PowerBuilder crashing in SQL painter

When attempting to open the SQL painter PowerBuilder 8.0.3
crashes (Using 9.0.1 and 8.4 Oracle drivers, and OS is XP).

> When attempting to open the SQL painter PowerBuilder 8.0.3
> crashes (Using 9.0.1 and 8.4 Oracle drivers, and OS is
> XP).

The driver is very sensitive - try going into edit source
and checking if you have unaliased function calls or
computed sql columns which are not parenthesized, smth like

my_package.my_call(bla) yes_no_flag should be replaced with

(my_package.my_call(bla)) yes_no_flag
0
Philip
11/16/2004 6:57:18 PM
We have seen this on 9.01 6533 when the query contains case statements that
have other function calls within them (nvl, decode, substr), the latest
build of PB9 fixed it.  (Till we roll with that one, we just edit the source
on those datawindows)

Doug Porter
DailyAccess Corporation

<J Hardy> wrote in message news:419a402b.15bf.1681692777@sybase.com...
> When attempting to open the SQL painter PowerBuilder 8.0.3
> crashes (Using 9.0.1 and 8.4 Oracle drivers, and OS is XP).

0
Doug

PowerBuilder Crashes when closing painter
I recently purchased and installed PowerBuilder Desktop on my machine running Win2k. I downloaded and insalled the update on they Sybase website. I am very frustrated because the application crashes everytime I attempt to close out of any of the painter windows. Whether it be the window painter, datawindow painter, database painter etc. I don't know what might be causing this crash, but I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter. Thank you. Skip Harris Make sure that you are running at lease 7.0.3.10009 version. 7.0.3.10047 is generally better but ...

Powerbuilder terminate when open the library painter in PowerBuilder 9
From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in registry: HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default But it does not work for me. I have tried to re-install PowerBuilder but same result. When PB terminate, it display the following: AppName: pb90.exe App Ver: 9.0.0.5507 ModName:msvcrt.dll ModVer: 7.0.2600.2180 Offset: 000360cb Does anyone has the solution? Thanks. L K wrote: > From previous sharing, I have tried to remove the entries in > registry: > HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Sybase\PowerBuilder\9.0\Layout\Default > >...

PowerBuilder Crashes when closing painter
I recently purchased and installed PowerBuilder Desktop on my machine running Win2k. I downloaded and insalled the update on they Sybase website. I am very frustrated because the application crashes everytime I attempt to close out of any of the painter windows. Whether it be the window painter, datawindow painter, database painter etc. I don't know what might be causing this crash, but I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter. Thank you. Skip Harris ...

PowerBuilder Crashes when closing painter
I recently purchased and installed PowerBuilder Desktop on my machine running Win2k. I downloaded and insalled the update on they Sybase website. I am very frustrated because the application crashes everytime I attempt to close out of any of the painter windows. Whether it be the window painter, datawindow painter, database painter etc. I don't know what might be causing this crash, but I would greatly appreciate any assistance in this matter. Thank you. Skip Harris I'm guessing you're referring to PowerBuilder 7? Likely at version 7.0.0? Have you downloaded ...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information from a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~", ~...

Select in Powerbuilder Database painter WORKS but does NOT in Powerbuilder run mode.
I have enclosed the actual information for a debug run. Will apprecaite any hints. Thanks Jim jimo@jdssc.com in ls_mod_string DataWindow.Table.Select="SELECT DISTINCT ~"inv_dtl~".~"inv_id~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"last_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"regular_cost~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"orig_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"current_price~", ~"inv_dtl~".~"sugg_price~", ~"inv~".~"vend_id~", ~"inv~".~"style~",...

Powerbuilder application "crashing" another powerbuilder application
This is a repost of the above subject since there has been some problem for messages posted on the 19th - 22nd July 2002. *************** Hi All, I have an application (App A)built using PB7.0.3 build 10077 and it seems to work fine. However, recently, another application (App B) built using PB 7.0.3 build 10047 as well was installed and it seems to trigger Dr Watson on App A. There is an embedded OCX on a "main" window on App A, which receives triggers from external applications. The OCX will then call another function sitting on another main window. That function w...

PowerBuilder Crashing in DW Painter
Hi all, Can anyone help with this. PB 9.0 keeps crashing on me when I go into the DW Painter (Program has perofrmed illegal operation etc etc). Any ideas as I cant face having to rebuild my PC again. Thanks. Any chance you have duplicate PB DLLs somewhere on your system? If PB is mixing and matching versions of it's DLLs, it would likely crash. Process Explorer from http://www.sysinternals.com would help identify which DLLs PB is picking up. Have you saved any custom layouts for that painter? IIRC, there was a bug related to that. Don't remember if it was fixed in 9.0.1 ...

Entering Data in Table Painter Crashes PowerBuilder!!
Here is our problem... We have an application we are getting ready to deploy in PowerBuilder. The application is written in PB6.5 and the backend is SQL Anywhere 5.5.04. I went into PowerBuilder and tried to add a row to a table directly in the table painter. Every time I would press save the hourglass would just start spinning away and never finish. I would have to ctrl-alt-delete to end the task in order to get control back. I thought the problem might be in a trigger on the backend, so I went into ISQL and did an insert directly in the command window with the same values I ...

PowerBuilder 7.0.2 crashes in Library Painter
I have recently upgraded from PB 7.0.1 to PB 7.0.2. While in the Library painter if I set my working library to an existing library and then right click upon the project Icon in the library I get an "Unhandled exception in PB70.exe: 0xC0000005: Access Violation", I then enter the C++ debugger. This also occurs on my machine in IM 7.0.2 which was also upgraded from 7.0.1. Is this a known upgrade issue? Has anybody else had this occur? Any known workaorunds? Thanks in advance, Todd Keen Cisco Systems Inc. toddk@cisco.com "Todd Keen" <toddk@c...

powerbuilder crashes
has anyone experienced more crashes, and corruption of working objects than usual after installing multilingual input support to MS internet explorer? I am running NT 4 SP6 with MS internet explorer.5. I don't know whether it is co-incidental or the mullet-lingual support that is running all the time in the system tray causing problem. I tried to reduce problem with frequent regeneration of objects, optimization of after so many saves and changes libraries. I used to be able to get away with optimization once every two or three days. Now I have to do it more than twice a da...

PowerBuilder SQL
Hello, thanks for reading this post! I am using PB6.5 on NT4SP3. I have a challenging question on SQL (may not be challenging to you at all), I am just embedding SQL in Powerscript. The data is collected into a MS SQL Server 6.5 table every 10 seconds from the plant. The table is a live history table with no index, pre-defined by a proprietary software which I cannot change. The goal is to find the last nozero value of a column (VALUE) during the past 24 hours (there are 8640 records in 24 hours). The way I did it now is to count how many of those during the 24-hour period, put ...

Use PowerBuilder DLL in PowerBuilder

PowerBuilder crashes!
Hello We have been using PowerBuilder 5.x (currently 5.0.02) for in-house application development for a year and a half now and it has gone pretty well. Until two days ago. The machine is a Pentium 166 with 64Meg of ram and plenty of disk space. OS is Wndows NT 4.0 with SP3 I am now unable to declare functions to windows or non-visual user objects. I can select the access type (private, public, etc), the return type; I can enter a argument name (asv_something) but as soon as I press tab or click anywhere outside of the argument edit control, Dr Watson comes up and PowerBuild...

Web resources about - PowerBuilder crashing in SQL painter - sybase.powerbuilder.general

Jim O'Neil (@jimoneil) on Twitter

Contact Us - Sybase Inc

热门搜索 - 我的异常网

Top Ranked Articles