structure... but I don't know how define a > datatype like Object!!! > > I try with object (but don't work, it's a PB object of course)....

Data type 'long' of Oracle vs Powerbuilder
Does any one have a idea of using oracle field of type 'long' in datawindow? or powerbuilder? the story is following: I have one mis application that user need to entry a lot of text into database (in order entry). While the field type of varchar can only support 2000 characters the most. So we decide to use 'long' type field, and the problem happen, I don't know how to access long type field in Powerbuilder (I use pb5.0) .. Does everyone know anything? help me. a very urgent man in computer room.....:( Take a look at the SelectBlob(), UpdateBlo...

Data type 'long' of Oracle vs Powerbuilder
Does any one have a idea of using oracle field of type 'long' in datawindow? or powerbuilder? the story is following: I have one mis application that user need to entry a lot of text into database (in order entry). While the field type of varchar can only support 2000 characters the most. So we decide to use 'long' type field, and the problem happen, I don't know how to access long type field in Powerbuilder (I use pb5.0) .. Does everyone know anything? help me. a very urgent man in computer room.....:( You can retrieve those fields via a datawi...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

Powerbuilder 5 to Powerbuilder 10

Problem: Different Data type in Oracle 8.0.4 and PowerBuilder 6.5
I've enountered a problem, i.e. in the PowerBuilder script, I need to select one table in Oracle 8, but the field type in Oracle is Number, I can't get the data because the script doesn't support the type Number. For Example create table UserRole ( UserName varchar2(12), PassWord varchar2(12), RoleNum Number(1)); in the script: strUser = sle_1.text; strPass = sle_2.text; integer nRole select RoleNum into :nRole from UserRole where UserName = :strUser and PassWord = :strPass But it doesn't work, would you be kind enough to offer me a solution or...

Data Type Image in ASE 11.9.2. and Powerbuilder 7.0.2 C3
Hello, Does possibility exist of being able to bring through Powerbuilder for the OLEDB Driver the information saved in DATATYPE IMAGE? Thank you for their help. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp Sorry, I don't speak english. I would like to know how to get information saved in DATATYPE IMAGE from powerbuilder using OLEDB Driver... Thanks for your help, Regards, Tonny Cardenas. On Tue, 06 Mar 2001 11:57:18 -0500, in powersoft.public.powerbuilder.general Tonny Cardenas <tonny.cardenas@...

Data Type Image in ASE 11.9.2. and Powerbuilder 7.0.2 C3
I would like to know how to get information saved in DATATYPE IMAGE from powerbuilder using OLEDB Driver... Thanks for your help, Regards, Tonny Cardenas. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

Data Type Image in ASE 11.9.2. and Powerbuilder 7.0.2 C3
I would like to know how to get information saved in DATATYPE IMAGE from powerbuilder using OLEDB Driver... Thanks for your help, Regards, Tonny Cardenas. ---== Posted via the PFCGuide Web Newsreader ==--- http://www.pfcguide.com/_newsgroups/group_list.asp ...

translating the MS Word type boolean to PowerBuilder type
Hello folks, Does anyone know how to access a Word type boolean in PB? The following code is converting the Boolean return type from the Find function to a Long but always returns zero. // The following piece of code should look for the string 'LocalMerge' in a macro contained under MicrosoftWordObjects. OLEObject lo_MWrd long ll_count, ll_status lo_MWrd = CREATE oleobject lo_MWrd.ConnectToObject("word.application.8") lo_MWrd.Visible = TRUE lo_MWrd.WindowState = 1 lo_MWrd.Documents.Add ("C:\Program Files\MicrosoftOffice\Templates\normal.dot", F...

PowerBuilder Crashes when trying to access data window data source
Hi there, I installed powerbuilder on a new computer and now it crashes when I open a data window and then try to access the data source (SQL). It bombs out completely with no error message. The version of powerbuilder is8.0 and it worked fine on the previous computer. I have regenerated the data window, exported and imported the data window etc but nothing seems to fix the problem. The problem also occurs if I make a new data window. I can access the database (oracle) in the database painter fine. Anyone any idea what is going on ? Thanks Hugh > I installed p...

How to convert varchar data type into datetime data type without data lose
Hi all, i have stored date as varchar(30) data type and Date format is dd/MM/yyyy now i have to convert it into datatime data type can u help me in query ?  i have 330 records and each recod contain the Date in format of dd/MM/YYYY but due to varchar data type i can not perform calculation on Date so i have to convert into datetime without data lose. please help me in this regard. Best RegardsRameezWaheed  life is name of learning!Mark as an answer if it helps You can check these posts http://forums.microsoft.com/TechNet/ShowPost.aspx?PostID=2039108&SiteID=17   ...

powerbuilder
i'm looking into evaluating powerbuilder and was just wondering if powerbuilder has a COM/CORBA interface. In addition, will powerbuilder accept incoming XML streams? PowerBuilder can generate COM components, although they are actually Com-Wrappered PB components. The CORBA interface hooks into Sybase EAServer, and there's limited access to other CORBA servers. PB cannot accept XML streams natively, but you can implement the MSXML interface without a great deal of difficulty. What's your goal in your evaluation and what are you comparing to? regards, Bill al ...

Where is Powerbuilder?
http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html Delphi is much less in vogue than PowerBuilder and is listed in Top 10. Not believable. Regards, SNS > http://www.tiobe.com/index.php/content/paperinfo/tpci/index.html > > The Next 50 Programming Languages The following list of languages denotes #51 to #100. Since the differences are relatively small, the programming languages are only listed (in alphabetical order). a.. ABC, Algol, Alpha, APL, Applescript, AspectJ, Beta, Boo, Caml, cg, Clean, Csh, cT, Curl, DC, Dylan, Eiffel, Felix, Foc...

Powerbuilder
We're developing a to-sell-system for the restaurants industry. The system has PC and handheld (PocketPC) interfaces. I would like to use PowerBuilder to develop the UI, but I need to know if it is supported the development for the handhelds interface too?? and which specialized (good looking) forms or buttons I could use for the development?? This forum is for source code control questions - better to post in the general forum.. -- Evita R. Chapa Senior Systems Analyst II Command Technologies, Inc. <Mynor_Paredes> wrote in message news:F5DFEA0D01AB9EB700...

Powerbuilder
I was speaking with a contact at State of Oregon who had a question/issue: They had someone from IBM put a sniffer on their network, and they noticed that their powerbuilder app. would quite often have a few timeouts before connecting to ASE 11.9.2. I believe there is an ASE server parameter that defines the amount of time for the server to wait before sending a message back to disconnect, along with the number of retries, but he was wondering if there is something in powerbuilder? (I'm trying to find the ASE end of it, but having difficulty...it's something that goes...

About Powerbuilder...
Hi group, I've upgraded PB 6.5 with the last maintenance release but I always see Version 6.5 Build 444 into "About Powerbuilder..." in Help menu . It's right this? Thanks in advance Michelangelo INGRASSIA There *was* a bug at some point in the PB6 series that didn't report the correct build number. The best way to be certain that *all* the DLLs being loaded are the correct version is to use HandleEx from http://www.sysinternals.com and check all the PB*.DLL versions. This is also useful for troubleshooting, as more than one problem has been cause...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder data types - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles