Powerbuilder & Crystal Reports

Hello all,

I am trying to use Crystal Reports 8.5 with Powerbuilder 8 but I am
experiencing some problems.
If I try to insert the Crystal Report Designer Control onto a Powerbuilder
form then the form will crash.
Does anyone know if the OCX controls of Crystal Reports work properly under
Powerbuilder? Am I missing sth?
I'm telling that because I used the same controls under Visual Basic and
everything worked properly.

Thanks in advance for your help.

John Kolitsopoulos

0
John

Hey John,

Started looking at that but had to go onto something else..The docs on RDC
say you need VB5 or VB6 but say nothing about PB.

Hopefully someone will have better news..

--
Evita R. Chapa
Senior Systems Analyst

"John Kolitsopoulos" <jkol@emphasis-systems.gr> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to use Crystal Reports 8.5 with Powerbuilder 8 but I am
> experiencing some problems.
> If I try to insert the Crystal Report Designer Control onto a Powerbuilder
> form then the form will crash.
> Does anyone know if the OCX controls of Crystal Reports work properly
under
> Powerbuilder? Am I missing sth?
> I'm telling that because I used the same controls under Visual Basic and
> everything worked properly.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> John Kolitsopoulos

I am also unable to insert the Embeddable Crystal Report Designer Control
onto a window.(because it is VB only ?).
However I managed to access it programmically. To view the report, I used
the Crystal Report Viewer Control. The properties and methods you can access
are described in the Developer Help File (search for Report Designer in
'CrystalDevHelp.chm').
In underneath example I pass parameters and requery the data of a crystal
report by code and than display the result.

n_oo loo_application
oleobject  loo_report

loo_application = create n_oo

TRY
    // Programmically connecting to RDC
    ll_ret =loo_application.connecttoNewobject("CrystalRuntime.Application")

    // open a report
    loo_report = loo_application.OpenReport("c:\temp\city.rpt", 1)
    // connect to DB using ODBC test_dsn
    loo_application.LogOnServer("PDSODBC.DLL","test_dsn","","userid","pwd")
    // discard saved data
    loo_report.DiscardSavedData()
    // Set first parameter
    loo_report.ParameterFields.item[1].AddCurrentValue ("BE")

    // Retrieve All Data
    loo_report.ReadRecords()

     // display report using the visual crystal report viewer control
    ole_report_viewer.object.ReportSource(loo_report)
    ole_report_viewer.object.ViewReport()

CATCH (runtimeerror er)
    Messagebox ("Error","Error occured in code: " + er.getmessage())
END TRY

* If you omit the ' loo_report.ParameterFields.item[1].AddCurrentValue
("BE")', Crystal report will prompt you for the parameters itself
* The 'loo_report.ReadRecords()' make the loo_report object retrieve the
data, if you omit this one, then the ole_report_viewer will retrieve the
data (because of the 'loo_report.DiscardSavedData()')
* Some more post are available in this newsgroup, you might one search for
them.

Kind regards,

Gert Van der Straeten

"John Kolitsopoulos" <jkol@emphasis-systems.gr> wrote in message
> Hello all,
>
> I am trying to use Crystal Reports 8.5 with Powerbuilder 8 but I am
> experiencing some problems.
> If I try to insert the Crystal Report Designer Control onto a Powerbuilder
> form then the form will crash.
> Does anyone know if the OCX controls of Crystal Reports work properly
under
> Powerbuilder? Am I missing sth?
> I'm telling that because I used the same controls under Visual Basic and
> everything worked properly.
>
> Thanks in advance for your help.
>
> John Kolitsopoulos

0
Van
6/6/2002 7:41:42 AM
Thanks for your help.

"Van der Straeten Gert" <no_spam_gert.vanderstraeten@ipc.be> wrote in
message news:W8Jug7SDCHA.81@forums.sybase.com...
> I am also unable to insert the Embeddable Crystal Report Designer Control
> onto a window.(because it is VB only ?).
> However I managed to access it programmically. To view the report, I used
> the Crystal Report Viewer Control. The properties and methods you can
access
> are described in the Developer Help File (search for Report Designer in
> 'CrystalDevHelp.chm').
> In underneath example I pass parameters and requery the data of a crystal
> report by code and than display the result.
>
> n_oo loo_application
> oleobject  loo_report
>
> loo_application = create n_oo
>
> TRY
>     // Programmically connecting to RDC
>     ll_ret
=loo_application.connecttoNewobject("CrystalRuntime.Application")

>     // open a report
>     loo_report = loo_application.OpenReport("c:\temp\city.rpt", 1)
>     // connect to DB using ODBC test_dsn

loo_application.LogOnServer("PDSODBC.DLL","test_dsn","","userid","pwd")
>     // discard saved data
>     loo_report.DiscardSavedData()
>     // Set first parameter
>     loo_report.ParameterFields.item[1].AddCurrentValue ("BE")
>
>     // Retrieve All Data
>     loo_report.ReadRecords()
>
>      // display report using the visual crystal report viewer control
>     ole_report_viewer.object.ReportSource(loo_report)
>     ole_report_viewer.object.ViewReport()
>
> CATCH (runtimeerror er)
>     Messagebox ("Error","Error occured in code: " + er.getmessage())
> END TRY
>

> * If you omit the ' loo_report.ParameterFields.item[1].AddCurrentValue
> ("BE")', Crystal report will prompt you for the parameters itself
> * The 'loo_report.ReadRecords()' make the loo_report object retrieve the
> data, if you omit this one, then the ole_report_viewer will retrieve the
> data (because of the 'loo_report.DiscardSavedData()')
> * Some more post are available in this newsgroup, you might one search for
> them.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Gert Van der Straeten
>

> "John Kolitsopoulos" <jkol@emphasis-systems.gr> wrote in message
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am trying to use Crystal Reports 8.5 with Powerbuilder 8 but I am
> > experiencing some problems.
> > If I try to insert the Crystal Report Designer Control onto a
Powerbuilder
> > form then the form will crash.
> > Does anyone know if the OCX controls of Crystal Reports work properly
> under
> > Powerbuilder? Am I missing sth?
> > I'm telling that because I used the same controls under Visual Basic and
> > everything worked properly.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > John Kolitsopoulos

0
John
6/6/2002 9:10:43 AM
Yes, someone else told me that..For whatever reason, you can't access any of
the methods or properties unless you go into VB and then once you know the
names, then you can use then in PB(how weird is that..)...

--
Evita R. Chapa
Senior Systems Analyst

"Van der Straeten Gert" <no_spam_gert.vanderstraeten@ipc.be> wrote in
message news:W8Jug7SDCHA.81@forums.sybase.com...
> I am also unable to insert the Embeddable Crystal Report Designer Control
> onto a window.(because it is VB only ?).
> However I managed to access it programmically. To view the report, I used
> the Crystal Report Viewer Control. The properties and methods you can
access
> are described in the Developer Help File (search for Report Designer in
> 'CrystalDevHelp.chm').
> In underneath example I pass parameters and requery the data of a crystal
> report by code and than display the result.
>
> n_oo loo_application
> oleobject  loo_report
>
> loo_application = create n_oo
>
> TRY
>     // Programmically connecting to RDC
>     ll_ret
=loo_application.connecttoNewobject("CrystalRuntime.Application")

>     // open a report
>     loo_report = loo_application.OpenReport("c:\temp\city.rpt", 1)
>     // connect to DB using ODBC test_dsn

loo_application.LogOnServer("PDSODBC.DLL","test_dsn","","userid","pwd")
>     // discard saved data
>     loo_report.DiscardSavedData()
>     // Set first parameter
>     loo_report.ParameterFields.item[1].AddCurrentValue ("BE")
>
>     // Retrieve All Data
>     loo_report.ReadRecords()
>
>      // display report using the visual crystal report viewer control
>     ole_report_viewer.object.ReportSource(loo_report)
>     ole_report_viewer.object.ViewReport()
>
> CATCH (runtimeerror er)
>     Messagebox ("Error","Error occured in code: " + er.getmessage())
> END TRY
>

> * If you omit the ' loo_report.ParameterFields.item[1].AddCurrentValue
> ("BE")', Crystal report will prompt you for the parameters itself
> * The 'loo_report.ReadRecords()' make the loo_report object retrieve the
> data, if you omit this one, then the ole_report_viewer will retrieve the
> data (because of the 'loo_report.DiscardSavedData()')
> * Some more post are available in this newsgroup, you might one search for
> them.
>

> Kind regards,
>
> Gert Van der Straeten
>

> "John Kolitsopoulos" <jkol@emphasis-systems.gr> wrote in message
> > Hello all,
> >
> > I am trying to use Crystal Reports 8.5 with Powerbuilder 8 but I am
> > experiencing some problems.
> > If I try to insert the Crystal Report Designer Control onto a
Powerbuilder
> > form then the form will crash.
> > Does anyone know if the OCX controls of Crystal Reports work properly
> under
> > Powerbuilder? Am I missing sth?
> > I'm telling that because I used the same controls under Visual Basic and
> > everything worked properly.
> >
> > Thanks in advance for your help.
> >
> > John Kolitsopoulos

It seems that the Crystal Report Designer Control works under VB as you told
me.
However, I am thinking of creating an OCX control containing the Crystal
Report Designer Control.
Then, I will try to use the OCX control under PB. I want to use the
designing features of the control without making a new one by myself.

"E Chapa" <echapa@commtechinc.com> wrote in message
> [...]
> > data (because of the 'loo_report.DiscardSavedData()')
> > * Some more post are available in this newsgroup, you might one search
for
> > them.
> >

> > Kind regards,
> >
> > Gert Van der Straeten
> >

> > "John Kolitsopoulos" <jkol@emphasis-systems.gr> wrote in message
> > > Hello all,
> > >
> > > I am trying to use Crystal Reports 8.5 with Powerbuilder 8 but I am
> > > experiencing some problems.
> > > If I try to insert the Crystal Report Designer Control onto a
> Powerbuilder
> > > form then the form will crash.
> > > Does anyone know if the OCX controls of Crystal Reports work properly
> > under
> > > Powerbuilder? Am I missing sth?
> > > I'm telling that because I used the same controls under Visual Basic

0
John

PowerBuilder && Crystal Reports
Has anyone sucessfully integrated and deployed Crystal Reports(8.5) in a PB(6.5.1) application??? My app. seams to work fine at times but have problems sometimes too. I am thinking that my problems are due to a databse connection. Would i have to write pb code to choose a datasource and connect to database for my Crystal Reports??? I taught that once i have create a datsource for my reports this would automatically connect to the database using this datasource.Well once my reports Run Fine from the CRystal REports Application it works fine on my machine . If the reports don'...

Integrate reports from Crystal Reports to PowerBuilder application
Is it possible to integrate reports from Crystal Reports to PowerBuilder application ? see the site http://www.seagatesoftware.com/ Yuri Denshchik a �crit : > Is it possible to integrate reports from Crystal Reports to PowerBuilder > application ? ...

powerbuilder and crystal report
hi i have the problem while configure the powerbuilder to allow the user change the field for runtime crystal report. Are you trying to change the contents of a field (column) or the name? -- Regards, Millard [TeamSybase] "kenbeyond" <ken_beyond04@yahoo.com> wrote in message news:1157684803.490232.128890@p79g2000cwp.googlegroups.com... > hi > > i have the problem while configure the powerbuilder to allow the user > change the field for runtime crystal report. > ...

crystal report with PowerBuilder
Hello, i would like to use Crystal Report with powerBuilder. How link the report to a window ? thank you ...

Crystal Reports with Powerbuilder
I want to create reports from a Powerbuilder database with the database file being used on a pc (not hooked to a network). What do I need to do? Yes, I am relative new to CR 6 and very new to Powerbuilder Learn DataWindows and forget about Crystal Reports. Yakov Fain www.excaliber.net/yfain/ ewj wrote: > I want to create reports from a Powerbuilder database with the database > file being used on a pc (not hooked to a network). What do I need to do? > > Yes, I am relative new to CR 6 and very new to Powerbuilder Learn DataWindow is better than use ...

Crystal Reports with PowerBuilder
Are there anyone in this news group, who uses **Crystal Reports** to develop reports to use with PowerBuilder ? Please, write me ! Thanks, Alan Koerbel alan@logocenter.com.br www.logocenter.com.br Brazil ...

Crystal Reports with Powerbuilder
I am trying to use Crystal Reports 5.0 in my PM 6.0 application. Has anyone done that successfully?If so I would appreciate any help. Thanx.. Intall the patch the crystal and after execute this code: Long ll_even_id Long ll_visit_id Long il_ConnectionId Long ll_event_id Pointer oldpointer String ls_Title OldPointer = SetPointer ( hourglass! ) //......Avant impression........ // Connecte imm�diatement Crystal Report au serveur il_ConnectionId = oc_CrystalReport.object.LogonServer ( "pdssql.dll", SQLCA.ServerName, SQLCA.Database, SQLCA.LogId, SQLCA.LogPass...

Crystal REPORT Powerbuilder
Hi, where i can find any example of the crystal report with powerbuilder ? Thanks -- Michele ...

Crystal Reports with PowerBuilder
Are there anyone in this news group, who uses **Crystal Reports** to develop reports to use with PowerBuilder ? Please, write me ! Thanks, Alan Koerbel alan@logocenter.com.br www.logocenter.com.br Brazil We wrote an interface from PB to Crystal reports for a current client application. We used our standard Criteria datawindows to build the SQL that is then passed to the Crystal report for processing. Our Criteria datawindows are external DWs that have tag values set for the table and columns they are associated with. This was relatively easy for us because we had ...

Powerbuilder and Crystal Reports
Has anyone had any success using Powerbuilder and Crystal Reports version 8.5 or 9.0. Any guidance would be appreciated. I am using Powerbuilder 7.0.3 build 10009. Thanks in advance Rob We are using PB 7.0.3 Build 10009 and Crystal 8.5. We call crystal from the app to preview reports on the screen and to print and export reports to various file formats. Is there anything specific I could help you with? When calling Crystal, are you using PEWrap.dll or some other method? From what I can gather, PEWrap.dll is discontinued with Crystal 9.0 and I am trying to find a new sol...

Crystal Reports with PowerBuilder
Are there anyone in this news group, who uses **Crystal Reports** to develop reports to use with PowerBuilder ? Please, write me ! Thanks, Alan Koerbel alan@logocenter.com.br www.logocenter.com.br Brazil ...

PowerBuilder integration with Crystal Reports
Hi, We like to know if someone has tried integrating PowerBuilder with Crystal Reports 10. If so would like to know more details. We are trying to use Crystal Reports 10 for reports, but there seems to be not much info out there... Any help would be very welcome.. This has been discussed frequently. You should leverage those old discussions. Have a look at http://www.techno-kitten.com/Troubleshooting/Anyone_Else_See_It_/anyone_else_see_it_.html#someonehasexperiencedit for methods of searching old messages. Good luck, Terry [TeamSybase] and Sequel the techno-kitten On ...

Powerbuilder and Crystal Reports #3
Hi, How can we use crystal reports in Powerbuilder effectively.. thanks in advance.... Danny <Hannah> wrote in message news:417d5050.5971.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > How can we use crystal reports in Powerbuilder > effectively.. > > thanks in advance.... > Danny Crystal Reports has an OCX that you can invoke from PB objects. -- Paul Horan[TeamSybase] Check the OLE-OCX NG for more related posts... -- PB9.01.7236 Thank you, R.Chauvin <Hannah> wrote in message news:417d5050.5971.1681692777@sybase.com... > Hi, > H...

Crystal Report && sqlserver Reporting Service
I am new to the reporting service.Can anyone tell me which one is Best  Crystal Report && sqlserver  Reporting Service.sqlserver  Reporting Service is it required liesence?i am working in a web application which need 200 -300 reports regular basic.Please give me a solutions urgently  To Compare Reporting Services. vs. Crystal Reports / Crystal Enterprise http://www.baadd.org/uploads/SQL%20Reporting%20Services%20vs%20Crystal%20Reports%20comparative%20analysis.pdf http://images.globalknowledge.com/wwwimages/whitepaperpdf/SQLvsCrystal_WP.pdf?bcsi_scan_2229F3D84EB...

Web resources about - Powerbuilder & Crystal Reports - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles